Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Good news today!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Good news today!

I have been given a 3 month repreive from Chemotherapy! My doc wants to try this other drug first and has high hopes that he can get my counts down enough to stall the Chemo 3 months minimum and maybe years if this works! The longer I can stall it, the more chance they will cure it! I am a very happy man right now! Thank God I got off the Actiq, so I could really HEAR this news! All of you who said I was in your prayers, thank you soo much! I have more and more hope. Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate that! And happy April 08th for those who don't! Just thought I'd post some GOOD news for once!
I have followed your posts for 8 weeks now and have been praying for you. I am so happy that you have good news!!!!  I can't even begin to imagine all you have been through and still off your actiq. You are truly an inspiration for all and I wish you the Happiest Easter ever. What a great post to read this morning!!  You make others strong by your posts and you have touched my heart more than once.

God Bless and I hope the good news just keeps coming.

Always,
Mariyah

Good deal!      : )
congratations i hope it goes good for you hopefully youll never need that chemo my prayers are with you    bowhunter
I'm sooooooo happy for you!! Now that's what I call GOOD NEWS. Your post is the last one I will read tonight probably and I'm so glad you got it on the board so I could see it before tomorrow. It's so good to share happy news. Does the 25mcg patch control your pain?? I hope so.

Prayers do work and I have prayed for you. You and Mrs. manonfire should celebrate. Don't get too frisky and break a leg or you won't be in any shape to go hunting with Bowhunter. lol

I don't know what to say, other than I'm just plain ecstatic about the new treatment which might put chemo on a back burner. I have my gmail set up now. ***@****. I just remembered I better check my mail before I go to bed.

You take care please.....
HAPPY EASTER!!
LS
I'm so happy for you!!!  I was so worried about you.  You sound so much better today.  I hope everything goes well and I'm praying for you!!  Take care and god bless you, Luvs ya, Lil.
Thank God!! I have been reading your posts and thinking about you often, and I have been so amazed by your strength through out this whole process. I think you are blessed X's 2 because you have such a supportive and loving wife who has stood by your side the whole time. This truly is an Easter Miracle!!!
Hey....that's the best news I've heard in a while. I'm so glad to hear this....you deserve a break my friend and the prayers will keep coming!

Happy Easter.....God Bless you!
Marcie
Im sooooooooo happy for you and u are always in my prayers and thoughts!!!!!

chros