Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Gratitude List~

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Gratitude List~

I think it is time for another one of these.   We sometimes get so caught up in our lives that we forget about all we have been given.  We also have many new members who are struggling and they need to see that life does get better without drugs and alcohol.  I will go first........

I am grateful to be a recovering addict~
I am so grateful that I broke free from my addiction in time to save my life and not leave my husband alone and my daughters (& kitties) without a Mom.  I am grateful that I fully KNOW & UNDERSTAND that I will have to work hard to protect this sobriety for the rest of my life.  I am grateful to have the most supportive husband and family and for all of the great new friends and people I have met here on Medhelp - thank you all :))
Great post sarah!
I am grateful to just be feeling better and working toward one year soon.
I feel so much better and can wake up in the morning without that feeling of impending doom.I can now live with myself,be alone with myself,laugh and relax.  I just wish that I could convince each and every one who is on the fence or just quitting,that it does get better and you will feel better just sheerly because you quit these drugs.It may take a little time and you may not think you are feeling better but I bet if you keep an honest journal,there would be a dramatic change in your life for the better. I know that all the hassle of using is something I surely do not miss.    
I am grateful that I am not counting pills and checking my whiskey bottle to make sure I will have enough to get thru the day.

I am grateful that my kids came by the house unannounced tonight just to visit for a few minutes and I was sober enough to enjoy their company and the fact that they wanted to be here.

I can run to town for anything and not fear going to jail for DWI.
Etc...........

Thanks sara this was a good idea!
I am sooo Grateful to be clean..Grateful to finally turn the corner in my recovery to feel my Brain & Body again..Grateful to be Happier then ever, ever before...Very, Very Grateful for the Support from my Husband, Mom and my 2 Dads..AND Grateful for all of my New NET Friends........

The Biggest to be GRATEFUL IS MY GOD.......YA!!!!!! It works if you work it...
Thanks Med Help and ALL... lol
I so understand the kids coming over.  It feels so good.  I love the calls i get saying Mom we are on our way over!

Tomorrow i am going to see my grandbabies.  They are the loves of my life.  I love my kids too but the babies have my heart and soul.  They are the best therapy in the world.  To see the world thru a toddlers eyes is so refreshing...Life is so simple and good to them and to see this thru clean eyes and mind is incredible to me.  The oldest one teaches me about life as a 12 yr old.  I find out how "old fashioned" i really am!!  I listen to him as he tells me about how life is now for them.  So different than when i was a kid.  I hear quite often...Oh grandma!!  Had i not gotten clean i would of never experienced any of this as my relationship with my daughter would of never mended and i wouldnt of had the chance to be around them.  Grandbabies are a gift that are given to us~
I am so grateful that as I close in on 290 days clean my cravings for, and love affair with, the hydro seem to be easing.

It is s l o w, but it is improving!  I am grateful for life . . .

Bryan
I'm so grateful for lots of things.   I'm so blessed to have found this forum!!  To be clean 25 days!!  To be feeling great and no anxiety today!!

Just feeling very blessed right now!!
Great Posts Guys & Thanks for this opportunity Sarah, this is my first one:
GRATITUDE: What a word for me. Sobriety has spun my life on its head or I should say on its feet. I truly experience Gratitude on a daily basis now, along with a clarity, peace and openness towards life - an acceptance of situations and people that I've never felt before. I feel a freshness and anticipation of things to come that I haven't experienced since I was a teenager.
I'm Grateful - (I'm looking for another word here and 'indebted' just isn't the one.... anymore!) to my Sister, my Mom and nieces and nephews who I've been restored to. What joy!
I'm grateful for being able to complete daily tasks w/o thinking they're a drag. I'm grateful for the people I smile at on the street. I'm grateful that no one's stolen my recycling bin this month...I'm 'thankful for the small things today'.

The real miracle though, the true revelation amidst this trial by fire, has been this site. I can't really remember how or why I stumbled across it in my early w/d's but there are no accidents. The more I'm here the more I see intuition, Grace, Compassion - force at a distance at work - mysterious and wonderful. To have my destructive past turned into valuable experience is just overwhelming. To be able to reach out and help people is not so altruistic - I feel it might do more for me than it does me. I feel so connected to a variety of people of all ages, from disparate locales and backgrounds
I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for the inspiration and the learning experience. I'm also so Grateful to my friends here for their unflagging support, love and the constant contact. I'm particularly Grateful to VICourageous, Clean_In_KS, Jimi, ActingBrandNew, NeedsHelp144, Four Jays, Onetonbrun, Truckerswife, Cinderelly, Toothfaerie, NikkiSix, Ricart70 and EmmahT.
My ultimate Gratitude though, is reserved for my first friend on this site, Ben 727 who single-handedly anchored me through my first couple of months - and believe me, I was quite a chaotic bundle of need. Thanks again, Benjamin.
Sorry, I'd also at hope6hope to the list above - don't know how that happened.
Wow A, that was beautiful.  (tears). God is so good!!

Feeling so very blessed today!!
I am soooo grateful to be clean.  I am grateful to this site for helping me through. I am grateful to my family for helping and understanding. I am especially grateful to toothfairie, Keith187, Vicouragous, Wantmylifeback, and actingbrandnew who have helped me a lot during the way.
I am grateful for today~I am grateful that I still have 5 babies left to love on and snuggle~I am grateful that I am handling my grief finally in a positive healthy way.~I am grateful to everyone here at this site~
I am grateful for all of you~
Its only been 60 hours so I dont know if I am supposed to post here yet but I am grateful for all of you!  Your stories and kind words mean the world to me!  I hope to be where all of yall are soon!
I'm Grateful I no longer feel I'm not good enough.. I'm Grateful I'm alive.. I'm Grateful I had found photography and I'm Grateful the love of Nature has been re-awoken.. I'm Grateful for the teachings of my Ancestors I'm also Grateful to know the true love of my family... I'm Grateful to be in recovery.. For my Friends here and the support I have received these last 5 years.. lesa
Welcome littlegirlinbigworld, Glad you posted and Congrats on your 60 hrs.!
i am grateful for my life, my health, nature, my new place, writing, music, working out, this forum, and all the kicka$$ people in my life!!!  and finally yet another chance, prolly undeserved, to get clean --
I agree God Is go good!  I have not started the long road yet but I have come across so many people willing to help I go to the DRS. on thursday and get her opinion on the direction I need to take for the least amount of withdrawl (withdrawal).  I will post when I start and how I will start.
I am gratful for this new way of life that has been given to me. I'm gratefjl for every morning I wake up with excitement to c what today holds. I'm grateful every night I put my head on my pillow sober. I'm grateful I'm not alone anymore.

I'm grateful for today that I put a down deposit on tomorrow.
I am grateful (this may sound selfish but very true) I am grateful for being ME!!  I was finally ready and able to take my life back to become me again and anyone who's reading this here can relate to what i am saying. You are no longer you after years on pills.  It changes everything about you, and don't realize till now when the real you comes back
I've hated myself for so many years. The last 20 days I've been amazed how wonderful life really can be.  God so much came with the pills it seriously was a full time job for me.  I feel happy not high and pissed cause no one will answer to assure I had pills tomorrow.   I am grateful god gave me and all of you the strength and will power to become us again!!!
Beautiful day to all of you and congrats!!!!!  We can do this you just have to be alright with not being alright for a while.  I am grateful for g_narly as he has been my crutch here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks bud!!!!
The things that I am grateful for are the struggles that I have had.  The tests that once over-came made me stronger.  It may not make since but if you have never feared you could not apprediate love.  
If you have never lost than you never really won.
If we never had war we could not appreciate peace
If you have never tried to control your life you could never feels like to appreciate faith
If you have never been behind you could not appreciate being ahead
These are some of the some of the cycles of life that make us stronger and more powerful and there is a time for being powerful and powerless
Without being powerless over our addiction then we would not be so powerful with in our sobriety :)
I am grateful that the evil oxy does not control my life anymore. I am also grateful for having a loving wife and a great support system. I am grateful I found all of you great people here at MH without who's help I may still be eating Oxys and most of all I am grateful to have accepted Jesus in my heart & life.
i'm grateful to be clean!! no pills for almost 5 months....also grateful for finding this site and all the GREAT people on here!  grateful for my family and also that i'm able to work the job(s) i have and do them without pills!  
I am also very grateful for being clean and sober 564 days, over 18 months. My fiance and I quit together to make our life better. Now instead of using we go on trips, go camping, enjoy great baking and cooking, enjoy family times, used stores we love, play pool, shuffleboard, darts, play catch and other games. We have a great garden planned and tilled, and seedlings growing now. We plan for our future, and we get many rewards for being good spiritual people who try to help others and care for them. We pray today and are very grateful to GOD for giving us the direction we needed  to be clean and sober and the strength to carry it out. We love our new friendships in AA, and love going to the meetings. We are very blessed.Sober and clean life is so great.
I am grateful for my daughter, who was my motivation for getting off the opiates, my wife who understood and was there while I went through the not-so-fun times, and I am grateful that the creativity and obsessiveness of music and playing guitar has finally returned. Like many have said, I also would not be 33 days free if it wasn't for those of you on this site who helped me through it.  Thank you all.
I am so grateful I took my life back and each day I wake up and its better than any day that I used pills as a crutch!
The life I had was so sad and depressing each day I would wake up and have dread and would go to sleep with the same dread.
I can hold my head up high and look in the mirror and be proud and I just feel so overwhelmed with Hope and happiness. I am at 289 days clean almost 9 months, what a journey this has been, I continue each day and push thru the bad days and embrace the many good ones. I use the tools and knowledge many people on here and in my aftercare have given me. I realize I am human and just take it one day at a time and reach out to get support and Give it!   God Bless You all :)
LOVE these post! So grateful to wake in the morning without my body vibrating from lack of pills. Grateful to look into my kids eyes and connect again with joy. Grateful to feel a strong body and a clear conscious . Grateful for medhelp and all of you wonderful folks. Just plain grateful for everyday pill free.
I am grateful for a clearer head, deeper connections with fam and friends, and more 'guap' in my pocket ;)
HI Sara  great post first and formost I am greatful to be clean  today is over 3yrs free from my nemisis methadone and 1yr off the benzos  without that you got nothing.....im greatful for a loving wife of 31yrs and my children and espicaly my grand kids  im greatful every day for the air I breath the food I eat and shelter  so many out there do without  today I am eteranial greatful to my God Jesus Christ who keeps me going thew it all today im am compleat..........Gnarly
I'm greatful to be in recovery and tht my wonderful husband stood by my side thru the whole process! Words can't describe how thankful to everyone here who has helped me thru the worst and gave me some tough love when I needed it!!! This is to 8 months clean :) THANK U!!!!! =]
I am grateful for my mom and dad who i miss so much.  I never realized all they had taught me until they were gone~
Grateful doesn't describe what I feel...I don't even know if there is a word for what I feel. My life has taken such a dramatic and awesome turn that I don't know where to start. I am grateful for my husband for sticking with me and loving me more today than ever has, I can feel that love everyday. I'm grateful for my extended families support and my best friend for convincing me rehab was what I needed even when I resisted with all my might. I'm grateful for the renewed passion and love I have for my children and life as a whole. My world was sinking fast...so I am EXTREMELY grateful for my month long rock bottom...without it I wouldn't be here today!  Finally I'm grateful for my renewed sense of happiness and hope...no longer fearing every dark day....oh yeah, and my awesome new job, something I wouldn't have had if I was still using. I might not come here every day like I used to, but I always enjoy the inspiration of all of you wonderful people here and your incredible stories of struggle and survival. There IS life on the other side...and it is breathtaking!!!!
Im grateful that I'm getting closer to being off the subs. That I am over a month now off fentanyl. That I can feel emotion again I'm no longer a zombie. I enjoy life even the smallest things. I can laugh again and I'm happy. I have been given a second chance at life and I'm going to take it. I wi continue bye the fight to get off subs and I know for a fact that I will win this!!
I'm also grateful Sarah posted this I needed this :) Thank You