Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP!!!! METRO NARCOTIC UNIT

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP!!!! METRO NARCOTIC UNIT

I went to pharmacy tonight to get my narcotic medication filled. Pharamcist came back & told me that the Metro Narcotic unit put a do not fill order on my file and they kept my prescription. Told me that I needed to contact my doctor. Has this ever happened to anyone, and what do I do????  Please help!!!!
You can drive yourself crazy speculating or you can call your doctor and find out what the problem is.  If you've followed the rules you should be able to clear it up.  If you've been filling multiple scrips from different doctors for the same medication, that's a problem.  You might want to call the narcotic unit directly and see what they have to say.  They might be looking more at the doctor rather than you personally.
I just read your posts from December where you said you started chewing oxycontin and ended up in the hospital.  It appears your doctor has decided to cut you off after trying to wean you down over the past month.  What doesn't make sense is that your doctor would write the scrip and then get the law involved.  I must be missing something here?
That sounds scary. Jay is right tho. As long as your on the up and up and not dr shopping and getting tons of scripts from different drs and emer rooms they may be investigating the dr. Sadly there are dirty docs out there who are helping addicts progress in their addictions. Take Jays suggestions and keep us posted. Good luck to you.
Ok yeah. That doesnt make much sense then. Hmmm i guess your just going to have to wait to speak to your dr. Is this the same dr who was going to ween you or did you find a new dr?
HI ....well your probably freaking out because your facing going into withdrawals tonight now
this my be a blessing in discise if you where being weened off in the first place this will just get it over with for you im sure you have been reading post on what to expect tonight just soak in a hot bath it helps most of the symptoms the best thing you can bring to the table is a positive attitude trry not to let fear into the equation it only makes it worst and its always worst in our minds then it turnes out to be  you can call the doctor in the mornig to find out whats up as others have said if your getting multiple scripts from different doctors you may not only not get your script but you may have some legal trouble so call the doctor and find out whats up let us know and worst case senerio we do a home detox with you and you wont have to ever woorie about refills again good luck and God bless.....Gnarly    
Your going to have to get real honest real fast as it is never a good thing when you have the MNU breathing down your neck......sara
Here's my problem. When I first moved here from out of state I had a pain dr. I'd been a patient for 8 years. NEVER had a problem until oxycontin. I got my rx filled from my old dr, and 18 days later got with the new pain dr in my new state and got that filled. I didn't call my old dr until 2 weeks ago asking if I could get copies of my last MRI to give to the new dr. I've had a recurring problem with his office manager for years. He didn't take work comp cases, but took me as a favor and it royally ticked her off. When I called for my mri results she called me back and told me that she had run a prescription history and that I violated my contract with my dr and that she would be calling my new dr. Went in for my appointment today and was told in the waiting room that I had been "dismissed as a patient for being a drug addict". Wouldn't let me speak to the dr. Nothing. I asked her what I was supposed to do and she told me to go to the er. I did. Sat there for 6 hours. They gave me a shot of promethazine and wrote me an script for 10 vicodin. My husband went to the pharmacy to get it filled and after waiting the pharmacist said that they had received notice from the "metro narcotics unit that I was not to fill any narcotic" and that the er had now rescended my script. Told me to contact a primary care physician. My new ddr weaned me off the oxycontin in one months time and then replaced it with morphine er 30 mg 3 times a day, and kept me on oxycodone ir 15 mg 3 times a day. I think that was the ONLY way I was able to get off the oxycontin. I AM SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!  Not only of the withdrawal, but now the legal trouble, and the pain. I need pain medication. I've not abused the morphine or the oxy ir and I was so proud of myself for finally getting off the oxycontin. I don't know what to do at this point. I don't have health insurance, so I don't even know if I can get into a rehab. I'm going to need pain medication, but I have no idea what to do now that I've got it on my file not to fill anything. Any help would be very greatly appreciated!!!!
I would insist on talking with the doctor and not the office manager........Keep us posted.
I read your post this morning and am thinking of you, let us know how you are doing, did everything work out? Did you talk with the Dr. please let us know!

Mag
Wow sorry you are doing this.  So this happened because you filled 2 scripts over 2 weeks with 2 different drs? Doesn't seem like much.

Gnarly is right, this is probably best. But sounds like you've already talked yourself into needing pain meds. I understand the pain as I've had 2 operations and 1 scheduled next month.
From what I hear from people that got clean the pain is never as bad once they were off pain pills.
Don't you have the right to ask the dr what happened? Also surprised the ER wouldn't help you get off meds
Good luck and let us know

ps never heard of that unit.  What state you live in?