Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP! 3RD DAY CT!! OXYS

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP! 3RD DAY CT!! OXYS

my husband is on his 3rd day of ct w/d's, and he says its worst than the other 2 days so far! He's had diarrhea, (taking immodium,not helping) he's throwing up, he's got the rls, up & down all night, and I imagine all day. (i work, so i'm not here)!! He's been taking the multi-vitamin everyday, and some Xanax to help to sleep. We bought the stuff for the Thomas Recipe, and we're doing what it says, but you dont take the L-Tyrosine + B6 until after tomorrow right? He won't get in the hot baths either. He is sooo terribly miserable! I dont know what to do to help him. Are there any other suggestions? If anybody remembers, he was taking about 7 80mgs oxys, roxi's, and ms contin, (not at the same time)when he started going ct he was taking ms contin 100mgs, and very little of those. I know he will get better, and I'm not worried about him "staying" clean at all, I'm worried about his health, when should I consider taking him to the ER?  Any helpful advice would be so welcome!  I found this forum, and I read it every single day! Sometimes, I am up way late, just so I can read every post!! Thanks to all!!!
Well, baths will help out alot. Xanax will make the rls worse it did for me. There are some things out there in the vitamin isle called "Calm" it helps calm you down. I just come off of a 4 year methadone addiction ct and at day 17 the worst part is over but i still don't have any get up and go. give him another 10 days maybe the worst part will be over. take a look at my journals and you will see my journey through this awful sh**. methadone is harder to come off of than oxy's....believe that. take care and be patient. hot baths help rls. he has to make himself get up i know its hard but you have to make yourself do it.
Get the 'Calm' with calcium. Calm is magnesium and you need both. Vitamins are not too important until you can keep them down. Push fluids, Gatorade helps with restoring electrolytes. Day 3 is typically the worst. Day 4 is hard too. After or on day 5 many start to feel a bit better. Watch out for dehydration. If he continues to have diarrhea and throws up. He will dehydrate very quickly. Call ER if this continues too long. It isn't real common for this to last but you need to be aware of what to do if it does.
See if you can get some Clonodine from ER or your family doctor.  It will help alot.  It's a bp med they use to help with withdrawal symptoms.   Like going2makeit said  make sure he does not dehydrate.  Also try some protein drinks and some gatorade.  Banana's also help a little with the RLS.  Tell him to hang in there it will start to get better soon.  
Thanks for the fast response, you guys are so knowledgable, and it really helps when I don't know how to help him!  I am waiting for the rain to subside, and I am going to walgreens or cvs to get the Calm you spoke about.  He won't take anything else, but the vitamins, and gatoraide, or water. I am trying to get him to get up and walk a little, but he only makes it to the bathroom, and he's barely made it there b4, well you know what I mean......!!  Is there any other vitamins I can get that might help? I will also try and get him in a hot bath.  He is of course hot/cold, I see goosebumps all over his body.  Why won't the immodium help? I also have been giving him the aleve, is that ok? I feel for him so bad, I have the lights off, and nobody is bothering him (we have kids), right now he's just miserably sick with the "flu"!!!  Thanks and please keep posting, I will as well and let you know of his progress. I was really hoping that by day 3 he just might start feeling a little better, I knew it was probably wishful thinking, I'm not going to tell him that by day 5 or 10 he should not feel as bad, I think it would mess with his mind! He is all about the will power!! Thanks again guys I appreciate all the advice!!!
I strongly recommend the hot bath..that really does help. Tell him he will be turning the corner "soon".....
Try to push the fluids...and like many have said..he will get dehydrated w/o flidss and that can mess w/ his electrolyes..which affect a LOT of things in your body...
Keep posting....we're here for you!
What he is going thru is normal. Try to help him thru it. He can increase on the Immodium if needed. It is a type of opiate that doesn't pass the blood to brain barrier and can actually help with withdrawal while it corrects his bathroom issues.
Best of luck to you both
hes seriously got to get in a HOT bath..  That was the ONLY thing that helped the RLS for me.  I stayed in the tub hours at a time.

Good Luck
Thanks again, I just made him a very hot bath, AND YOU ALL WERE SOOOO RIGHT!! IF I COULD JUST GET HIM IN! I DID, and HE IS SOOOOOOOO THANKFUL!! ITS THE BEST HE'S FELT ALL DAY! Today is his worst day yet he said, but I told him that he was going to be on the "right" side of the hill soon! And that just to hang in there, I am sooo proud of him, he's a courageous man! Thanks to all you!!!
Hang in there 11 days after today from the same meds morphine oxycontin and hydrocodone. I stopped throwing up around day four I think in the evening. I drank plenty of fluids went a few days well a lil more wo eating much no appetite at all just getting it back slowly. I was nauseated after that a day or so but felt better. RLS is slowing down alot slep a couple hors last night had been a few days without any at all save 10 minutes here and there not restful thats for sure. Felt like I was going mad. Hang in there it can be done he lucky to have you there with him. Still up and down halls most of night, but I can concetrate a bity more and occupy myself instead of obsessing over what would have made me well at the time. I think of getting through it more instead of what would make me okay. Hang in there.
Also I took alot of the pill form loperamide ( Immodium ) I hate to say how many I took but did not have diahrea ouch that makes it burn and I detest having it. He'll see the light a lil more tomorrow.
If you see it at walmart...EmergenC..a powdered vitamin was great for me...you mix it with water and it made me drink my fluids I needed ...i never threw up but the diarrhea was horrible....fluids are way more important than eating right now...remember that and if you see he is becoming confused or a change in mental status...take him to the er...if he is keeping down his fluids that is good....walmart also sells an anti-nausea med that works well...it is their brand   cheap but works   may help him hold the fluids down ...worst will probably subside soon   hang in there   keep posting
the baths rock......tell him hang in there...it's guna pass.....****
So, i just got back from Walgreens, for an hour, I'm looking through ALL of the vitamins, i seriousely looked at EVERY single bottle, looking for L-Tyrosine, that "Calm" with calcium, didn't write on my list calcium though, just the "calm", and couldn't find either! So many vitamins, I thought I heard somebody somewhere say milk thistle, then i thought I saw somebody post, fish oil, ugh! I am at a loss! I heard from the Thomas Recipe that the L-Tyro combined w/B6 really will help tremendously, and I REALLY wanted to get that, but this is the 2nd place, l/f it, and with no luck/what else can i get for him? all those vitamins something has to help, anything to help him feel a little better. I also got those hot patches, heat pads or whatever they are, for the muscle pains. more gatoraide, he really has almost gone through a HUGE bottle, but he said his bum hurts soooo bad and it's (i'm sorry, i know this is so not pretty) like water! And hurts very badly. Gave him more immodium. Also, I bought excedrin migrain??? IDK, i bought the aleve, but maybe this will help a little better. Anyway, you guys are frigging awesome, and the support, AMAZING!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR CARING ABOUT US, people you don't even know, I as my husband is, are both very thankful for you all!!
If you are still here, he will be fine. You usually wont have to go to the ER. W/D although feels lifethreatening, it isnt. He was taking a pretty high dose of Oxy;s. I used to take 15-20 80mg oxys a day, my dr. told me I should have been dead. And I managed to get through CT. He will be ok. He is half way through the worse, so just tell him to hold on. And hopefully, this pain will show him he never wants to do this to himself again. Tell him to get his butt in the baths. They will work and he will thank you when he is done. Try to make it nice for him, get him a magazine, lite some candles and tell him to just sit in there an relax. It will help with the RLS, I actually slept in the tub one night. Make sure he stays hydrated. He can get through it. Good luck.
He can do it its the getting thru it that is so tough. I was very sick and each day was different. I drank flat gingerale just so I would have the dry heaves I couldnt eat a thing it came right back up. IF he can eat try jello that worked for me I didnt have to chew it or notice it going down and first thing in morning I ate that try eating jello with the shakes a little giggle for y'all!!! He can do it-----I was alone alot too thru mine my husband works nights too and the mornings and nights were the worst. I still have insomnia and feel that may last awhile its how to sleep the pills helped me do that!!!! I watch alot of tv or go on here or read and still no sleep but its better than where I was. ENCOURAGE him my husband couldnt or wouldnt do that and I longed for it so much. Others did my counseler and the nurses I saw and my oldest daughter on the phone would tell me but I needed to hear it from him he was the one who knew I was vomiting or shaking etc but I needed to hear it...... You posting on here is wonderful to do that for him!!!!!!
You definately got that right, liscamdave about the feeling life threatening! Man, I heard him say, OMG THIS IS HORRIBLE, I HAVE NEVER FELT SOOO ROTTEN IN MY LIFE! He says, no matter how much pain he has in his back, he would deal with that a million times over, than deal with what he's going through now! The thought of even LOOKING at another pill, makes him realize, NEVER again! He said even as bad, as terrible as all these w/d's are, if he even had a pill, he wouldnt take it, he will not back track, and go through this again! He shakes, he's teared up a bit, he's said my name, and then through tears, just says, omg this is the worst feeling i have ever had in my life, then he gets up & down, not knowing what to do. I just keep saying, what can i do? what can i get you? please tell me what i can do to help. he just thanks me over & over again, and says he's PROUD of me, for taking on all the responsibilities of the household, kids, etc... Can you believe that? I am so proud of HIM, for sticking it out, and not caving. He asks me questions about what your stories are, how long will this last, please tell me I might feel a little better tomorrow? and i tell him the stories, and tell him he's on his way, and all the positive things i see on here. He just wants me to continue to tell him, everything is going to be allright, which i do always! I will look for that EmergenC, and everything else people have said, i will do whatever, buy whatever i have to, to try and make it a little easier, i know it's not, he said earlier, if the house was burning down, he wouldnt even care, he would just lay there! I know that's the misery and pain talking! I'm sure i would feel the same too! I put bananas by the bed, crackers, gatoraide, all the vitamins, asprin, immodium, all of it right by him, so he can have access to it, not go far for it, since i'm not home during the day, then i take care of him at night.  he had started a journal the first day, and i have to tell you, the writing has withered to about 1 line, and thats ITS A TERRIBLE DAY! He was writing the times, he took things, how he was feeling, what time he slept, got up, ate or drank anything, etc... today- it was just barely a sentence, so i asked him and wrote it down for him. Sorry for being so long winded! Guess i realize I NEED people to talk to that are going through this and know what Im saying, and can sympathize! Sorry guys, didnt mean to write a book. As ALWAYS, thanks for listening, and for the GREAT ADVICE!! KEEP POSTING! I will keep looking back here, i believe that's how it goes right? I am new, and not sure how these things work, like threads, and stuff!! so bare with me!
God Bless You ........<3            Your husband is a lucky man.
Hot baths WITH Epsom salts helps so much. If he is having trouble eating,try Ensure.
Ok, we're on day 4, and he's feeling TERRIBLE STILL! I bought the EmergenC thingy, and the Thomas Recipe just isn't helping, yet anyway! He is absolutely miserable guys! It's the end almost of day 4, of course he is NOT SLEEPING AT ALL NOW! He has been up since 11:30 last night, and it's almost 10:30pm the next night! He doesn't remember how much immodium he took today, or excedrin,and he took an entire bar of xanax this morning before i left for work at 7:15!!! STILL NO SLEEP!  Getting ready to put him in the hot bath, and please if anybody has any other advice, PLEASE POST! I NEED IT! any other vitamins, anything!!! Damn- i thought for sure by today he would feel a LITTLE TINY BIT BETTER!  Thnx to everyone for sticking by our sides!!!  MUCH LOVE!
Day 4 can be real bad too. Day 5 is hopefully the turning point. Xanax and a 1/2 muscle relaxer knocked me out, I am surprised it didn't do it for him. TylenolPM helps some people. Natural Calm with calcium seems to help relax muscles too. Don't worry about vitamins until he gets thru the major w/ds
Tell him to hang in there..not much longer and he'll be feeling beter
You need to hang in there , too!!!  He is lucky to have you by his side!!!
I just helped him to take a hot hot hot bath, and he's able to actually talk to me while he is in there, of course I WISH we had a huge tub, unfortunately we don't and so, he's not all that comfortable, but it helps. Anyway, we talked, and he said he has no idea how anybody could go to jail like this! He said, but theres people that it probably happens to right? He's trying to put himself all the time, in other peoples shoes, and how they did it, etc.....and he is like, obviousely it happens to people, and they make it, and they are in jail! SO, I can definately do this! He said again, the thought of even taking another pill, even a little tiny bit, to help him sleep, isnt even AN OPTION! Because he says alls it will do, will back track him, and there is NO WAY that he is going through this just to go backwards!!  Even knowing it could make him feel better, because he is IN COMPLETE MISERY, he will continue to deal with the misery. He said that he hopes he will start to feel a little better soon, just even a little better! He starts a new job in 10 days!! Do you think he will be ok? Its not a hard labor job at all, no outside, sun, heat, nothing like that, but it's sitting and having to be very detailed. what do you all think? Do you think after 14 days he will feel better? please tell me he will feel ALOT better! Is it wishful thinking?  I know I have read the no sleep for a long time, and he can deal with that, but NOT the hot/cold sweats, RLS, and the feeling of just wanting to die! the headaches too, the diarrhea, the immodium is starting to kick in a little I think. Anyway, just thought I would keep you posted about his condition on day 4, going in to day 5, please pray for him! Thanks as always for the GREAT ADVICE, and for being here for us!! (Sorry for always writing such LONG posts!)
YEs he should feel much better in within 14 days....I'm a girl, so I was on an emotional rollercoaster, but everyone's different.  Maybe gender has nothing to do with it....  Some say 4-5 days, some 5-7 days, I think about 8 days for me....but I wasn't taking near that amount of narcotic....I wish you and him the best of luck!  We're here for you....you know that! :)
He will make it. Even though he feel so bad. All of a sudden he will start to feel better and that will give him hope. I still bet that tomorrow will see a ray of hope. I sure hope so. it is not fun, what he is going through.
Thank you for that! I needed to hear that, and I'm going to tell my husband that he should be feeling much better by day 14! He is a strong man, with a strong mind, and once he puts his mind to it, he goes full force, thats the great thing about him! He believes its all about the mind, and if you will yourself 100% you can do anything!! I know that he's miserable, I see it so clearly! You are a brave one, all of you are so brave! I cant imagine it, i can't fathom feeling like this! You should all be so proud of yourselves for making it!
There are ups and downs but they are not like the first 4-5 days! In 2 weeks he will be much better than now!
I hope your right! I hope he sees a ray of sunshine, and a light at the end of this physically/emotionally, draining tunnel! I keep telling him what you all say, and I see immediately in his so very tired eyes, a flicker of hope! I don't know anything at all about that 1/2 life I see in some posts, about pills. I dont know how to calculate that at all!! does that mean, how long it will take to leave your body, completely?
The light for me started on day 6....it still took a few to get there, but I could see it and that was a HUGE step in the right direction....I mean, it was like taking the first step out of hell......I mean it.....seeing the light, wow, what a memory.....it was so hard.  Bless you for taking such good care of me.  My husband was working long hours and was so insensative about the whole thing....."mind over matter" my BUTT!!!!  I was sweating through 3 towels a night a 2 sets of clothes!!!   Sky high temp!  Ice cubes for feet and hands.....Endless tears, but it'll end.....and I'll never go back....I'll look back, as a reminder never to GO back.  Be well Raven....(I don't know about 1/.2 life)  P.S. I didn't know about withdrawls until I was full blown in them.....maybe that was a good thing.  
I mean bless you for taking such good care of HIM!!! Not me, that sounds kinda psychotic....
Raven I hope so too, but if it's day 6 it is still close. He will get better.
your man is right about the horror of jail come downs.....i am one of them....my first 4.75 days were spent in jail....3 years of steady oxycontin use...and the 6 before were perks or anything opiate..the last year was crazy use,,,,up to 10 80's a day,,,i still have not figured that one out ,,,i am alive and healthy still knock on anything..first 38 hours was in the hole.....arg,,,,,..when i got out last friday at 5 pm i swore no more!....have not touched one since,,,day 5 6 7 8 9 even 10 were ****...it was hell...i gota tell ya that today is good...i d have been dealing with alot of **** since getting out and fixing things i have messed up(i'm not a criminal....just a hard working guy that lost control)well guess i'm a criminal now,,,,,,,doh!.....tell your man he has the right mind set so he'll be ok,,i will be counting weeks soon and starting a new job and i feel it will be allright...i'd rather feel all my aches and pains than go backwards or ever have to wd again...if offered an oxy or a kick in the face i would choose the face boot...cuz my last 11 days have been bad...guess what, day 12 and i feel fine,,,,hurtin a bit...still not much sleep,,,rls still but it is getting better everyday....he's guna be fine because he knows what we know...when his hands stop crampin and shakin tell him to post something..i'd like to send him some congrads for roughin in out.....inmate 76348702
Wow! That sucks! how did you do that? Did they help you in there? Do they give you anything at all?? You are a very strong man for sure!  And we ALL mistakes! My husband is just the same, a hard working man trying to take care of his family, had a back problem, went through some different type meds, (by the way, this is a man, who NEVER goes to the dr. for any reason, just deals with whatever comes his way,but this i begged him to go cause he couldnt move, he couldnt work, etc..what a mistake i made!) anyway, finally he got the oxy that helped alot! He had no idea that he would become addicted, AT ALL! HE doesn't even take aspirin. We were so naive! He's paying the price now! And it was his choice to stop the pills, he feels like it does nothing but bring him down, he sleeps and lays in bed because he's depressed, he used to be such a get up a go kinda guy, just completely different than where this drug has taken him. He also, was a health freak, and this just demolished him! He made the decision that our kids, don't need and don't deserve that kind of man, they deserve the father they had. He was up to 7 oxys a day, snorting them. Then like i said, he also did the ms contin and the roxys, because of course the 90 a month oxys weren't enough. through all that, I can't believe he's still alive either! I CANT GET OVER the amount you were taking at all! HOW DID YOU GET OFF? I mean, I know you had 3 hell days in the worst place ever, but how did you make it? How did you do it? This is day #5, and he feels just as bad as day #1! WTF? I have bought every possible vitamin, pepto bismol, heartburn pills, heating pads, the stuff on the Thomas Recipe, and then some, and nothing is helping! He has horrible RLS, and he just shakes & shakes sometimes. The hot baths help, but our tub isnt that big so he can't just stay in it for a long time.Even though he said if we had a jacuzzi he would stay in it all day! He did feel like some fruit though, today. This morning I went out and bought some mixed fresh fruit bowls for him. He ate one whole bowl, then about 5 min after, he was in the bathroom. B4 I got home from the store, he didn't make it to the bathroom, know what I mean? When I got home, he apologized profusely about that, which I told him it was no big deal at all, his body right now is going through things, and he just has no control over any of it!  I feel for him so badly. Because I can't do anything to help him, to feel better.I did buy that HTP this morning, i read somewhere on these posts that will help the neurotransmitters in the brain???? We'll see, I know you had to be soooo terrible too, and I just think if you did it, he can do it. He sneezing uncontrollably right now as i type! I'm getting ready to put him in a hot bath, and hope that he feels a little better. Right now, I feel like I have given him so many different things, maybe i'm doing it wrong. I give him immodium, pepto, and i was giving him the multivitamin, & b12, also but i read that the vitamins right now aren't a big issue until he can get them down.  He's not throwing up just the other end. He says his stomach is in knots, he has the worst pains, and he said actually yesterday day 4 his legs started slowing down, and he thought, ok- good, the leg shakes are gone, i can deal with the other symptoms, but then they came back full force through the night, and he's back to misery again. He doesn't sleep, at all, and he took 2 Xanax this morning, and they are the bars! I think the 2mgs. PRODUCED NO SLEEP!  oh yeah, i got some melatonin- i thought i would give him that as well, but like i said I'm afraid im giving him all these different things that maybe its making it worst!  Ok- so keep posting, i know your still going through it, and this place is such a great place of support! I can't get over how everybody is just so positive and encouraging and everybody KNOWS WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! You all have been there, & done this and are doing this, and it is so nice to talk to people who are in the same place, and who can give me advice and keep me going, so i can keep my husband going. Thank you to all of you. And I will try & have my husband post when he's feeling better!  
End of day 5- husbad hurting so bad i want to cry for him. RLS is at it's all time high! I have given him like i said above, all these different things, pepto, immodium, melatonin, which i still dont know the exact amounts I can give him to help him sleep, i gave him 2 per directions on bottle. gave him that 5HTP (i think thats the name, anyway said above) He's lowered his xanax completely, hot baths today, 2 bowls of fruit, water, he still has diarrhea, even with the immodium (i hear wonders about the immodium how well it works, but have to say, not in our case!)  So far, unfortunately i have to say the Thomas Recipe not so helpful at all, atleast not yet anyway. I'm hoping day 6 will be the turning point. He is too!!! just wanted to update you loving caring people! And am I doint this right? The things I'm giving him? Also, am i doing it right to keep writing on this same post, or do I start a new one for each day or every other day? Please let me know. I have been through all posts or atleast A LOT OF THEM! And I'm writing more & more of things I can purchase for him. Have to say, this has been a costly detox! lol! But like i said, whatever it takes, i will do for him. Please keep in touch and please keep posting to me, I really need the support and advice. THNX TO ALL!!!
youre doing great taking care of him. I just want this post to go to the top so everyone can respond to you.
Thank you so much! I appreciate your help with this! Like i said, new to this whole "forum" thing, and posting, etc... I appreciate your help and encouragement! Thnx!!
You are doing fine posting here, it'll bump it up to the top, so people will see it.  Maybe stick with bananas....fruit can cause loose stool in general, but not bananas.....I'm not sure what fruits you're feeding him....everyone's different....it might be 7 or 8 days.  I hate to say it.  I got clonidine from the ER on day 5 and I saw the light on day 6......I think the Clonidine helped....I don't know if you've seen a doctor or can.  I had no RLS, hot bathes, I should've taken them...I didn't have this site during my peak of withdrawls.....best of luck and wishes, please tell him he will survive and get through this....many of us have done it....
listen about the rls.  i have heard that if you wrap his legs tight with ace bandages that will help with that pesky jumpy leg feeling.
OUt of the flipping woodwork comes Rose......
hey flutter
i've been reading but just not in the mood lately to post.  how are you?  from what i have been seeing you are doing great and i'm am glad to see that.  just a couple of weeks ago you were an emotional mess.  i see you kept strong and sound so much better. how is that hubby?  wink wink...
YOu little stinker.......omg, it's only day 5 of feeling like me again.....I've been a miserable mess.  The hubby needs some love.....I should go to bed..wink wink.  ROse, how are you?  I should really pm you....we're kinda intruding on this woman's post......pm me.
raven...
i have been reading all of this and have to commend both you and your husband.  i am on day 4 (well, night 4) of tapering off of vicodin.. and i do not feel great. i cannot imagine ct how your husband is feeling.  you are also an incredible person for having the strength to do what you are doing for him... i finally told my fiance last week about my 2+ year addiction to opiates and his strenght, unconditional support and LISTENING has given me so much strength to get through this.  i know, for me... there is still such an uphill battle.  this is just the beginning.  but i know i can do this with his support.... i am sure your husband feels this way for you.  you are going through this with him...  
AND, my doctor gave me a prescription for Clonipine and said it will be very helpful with withdrawl (withdrawal).  he was also an addict and swears by it.  i have asked some other people on this site about it and they have said it is great.  is there a way to get to a doctor for that to help?  
anyway, my thoughts are with you and your family and seeing both of your strength is also helping me.  this site is incredible. i have never encountered such wonderful, caring, unselfish people.
it is so clear you will both get through this.
mak
I will try the ace bandages, because the heating pads i bought, he said made it worst. I have given him a mixed fruit bowl, he said this morning that he really felt like he needed the mixed fruit with the juices from it, because he was thirsty for that, and he felt like it was light enough that it wouldn't hurt his stomach. the mixed fruit was like, watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, grapes. I have the bananas but he ate 2 and said NO MORE! He couldnt look at another banana! He says once he's well, he will probably never again eat anything that he's tried to eat now because he is so sick to his stomach! As far as clonopine, he just won't take any other drug, by the way maybe i'm not sure, is that a drug you could get addicted to? I will tell him,and maybe if things dont start looking up, he will consider this option, right now, he said he won't take anything else at all, i told him about the tapering, the subutex, suboxine, (is that the same?) but he said no. He is doing this ct, and he will fight his way through. Today was rough, his legs were worst than ever, and he kept getting up & down, shaking his legs, saying omg i cant handle it, i cant handle it, wtf, its the worst he said, the aching and throbbing all through the legs, theres no reprieve he says, no letting up at all! Again with no sleep, or very little bouts here & there, maybe 15 min. if any. But he's sleeping right now, I'm trying to be so quiet! Then earlier he says, its freezing in here, why is it so damn cold? As i'm sweating my butt off, cause i had to turn the a/c & fans off! It was so stuffy & hot! But like i said, whatever he needs. I'm just trying to push the liquids and some bland food, maybe toast but he cant do it. He's trying so hard to not go to the bathroom, so the food can atleast get down his system & break down to stay in for awhile. Its day 5 and we were both hoping that by today he would feel a little better. I told him, that different people on here say for them it's been different days, but they HAVE felt better, and nobody I have read so far, felt as horrible on day 10 as they did on day 1, or 2!! That put a smile on his face!! I will stand by his side, and do whatever i can to help him through this. I feel he his so courageous for doing this, for pushing through this no matter how bad it's getting. As I feel for all here that are going through this, and deciding to do it no matter what! It takes a real special person to be strong and fight their way back, and i hold them in the highest regard. From what i am experiencing with my husb you have to be mentally & physically strong to push your way through this absolute misery, pain & suffering and be so strong to not pick up something that you know would take the pain away in an instant! To me you are all heroes and survivors and deserve so much the highest medal out there!  I just worry about all these different things Im giving him, dont know if its to much, in the right combo, not enough,,, ugh-I am so tired right now! I have been up & down with him all night, up early and all day, &  3 kids, and a full time job, its a tad draining! but i know no where near what he is going through, so i dont mind at all. Hell it's the least i can do, after all he's going through. Thnx to your posts, it helps me and him also, ALOT! Mak17, keep in touch and let me know how your getting through if you can, i know in  no way shape or form, could my husband even dream about getting on the computer right now. Its a struggle for him to get up out of bed, to get up out of the bath, he is so out of it with lack of sleep, and he is extremely weak. thnx for the posts, sorry- i'm nodding off myself while im writing this! guess my exhaustion is kicking in! I should probably go to sleep while my husband is catching a little.
tomorrow is the day for you and yours raven.. just get throught this night and it will let up tomorrow, just you wait.
Clonidine is not addictive-it is a blood pressure med used during withdrawls.....Klonopine is a benzo-anti anxiety and is addictive and abused, CAN be used for rest.  I recommend the Clonidine-it helps, doesn't cause any high whatsoever..,
Hi....

I understand what your hub is going through.  2 years ago I went cy with a 5 day break from work. On day 6 going back to work, I was no way ready for that.  Each day will get him closer but remember his committment to staying off...as the days, weeks progress, his mind may play tricks with him.  

I'm 48 days clean today off a patch/perc habit after tapering this time.  Everyone is right on about fluids, hot baths (I took hot showers) and exercise.  Exercise is what saved me...I think it released natural endophins that provided a natural high :-)...cardio helped sweat everything out.

Your hub is lucky to have you,,,,you guys can get through this...

Nick
just thought i would bump this one hoping we could get an update on your hubby raven.  thinking about you and hoping day 6 is better for you guys.  it's all good from here on out.  the worst is over and now will only get better.  you have done such a wonderful thing for this man you so obviously adore.  i have never been so convinced that he will get this thing off his back and never go back.  will power is tremendous from what you have said.  and how about you get any sleep last night.  you need  a mini vacation when things calm down for hubby.  you deserve it!!
Ok-Day 6, We have already done the hot baths, he has taken pepto, all the vitamins, excedrin, he was moving all around up & down all night first thing this morning, up very early, hasn't been back to sleep at all. He tried to eat some plain toast, didnt do so good, he hated it, and then he ate an orange and he really didnt care for it, but he wants the mixed fruit again, so i am getting ready to go get it. Somebody said the fruit might not be so good on his stomach. Does anybody know what fruit he shouldn't be eating?  Don't get me wrong, every day he says is better than the one before, but so far today, day 6, he just keeps saying OMG, OMG, this is terrible, he moves all over up & down back & forth. He is starting to get a little "angry", his emotions are all over the place. He said he actually teared up watching the video countdown this morning! I read also, that that will happen with the emotions. He said to me earlier, "ive got this, i can do this, ive got it done" of course as he is dying with the RLS.  He did mention that he threw up, and it was all vitaminy?! YUCK!! Are we doing to much? Is the combo right? He's taking everything I have gotten, he says its doing nothing to help but hes taking it anyway. Oh and i gave him the 5htp too. So, please somebody tell us what to take!
My opinion, the fruit is fine. When my sister detoxed thats all she wanted to eat was fruit.  I believe you should stop the L-tyrosine and 5htp , I think these 2 are to be taken after he starts sleeping good and the RLS goes away.  Hopefully someone will come on that is certain of this.  If all the vitamins are making him sick , i would stop them for now and maybe try a Boost drink (they are loaded with vitamins). Hopefully tonight he will sleep.  Hang in there you 2.  
Hi- First of all I want to commend you for what you are doing. You are doing such a great job of taking care of your guy. He is being brave stopping the habit, breaking the cycle.

I cannot speak very much about the supplements. I am just learning (mainly from this site) about that.

I am two months clean. I wish that I would have documented my exact quit date as the last two months have been a blur for me.

I can speak about clondine. I am an opiate addict with an 8 year (on and off habit). I am also a chronic pain patient. My need for the pills was and is legit. But the drugs were stonger than me. Now I am clean. I have a pain doc. He scripted me to clondine. It works. It does not stop the rls but it can help to calm it. Clondine is not narcotic. I understand why he does not want to use another drug to come down off the other drug drug.

But for me it made such a difference- as I have tried to quit before and failed over and over again. This time with clondine it was better and I am clean. I worked while in wd- the entire time. I would not want to try to work doing cold turkey. I have but it sucks.

I have done this both ways. I was previously on morphine. I did wd cold turkey. It was tough. I am thankful that I was not working at the time.

I guess if he refuses any medical assistance then he will (and already is) riding it out, It will pass it just takes time.

Hot baths were wonderful for me. I was freezing and sweating at the same time w/ no clondine. I also was not too into any food. I would stick with things that are easy on the stomach. Hydrate-hydrate-hydrate.

As soon as you can get him up and walking. My hubby made me go to the gym. At the time I knew it was for the best so I went. I just rode stationary bike slowly. I also went for walks when I was very weak and wobbly. Still- I felt like the exercise helped some.

The RLS and the skin crawling is usually what drives me crazy. There is a product that I bought from a drug store as I still have rls. It is called Hyland's Restful Legs. I am taking this now. It is homeopathic. I am not sure that if he is that bad that this will work for the rls right now. However- maybe in the future if he still has it two months down the road. hang in there.
Your hubby is so lucky to have you supporting him thru this...he should be turning the corner soon..
.since he's having so much trouble w/ the runs.....
try the BRAT diet..  Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast
that might help!!
You guys are so amazing! I just want to tell you, my husband is always asking me questions and i come on here, and I look and i post, and he doesn't know i have posted about him, well today, i told him. He COULD NOT BELIEVE the support, he said you told them about me? These things are for ME? I said yep! And he teared all up! I told you, now he's in this emotion stage, everything is very sensitive to him! He just couldnt believe that you were writing me, and i you, about him! He did ask me to ask you about the xanax, he took 2 1/2 bars (2mgs each) and maybe got about an 1 1/2 sleep, but he's trying to not take any throughout the whole day, and just at night because he knows this is habit forming, but he's going CRAZY w/no SLEEP! I am going now to get the fruit for him, that's all he wants. So, I will continue to let you all know how he's doing. He says maybe in a month or so, he will go to the dr. and ask about the  clonopine you talked about.  I have to go get him the fruit, he's calling. I will come back & let you know more. Thnx guys as always!
Thanks for updating. Yeah he is going to get emotional for awhile. I am still like that. Plus I just care about people and some of the stories I am reading about are sad. There is also alot of happiness here. I love that. I love the sucess stories!

I think that you two will be a sucess story. Let's keep it positive. Please do update and keep coming back. I will do my best to answer anything for you. You can PM me with questions or if you just need support. :)
If he could get the clonodine now it would help . He really shouldn't need it in a month.  The sleep should come soon. It won't be much at first, but will better gradually.  
do you have a health food store in your town ?I know they carry the calming stuff along with the emergency packets you mix with water .
The klonopine is dangerous for addicts from my own experience. I would imagine to detox is good, but as a long term thing? I wouldn't. The emotional part is normal I go through that all these daggone lumps keep catching in my throat. It gets hard to talk about anything of any depth here I just leave when that stuff comes up around me. I guess I gotta lot of emotions and things that I have not dealt with in the last five years. That stuff just kinda dulls ya senses.
I would keep an eye on his blood pressure. Cold turkey is hard on your heart.
Hi everyone.  My husband and I were laying down, he had just got out of the hot bath, I fell asleep, for about 30 min. (i'm so damn tired, you wouldnt believe it, i know i have no right at all to feel sorry for myself, but wow, this is hard! I'm taking care of 3 kids, going to work, taking care of him when i get home in the evenings, all weekend long, and i'm so tired) anyway, it wasnt restful anyway, because omg, he was shaking and moving and the SNEEZING! The sneezing uncontrollably, its hurting him! He was up & down, just moaning & groaning!  I massaged his legs with this electric massager thingy we have, then he did it while i was trying to sleep, which I know he was trying so hard not to wake me up, then he wanted to get in a hot bath. So i got up and he went in and took a hot bath, and i guess i was a little pissy. I sure dont mean to be at all! I know this isnt easy, watching him go through this is heartbreaking at the least, but i found myself feeling like, SHUT UP ALREADY AND SIT STILL! I'm terrible i know! I said i would do anything and i meant it, I have so many things to do to get the kids ready for school tomorrow, and i guess i'm just so damn tired! I was up late all week long, up very early, then this weekend, up all night, up early, and its just a viscious cycle that I cant get any rest! How much good am i going to be for him, and for my kids, if i am walking around like a zombie?  To answer somebodys post above, i do have a gnc or a health food store, first my husband said not to buy anything extra after ALL the stuff I have already bought, but tomorrow on my lunch hour (oh yeah, i dont even take lunch at work, thats a whole other story i could go on & on about, you wouldnt believe how stressful my professional life is right now, so i'm working straight through lunch) but i will go at lunch to a place thats closer to my job, and get the stuff above, the calmag to hopefully help his rls, at this point i dont think he would care he is THAT MISERABLE. I hear him now in the living room, playing guitar hero with our 10 yr old son, & 6 yr old daughter!! GOOD SIGN RIGHT!? I dont know about the clonodine, but i will ask him to talk to the dr. about it, can it be called in? I know our dr. would call it in if it can be. I also know his emotions, WOW! He is so emotional right now. He is depressed knowing we will all be gone tomorrow at work/school and he will be alone going through this, but i'm hoping tomorrow, day 7 will be much better.  I will keep you posted as we continue this journey, and please keep the responses coming it means so much to both of us!!!  I know he will kick this, his mind says absolutely no doubt, and i dont doubt for a minute that he will!
LOL Raven...bless your heart...you poor thing...YOU need to start taking care of yourself....he will survive and you're right..you will be no good for anyone if you continue on like this. Maybe one of you sleep on the couch tonight...hehe

He's playing guitar hero??? I'd say yes...he's starting to come around...i think if he keeps his mind occupied..it helps keep it off the wds.
It is very normal for him to be going thru all the emotional stuff right now...god, i hated that...all of  a sudden i would   burst out crying and my kids would look at me and say.."mom, are you alright?"  LOL

So...take care ...be good to you...you desrve a lil' break here, girlfriend!!! :D

Keep posting....
No kidding bless your heart. I never got the attention that you give your hubby when I was in wd. :) You are a Saint and a trooper! Please take care of yourself and I hate to say it agin (I feel like a drug pusher)... but the clondine will help so much. If your doc is cool he may call it in for him.

If he is up and about this is a very good sign.

Please keeo in touch and let us know how you are doing.
Ditto about getting doctor to phone in some Clonodine.  It really will help.
all I can say is W O W !  
and will you please come hang with me while I detox? :)
You are a saint! I hope he doesnt ever go back to using again. It is so hard on the family and not worth having to go through that again. Stay positive and God bless you both!
I just needed to tell you guys, that my husband is struggling very hard with the RLS. Its now 10:00pm, and he is ready to run his face through the wall. His exact words. He's snapping at me, when i ask him what i can get him, some toast, a bagel w/just a little butter or plain, he's yelling at me. I know it's not him, i know he's angry because of the legs, so i dont take it personally. Right now of course, I cant go get anything for him. What can i give him to help him that I may have? He's taken 4 excedrin migraines, 4 advil, some pepto because his stomach is in knots. he ate some more fruit, OH YEAH, forgot to tell you all, the SMELLS! OMG! The smells he says are UNBELIEVABLE! He cant deal with the smells. Everything he says smells rancid, which is pissing him off, and upsetting his stomach! No matter how fresh the sheets are, or if i spray lysol or light candles, or any food smell, its all to him, HORRIFIC! He could barely get the fruit down, the taste was bad he said, & the smell worst! Oh & me, he says he smells lavender on me, and its making him sick, "no offense"! Lol.  And we aren't mixing the 5HTP, & LTyrosine I heard you cant do that. Just the 5HTP & B12 alone. Can I give him more of that for the RLS? He's actually moved the treadmill in our bedroom, & hes gotten on it, then walks a little then falls on the bed, about to cry. He We've done the hot baths tonight as well. Is it just that he will need to try & get through it? or is there something else i can give him? I will try & push some more banana's even though I know he will balk at the idea of them. He's already pushing the gatoraide which he hates.  On that note, please tell me, what can I do, what can he do, for the RLS, I know you have all been so wonderful in talking to me & telling me the things, but he just walked out right now and said he is going to take a hot bath, and take 2 1/2 zanax, & just try and get some sleep. I guess thats all we can do tonight, until tomorrow when I get to the GNC. Could you tell me again, what i need from there for his RLS?  He just says, its getting worst, man, its getting worst, i'm going crazy, i cant handle the legs. the constant aches & pains in the legs, i cant handle it.  This is some crazy sh***!!!  you all are great for continuing to help us, for continuing to read these long a** posts I write to you all, thanks just for listening I know i write these books, and i know ppl are like, good lord, he she goes again!!! Thnx for being there again for me, and for my husband, it means so much to us, I know i have said that, but i will continue to say it.
gosh i hate to hear this..The RLS is a terrible thing..i had it real bad...For me the heating pads helped, and hot baths.....As far as medicines, to me if he would take the clonodine it would help that...Tell him it is not addicting...
I know you know not to take what he says to heart but i know it hurts..I promise he doesn't mean it towards you...It will just take time..i know for me i didn't want to talk to anyone much, and just wanted to be alone...i know that you want to help him, and i am sure he knows this, but when you are hurting, everything seems to upset us...
I am so sorry he is hurting and so are you!
but we are hear to listen..
hang in there
r2r
I understand, and I know your right. Earlier i was trying to rub his head, & he's like, PLEASE DONT TOUCH ME! Then he kinda touched my hand, and said im sorry, its not you, its just everything is bothering me. I also know when i have been sick, with the flu or colds, i have felt the exact same way! I appreciate you all for being here to let me vent, and explain every little thing we are going through. i know like i said b4, i continue to write these "books" and appreciate you all taking the time to read them, i know they are long! He's getting into the hot bath now, and then like i said he will take 2 1/2 xanaxs and maybe try & sleep for a couple hours. I wrote down the highlands rls stuff, i will look for, & also the calmag. Thnx to you and all for being here for me, i will always need you all, i feel such a bond with everyone here, and i think my husband, as much of a private person that he is, (thats why i didnt want to really tell him i posted about his situation, i was afraid he would freak out, the whole privacy thing, & not knowing if ppl will know you really are, etc...) but i think he will post something when feeling a little more up to it. Thnx again to all, i feel a real bond with all of you, and i will continue to post and please do the same. Working in to day 7, please keep your fingers crossed that it will be a better day!!!!
Hyland's Restful Legs helped me some, put 3 under your tongue.  Get them at any drug store/Walmart
don't forget the ace bandages.  they will not solve the problem but it will back off long enough for him to get some sleep.  wrap them as tight as you can all the way up and down without cutting off the circulation.  at least then he can get some sleep and the bananas are what he needs.  the smells are so true. especially anything that is supposed to smell good.  pefumey stuff actually hurts the inside of your sinuses.  clonodine is a blood pressure medication and will help specifically with RLS.  call the dr. yourself so you can have it on hand when he finally gives in.  he will as he is really getting down at this point.  this is when he needs to surrender and listen to people who know what to do.  put your foot down and make him do something to help himself as this is affecting you as well and at this point it is the least he can do.  all he has to do is try it once to see if it  helps him.  by the way i don't know this personally but i have read many times people saying that xanex contributes to RLS.  i really can't understand why he will take xanex but not the clonodine.  ask him that will you?  xanex has a much higher risk of abuse and addiction.  i have never heard of someone abusing or addicted to blood pressure pills.  good luck you really are an angel and he better take a deep breath and open his ears even if it is for just five minutes.
pleeease  keep writing everything. this is helping more people than you realize.

thanks
Hello there....  I have been following this thread from the beginning but have yet to reply....  I truely sympathize with your situation and for your husband.  I also sympathize with you.  YOU ARE A TROOPER!  I only have a few comments and I'll try to make them brief.

First of all.... you do not know how refreshing it is to read a thread like this where someone's spouse is as supportive as you are and have been for your husband.  Fortunately for me my wife is a trooper as well.  :)  I hate reading threads where an individuals spouse or partner "gives up" because they "cant take it" or because they are mad that they got into this situation and then abandon the relationship.  There are certain events that really stress a relationship and I believe that detox is one of them.  Anyway....  Many, many kudos to you for sticking with him.  That really puts a smile on my face.  

Second...  There is absolutely no way to completely alleviate all of his withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms with supplements, fluids, fruit, etc...  From what I have read you are and have done all that you can to help.  Think of it this way....  If you were to NOT have tried the supplements, hot baths, gatorade, and all of that can you imagine the shape he would be in right now?  You don't want too.....  In my opinion you have done everything you can to alleviate the symptoms.

Plain and simple....  The best medicine for this detox process is TIME.  Yes, the supplements / vitamins help.... yes, the fluids help... yes the hot baths help but there is a point in this process where there is a line drawn in the sand and in my humble opinion your husband is standing at that line.  You have tried everything outside of "maintenance drugs" such as suboxone and methadone.  (Thank God you didn't go the meth route).  He's so far into this process.... His day of relief is right around the corner.  So many people fail at this point or earlier in the process.  HE'S DOING GREAT believe it or not.  

Final thought....  YOU ROCK!  Since you relay this information to him you'd better make sure that we told him that without you he would be in a real world of hurt (worse than he is right now).  I sure hope he appreciates you and what you've done for him because unless he's been through this before he has NO IDEA what you have done for him and I'm not just talking physically.  You have helped him mentally in equal proportions.  Hang in there ok!  He will be a different person soon....  He will be happy... he will laugh.... he will get his energy back and in the end this whole process will probably bring the two of you closer than before.  I'll quit now....  

Trout
DAY 7 WORST THAN ANY OTHER DAY!!!  So, first let me say thank you to all who have responded to this! I can't tell you what it means to me, and my husband, to keep going, the encouragement is unbelievable, and so truly appreciated! I walked in the door from work, and he was in TEARS! WORST DAY YET!! I didn't even have time to come on here, to ask what to do about his stomach, b4 I'm driviing 90mph down the road to walgreens to purchase EXLAX! Oh, and on my way home, b4 getting my daughter from day care, I stopped at GNC, which did not have that Highlands RLS, but had a "natural" muscle relaxer, the guy said that would work, also purchased the Detox thingy that totally cleanses his entire system. Also, stopped & got more gatoraide.  Ok- first of all- he took one sip of that stuff, and about threw up, Cant do it! Not even close! He was in tears telling me how badly his stomach hurts, he's doubled over in pain- he has taken all the immodium all the pepto, we have, on top of that, don't forget he's taking vitamins, etc.... so he now feels that all of that, he's went & got himself constipated.  I said, let me go online & talk to my friends, and see what they say, he said-Please I cant, I need something now, to relieve the pressure, please please get me something like exlax! I said do you have any idea how the cramping from taking that is going to hurt, then BOOM, your going to be going so bad its going to hurt worst than you are hurting now???? He said, I DONT CARE!! PLEASE, I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BURNT A** THEN FEEL THIS WAY!!! (sorry, just telling you EVERYTHING HE SAID!!) THERE I GO, 90MPH, about running some red lights, to get to the store to get it!  I asked him about the RLS, he said he thinks his stomach hurts so bad its taking the pain from the leg thingy. Not to mention that GNC didnt have anything anyway, but maybe the muscle relaxer stuff will help!  I know i'm all over the place, sorry- bare with me. He ate just fruit today also, not alot but enough I guess.  Oh, so back to the walgreens issue, (again, please bare with me here, got kids breathing down my neck right now!!) I go and get the exlax then i go ahead & get some Milk of Magnesia, only because it says it will work within 1/2 hr. to i think 6 hrs. and the exlax works in 6-12 hrs., and i bought some more pepto which he will need i believe after he winds up with the diarrhea. You may be saying, how could he drink that, & not the detox cleansing stuff, let me tell you, it was HARD! He almost puked all over!! But he kept it down.  Day 7 guys, whats up?  He feels like if he could just "release" and the rls, are gone- maybe just maybe, he's seen the worst, so maybe all that vitamins, and sleep aid, and pepto, immodium, guess we totally over did it huh?? As far as why would he take the xanax & not the clonopin, we didn't know until somebody told us yesterday, it was a blood pressure med, I will call tomorrow & see if I can get it. He is trying to wein down on the xanax seeing as he's taking enough to put out a friggin horse, but getting maybe if he's lucky 45 min. of sleep!!!  I was SOOOOO NOT WANTING TO GET UP THIS MORNING EITHER! He just kept apologizing and saying soon, soon I will be able to help you, just hang in there with me. When I got home, & He was crying- he said through tears, "Im not going to give in, I am going to get through this, but damn, its so hard, it hurts so bad"!! He says, you have no idea how bad i am hurting- its the worst day i have had. 1 last thing-he got up & showered,& shaved, and thought if he could make himself do this, he would feel better, but no such luck yet.  Please post, I need you guys, and he needs you guys more now than ever!! Thnx to all, and to lotsatrout, thank you for the kind words, from all of you, i cant tell you what it means to me!!!  
All I can say is for yall to hang tough!  He should start feeling tomorrow, I kinda thought he would be some better on day7.  It like sounds yall are doing all the right stuff, just keep it up.  It will be soooo worth it when he comes out on the otherside of this mess.

Yall are both in my prayers
hang in there.  i do think you are right about the too much over the counter stuff but you should be able to stop most of that now.  did you hear what he said?  if he could release he would make it.  that is huge.  that shows that he is getting better.  it might not be good but it is better.  i really hope you get some relief soon and him to cause you guys sound like such a great loving couple and we all know the world needs more of those.  if you go back and look at your postings (like you have the time right now) i mean later you will see how much he has improved.  showered shaved said he could make it.  it really is going to be better now...you are just in a little crisis right now.  the stomache thing should correct itself pretty quickly and then he can relax a bit.  really call the dr. tomorrow and you will see how much better it's going to be.  now that he is through the worst of it and he is really even though he feels abnormal the clon will really work well.  hang in there you are doing great.  i really don't know how you have managed with everything on your plate but you have and done so well.  he even said hold on a little longer and he would be there to help you.  that is really good.  he is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  3 days ago he would not have said that right?
he is one lucky guy and from reading your posts i bet you this is a guy who will have no relapse problems........
I usually try & read my post after i have written it, just to make sure it doesnt sound all crazy, but the one i posted when i got home tonight, didnt even read just sent!!! I appreciate the support, immensely. He will not go back, i can bet my life on it! Not after all this! We were just talking right now, as a matter of fact, and he was telling me about how he feels, and how the smells, and the bad stomachache, and how horrible it is. And that last night, he went to sleep a little and he woke up about 3am i guess, & he said he put his hands on me, just to feel i was there, and he said, I love you, and then he said he had to pull away, because he just cant stand it. he cant stand to be touched, or to touch anyone, and our little dog lays at the end of our bed, & usually she needs to be by you, and she does that, and he says, get away, & she knows it, & gets away! He says every sense is so hightened it's not even funny. And he was telling me how grateful he was for all of my support, and putting up with him, & doing everything, and that he would tell me more when he could actually talk, because right now he's not up to talking or anybody even talking to him!! Thats when he said he wanted to just run his face through the wall! He did say, that it took everything he had to get up today, & get in the shower, and he laid in there, for a little bit, but he has nothing to grab ahold of when he got up & almost fell out the dang door! But he was able to somewhat shave, & really shower good, then he got out, and fell onto the bed. But he said its an exhausted feeling, but not an exhausted as i can just lay and sleep, its a restless exhaustion! He did tell me, he made it outside, he took a chair and went outside, he said he could see every single bug, ant, everything so clearly it freaked him out! Then the sun came out, and he couldnt take it anymore, so he went in. He is trying so hard to get some umph in him! He is just in tears, about how today was worst than any other, oh & the rls is back. He looked at me, and said- it will get better by the time I go to my new job right? I wont feel like this in another 7 days right? I'm like, honey you are getting better everyday! You are going to be so so so much better in 7 more days! That made him feel good. I SURE HOPE SO! GOSH, I HOPE SO! Anyway, he is waiting another hour or so, & he's going to get in the hot bath, take some xanax & try & get some sleep tonight. I will keep on posting, and let you all know how he is doing!! Thnx again, for the support, it makes a BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY SANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
the painful part is going to get better pretty quick but the low energy thing will be around for awhile.  that is what he is describing when he says he has to fall on the bed and is exhausted.  it feels like you have no will to move but you have to.  i hope you get a better idea from talking to us since it is hard for him to express it all.  he is going to and is flooded by emotion right now and that is why it is hard for him.  if he lets the dam crack it will all flood out and like a true man he is doing everything he can to not lose the control of it all.  very normal so don't be to worried about that part of it.  you have to rememeber the drugs were controlling his brain for so long and now all those things up there have to start functioning again on their own with no help from the meds.  don't forget the energy thing........he really needs to get out for a walk.  it is time!!!  it will be hard but i am telling you it will help with the rls as well as sleep.  15 minute walk and then a hot bath or shower and then to bed.  try it just once and convince him it will not kill him.  then when he sleeps for awhile afterwards and realizes it works he will continue.  day 7......it is time to get moving.  you have to start getting his juices flowing so his body can heal itself now.  please just try it once.  good luck i know if it was up to you, you would run a marathon for him.  
Just curious as I have never had rls...but I know that when heat does not work...ice often does...might be worth a try for 20 minutes with ice packs..ice delivers a deep penetrating heat...weird but true...wont hurt...who knows...ice works well for spasms in my back
Hi I hope you both are getting a little sleep tonight. What I was concerned about is the xanax he is taking. Because I went through weeks of w/d before I had my dr call in a script for 2 mg xanax. I didnt know what I had done to myself again until the script was gone. I went through hell again!!!!! From xanax w/ds! I know he needs sleep but 2 bars is alot of medicine at once. I know you said hes cutting down on them but I just wanted to warn you. Even a couple days of taking them can cause w/ds from them. Hopefully you can get the clonadine for his blood pressure and the highlands.
Hi everyone, well it's ohhh what time 10:55pm?, and i'm soooooooooo exhausted! Boy, i sure could fall out on the bed & have no problem passing out! 6:15am comes way to early for me! Especially since i'm more a night person- and soooooooo not a morning person! But i have managed to run all over creation after work, get home, read this wonderful forum, post on this wonderful forum, do 3 loads of laundry, cook dinner (ok, not cook, dont let me get all carried away, heat up leftovers!! ) for my 3 kids. husband ate a little, he felt like he needed something in him, to help maybe "release"., i'm hoping the phillips milk of magnesia will kick in soon, cause it sure hasn't yet! got kids all showered, snacks, & down to bed, kids clothes all ready for the morning, homework done/signed pw, and myself all showered, and now i'm waiting for my husband to "release" or thats what he's waiting for, then he wants to get in the hot bath, he says he is able to (sorry, for being so graphic, dont you just love it!) release a little each time, but he's really hoping to let loose soon! i'm writing this, and then going to bed! Last night didn't get to bed until after midnight, not a happy camper with this time change this morning! hubby did ask if i have read on here, that everybody is saying he can't feel like this forever, he will start feeling better tomorrow right? tell him what everybody has said, and the worst should be over soon, or is over, just the stomach part which shouldnt last much longer. I know he knows about the xanax, so hes trying to taper it down, he's just so miserable that he wants to do whatever he has to to get some sleep. He wants to walk, thats why we brought the treadmill in the bedroom, he does get on it, but he's got no energy and its so hard for him. I will do what you suggested above, about the walking then getting in the hot bath/shower, then try & sleep. I'm trying to give him just the melatonin, now i'm scared to death to give him any vitamins, and i think he is too. I have to say, that even though i know he has cried, and said how horrible he feels and how today is worst than any day yet, but i really feel like he's turning a corner. He is definately not as bad as that 2nd day, but i say that now, and i will be telling you tomorrow how i came home, and it was a horrible day again,. I mean we know everyday is different and things change, and he will be up/down, but we're hoping that soon, he will feel ok with the stomach/rls, hot/cold, sneezing, he said the same thing as the post above about the mind, and it being so numbed from taking all the meds, and now every part of his brain is like being "awakened", and ever sense is amazingly sensitive. I feel like he's talking a little more, moving around a little more, with not as much help, i know the emotions are all over the place, the depression is up/down, but he's really fighting through it, his hardest, and we will do whatever we have to, i will to make him as comfortable as i possibly can, w/out hurting him, like i seem to have done, when giving him all those otc drugs!!!  So, I will close with letting you know, tomorrow is day 8, and its going to be a better day all the way around, I just FEEL IT!!!  Oh & we'll try the ice packs!!! Thnx to all, & please have a great evening!!! Talk to you tomorrow!
geez, woman...you wore me out just reading your post...you are going like a speed demon..you've done more in the last day than i've prol' done in a week!!!

Tell him the wds should start to subside...i still have rls..i had it before the drugs...and it is bad...i went to cvs yesterday and they didn't have any of that hylands leg stuff...i was bummed..i just keep exercising and doing the hot baths...i don' t know what helps...as someone     else said ...i don;t think there is total relief....

hang in there...this will get better for you, too!!! YOU are an angel!!!    <3 HUGS!!!
You are a hell of a WOMAN, you remind me of my wife!  You are 1 in a million!! Don't forget that.....Ever!!

You are doing GREAT work!

GL,

C
Ok- what are we on day 8 now?  I am just home from work, and I asked him how he was feeling and he said well, his stomach is churning still, and his legs still hurt, but he feels like he's about 75% better than yesterday! He actually ate 2 sandwiches, so his appetite he thinks may be coming back a little. Although everytime, I give him something to eat, cause he says he's hungry, I get him something, and he smells it, about gets sick, tries to eat it, then is like NO WAY! Can't do it, but tonight he says he's hungy & he really would like to try & eat something more substantial than fruit! The sandwiches he was able to keep down, well from vomiting anyway!! lol.  He's talking ALOT MORE than usual too! He had me up 3X in the middle of the night, just talken away! I finally had to say, honey- I really need to get some sleep, i have to get up very early!! Then he would apologize, and say- I'm sorry honey- Then the minute he heard me moving around, or turning, or anything- He started up a conversation again!! SILLY MAN! So, I feel like he's definately getting better. He actually called me at work today, he's had the phone right next to him, but hasn't been able to use it, because he has no strength and does not want to talk, and today he was able to call me! Keep your fingers crossed that we are on the road to recovery!!! I will continue to post just like always! He has had some pepto, some ibuprofen, and some excedrin for the stomach and legs.  He says he's a little spaced out, i'm sure that has to do with the xanax.  But he's hungry, and I'm going to see what I can get him to eat!!   COULD THIS BE IT?? COULD HE BE GETTING BETTER? COULD THE LIGHT BE SHINING AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL???  OH PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!! And thank you, for your kind thoughts and words, it really keeps me going let me tell you!!!
HOORAY!  He is turning the corner...you were great...wish i woulda had u around during my WDs..lol
Wow, his w/ds were really bad. Everyone is different it seems going through it cuz some people get ill for 3 or 4 days and thats it. But he was taking some very strong meds. Im so happy for you and him cuz the w/d's are subsiding. This post is so very informative because everyone can refer back to it to see what they might experience. Its bad, for sure, but the proof is here, that is does get better. I hope youre not mad at me for saying something about the xanax. I will never forget going through the horrible opiate w/d's and then going through xanax w/d's. I wanted to kill myself...or cut my head off. Youre a great person.
Yes, his w/d's are terrible! He actually ate some pizza and of course everything tastes terrible, smells terrible, and he is now complaining about his stomach still hurting, and how there is just no reprieve he says, absolutely NONE! No reprieve from the rls, no reprieve from the stomach aches, the diarrhea, the headaches, none! So thats why he's so exhausted but not, know what i mean??!  He keeps saying, he has no energy, i tell him about the exercise, but he's like, i try & get up and do something, anything, and for about 3min. i'm ok, then all of a sudden, i can't do anymore, i have no energy! I agree about the xanax, and so does my husband. He was already taking it at night to sleep b4 the w/d's, and he's trying to wein down, but he says that he gets so upset and tired and he just can't take it, that he takes the xanax but only at bed time, he makes a schedule and wont take any all day, then he will wait until as late as he can take it at night, so he can take his bath, take that, & try and get some sleep!  And why he keeps taking it, i dont know because like you said, and he just said last night, that he doesnt want to have to go through w/d's off of that. His emotions are still all over the place, anger, sadness, crying, all over the place, it's so sad and i hate that he is going through this. I HOPE IT GETS BETTER TOMORROW! Each day from today forward hopefully will get better. He just got out of the hot bath, and he's laying down, but he's going back & forth shaking, what vitamins should i give him now? Anybody have a schedule of stuff I can start putting him on? We have the multi-vitamin, the melatonin, the 5HTP, this stuff I got at GNC gamma or gabba I think? Supposed to be a natural muscle relaxer for the legs, He definately wont drink that detox stuff i got! What else do we have???B12, B6 hmmm... A slew of bottles right by his bed! So if anybody can tell me what i can give him, that might help him from here on out I would be greatly appreciative!! Thnx to all as usual, you really are my strength right now! You are all so amazing I have to tell you!  I will keep you informed of my husbands status as i said, DAY 8 almost over!!! YIPPEE!!! :)
Sorry, I keep talking & talking, now i sound like my husband huh??!! He wanted me to tell you guys that he feels, like with all the drugs he was putting in his system, for all that period of time, that he feels it numbed every sense in his entire physical & mental being, and now that he's completely off of it, every sense is "awakened", & heightened, it's almost like, it's too much, you know? Like every smell, touch is way way way to much, that he can't take it. He wants to know from you guys, is that how you feel? or felt? and does that sound about right?  He also said to tell everybody thank you so much for the support and advice, for me and for him, He says he thinks he will get on here once he's feeling up to it, and post something to you all. And thats BIG for my husband, he is a very private person so trust me it is a big deal for him to do this!!  He also said, he really is big into the whole mind over matter thing, I believe i told you that b4, he also knows that mind over matter when your going through this horrible of w/d's is extremely hard, just like one of the posts above said, when your sweating through towels, and clothes, etc....its hard to think mind over matter! He is very strong willed, and once he puts his mind to it, he can do anything. So when i tell him that i read other posts about users and w/ds off of oxy, and they say day 17 & still cant sleep, or still have no energy, he is very quick to just believe more & more in his mind, no way will that be him. He WILL FEEL BETTER and it will NOT linger!! I hope he's not setting himself up for a major let down, but i think he's saying he is just going to keep "willing" his way through. Just wanted to tell you about the senses and the taking the drugs and numbing everything, and now because he's not, its like all his senses are saying, "oh, now you want us to start working again, and feeling like we're supposed to" He says its like he is one big open exposed nerve right now!!! He can't wait until he feels 100%, so he can start being a real father, & husband, and he can start doing things with the kids, every day, instead of sitting in the hole every night!!!  Ok- gotta get a shower, & fold some clothes. Talk to you all tomorrow!!! Thnx again for the support.
OMG i am so happy to hear.  i was waiting all day for an update and i am so glad he is doing better.  might not feel like it to you but just look back and you will see the difference.  read up on amino acids.  people who are recovering rave about them.  i would just stick to the multi vitamin for now until his tummy is better and then start the amino acids.  just remember to patient cause it will be awhile for him to get his energy back.  and the rls should start to subside a bit not all the way but some of it anyway.  try and get that valium out of there.  that also will contribute to the rls as well as low energy.  i realize he needs to sleep but the melatonin should help with that.  remember that the room must be dark and quiet for that to work.  good luck you guys are doing great!!!  
i am so happy to hear that he is doing a little bit better... and that this experience is opening up some emotions.  i know it is doing the same for me... my fiance is definitely laughing a bit when i start crying watching american idol because the song is "speaking" to me. :)  
but, i think you are incredible.
i am doing ok.... i have my moments of feeling ok but then my moments of feeling absolutely horrible.  i think it is like this becuase i am tapering and it is not completely out of my system yet.  i have also been doing some of the l-tyrosine and it is helping me.  but truly, i am not sleeping and feel like i want to jump out of my skin but have no energy at the same time.  it is the most indescribable, strange feeling i have ever had.  i am sure your husband has felt it times 100.  i do agree the the clonidine is also helpful but i see that it works differently for some people.
i just want you to know you are not alone and that you are doing incredible.  please tell your husband the same.  we will all make it.
mak
Hi everybody! It's day 9!!  Hubby feeling better than yesterday, so far knock on wood, each day is getting better than the day b4!!!! YIPPEEE!!!  He just left to go for a ride in the car, hope he is well enough to do so, he says he NEEDS to get out, and he just wants to put the windows down, and feel the wind! He is going to put gas in the car, and just go as long as he can i guess. He has the phone, so he can call me if he needs me.  He is getting a little freaked out that he starts a new job on Mon. and he won't be feeling up to it. He says he CAN'T FEEL LIKE HE DOES RIGHT NOW! There is no way he can start a new job like this. I have to be honest with everybody out there, he said something last night that freaked me a little- he said- "the only thing that will bring me down, is if I still feel like this come Mon. thats the only thing i can see, that would deter my progress"!  WHAT THE HE** DOES THAT MEAN EXACTLY?? That he will have to take "something"?????? I will kick from here to kingdom come if he even THINKS about it! I swear I will! I asked him, so you want to go through this again huh? You like this feeling, you like how you have felt the past 8 days huh?? He said, hell no- but if i have to just put this on hold until we have the $$ for me to go in to a full on detox facility than I will have to do that, but i can't start a new job like this. So i said, and he agreed- that if he should feel this way, on Monday- he would call & tell them he unfortunately got the flu, and he feels terrible, but that he would come in. We both agree this is not the best route to go- but he CAN NOT turn back! He knows it too! We dont really have the $$$ either for him to stay home any longer, but we'll do whatever we have to, to make it work. I have been working overtime, and plan on going in to work this weekend, so that will be a little more money, that could help out for now. And some things will just have to be late.  I mean, come on- He can't possibly want to turn back, right??? He can't possibly want to battle this, these demons again can he?? Well, I cant and wont. no way!  So, he says his stomach still hurts, but today ate 4 sandwiches, and i bought some more gatoraide, he's going through that like crazy, which is real good.  He is trying not to take the pepto, even though it says for stomache aches, because he feels like this is why he can't "release" as much as he would like to, and he feels like that is why his stomach hurts.He says, he IS taking the vitamins, the B12 for energy, he hasn't had any Xanax since last night, and he still has no energy. He says he did get on the treadmill about 10X, tried making it for 10min. but couldn't. I got home, rubbed his back & legs, and now he's off.  Anyway- just keeping you all updated, on his progress. Things are looking up!!!! Oh real quick- He is having a LOT OF NIGHTMARES!!! Is this normal??  Hang in there, we are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! WITHOUT YOU ALL, I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THROUGH, AND NEITHER WOULD MY HUSBAND! YOU HAVE ALL SAVED HIS LIFE, AND MY SANITY!! PLEASE KEEP POSTING!!! LUV YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!  XXXXXOOOOOO
great news!!!  So glad hes doing better!

The bad news is
"Relapse rates for addictive diseases do not differ significantly from rates for other chronic diseases. Relapse rates for addictive diseases range from 50 percent for resumption of heavy use to 90 percent for a brief lapse."
topcat has been full blown narcotic wd many times. he knows what's going to happen ahead, cus he's been through this so many times before. the emotions you can't help them. every sense is so heightened, because it's been numb for so long. and he can relate to the SMELL...he claims he can smell a woman. TCat says your hubby will be ok by Monday..not 100% but doable. That's an awful pressure to add to your mix right now. We wish you all the best. our thoughts and prayers that everything will just continue on the up and up.  
we're just learning our way around in here and seeing others' posts. hang in there. you've done great!! when this is over, you two should get a sitter and take an evening out, or something. girl, you must be exhausted!! Love to You  
I had horrible nightmares!! I also had horrible visions as I would try to sleep, of demons and evil faces....while I was awake....one was of needles and syringes going through skin-I don't shoot either....it's normal.....he'll be ok...honey, for some reason, we still crave.  I was soooo mad the first time I had a craving after the hell I went through, you have to understand this part of addiction.....it doesn't make sense, but it does.  I don't want to push a drug, I know very little about, but my doctor prescribed me naltrexone the other day to block craving of narcotics, apparently works for alcohol too, if it's unbearable, maybe ask a doctor about it.....????  I don't know alot, but I was told, by the psychiatrist and my drug counselor that it is safe, non addictive, and effective.....just a thought.  He'll be ok soon, be aware of depression....the mind games could follow the physical....just bear with him...you've been so great already....but that was just as hard, in a completely different way...my heart hurt so terrible.  My brain knew better, logically I had no reason to be so so so sullen, but my mind and my heart and soul, weren't connecting.....it's a sad truth....but this too shall pass, ok?  
Thanks guys for the wonderful words of encouragment, as always!! You come through for me everytime! Without fail! And for everybody else, that i have read so far! And you all sure know what your talking about! My husband just got back, not to long ago. He took a long drive, and said he's feeling a little better, but so spaced out. Oh, and his eyes are SOOOOOOOOOOOO DIALATED!!! He went in to the store, to get me a beautiful card, just a heartfelt, "thank you", and what do you say when thank you just isnt enough? And how much he loves me, and thank you for the unconditional love & support!! This man- is incredible, his strength continues to amaze me everyday! He said if he isnt feeling better by Monday, if its still this bad to where he can't work, he said in order not to go "backwards", he will just have to start another job THANK GOD that he can do just a couple weeks later!! Thank you for coming back to your senses! I never worry about the relapse thing with him, i guess because it's just not his nature, or his thing. He got on this stuff, because of a very bad injury to his back, and after awhile of me begging him to go see a dr. well..........this is what we ended up with!! I know he won't EVER go back, not to this ever! SO, sweet dreams, to all my loving, caring wonderful online friends! I will keep you all in thoughts and prayers, and keep pushing ahead!! And Topcat, i was telling my husband about yours, and he said- tell him, i feel like i want to run my face right through the wall, he will know what i'm talking about!!!! Talk with you all later!!
Glad to hear things are progressing....the car ride was prol' jsut what he needed.
I'm glad he has a god outlook for starting the job...and if he's not ready...he'll wait....
ONE DAT AT A TIME!!!!

One thing i have found 7 wks. out...is i still have trouble concentrating.....and recalling words...but my sis's have it too...and they aren't/weren't on drugs...so who knows!!!
Just keep pushing ahead...the card was nice...

tell him to "KEEP HIS EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!!!!"   <3 TO YOU!!!
Please listen for a second.......the man you love has become an addict by no fault of his own.  That being said he has crossed the line of being addicted to a chemical.  Although he may never ever use again there is the possibility he may relapse.  The fact that he said what he said to you last night is proof of the addiciton talking.  That is something that is now a part of him as a human being, and again I completley understand by no fault of his own in the beginning BUT he was snorting if i remember correctly and this IS addict behavior.  I am not trying to drag you down because you deserve the world after what you have done and been going through with him, but I do not want you to be unaware of how strong addiction is and will remain to be for awhile for him.  The fact that he would entertain the idea of starting again just to be able to get through the day for the new job is proof that he could very well relapse.  this is now coming out of his mouth after 1 day of starting to feel somewhat human again.  I understand he just wants to do good at the new job but if he does start using again the job will be gone sooner or later so it really makes no sense to use for that purpose.  you need to remind him that everytime you go through w/d it gets worse especially cause you know whats coming.  Please Please Please...you said you never worry about him using again because it's just not his thing.....well it now is something that you and he must must must be aware of.  I know this is not something you want to hear but I am so pulling for you guys and would hate to see him go "backwards".   It sounds like he is talking a lot more logically after his ride and that is great but just be aware that this is not over by a long shot yet.  The other thing I wanted to ask is what did you mean by dialated?  Big dialated or small dialated.  I'm not sure if dialated means big pupils or small.  Anyway sweet dreams to you both and hey if he is dreaming at least he is sleeping somewhat.  Another good sign.  I was thinking about you guys today wondering about the evening update and it struck me...you remind me of one of those couples you see on T.V. where they describe the love that you share is a once in a lifetime thing that most people never find.  You both are very lucky and I wish you all the best that life has for you to come.
Hope to hear tomorrows even better feeling day.  10 days and counting!!!!!
Ok- EVENING UPDATE, DAY 10, AND NOT A GOOD DAY! NOT AT ALL! HE IS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED GUYS! He is ANGRY, and UPSET, and REALLY FRUSTRATED! His stomach is getting better, his legs worst, and his mindset worst than ever. He was up all night, no sleep. He finally started to snooze a little this afternoon, and our son woke him up to go play, at his friends house, And he's been up ever since. What DO I DO NOW? HOW DO I HELP HIM NOW? Yes Rosebud, you are right about the "not his thing", and "relapsing", no doubt. I feel as though I didnt have to worry, because he just I didnt think, had an addictive personality. But what do we know? Obviously, not much, cause i can totally see him relapsing right now, he's SOOOOO OVER THIS BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your right in all that you say, about the job thing- His health is more important, I KNOW he WOULD NEVER EVER EVER, GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN, NOT ON OUR LIVES! He gets better a little, than worst a little, than better maybe, than WORST! WTF IS UP!????? HELP US!!!! Much love- meXXXOOOO
My husband says he is skitzzy, feeling- his eyes are dialated HUGE, and feels like he's drank like 15 cups of coffee, and he's shaky, hot/cold, freaking out!  Yes, his stomach he says is better, his legs, better, all around as far as diarrhea, vomiting, etc...better- but mentally, and I guess some physical or mostly physical, hell, i dont know, seems a contradiction, but he's NOT GOOD! I think he's ALSO FREAKING OUT, because he is down to the wire, and only has a few days left before his job, and he still feels terrible. So, he's stressing. He says he knows he's taken the stuff for awhile, so he knows it will be awhile to get out of his system, but he thought by now, he would feel better than he does. He's been making himself, get up and walk on the treadmill, all day- well, about 2:30 he said he couldnt do it, he just couldnt do it anymore. He's going to get a hot shower now, and get on the treadmill, or the other way around. PLEASE POST! NEED YOUR ADVICE AND ENCOURAGEMENT MORE THAN EVER!
Hey everyone- must be a busy night, haven't heard from anybody- well my opi on the email-(guess my books are getting to long! sorry again for that lol) but anyway- going to bed, husband is struggling, badly- he's ready to run (not even kidding here anymore) HIS FACE THROUGH MY WALL!!! So, I really hope DAY 11 is a much BETTER ONE! We need some advice here- i'm really getting frustrated myself, i know i have no right, but he's really starting to **** me off- sorry- he's very frustrated and mad. and sad, and every other emotion that you could possibly have. DONE WITH DAY 10, SHOULDN'T HE BE FEELING MUCH BETTER BY NOW?? I know, he knows, he put alot in his system for a long time, so we know i guess, its going to take a long time to get out of his system, and for him to feel better, but damn. HE had me up all night long, with the constant moving and shaking, and moaning! UGH! Ok- i better go, sorry but thank you for letting me vent. Do i need or should I start a new post? Can i do that? Let me know- love to you all! I AM SO GLAD TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!
Hi, Sorry I have not been around for awhile. I commute and go the gym every night after work. I force myself because it helps with depression etc.

Some things that may help. When I was in wd I went through the rls bad. Also anything touching my body and smells were just gross. One thing that I did was NO SUGAR-  little CAFFIENE. I was wired too and could not handle any stimulants. Try just water or flavored water with no sugar to help hydrate I am a coffee junkie and even I could not handle it.. yikes....

And darn it- I wish that he would take the clondine.... It really helps.

Hang in there. I think that things will get better soon. Feel free to message me anytime.

Take Care - M
He has the clonidine?  IT's not addictive, there will be no buzz....I sobbed and sobbed and was in utter hysterics untill I took it, it just settled me.....didn't necessarily "feel" anything from it.  I wish I had something promising to say, other than it WILL end....but it took me a while.  I'm still picking up the pieces......I'm praying for you.....be as patient as possible.  
And yes, you should post a new thread soon! Just a thought! :)
you may want to consider not sleepin in the same bed right now. i share a different doc, but i know when in w/d's people get real irritated. seems alll he is goin thru is normal, just need to keep ridin it out. best of luck, many prayers and much love
Wow, it sounds like he going through hell.  I wish him luck, he is lucky to have a lady who cares so much for him.  I am starting CT today and I am really dreading it, but it is time to kick this chit to the curb it is ruining my life.

good luck, it will get better
The hot baths really do help, at least while you are IN them! I bought epsom salt, and soaked the other day for as long as I could and I got out feeling tired, but a lot less achey (achy) for the next hour or so.

Try a sauna, and just get in and out as much as you can stand it. It's a temporary relief but worth it at the time... It's like taking a mini-break from the sypmtoms, which at your worst point will feel heavenly.

Hi....your hub is working through the damage he already did to himself.  The body will recuperate but time is the best healer.   Can he get to the gym now?  Even if he can't and just starts taking walks, he'll start to feel better.  I also recommend a muscle building powder that he can mix with water or milk; why...because the powders contain all the essential aminos and helps with the mood swings.  

My story - I was in the gym on the 3rd day after stopping.  I definitely started slowly but been in full swing for awhile and even after 50+ days, I'm still forcing myself to do certain things...meaning energy is not 100%.

If your hub thinks about relapsing, remind him that eventually he'll have to go through what he's going through now...not much fun.

Peace,

Nick
hi..
i am sorry he is struggling...
i am not sure how to totally make this go away.  however, in going through this right now, i am on the clonipine patch and i can work and just am pretty tired through the day, but my w/d symptoms are very minimal to what he is having.  
can he get into the bath or hot showers?  can he stay in the bath for a while?  
i am wondering if you should call his doctore to get some suggestions and they could help.  the clonidine does not give a buzz and i do not crave it, i think it just helps until all of the feelings are done.  when i was not on it during the w/d, i was irritable, restless, nauseous... everything.  
thinking of you both and please keep us updated....
mak
The first stage of withdrawal lasts appx. 3 weeks. The second stage lasts about another 6 weeks and after that he should be functioning almost as his normal level. I don't know why doctors don't explain these things to people who quit opiates cold turkey like this.

Anyway, at least now you know that it's not a one week thing. Clonidine lowers the blood pressure but it's a good medication for withdrawal. If he is really suffering then you may want to call your doc and have her/him give you a script for clonidine.

Blessings,
Sael

Hi to everyone, I will start a new thread- I agree this is getting very long! And since the title is no longer true, DAY 11!!!!!
I know you or him may not want to hear this but he needs to stop taking the immodium..he needs to evacuate all of the opiate out of his body even
though it hurts and is very unpleasent...its what his body needs to do so he can feel better...I've gone through what he's going through soo many times, he will feel better...unfortunatly he has to go through the pain to get well. Also clonodine does help a lot...it brings your BP down so your heart will stop pounding and he can relax, it makes you sleepy and he needs to sleep to recover. Thats why they give clonodine in detox. I honestly hope he stays with it. The best high in the world is being sober again after you've been through the horror of w/drawals. Good Luck!!