Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP! I AM TRYING TO GET OFF TRAMADOL!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP! I AM TRYING TO GET OFF TRAMADOL!

I HAVE BEEN TAKING TRAMADOL FOR A YEAR....I WAS UP TO 800 MG A DAY...NOW I AM DOWN TO 400MG A DAY....I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO GET THEM....SO STARTING TODAY I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW I AM GOING TO SELF DETOX MYSELF....PLEASE HELP ME...ANY SUGGSTIONS FOR A GUY WITHOUT INSURANCE TO GET HIS LIFE BACK????HELP
how many do you have left ? do you want to taper or are you going to cold turkey it..... Ultram was/is my DOC and i know how unpleasant it can be to come off it ,but it can be done ..i have been clean for about two and half months ..... i had a three week relapse in sept for medical reasons i had been clean since April before that ...so let me assure you can do this as well......
avis
I was down to 3 a day..now I have none left...I feel like I am dead to the world and have the flu...I cant take 4 days to sleep cause I have a son....any ideas on how I can do it? I guess I have to go cold turkey, cause I have none left
ok ...yes it will be a rough few days ....do you have any sleep aids ....  I have 2 kids as well I know how rough it can be but you will get threw this ...
My brother gave me some time released xanax to take a hour before bed...and some 5htp to take a few times a day. Tramadol is the only drug I have ever taken....EVER! and I never thought I could let myself get to this point..they just made me feel so good all the time...and a better worker....if you find anything that might help me...please let me know.....I want to get off these and never go back!
There is an amino acid that helped me with energy but i would wait till like day four to start it. It worked very well with the 5htp its called L'tyrosine ...... do take the xanax to get thru the next few days just be very careful it can be addicting as well. take   so just be aware and be careful.... As soon as you can get outside take walks exercise well help more then i can say to get threw this..... Advil for aches and pains ...if you can get hold of a heating pad it was a life saver for me.. watch for panic attacks i had a few coming off the ultram..... you might need something for Diarrhea.
plz post often let me know how you are .I will help as much as i can
avis
Thank you so much....i really need someone to help me through this....I am getting ready to go down to walgreens to get the stuff for the Thomas Detox....I will also get some advil also....I have never taken xanax, so that will prob hit me strong...I have only been without tramadol for not even a day...and the diarrhea has begun....I even said I prayer to help me through this....
you will get thru this ,,,, the fact that you have never taken xanax maybe good ....it should knock you out enough that you can get some sleep .....trust me when i say some sleep makes such a big difference in how you feel..... I am on everyday ,,,if you go to the home page and look to your right you will see where you can set up your profile , then your name will be in blue as well and you can send me messages when you need to ...
avis
I added you as a friend, I really appreciate your time....I am leaving for walgreens...anything you can suggest I pick up to go along with the Thomas Detox items?
i would suggest a heating pad if you dont have one....

avis
I got everything but the l-tyrisone.....i have to go to a vitamin shoppe tommarow to get that....I just ook my 1st xanax......i just hope I can do it...my legs are sore and I feel like ****...the bed is gonna feel good...if any advice comes to ya..let me know..  :)
well, the 1st night was ok...i slept pretty good...i feel like **** now...but I am hoping to stick with it...GOD HELP ME!
chris,
you can do this ...... its is going to be hard ......but it is doable ...try to keep yourself busy .... the first few days seem to take forever ......remember you are doing this for yourself and for your  son......
avis
the shower felt real good...my head hurts real bad...and the diarriah has kicked in....I bowl in a league tonight...so that should be interesting...I took my b6 b12 and L-tyrosine pills along with 5-htp...so now i better try to eat something......say a prayer for me! :)
I would run out and get some immodium ASAP. that will help tremendously with that part of wd's. I must say that I had the worst wd's from tram! I bought mine off the internet after my dr wouldn't give me any more scripts. I had to go c/t from them, my husband found out I was taking them and he flushed em! That was about 8 months ago. I wanted to strangle him when it happened but it's one of the best things that could have happened, cause i was going thru 180 in 3-4 weeks!! The depression is bad when you don't have the tram, but just stay busy and get some family support if you can. I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon, stay strong and dont' give in. oh and don't trade one addiction for another like I did, now I'm trying to quit oxycontin. -zoe
you have a prayer coming your way.... good eating and drinking is very important..... the shower really help take as many as ya need I used to wake up at like 12;30 am after my hole hour and a half of sleep and just stand there tell i used all of the hot water.........:) you may not really feel like blowing tonight ...... take it hour by hour ......
avis
Thank you so much....I have went from as many as 800 mg a day down to 300mg and now that I have run out....I am down to fighting without any...I got the stuff from the  Thompson Detox...so I hope that will help...I also got immodium and Pepto.....if there is anything else you can think of let me know....I thought about trying to go down to 2 a day..then 1...then none....but since I have none left...I guess I have to go from 3 to 0......GOD IT SUCKS!
Yea.....I got to bowl tonight...I dont have much choice...I feel a little better right now..but we will see later. I would have much better liked to slow myself off of them...but I dont want to be addicted to anything....I got to work tommarow...so that should be fun too!
I understand the Ultram/Tramadol stuff, never took that much, I was started at 50mg, three times a day, and then upped to double that, but of course me being me, started taking like 5 at a time, but it didn't do a whole lot for me.  Felt a little better and took it because it was all I had at the time.  I prefer the other pain pills like Lortab, Darvocet, etc.  I would wean if I could, buy off the net some if I could get away with it, even though that scares me to death, like what if you get caught?  I can get some, but I've already told my doc that it didn't work so I could get Darvocet.  Def get the Immodium, and take lots of hot baths and showers.  The xanax should help, I started valium yesterday for all the **** my life has gone to in the past couple of months, but I won't bore you with that.  I wish you the best of luck!!  Just try hard to hang in there for a short time, it will get better.  Need to talk, write me!!
Blondee68
I only took 1 tramadol today....I feel ok...but I am gonna try to use low doses of lortab and some xanax at bedtime. I can't go cold turkey..IMPOSSIBLE! plus I have everyday stuff I have to do with work and my son....I am gonna try to slow myself off....and when I do..I AM NEVER GOING BACK!!!  any helpful hints???
i have been on tramadol for 5 years now and ws just told that I couldn't have anymore from the doc.  It got so bad that I was taking up to 30 pills a day.  What is the Thompson detox that I have been reading about?  does it really help?  Is there any hope?  How long will the really bad withdrawls last?  Please help me
Hulsey82,

I was on it for 5 years, not as high a dose, but it's about 4 days of tough withdrawal. Like the worst flu you have ever had. The Thomas (not Thompson) Detox is called The Thomas Recipe here. You can find it on the right hand lower side, along with vitaman and amino acids.

I have been off for 44 days. There's alot of info, details and suggestions in my journal too. If you have no benzo (which you need to be careful with) and you can't sleep you can try anti histamines.

I am really hoping you tapered a bit off that many before the doctor cut you off? Yes, it does help, the Thomas Recipe (or google Thomas Detox or At Home Opiate WIthdrawal) will help. Yes, there is hope if you can fight and tolerate the pain for awhile.

I feel for you!

Love and Healing,, Emily
Tramadol taper---Let me tell you how to do this the painless way. I am a REAL pharmacist, and I know this works. Buy a tablet cutter. Taper the dose by 1/4 tablet per week. For instance, if you are on 4 tabs. per day, drop to 3&3/4 tabs./day for a week. Next week drop to 3& 1/2 tabs. per day for a week, and so on. This takes a long time, but you will avoid the withdrawal symptoms. Why so slowly? Because this chemical has a firm GRIP on your brain. You brain has gotten very used to it, and you will experience real HELL if you try tapering too quickly. Try this. It works.
How are you guys able to get zanex without a script?

I just had surgery on my lower back and am taking about 3 or 4 40mg oxy a day.

Have you guys seen or tried stuff like Kratom? I have some xscape pills that I was thinking of trying to help with the WD's.

Anyone know or heard of kratom?
Hi, I am alittle confuses. At the top of this blog you mentioned you had no more tramadols left. Then mid way through you mentioned you had one tramadol today (your post to Blondee68)?  Up till then I thought you already had one night on Xanax. bowled etc...?  Im interested in your progress as I intend to do this too.  But it looks like you are still taking the Tramdol. Did I misread this?
This post is over a year old guys :)
I've been taking Tramadol for about 2 years now. As of 7:00 a.m. yesterday, I am off. My last dose was 350 mg. The time now is 10:00 a.m. and I'm doing O.K. but not good. I'm tired a little sick to my stomach. And I want to take it now but I've set my mind to not let it control me. It feels like bubbles in my head now with a hang over. I hope tomorrow is better. I've off for the holidays so I made my mind up to quit. This stuff is not going to control me. Ohh. I forgot, 350mg is what I was down to. I was taking up to 800mg to 1000mg a day. It will control you if you let it. I'll keep everyone posted.

MC Arlington TX.
I have been taken Tramadol and ultram same thing just one is generic.. For 3 1/2 Yrs now. Needing more and more every 4 to 6 months.
Lots of people on this sight . Are wanting to know how long does the pain last. While trying to get off. With me doing SOOOOOOOOOOO Much research on the internet and going to a outpatient detox center for help. That did not work one bit. I have never took drugs' maybe the ocassional weed. So I did cold TURKEY. That is a good way. If you have good support. Many people have to go to work and be around other people and or have little ones to care for. I do work buut I let myself in the office and I let myself out. Meaning I am in work by myself each day for 6 Hrs. And I have ;little ones. And A teenage daughter I had to tell so she could help me out with the kids. I had to tell my husband . Ive been with for three yrs that was hard becasue he was married to and addict for 10 Yrs and he had to raise and take custody of his children and leave her. The reason I am telling u this is that. Some people may not be able to go COLD  Turkey I was able to. The 5 Days was Hell. With each day getting more and more better. The first 4 Nights were more terrible. It would be best to get your hands on Ambien or if you cant. Get 5 Zanac's Take one each night at 9:00 or 10:00 on an empty stomach .to let your body get rest and not feel the creepy crawleys threw your skin . The sweat's had me laying in a lake. And the jerks of my body made me cry. But None the less. I AM PROOF THAT YES YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! No its not impossible. If you have no support system tell a family member or friend to help you around the house with the kids. If not I will come and help you I mean it just ask I have a car I will stick buy you the first 3 to 5 Days How ever long u need it . Use are all in my preyers . U do have to suffer the pain for your loved one's . Its hard to swallow But it is your fault. AND THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT EVeN NOW WHEN YOUR FEELING LIKE U WANNA CRAWL out of your own skin. ITS GETS BETTER IN 4 TO 5 DAYS COLD TURKEY. I was up to 900mg  of ultram a day. GOOD LUCK
My friend named ME has been addicted to tramadol for about 7 years now. He is up to 20-80 50 mg pills a day and has not been even a day without them for years. He has tried kratom to get off of them and actually eneded up using more. He has also has tried Neurontin which has worked a little but he can't seem to even cut back. Basically he feels like **** even trying to cut back his normal dose a little bit. His last dose of tramadol for each day is about midnight and buy 8 or 9 in the morning his body is yelling at him saying he needs to take more. He is very depressed even when taking a lot of pills because he knows how ****** his life has become. PLEASE ANY ADVICE???????
Well i was on tramadol for almost 5 years straight i had attemepted to stop several times and couldnt make it through the first few days it was a killer........I tried everything to stop but it didnt work.........It got so bad i was taking over 30 50mg pills a day thats when i started running out of my script of 240 just over a weeks time.....I started ordering it on certain web sites that offered it without actually seeing a doctor u just had to fill out a medical question sheet and have the money order ready when the fed ex man showed up the next day it was costing about $140 for 180 pills..........It was killing my realtionship and my work and eventually I lost it all my job my fiance for 5 years and ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks from a baseball bat to the side of my head......so i had alot of time on my hands in the hospital and several different roommates.........well this one guy and i talked for a few days about drugs and what not and he told me about this drug suboxone, which at the time i had never heard of....Well he told me thats what they gave to get of oxy's and it helped him out so much.............So he offered me 4 of his pills and told me to take 1 a day for 4 days and i wouldnt feel any of the withdrawl (withdrawal) effects of the tramadol.........Of course i didnt believe him but i had no other choice i was stuck in the hospital and no tramadol so i took it for 4 days and i have to tell you i wish i had known about suboxone a long time ago because it would have saved me a lot of pain and agony...........I didnt feel any effects of stopping the tramadol, I felt great........I  know your not suppose to take other peoples meds and stuff like that but it saved my life and i recommend if at all possible if you are trying to get off the tramadol and  want to avoid the painful withdrawl (withdrawal) find a Dr that will write u a script or if your at your last resort find some from someone else, its well worth it
Your suggestion of suboxone really gives me hope. I've got to get out of this addiction too. Tramadol has taught me so much...mostly how to concentrate and how to focus, it takes away all my physical restlessness and also it provides a buffer between my painful thoughts and my gut (so the speak) I would (will) really miss it.

I have been taking it for nearly 4 years. I get scared thinking if there were some disaster or something I would not be able to get it and that scares me more than the disaster. I got a taste of what the withdrawal is like about three years ago and I have been postponing it ever since. I wish I could afford going to a detox hospital for a week....I only have medicare though, and I doubt if it would cover something like that. My only other choice is to slowly, slowly taper but every time I start to do that I break out of it in a few days. I'm getting disgusted with myself. I just want to be able to like myself again.

Hi, I would like to know how to taper off Tizanidine. I also take Tramadol and I'd like to either reduce or stop one or both meds completely. But I'm terrified of withdraw from either med, and I take them both for 2 pain conditions that cause me severe pain. I saw where you told how to taper off Tramadol(which I take 400mg a day). So how would I taper off Tizanidine?(I take 16mg a day) I'd really appreciate your help and expertise on this.
And should I cut back/ween myself off of the Tramadol like you recommended above?- Tramadol Taper: buy a tablet cutter. Taper the dose by 1/4 tablet per week. For instance, if you are on 4 tabs. per day, drop to 3&3/4 tabs./day for a week. Next week drop to 3& 1/2 tabs. per day for a week, and so on. This takes a long time, but you will avoid the withdrawal symptoms. Why so slowly? Because this chemical has a firm GRIP on your brain. You brain has gotten very used to it, and you will experience real HELL if you try tapering too quickly. Try this. It works.
That question was to chrisntn26.
Welcome to the forum. This is an old post and christin is no longer here. So you might want to start a new post at top of page. 'Post A Question"
Wow, it's nice to know I'm now alone.  I have been on tramadol (the demon pill) for 5 or 6 years.  My body has become so conditioned to it that I use between 20 and 22. 50 mg. a day.  Totally ashamed to tell a professional.  I have tried to get on subloxone twice, and was told by 2 different doctors  that it doesn't help with tramadol.  But, it sounds like it does.  Oh well, I can't get it.  

I have tried to taper it down, but something always interupts it, like a huge day I don't want to miss.  I also see I tried to taper too much at a time.  I'm going to try 1 pill or 1/2 a pill a day for a week, 1/4th a pill just sounds so low, because my dosage is so high.  But, if I have to I'll go to that.  I'll also try all of the other suggestions, because the w/d was hideous.  Unbearable pain, extreme nausea and wretching (nothing on the stomach), leg jerks and no sleep.  I can't imagine hot showers do much but I'll try it.  

Thanks for everyones input, please keep it coming it really helps.  lizzybug
Hi.
I have been using Tramadol for about 4 years now, I was at one point taking about 30-40 a day. I want off of them so bad, I have cut back to 15-20 a day now, depending on my day. I have three kids and I cannot just check myself into a rehab, I would love to be able to do that but it isn't realistic.
Tell me how to begin this process? How many should I start taking and and for how long until I reduce the amount? And really does this Thompson or Thomas Detox stuff work??? And what else should I get? I think I could get some xanz, or valium. How many days will I feel like S**T? Days or weeks? When will I feel back to my normal self?
Thank you to everyone who writes, it helps so much to hear others experience, and glad to see I am not the only one taking that many. :(

I am so thankful that I found this forum and see that other people are going through what I am going through.  I have been taking Tramadol for only two weeks at 300mg a day for pain after the surgery that I had.  When I had no more pain from the surgery I stopped taking them. OMG that was the biggest mistake, the first night I could not stop the feeling of my skin crawling, shaking, sweating, you name it I had it plus no sleep, it was aweful.  So what I did was go down to two pills a day 100mg just for about 3 days, this helped alot then I went down to just 1/2 pill a day an hour before I would go to bed and that helped I did that for a couple of days too.... NOW I stopped cold turkey and am having WD's so bad it is unreal.  I tried to taper off which I thought I was doing correctly but it did not work..I AM SO TIRED I HAVE NOT SLEPT IN TWO DAYS... At this point I am I don't know what I should do... go back to taking Tramadol 1/2 pill or just keep going with the cold turkey.  It's hard because I have to work of course and cannot focus on what I have to do plus I cannot keep still I have to walk around the office all the time or stand at my desk.  Everyone in my office knows what is going on and are understanding but I still feel like an idiot ya know!  I just keep praying that God will make this go away!  I will never-ever take this medication again!  My prayers go to everyone here that has taken it and trying to get past the WD's.  God Bless.
Maybe you can work with your doctor to figure out a tapering plan. I have heard it usually recommended to reduce 25% every four days. Usually the worst of the physical symptome if going CT is over with in 4-7 days. Drinks lost of water and exercise when you can it really helps. You were on it for a short period of time so hopefully it will not last long. I would suggest talking to your doctor about this. Best wishes.
I found a supplement in Supper Supplements called GABA. Also try taking a stress supplement that has Valarian in it. It helps with nerves and panic attacks. GABA is a natural occuring chemical in the brain and helps you sleep. You can Google it and read more. But I have used it and it helps! My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. It happens to the best of us. Dont feel like a looser or a druggie. I didnt even want to take this evil pill but my Rhumatologist INSISTED it was safe! Yeah untill you stop taking it (even if you only use the receommend dose) and you feel like crawling out of your skin. Or start having a panic attack while having a bout of restless arm/leg syndrome.
I have taken Hydrocodone after both my C-sections and never had to taper off them. I stopped taking them when I had no more pain and that was THAT! Not Tramadol! Take care! GET sleep, take supplements and cuddle your heating pad!  You can do it!!
Hi I was taking up to 20 pills a day last time I quit.  I went thtough hell to get off them in the first place, but got back on them again anyway.  I just liked the feeling of being able to do a lot and the first time I was on it it helped me stay super thin, I am 5'7'' and I weighed 114lbs last time.  SO anyhow I got back on it again to get back into the not eating and having tons of energy but I didn't get up to the doses that I used to so it really had no effect on me this time except I need it, and it started to effect my life again. Plus I was ordering it online and it gets expensive.  
So anyhow i wanted to give everyone else hope and my advise on getting off.  Weening is really the way to do it.  I was taking 8-10 a day, I know that this isn't as much as others are taking and I have only been on them again for 6 months but I think that how I have been handeling it would work for everyone will minimal amount of pain.  SO I went from taking 2 in the morning and every 4 hrs to taking 1- 3 times a day and then 2 at night.  Then once that started feeling ok I lessened it to 1-2 times a day and 1.5 at night, about 5 days later I reduced it again by waiting a couple hours after I woke up and then only taking half of one.  I would wait a couple hours and if I wasn't feeling ok I would take another half then like 6 hrs later take another half. and then another half if I needed to before bed.  THen at night I would take 3/4ths of one. and I kept reducing it like that untill I got to taking half 2 times a day and 3/4ths at night about 3 days.  Then I only took half during the day  when I start feeling like that tingly bad feeling and then I take a hot shower and then only again if I really needed it.  

Today I have only take 1/4th of one at around 630 pm and I will take 1/2 tonight before bed.  hopefully tommorrow I will be able to take none during the day and 1/2 at night.  Then once I can do that I will reduce it to 1/4 at night.. THen when I decide I can handel it I will just take some nyquil or tylelonal pm or similar and i will be off it agin.  FOR GOOD!!  

The thing is to be strong, try to focus on the fact that you will get through this and you will get back to normal.

My sister is in nursing school and she said that basically the brain makes the opiod naturally, but when you are taking these pills your body stops producing it because it is already getting it from the tramadol, so when you stop taking it your body hurts becasue its freaking out and isn't making the opioed.  So by reducing it and allowing your body to start needing to produce it slowly it will reduce the pain adn anxiety of the withdrawls.

I really want to take more too, but I am not allowing it, and once I get down to 1/4th at night after the 3rd night I am flushing the rest (if I have any I have like 6 pills) If you can do that, show your self you have the strenght to be done and get rid of what you have. YOU WILL FEEL AWESOME!

I know how this drug effects everyday life, I went on vacation to costa rica and I was freaking out like what if they stop me, what if my BF finds out I am taking then again.  Always having to take them, its aweful so good luck to all of us!  Having a support system like this or family is key, be strong! we can get throught it!
I have been on Tramadol for the past five months. I was taking 16 a day. I had a grand mal seizure without any warning this past Tuesday afternoon. It was Thanksgiving week so I cant see my Dr. till tomorrow.
I had taken tramadol before with no problem. Since my seizure I have only taken 6 a day. Will I likely have another seizure while im tapering off tramadol? I'm so afraid.
I'd suggest you MAY want to start a new post on this subject as the original goes back a couple years and some people may not want to wade throughh all the replies to respond.  

My other advice would be to discuss all of this with your doctor...I believe I've read that coming off of tramadol could cause seizures...I'm not sure about the use/abuse of the med however.

Jim
My boyfriend is addicted to Tramadol and I'm trying to get him to get off of it....does anyone have any advice???
How much is he taking and how often?  He must be VERY careful coming off of tramadol as going CT has been known to cause seizures...PM me if you like and I can try to help with info a friend shared with me that seems to be working

Jim
I have been taking tramadol now for about 8 months for quite severe pain in my back following a serious accident. I had tried other painkillers but tramadol was the only one that gave me some relief. I had been taking it for about 2 months when i was going on a stag party with my friends and as i would be drinking, i didn't take any of them with me. That is when i knew something was seriously wrong, I felt terrible. A strange tiredness and heavy feeling came over me, i was sweating, my skin was crawling, i kept getting a weird feeling in my back which made me tense up constantly and sleeping was impossible. My girlfriend had to travel over 100 miles to pick me up to give me the tramadol again, after a while i felt fine. Since that time i have been scared to death of ever running out of tramadol or my doctor stopping them. The withdrawls are so bad. It is starting to run my life to an extent, If ever i am going anywhere, i have to always make sure i don't forget my tramadol, if i do, i have to turn back. I am on 500mg per day and i know i will have to come off these at some point but i am dreading it. The other thing is that i still get pain in my back at work and i will end up having to substitute it with something else when i stop to be able to work, so i can't win. It also effects my libido. I am a young man and as otherwise normal before but now my desire for that is much less than before. My doctor didn't warn me what could happen when taking these pills and i am so angry for that, i would never have started. When reading all these comments, i don't know if it makes me more scared of what i know i am going to have to go through or makes me feel better that there are other people who understand. i have tried coming off them a couple of times recently but it's just too hard, i can't go longer than about 10 hours then it gets too rough. I can handle the tiredness and the sweating, even the heavy head feeling but it's the not being able to sleep and the tensing in my back that really distresses me, It's hard to explain but it drives me crazy. I also get very adgitated when coming off them and can't eat. Wish i hadn't started on them but i know the time will come when i have to go through these withdrawls and i'm not looking forward to it atall. I dread the day my doctor wants to take me off these.
You might try a very slow taper, dropping  by say 25mgs per week.  The withdrawals should be much decreased with hopefully no insomnia.

For many of us, pain got worse while on tramadol & after a while the tolerance factor means that  your prescribed dose may not control your pain very well at all.

Tapering off at 8 months will reduce the risk of rebound pain, compared with what you may experience if you find yourself still taking tramadol several years later.

I have found that Celebrex controls my pain as well or better than tramadol ever did & I don't have the insomnia & bouts of chronic fatigue that set in when tramadol turned on me at my prescribed dose of 200mg.

You may find starting a taper empowering as you will no longer have the fear of being cut-off by your doctor hanging over your head.

Best wishes.
Hi, thanks for tha advice. Only thing is i can't drop by 25mg per week as my capsules are 50mg per capsule so i would have to drop by 50mg per week but the other problem i then have is that by dropping my dosage, i am going to experience the pain in my back again when i'm at work. Would it be advisable for me to ask my doctor to put me on another pain killer alongside tramadol (for the time being) whilst i gradually cut the tramadol dosage down bit by bit each week? i've been avoiding bringing it up with the doctor for fear of her cutting me off them altogether. Another thing is, IS there actually a pain killer out there which is going to relieve my pain without me getting hooked on them? My accident was a year and a half ago, i fell 25 feet and had numerous injuries but there is a pain i still get in my back to this day which is crippling at work and the doctors can't understand what's causing it or what to do to help it. It's just a case of take painkillers day in day out. Like i say, Tramadol was the only one that seemed to work having tried, co-codamol and diclofenac before that. I just want some pain relief without having an addiction.
Hey Can someone help or a bit of advice would be nice im a 18 year old male been a bit of an idiot and taken tramadol for a replacement for alchahol as i was a big drinker and now im hooked been on them for 1 and half years my freinds mother got them for me of the internet on a regular basis unaware how addictive they are im taken 3 50 mg capsules a day and when i try to cut them out im experiencing terrible withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms unable to sleep sweating anxious and just cant seem to keep still its a nightmare if i had known they was like this i would of never gone on them i use to be a strong lad aswell but they seemed to have made me very weak i never did know they was a painkiller and was told they were high powered anti-depressants wich was good at the time because my grandad died and i was going through an emotionaly tough time.
I have also noticed my inteligence has faded im going a bit of a schizophrenic i think.
I am gonna go to the doctors see if he can replace them with something less more addictive and wean me off them because the tramadol are in capsules and it very hard to wean off them. Is there anybody here that has got off them and there life having got back to a stable state without thinking about these pills that would really encourage me to know that because i use to be a very normal young man i had the occasional p*ss up with my mates and would be after the girls all the time but since i have been on these pills my social life has really been affected because of my nerves so if any body could get in touch with me and has been through this experience it would really benifit my will power. And by the way if anybody is disgusted with the fact that an 18 year old is addicted to pain killers dont worry i am too i have had a pretty bad up bringing watching my Dad pop pills infront of me when i was a 9 year old kid so it just 1 of those things that happened you know.Im determined to be off these by end of January 2010.Any help would be appreciated. My prayers go out too all of you who is going through the same thing exspecially the ones on over 10 a day i cant imagine what it would be like for you guys. xx
Hey i posted a message above stating i was on 3 50 mg a day i have managed to get my self down to 1 a day now 50 mg capsule but i dont know what to do now because it being a 50 mg capsule there is no way i can taper the dose.
Would it be a wise idea to tip out some of the substance in the capsule out to wean my self off i actually feel pretty good as well dropping down to 1 a day 7 a week, my emotions and appetite for life is returning wich feels real good i was depressed for a few days having dropped the dose but i seem to be adjusting.
What has really hit me though is the fact i had been so stupid for so long taking these things when on the higher dose i just didnt care about my life and was completely unaware i had giving up on myself i recommend to anybody physically capable of exercising to lift some weights when the anxiety kicks in it really seems to beat it out of you i know sometimes the anxiety gets so bad you feel like running head first into a wall just to put your self out of misery lol. If i went cold turkey from 7 a week would i experience bad side effects i tried going cold turkey before having been on 21 a week it was horrible. i go through the whole day now with out 1 where as before i needed 1 for the strength so im really proud about that i now just take 1 about 6 hours before bed which knocks me out well so if someone could let me know if there is an over the counter drug that will make me feel more comfortable during the side effects i live in the uk i heard st johns wart is good for the restless legs is this correct ? I dont suffer with any pain so i dont need to replace it with another pain killer i just would like something for energy and well being while going through the side effects.Please let me know if you have any ideas.
I have been taking tramadol for a while now and I have been addicted to pain meds all in all for about 8 years. I am soooo tired of relying on pain meds. All I want to do is get off of them. I have a heart disease and the tramadol does not help at all with my fight on overcoming my disease. I tried today to not take any tramadol but by 5pm I was having soooo much pain I caved and took 4 of them. I need help on how to get off of them. I am a mother of 3 boys and a wife. I also work a full time job and am in college. I need help. Which is better to quit them cold turkey or wean off of them??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
your best bet is to ween off of them...cold turkey is first of all horrible with tramadol (I tried 3 weeks ago and was horribly sick)  Your best bet is to taper...AVISG on this board could help you with a taper schedule..with cold turkey you are in danger of seizures as a number of people have experienced them  but your doctor didn't tell you that, huh?

Jim
wow were to begin i have been on ultram for now three years i hate it with a passion ! but i love it ! the energy ,the feeling good ,the not worrying about anything .I STARTED ON TRAMADOL WHEN MY DOCTOR TOOK ME OFF OF LORTAB THATS WHAT THEY PUT ME ON 100 A MONTH I WAS TAKING 12A DAY THEN MORE AND MORE AND FINALLY I TOLD MY MOM AND MY HUSBAND I NEEDED HELP GETTING OFF THEM SO THEY TOLD ME I COULD AND THRU THEM AWAY ! I CRIED AND CRIED CAUSE I HURT SO BAD I STARTED DRINKING AN ENERGY DRINK CALLED REHAB LIKE 4 TIMES A DAY AND AFTER 2 WEEKS I FELT BETTER ! THEN I WENT 5 MONTHS ULTRAM FREE THEN ONE DAY I GOT INTERNET AND FOUND A WEBSITE WERE I COULD ORDER THEM 180 FOR LIKE 140 DOLLARS AND I KEPT ORDERING THEM TILL I HAD LIKE 10 BOTTLES AT ONE TIME ! and when i would get down to 6 bottles i would freak !!!! SO CAME THE DAY I DIDDNT ORDER ANY MORE AND STARTED GOING BACK TO DOCTORS    ................ AND NOW IM AT THE POINT OF TAKING 32 A DAY I HATE IT AND TODAY I STARTED READING THIS SITE AND I REALLY AM NOT ALONE BUT I FEEL LIKE I CANT DO THIS I AM SCARED ! I HAVE A VERY ADDICTIVE PERSONALLTY AND NEED HELP I HAVE THREE BABIES AND NEED TO BE HERE FOR THEM I DONT WANNA DIE FROM THIS DRUG ITS CRAZY AND THE SAD THING IS AT WALMART ITS ONLY $4.00 FOR UP TO 90 PILLS THATS CRAZY ! WELL ANY ADVICE AR SOMEONE TO TALK TO WOULD REALLY HELP ME MAYBE LOST IN ULTRAM ! HELP
Day 3 of coming off 300mg. a day for 1 year. I wish that I could sleep normal again. I find myself taking 2-4 tylenol pm at night with no success. I shouldn't say NO success, for I get about 30min of sleep and then wake up not to return to slumber. Over the last 3 days I have had about 6 hours total sleep. I have 2 children so I cannot just give up. I wish I would have never started this crap. My family and myself deserve so much more than this. God give me the strenghth to make it through this.
I do not know if anyone still uses this post or not- but hoping so! I have been on trams for about 7 years, no one knows. I really want to get off them BAD. I need support, but do not feel comfortable telling my mate or anyone. I feel like an idoit for starting or getting to this point. I geuss I am turning here for support. I have about 5 days worth left and do not want to re-up. I want my life back, I use to enjoy things, anymore I feel like I go through the notions.I have tried a couple of times to stop CT, but eventually go back. I have tried to tamper off, but find reasons or make excuses to go back up. I REALLY need some support and advise on things to do. While reading through this post it started to make me shake and feel like I am withdrawing already; very strange reaction. Does anyone know of another support group via online? I think I am ready for the first time in my life to quit for good, but know it is going to be hell. If any one can be a support buddy that would be awsome!!
There is a wonderful thread called Emily Post's tramadol recovery room that has many people in the same siyuation as you.
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/162560
Oh my I feel like you all know me more than my on family.  I have been on tramadol for three years now and I take double my dose and I take them everyday and I need them and hate them.  I need help, I want off.  I tried cold turkey but now I am starting to just ease off them and by start I mean today, I need support and I am afraid.. Here is my e-mail, anyone I just want rid of this problem.
Hi all, i wrote a comment on this site on the 13th March telling you all the history of my illness (Lupus/Kidneys/Total Hip Replacement etc) and that i had a good five year history with Opiat based drugs. It is now 10 days since i last consumed any form of pain killer and i feel so free and alive. I cant realy belive how my life feels. I have far more energy and feel so much happy its great stuff thanks to the folk on this site. Yes it was all done thanks to the comments folk posted on this site that gave me ths will to see them horried days of cold turkey through, it was hell. But for those out there that are going to go through the sleepless nights, water running from the eyes feeling very low and flu symptoms i just want to say that its hard but belive me its worth it in the end.

My advice is to stock up on as much fruit and veg eat yourself stupid( even if you dont feel like eating) with all the healthy stuff and get a good detox tea that was great for me as it got rid of all nastyness quickly as i was always on the toilet.
Another think get yourself a box of disolvable parras( for the quick pain relif you might feel when detoxing like flu aches), hayfever tabs(helps with the skin riddles, very good) and some natural sleeping tabs(these can sometimes make you feel tied and sometimes if looky get you back on a sleeping pattern quickly once the worst is over).
Another big tip if you have a family and you are planning on going to bed the same time as your lady/hubby think again dont even  think of having a sleep pattern just get yourself a blanket and lie on the couch. This way you will not upset the person close to you as they will become more tierd due to you restfullness. Get some DVDs in and plan to stay up and watch some late night TV, this will help and you will soon wake up with the sun in your eyes.

Thanks for listening and take care.
Good luck
My boyfriend is hooked on on Tramadol. He is trying to quit. I have never been addicted to anything so I am trying to learn everything I can about the demons of addiction. It is very painful for him he made it 1 1/2 days with out any going cold turkey. Then he guilted me into going to ther er and getting more meds for him. I ended up getting darvocet. He calmed down and was not in so much pain but he is taking them like it is candy. He needs to get off of this stuff. I need help I don't know how to help him. If anybody has any suggestions that would be really great. (I WILL NEVER GET HIM MORE MEDS AGAIN!)
I love him very much and it is very painful to see him go through this so I can only imagine how painful it is for him. I just don't know how to help him. He is just pushing me away from him and I don't know how to deal with it. Any advise would be great!
He needs to talk to a doctor.  I have been off tram for a little over a month, and it is very difficult to do alone.  A doc can give him some meds to help the WD so that he doesn't have to keep taking things like darvocet.  There are better meds that will be more helpful!

Good luck!!
You might also want to "Post a Question".  This is an old thread!  
Hi, I have been on tramadol for over 3 years...I take 5/6 aday but am dependant on them for the energy they give me. I can have my house perfect within an hour, do any chore and play games and have fun with the kids. The moment I stop taking them I ache like crazy, I cant sleep at night but Id be able to sleep all day. My kids are young so sleeping in the day is not an option. Coming off them, for me, I find unbearable. I havent the energy to move and have to plan simple tasks like "brushing teeth" in advance. Tasks that use to be just simple and every day life, without Tramadol, now seem impossible. I dont know what to do. I dont remember what feeling "normal" actually feels like anymore :-( When I take Tramadol, I know Im going to be full of energy and happy happy happy. When trying to go cold turkey I feel depressed and just want to lie down and not move or talk to anyone. It feels like the worst hangover ever and I always cave in. :-(
Getting off Utram is a piece of cake and when I was takeinfg five 10mg of lortab thats what I was put on. only after Suboxone nearly killed me, be very carefull of that and methadone. Its just like youve just switched to a worse habbit really.
I'm working on getting off of 200mg ultram er a day.
So far I have to 50 mgs left. I am breaking them up and
taking them whenever I feel unbearable. Is this just dragging
things out, or will it help me? I've been offered suboxone,
but the last post says it isn't good....any thoughts?
Is claritin allergy stuff ok for the skin crawlies.
And any help with the all over body flailing thing would
be much appreciated....
MY MOTHER TAKES TRAMADOL FOR A CHRONIC THUMB INJURY AND WAS TOLD THAT SHE WOULD ALWAYS BE ON PAIN MED BUT WE DON'T WANT HER ON THEM AND WEN SHE DON'T HAVE THEM ITS REALLY BAD NOT ONLY FROM WITH DRAWS BUT HER THUMB STILL HURTS REALLY BAD WHAT DO WE DO????????
wow what an evil drug is tremadol i have been on 400mg alot of the time 600mg a day for 2 years and this is my 3rd day off them and well #### me this is so hard i truly understand what you all going through and i feel sad for any 1 trying to quit this drug cold turkey my whole body is trembling and the aching is unbearable i cant sit for 2 seconds and i definetly cant lay down for sleep i feel like i am going crazy am so depressed and even break down crying at times but i know that in another couple of days i will start feeling better (so cant wait ) and so will yous.. i see that some of yous are trying xanex they will defenitly help you sleep and calm your mind but be carefull cause they are so so addictive aswell i was on them for 7 years and guess how i got off them? yep tremadol, anyway good luck to you all i wish you all the best in your road to recovery to get off this evil drug GOD BLESS  
Hello, I was on Tramadol for three (3) months...  I was taking 50mg tabs 6 times per day.  I finally figured out at the end by my family that I was a different person & my wife thought I was loosing my mind...  Wonderful news to hear...I stop taking them and I went through the worse flu ever...vomitting, dirreah, cramping in every muscle, headache, nausea, dry heaving, etc...  During this process I told myself I am a very strong person who has endored a lot worse in life than this and I will make it.  It takes a lot of "Will Power" to get through this and I am living word it can be done.  It is not easy at all!!!  I pushed myself each and every day and kept moving to make sure I was getting all of this out of my system.  I finally said the **** with this and worked out for one hour in which I sweated my *** off...After I was done I felt like a million dollars then about 3-4 hours later I felt like Rocky beat me up.  The next day got better...but I told myself to keep moving and keep trying....During this process I was taking lots and lots of vitamin supplements as well as herbs that are in capsule form.  I went the hollistic route.  I did not want to be hooked on any type of prescription medication.  On day 11 I started to feel normally, about (98%).  On day 12 I feel 100%.  But who knows what tomorrow will bring???  I am keeping a positive outlook and I know it will only get better and better.  What I did learn during this process that I actually experienced short term memory loss.  My wife would go over things with me during the time I was on Tramadol that I have no recolection of, at all.  Trust me, when I say, "You do not want to stay on this medication!"  It will give you all the energy in the world; however, it will change your personality and it could have a lot of other negative side effects.  It is like waking up out of a fog or dream once you are clear headed and stable.  I hope this post helps at least one person.  I am sorry for any spelling errors.  I hope everyone has a good day and just hang in there!!!!!

T/C,
The Person Who Is No Longer Super Man (TPWINLSM) :-)
Im matthew hay ld like to day that l had a car crash and was given tramadol as a pain killer in hhospital and when leaveing hospital l kept takeing tramadol and ending up takeing as much as 10 100mg tablets to feel normal l was at a point where it took over everything but one day l went cold turky and l mean l had every rough situation you could think off but l got threw it it took me 4 days to realise l wont die and 6 weeks to feel better 3months to get sleep l looked like hell it can be dangerous to some people who cant or have no will power the main thing is drink lots of fresh water to clear toxings
i got shot 5 times and then started pain killers first i started on percocets and then i went to India because that is where i am originally from i could not get percocets there so the doc gave me tremadol and i have been taking it since and i am up to 10 a day and its been 6 months and i want to stop every time i try to stop i feel sick and flu like and my hole body hurts i want to stop please tell me way good way if there is one out there..please excuse my english my grammar is really bad.
Hey, if you will talk to your doctor about a taper plan to get off of it or slowly reduce the amount you take, that is the best way.  And if you will go to the top of this page and hit "post a question" in green, and type your question you will get lots of help.  This is an old post! : )
I am getting off tramadol now so I was curious if you yall could tell me if this tapering way will work so I don't feel any withdrawl (withdrawal) effect 6 pills for 2 days then 5 for 3 then 4 for 3 then 3 for 3 then 2 for 3 then 1 for 3 then 1/2 for 3 then none.  thank you for you feed back
I just wanted to start off by saying Thank you for all the advise to help with the detox process.  As I started reading(2 hours) I have felt like there is hope.  I also, have three daughters that are pretty young and I have really just been too afraid to quit without having an adult here with me.  My husband is now aware of how bad its gotten and he is totally on board and i KNOW will help me!  This is the first time I have ever been on pills, drugs etc.  It's way too easy to buy online!  I have told myself time time again that this is the last six I'm taking but as soon as I don't have them I start feeling like total crap.  I felt my kids were (are) the ones being punished and I want them to know their real Mom before its too late!!!!!  Any helpful advise is much appreciated!  Sincerely, Mom of 3 girls'!
Hi momofthreegirls - and welcome!!

Congrats on deciding to quit!  I just wanted to mention that if you start a new post (post a question) you'll have your own thread and it will be easier for members to respond to you.  This place is so great for support so again welcome and I wish you well!

Feel free to ask me anything - tramadol was my DOC for over 6 years and I promise you there is LIFE after tramadol - and a better one than you ever thought possible!

:)
I'm on day 4 of tramadol cold turkey withdrawal. It has been hell to say the least and I used most of the thomas recipe to help. It really helps if you can get yourself some diazepam for the RLS and sleep, however I never got more that 2hrs sleep max even while on them, now however I feel like I have full blown influenza, that was my cover up initially but I didn't think it would actually happen?! any ideas as to why I'm feeling like this? My throat is sore, running a fever, shivers, congested chest, etc. I went straight down from 500mg a day to nothing...The worst part was the stomach cramps and the total and I mean total lack of energy...Insomnia is also a serious problem, as that is when the body has the full chance to repair itself...Other than that its been a rough ride and luckily I was only on them for about 9 months. If anyone ever reads this the drug should be banned completely. Doctors saying its totally safe and what not is bull crap!! Good luck to anyone on the same path, I had to take a week off work just so I could quit, just remember that seizures pose a major problem when doing CT and those susceptible to them should taper to a really low dose and THEN quit CT. I've found that the flu could be the body "resetting" itself. Good luck and God bless! :)
hey..whats up,.i heard that you need tramadol,,right??you know i can help you about that.,for a much cheaper medicine,.you can have it to your door..just i e-mail me ***@****.,dont worry guys,.this is fda approved and us manufactured..
that was freaking cold!! thats nothing to even joke about!
First Congrats on your choice! I hope you can and will do it! Its hard but u can! I am 4 days clean from tram and lortab. Well actually 6 days clean from lortab and 4 day tram. I would take the tram to pass the withdrawls from the lortabs. Anyway its not that hard if you want to DO IT! I for one never want to see another pill in my life! This is my second time around and my very last. I have about lost my family not once but TWICE! I will not loose them over something so stupid!
If it cant make us all feel good then there is no room for it in my life!! But today is day four compltly clean and im still weak and my head is a little cloudy but if you want to do it its ok to feel that pain to show us what it does to our body!
For however long we take it our bodies are running on nothing but fake energy! I learned in rehab the first time around (did it at home this time) that your body has to relearn everything where the drugs have blocked the normality out! Your kidneys/liver have to wake up and they hurt like hell for me the first time around. The first time i was on them for about 2 years, about 15-20  lortab 10's a day never without at all! But i got them prescribed so that held me over for a little while. then buy them off the street! this time it was only 5 months and THANK GOD THAT I GOT BUSTED BECAUSE ITS NOTHING BUT DISASTER IN THE LONG RUN! I HOPE ANY WORD THAT ANYONE HERE SAYS TO YOU WILL HELP YOU IN ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK AND JUST REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT! DONT GIVE UP!
I'm taking about 600mg a day of tremadol and I'm finding very hard to come of it.. I need help.. Pls..
I just started taking xanex and have dirreah will this wear off as my body adjusts??  Thanks :)
Hi all. I ran out of my tramadol on my 40th b day the other day, and thought...let's get off this crap! It is day 2 and I feel like total crapola!!! I had to call in sick to work, and have the next 3 days off, but I am soo afraid of going back to work with out it. I work with the public in sales, and can't even imagine dealing with people with out my "happy pills" I have grown to call them. I am one of the lucky ones, I have no children, I just bought a brand new house with my fiancĂ©, and life should be great, but there is this looming secret of my drug addiction. My fiance doesn't know, nor does any of my other family members. Please, if there is anyone out there who can help me get through this, I would be ever greatful!!!! Going to work is my greatest fear. How do the rest of you do it? How do you peel your *** out of bed, and face the world without it? I do not know if I can cold turkey it, I takraround 14 to 16 of these damn pill a day!!!  I think I will want to punch a customer in the face!! That is not good...this weening thing, does it work? Or is it just an excuse to keep taking them? Is cold turkey better? And where do I find this Thomas recipe. I do not know if I can even make it to wall greens for stuff. Does anyone know if BCBS covers rehab? I have a docs apt. On Jan. 24. I think it is time to tell my doctor, friends , and family, but I figured I would start here. It has been a great relief just to be able to write this down, and document it. If anyone out there is reading this, any response would be great. Just to know there are others out there is a tremendous support. I have to go now, I am feeling quite awful. I hope I can do it. It is my first attempt, and hopefully my last!!! Thank you all for listening.
Hi , I been having tram for a wk mabe 8 or 9 days nw on 150ml a day, and was worring how long it would take to do the cold turkey cos it does make me ill already if i dont have it.
I quit cold turkey off of loritab and tramadol. I am not sure how many I was taking a day however I can tell you in two weeks I made 33,000 mgs disappear. I was taking 50 mg tabs of tramadol and loritab 5s. That is a lot of pills I know. I had 60 pills of each. Anyways it took me about 3 weeks to detox but like I said I was on a lot at a time. Everyone is different so I am not sure what to tell you to expect. I wish you look though in detoxing.  
I am confused, I tramadol was not supposed to get you high??
sounds like you know what your talking about....I am on day 4 of not taking up to 700mg a day of tramadol...I have not had body ache but my energy level is horrible and it frustrates me to no end. I'm wondering how long this lasts. I force myself to get things done around my house and take care of the kids daily but god...it makes me want to use so I can function. Haven't yet, I do have a pretty healthy mind set but it's hard. I have been taking b12 vitamins, drinking a ton of vitamin water, acai vitamins and ambien at bed time. I suffer from restless leg syndrome anyway and have experienced waking in the night with almost a restless body syndrome but have re continued the use of my non pain prescribed medication for that. I don't know if things are going to get worse before they get better but wouldn't it have started already?
Thank you!! I have on Tramadol since 2008 because I injuried my back and ended up having 3 major back surgeries. Yes I still stay in pain but I am also tired of taking Tramadol and many other medication's . I am going to try what you have suggested. Hopefully this will work for me. Thank you again!
I am trying to get off of tramadol as well, I also have the restless leg issue.  I find that if I take a high quality calcium/magnesium supplement along with Folic Acid, it calms it WAY down!  Also, for the "crazies" when you're not taking tramadol and trying to quit, Xanax (also called alprazolam) and Vitamin B1.  Vitamin b1 by itself is a miracle!  Takes about 30 minutes to an hour, and I take 100mg of it, couple times a day if need be.  The pain/exhaustion/shakes/depression/fear/anxiety/dread/anger crap that tramadol withdrawal gives you is THE WORST.  Much worse than when I quit smoking 12 years ago cold turkey!  Hang in there! Please hang in there, I need you for my own inspiration!  I even stole from friends to get the drug when i was out, it's a wicked, wicked thing.
THE most addictive drug! Ween yourself down as far as possible. Go to the Doctor, tell him you hurt your back. Get at least 60 750 MG of Vicodin. Take 2 every few hours. Get 120 Valium for sleep. Throw away the Tramadol. You'll be off in a week.
Ok this is how you get off tramadol. I been on Tramadol for 3 and a half years .I been taking alot over the course of those years .I woul omtimes take atleast almost 15 on sum days and sum days only 10 or 8 .But gotta tell ya this .I got to the point one day cause after my doctor gave me 240 that was suppose to last me 40 days I ran out on day 20 . I was not in this experience alone cause my wife really liked them too to help get up in the morning and throughout the day .Tramadol withdraw is a challenge and when you get down to that last half or 1 pill you been saving to find another option in your head cause sum of us dont have connections and cant be honest with our docs so we will do anything to get out of wthdraw like taking a trip to buy kratom and spending alot of money on extracts and whatever those headshops are selling to ease the withdraw.Myself and my wife were so antsy on day 1 and bought kratom and it helped alot with the withdraw but as soon as it wore off the sneezing and going to the bathroom was back and not to mention alot of brain zaps that we all hate.So I was lucky got a hold of a friend on day 3 when the sweats were not going away and my friend gave me 3 suboxen and a strip of suboxen that came in a packedge . After 36 hours of not having anything in our system I only took a small piece put under my toungh and she did too and we were back to normal .I was able to streatch the subs out alot made alot of pieces and was able to cutt he strips up so I could streach out the supply.I noticed that wow I was on day 5 without tramadol at all in my system and the thought of wow going from 12 pills of trams to just sinking a piece of sub under my toungh to help this was way more healthy .I also had more kratom but did not take that until I ran out of the subs so I noticed On day 8 that wow I woke up feeling normal was eating better and sleeping better and not to mention the withdaw or the feeling of having to get up take tramadol on a daily basis was all gone ,,,But here is the thing help your self get through the withdraw with kratom it does help .Find a friend or doctor if you can to give you suboxen cause alot of docs wil say tramadol is not even controlled and non nacotic- but look it is a narcotic its just cheeper then most meds and sumthing needs to be open on the market so its easy for us type of people and the vast majority wont fill the ER'S with withdraws syptoms (symptoms) and and you will all be surprzed the people who have to take this daily alot of people like bankers judges and lawers from stress that they get daily and what happens when we have stress we hurt all over and need a painkiller or antidepressent so Tramadol has both painkiiler that produces morphine and antidepressnt and when are bodies get hooked on both of those its hard to fix what we done. So my sugestion is to get kratom for 36 hours and find suboxen and only take a few days of that meaning subs .then after you will be like wow ,Also alot of people will tell ya that you have to be on subs for a while but no you dont .The reason being is that were not hooked on H or oxycotton or perks vikes were hooked on Tramadol Ultram that has a mix of both feel good drugs that who knows may be stronger to sum people and sum perfer it over most drugs.I would not tell ya to do this cold turky cause it is really hard and been through it time and time again over the course of months and years running out early on ultram .Its a  withdraw real bad ,Cause the not eating thing and sleeping restlesness and just plain out bad sweats could poisen your body more.Talk with a doctor make calls also ask for savella its better then cybolta and that crappy lirica it will make you sleepy at first but after 5 days of that it helps as a normal antidepessnt and if you thinkyou still need help suck it up go t a clinic that has suboxen and methadone but you have to have opieds in you sytem first before you go there and may have to take a vike or perk before you walk in that place cause for tramadol the same thing it will not be in you pee and they have to see you been on what the goverment says is controlled,,Tramdol will not show up in you sytem only if the test requires to tset for tramadol.And tell them that you have a problem so they can help you .I also know that you have to find somone that can sign 4 you at the clinc saying you are on perks or vikes and been taking them really long just make sure its in your system befor entry to the clinc.And do not I mean do not take methadone ask for suboxen cause suboxen last good enough and if you think tramadol withdraw is bad think 20 times worse for methadone. I am just trying to help and wish you all luck and am praying 4 you all and I know its hard I was there 7 days ago and never thought that I would make it past dy 4 .But wow Im happy with only a few pieces of suboxen helped me beat that evil pill .I am happy to e free of it and what  has done to my life . cause One last thing dont go to the Er  they will laugh at you like me saying im on filnstones and I willl be ok lol and sen you home with colodine that will not help you and if you do go to the er tell them you are there for a med refill thats it.
How did you do?
I also have rls ( restless leg syndrome ) to the extreme and im 8 months pregnant. I was a Norco addict before pregnancy then told that tramadol was a safe alternative. WOW they were wrong. Granted I don't take 20 pills a day but I do take more then 300 mgs a day that I am prescribed. WELL I decided to just up and quit two days ago. Im so miserable . my legs are driving me insane and I cant focus on anything. I am going to try and taper off but then wut happens with my rls? I have only found that narcotics work for my symptoms but I desperately want to be a clean sober mommy. I have 3 boys and one on the way so these tramadols really seemed to help me get threw my busy days. I want to stop but have nooooo clue how. its depressing. Any advice?
This post is several years old so post this as a new question and I'm sure you will get some help.
I have been taking tramadol for a couple years now and I am addicted. None of my family knows either. Not even my husband. But the question that I want to know is has anyone had a seizure from taking these pills? I've been taking up to twenty a day and just recently out of nowhere had a seizure . My family is so scared that something is wrong with me and I don't know how to quit .
I have been on Tramadol for about 2years...I have lied to my husband and family and told them i stop taking it last year.  I was first prescribed for it for Fibromyalgia...(spelling?)  I have tried over and over to stop even cold turkey and it was horrible.  I am now going to try to taper off and am hoping by my birthday in March I will be completly off.  I do not know how it is anymore to be ME
thx  .I am trying to help my husband to get off.he tried cold turkey.did't work...i will try tapering off.any nutrition advices...his anger is off the hook...how long will it take to not desire the med completly..any ideas are welcome...he also smokes....there is lot of sugar cravings...he been on it for 4 yrs....thx so much...
Help how do I start to get off tramadol the safe way I have a whole proscription left I don't know how to start