HELP! I AM TRYING TO GET OFF TRAMADOL!
I HAVE BEEN TAKING TRAMADOL FOR A YEAR....I WAS UP TO 800 MG A DAY...NOW I AM DOWN TO 400MG A DAY....I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO GET THEM....SO STARTING TODAY I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW I AM GOING TO SELF DETOX MYSELF....PLEASE HELP ME...ANY SUGGSTIONS FOR A GUY WITHOUT INSURANCE TO GET HIS LIFE BACK????HELP
Hi, thanks for tha advice. Only thing is i can't drop by 25mg per week as my capsules are 50mg per capsule so i would have to drop by 50mg per week but the other problem i then have is that by dropping my dosage, i am going to experience the pain in my back again when i'm at work. Would it be advisable for me to ask my doctor to put me on another pain killer alongside tramadol (for the time being) whilst i gradually cut the tramadol dosage down bit by bit each week? i've been avoiding bringing it up with the doctor for fear of her cutting me off them altogether. Another thing is, IS there actually a pain killer out there which is going to relieve my pain without me getting hooked on them? My accident was a year and a half ago, i fell 25 feet and had numerous injuries but there is a pain i still get in my back to this day which is crippling at work and the doctors can't understand what's causing it or what to do to help it. It's just a case of take painkillers day in day out. Like i say, Tramadol was the only one that seemed to work having tried, co-codamol and diclofenac before that. I just want some pain relief without having an addiction.
Hey Can someone help or a bit of advice would be nice im a 18 year old male been a bit of an idiot and taken tramadol for a replacement for alchahol as i was a big drinker and now im hooked been on them for 1 and half years my freinds mother got them for me of the internet on a regular basis unaware how addictive they are im taken 3 50 mg capsules a day and when i try to cut them out im experiencing terrible withdrawl symptoms unable to sleep sweating anxious and just cant seem to keep still its a nightmare if i had known they was like this i would of never gone on them i use to be a strong lad aswell but they seemed to have made me very weak i never did know they was a painkiller and was told they were high powered anti-depressants wich was good at the time because my grandad died and i was going through an emotionaly tough time.
I have also noticed my inteligence has faded im going a bit of a schizophrenic i think.
I am gonna go to the doctors see if he can replace them with something less more addictive and wean me off them because the tramadol are in capsules and it very hard to wean off them. Is there anybody here that has got off them and there life having got back to a stable state without thinking about these pills that would really encourage me to know that because i use to be a very normal young man i had the occasional p*ss up with my mates and would be after the girls all the time but since i have been on these pills my social life has really been affected because of my nerves so if any body could get in touch with me and has been through this experience it would really benifit my will power. And by the way if anybody is disgusted with the fact that an 18 year old is addicted to pain killers dont worry i am too i have had a pretty bad up bringing watching my Dad pop pills infront of me when i was a 9 year old kid so it just 1 of those things that happened you know.Im determined to be off these by end of January 2010.Any help would be appreciated. My prayers go out too all of you who is going through the same thing exspecially the ones on over 10 a day i cant imagine what it would be like for you guys. xx
Hey i posted a message above stating i was on 3 50 mg a day i have managed to get my self down to 1 a day now 50 mg capsule but i dont know what to do now because it being a 50 mg capsule there is no way i can taper the dose.
Would it be a wise idea to tip out some of the substance in the capsule out to wean my self off i actually feel pretty good as well dropping down to 1 a day 7 a week, my emotions and appetite for life is returning wich feels real good i was depressed for a few days having dropped the dose but i seem to be adjusting.
What has really hit me though is the fact i had been so stupid for so long taking these things when on the higher dose i just didnt care about my life and was completely unaware i had giving up on myself i recommend to anybody physically capable of exercising to lift some weights when the anxiety kicks in it really seems to beat it out of you i know sometimes the anxiety gets so bad you feel like running head first into a wall just to put your self out of misery lol. If i went cold turkey from 7 a week would i experience bad side effects i tried going cold turkey before having been on 21 a week it was horrible. i go through the whole day now with out 1 where as before i needed 1 for the strength so im really proud about that i now just take 1 about 6 hours before bed which knocks me out well so if someone could let me know if there is an over the counter drug that will make me feel more comfortable during the side effects i live in the uk i heard st johns wart is good for the restless legs is this correct ? I dont suffer with any pain so i dont need to replace it with another pain killer i just would like something for energy and well being while going through the side effects.Please let me know if you have any ideas.
I have been taking tramadol for a while now and I have been addicted to pain meds all in all for about 8 years. I am soooo tired of relying on pain meds. All I want to do is get off of them. I have a heart disease and the tramadol does not help at all with my fight on overcoming my disease. I tried today to not take any tramadol but by 5pm I was having soooo much pain I caved and took 4 of them. I need help on how to get off of them. I am a mother of 3 boys and a wife. I also work a full time job and am in college. I need help. Which is better to quit them cold turkey or wean off of them??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
your best bet is to ween off of them...cold turkey is first of all horrible with tramadol (I tried 3 weeks ago and was horribly sick)  Your best bet is to taper...AVISG on this board could help you with a taper schedule..with cold turkey you are in danger of seizures as a number of people have experienced them  but your doctor didn't tell you that, huh?

Jim
wow were to begin i have been on ultram for now three years i hate it with a passion ! but i love it ! the energy ,the feeling good ,the not worrying about anything .I STARTED ON TRAMADOL WHEN MY DOCTOR TOOK ME OFF OF LORTAB THATS WHAT THEY PUT ME ON 100 A MONTH I WAS TAKING 12A DAY THEN MORE AND MORE AND FINALLY I TOLD MY MOM AND MY HUSBAND I NEEDED HELP GETTING OFF THEM SO THEY TOLD ME I COULD AND THRU THEM AWAY ! I CRIED AND CRIED CAUSE I HURT SO BAD I STARTED DRINKING AN ENERGY DRINK CALLED REHAB LIKE 4 TIMES A DAY AND AFTER 2 WEEKS I FELT BETTER ! THEN I WENT 5 MONTHS ULTRAM FREE THEN ONE DAY I GOT INTERNET AND FOUND A WEBSITE WERE I COULD ORDER THEM 180 FOR LIKE 140 DOLLARS AND I KEPT ORDERING THEM TILL I HAD LIKE 10 BOTTLES AT ONE TIME ! and when i would get down to 6 bottles i would freak !!!! SO CAME THE DAY I DIDDNT ORDER ANY MORE AND STARTED GOING BACK TO DOCTORS    ................ AND NOW IM AT THE POINT OF TAKING 32 A DAY I HATE IT AND TODAY I STARTED READING THIS SITE AND I REALLY AM NOT ALONE BUT I FEEL LIKE I CANT DO THIS I AM SCARED ! I HAVE A VERY ADDICTIVE PERSONALLTY AND NEED HELP I HAVE THREE BABIES AND NEED TO BE HERE FOR THEM I DONT WANNA DIE FROM THIS DRUG ITS CRAZY AND THE SAD THING IS AT WALMART ITS ONLY $4.00 FOR UP TO 90 PILLS THATS CRAZY ! WELL ANY ADVICE AR SOMEONE TO TALK TO WOULD REALLY HELP ME MAYBE LOST IN ULTRAM ! HELP
Day 3 of coming off 300mg. a day for 1 year. I wish that I could sleep normal again. I find myself taking 2-4 tylenol pm at night with no success. I shouldn't say NO success, for I get about 30min of sleep and then wake up not to return to slumber. Over the last 3 days I have had about 6 hours total sleep. I have 2 children so I cannot just give up. I wish I would have never started this crap. My family and myself deserve so much more than this. God give me the strenghth to make it through this.
I do not know if anyone still uses this post or not- but hoping so! I have been on trams for about 7 years, no one knows. I really want to get off them BAD. I need support, but do not feel comfortable telling my mate or anyone. I feel like an idoit for starting or getting to this point. I geuss I am turning here for support. I have about 5 days worth left and do not want to re-up. I want my life back, I use to enjoy things, anymore I feel like I go through the notions.I have tried a couple of times to stop CT, but eventually go back. I have tried to tamper off, but find reasons or make excuses to go back up. I REALLY need some support and advise on things to do. While reading through this post it started to make me shake and feel like I am withdrawing already; very strange reaction. Does anyone know of another support group via online? I think I am ready for the first time in my life to quit for good, but know it is going to be hell. If any one can be a support buddy that would be awsome!!
There is a wonderful thread called Emily Post's tramadol recovery room that has many people in the same siyuation as you.
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/162560
Oh my I feel like you all know me more than my on family.  I have been on tramadol for three years now and I take double my dose and I take them everyday and I need them and hate them.  I need help, I want off.  I tried cold turkey but now I am starting to just ease off them and by start I mean today, I need support and I am afraid.. Here is my e-mail, anyone I just want rid of this problem.
Hi all, i wrote a comment on this site on the 13th March telling you all the history of my illness (Lupus/Kidneys/Total Hip Replacement etc) and that i had a good five year history with Opiat based drugs. It is now 10 days since i last consumed any form of pain killer and i feel so free and alive. I cant realy belive how my life feels. I have far more energy and feel so much happy its great stuff thanks to the folk on this site. Yes it was all done thanks to the comments folk posted on this site that gave me ths will to see them horried days of cold turkey through, it was hell. But for those out there that are going to go through the sleepless nights, water running from the eyes feeling very low and flu symptoms i just want to say that its hard but belive me its worth it in the end.

My advice is to stock up on as much fruit and veg eat yourself stupid( even if you dont feel like eating) with all the healthy stuff and get a good detox tea that was great for me as it got rid of all nastyness quickly as i was always on the toilet.
Another think get yourself a box of disolvable parras( for the quick pain relif you might feel when detoxing like flu aches), hayfever tabs(helps with the skin riddles, very good) and some natural sleeping tabs(these can sometimes make you feel tied and sometimes if looky get you back on a sleeping pattern quickly once the worst is over).
Another big tip if you have a family and you are planning on going to bed the same time as your lady/hubby think again dont even  think of having a sleep pattern just get yourself a blanket and lie on the couch. This way you will not upset the person close to you as they will become more tierd due to you restfullness. Get some DVDs in and plan to stay up and watch some late night TV, this will help and you will soon wake up with the sun in your eyes.

Thanks for listening and take care.
Good luck
My boyfriend is hooked on on Tramadol. He is trying to quit. I have never been addicted to anything so I am trying to learn everything I can about the demons of addiction. It is very painful for him he made it 1 1/2 days with out any going cold turkey. Then he guilted me into going to ther er and getting more meds for him. I ended up getting darvocet. He calmed down and was not in so much pain but he is taking them like it is candy. He needs to get off of this stuff. I need help I don't know how to help him. If anybody has any suggestions that would be really great. (I WILL NEVER GET HIM MORE MEDS AGAIN!)
I love him very much and it is very painful to see him go through this so I can only imagine how painful it is for him. I just don't know how to help him. He is just pushing me away from him and I don't know how to deal with it. Any advise would be great!
He needs to talk to a doctor.  I have been off tram for a little over a month, and it is very difficult to do alone.  A doc can give him some meds to help the WD so that he doesn't have to keep taking things like darvocet.  There are better meds that will be more helpful!

Good luck!!
You might also want to "Post a Question".  This is an old thread!  
Hi, I have been on tramadol for over 3 years...I take 5/6 aday but am dependant on them for the energy they give me. I can have my house perfect within an hour, do any chore and play games and have fun with the kids. The moment I stop taking them I ache like crazy, I cant sleep at night but Id be able to sleep all day. My kids are young so sleeping in the day is not an option. Coming off them, for me, I find unbearable. I havent the energy to move and have to plan simple tasks like "brushing teeth" in advance. Tasks that use to be just simple and every day life, without Tramadol, now seem impossible. I dont know what to do. I dont remember what feeling "normal" actually feels like anymore :-( When I take Tramadol, I know Im going to be full of energy and happy happy happy. When trying to go cold turkey I feel depressed and just want to lie down and not move or talk to anyone. It feels like the worst hangover ever and I always cave in. :-(
Getting off Utram is a piece of cake and when I was takeinfg five 10mg of lortab thats what I was put on. only after Suboxone nearly killed me, be very carefull of that and methadone. Its just like youve just switched to a worse habbit really.
I'm working on getting off of 200mg ultram er a day.
So far I have to 50 mgs left. I am breaking them up and
taking them whenever I feel unbearable. Is this just dragging
things out, or will it help me? I've been offered suboxone,
but the last post says it isn't good....any thoughts?
Is claritin allergy stuff ok for the skin crawlies.
And any help with the all over body flailing thing would
be much appreciated....
MY MOTHER TAKES TRAMADOL FOR A CHRONIC THUMB INJURY AND WAS TOLD THAT SHE WOULD ALWAYS BE ON PAIN MED BUT WE DON'T WANT HER ON THEM AND WEN SHE DON'T HAVE THEM ITS REALLY BAD NOT ONLY FROM WITH DRAWS BUT HER THUMB STILL HURTS REALLY BAD WHAT DO WE DO????????
wow what an evil drug is tremadol i have been on 400mg alot of the time 600mg a day for 2 years and this is my 3rd day off them and well #### me this is so hard i truly understand what you all going through and i feel sad for any 1 trying to quit this drug cold turkey my whole body is trembling and the aching is unbearable i cant sit for 2 seconds and i definetly cant lay down for sleep i feel like i am going crazy am so depressed and even break down crying at times but i know that in another couple of days i will start feeling better (so cant wait ) and so will yous.. i see that some of yous are trying xanex they will defenitly help you sleep and calm your mind but be carefull cause they are so so addictive aswell i was on them for 7 years and guess how i got off them? yep tremadol, anyway good luck to you all i wish you all the best in your road to recovery to get off this evil drug GOD BLESS  
Hello, I was on Tramadol for three (3) months...  I was taking 50mg tabs 6 times per day.  I finally figured out at the end by my family that I was a different person & my wife thought I was loosing my mind...  Wonderful news to hear...I stop taking them and I went through the worse flu ever...vomitting, dirreah, cramping in every muscle, headache, nausea, dry heaving, etc...  During this process I told myself I am a very strong person who has endored a lot worse in life than this and I will make it.  It takes a lot of "Will Power" to get through this and I am living word it can be done.  It is not easy at all!!!  I pushed myself each and every day and kept moving to make sure I was getting all of this out of my system.  I finally said the **** with this and worked out for one hour in which I sweated my *** off...After I was done I felt like a million dollars then about 3-4 hours later I felt like Rocky beat me up.  The next day got better...but I told myself to keep moving and keep trying....During this process I was taking lots and lots of vitamin supplements as well as herbs that are in capsule form.  I went the hollistic route.  I did not want to be hooked on any type of prescription medication.  On day 11 I started to feel normally, about (98%).  On day 12 I feel 100%.  But who knows what tomorrow will bring???  I am keeping a positive outlook and I know it will only get better and better.  What I did learn during this process that I actually experienced short term memory loss.  My wife would go over things with me during the time I was on Tramadol that I have no recolection of, at all.  Trust me, when I say, "You do not want to stay on this medication!"  It will give you all the energy in the world; however, it will change your personality and it could have a lot of other negative side effects.  It is like waking up out of a fog or dream once you are clear headed and stable.  I hope this post helps at least one person.  I am sorry for any spelling errors.  I hope everyone has a good day and just hang in there!!!!!

T/C,
The Person Who Is No Longer Super Man (TPWINLSM) :-)
Im matthew hay ld like to day that l had a car crash and was given tramadol as a pain killer in hhospital and when leaveing hospital l kept takeing tramadol and ending up takeing as much as 10 100mg tablets to feel normal l was at a point where it took over everything but one day l went cold turky and l mean l had every rough situation you could think off but l got threw it it took me 4 days to realise l wont die and 6 weeks to feel better 3months to get sleep l looked like hell it can be dangerous to some people who cant or have no will power the main thing is drink lots of fresh water to clear toxings
i got shot 5 times and then started pain killers first i started on percocets and then i went to India because that is where i am originally from i could not get percocets there so the doc gave me tremadol and i have been taking it since and i am up to 10 a day and its been 6 months and i want to stop every time i try to stop i feel sick and flu like and my hole body hurts i want to stop please tell me way good way if there is one out there..please excuse my english my grammar is really bad.
Hey, if you will talk to your doctor about a taper plan to get off of it or slowly reduce the amount you take, that is the best way.  And if you will go to the top of this page and hit "post a question" in green, and type your question you will get lots of help.  This is an old post! : )
I am getting off tramadol now so I was curious if you yall could tell me if this tapering way will work so I don't feel any withdrawl effect 6 pills for 2 days then 5 for 3 then 4 for 3 then 3 for 3 then 2 for 3 then 1 for 3 then 1/2 for 3 then none.  thank you for you feed back
I just wanted to start off by saying Thank you for all the advise to help with the detox process.  As I started reading(2 hours) I have felt like there is hope.  I also, have three daughters that are pretty young and I have really just been too afraid to quit without having an adult here with me.  My husband is now aware of how bad its gotten and he is totally on board and i KNOW will help me!  This is the first time I have ever been on pills, drugs etc.  It's way too easy to buy online!  I have told myself time time again that this is the last six I'm taking but as soon as I don't have them I start feeling like total crap.  I felt my kids were (are) the ones being punished and I want them to know their real Mom before its too late!!!!!  Any helpful advise is much appreciated!  Sincerely, Mom of 3 girls'!
Hi momofthreegirls - and welcome!!

Congrats on deciding to quit!  I just wanted to mention that if you start a new post (post a question) you'll have your own thread and it will be easier for members to respond to you.  This place is so great for support so again welcome and I wish you well!

Feel free to ask me anything - tramadol was my DOC for over 6 years and I promise you there is LIFE after tramadol - and a better one than you ever thought possible!

:)
I'm on day 4 of tramadol cold turkey withdrawal. It has been hell to say the least and I used most of the thomas recipe to help. It really helps if you can get yourself some diazepam for the RLS and sleep, however I never got more that 2hrs sleep max even while on them, now however I feel like I have full blown influenza, that was my cover up initially but I didn't think it would actually happen?! any ideas as to why I'm feeling like this? My throat is sore, running a fever, shivers, congested chest, etc. I went straight down from 500mg a day to nothing...The worst part was the stomach cramps and the total and I mean total lack of energy...Insomnia is also a serious problem, as that is when the body has the full chance to repair itself...Other than that its been a rough ride and luckily I was only on them for about 9 months. If anyone ever reads this the drug should be banned completely. Doctors saying its totally safe and what not is bull crap!! Good luck to anyone on the same path, I had to take a week off work just so I could quit, just remember that seizures pose a major problem when doing CT and those susceptible to them should taper to a really low dose and THEN quit CT. I've found that the flu could be the body "resetting" itself. Good luck and God bless! :)
hey..whats up,.i heard that you need tramadol,,right??you know i can help you about that.,for a much cheaper medicine,.you can have it to your door..just i e-mail me ***@****.,dont worry guys,.this is fda approved and us manufactured..
that was freaking cold!! thats nothing to even joke about!
First Congrats on your choice! I hope you can and will do it! Its hard but u can! I am 4 days clean from tram and lortab. Well actually 6 days clean from lortab and 4 day tram. I would take the tram to pass the withdrawls from the lortabs. Anyway its not that hard if you want to DO IT! I for one never want to see another pill in my life! This is my second time around and my very last. I have about lost my family not once but TWICE! I will not loose them over something so stupid!
If it cant make us all feel good then there is no room for it in my life!! But today is day four compltly clean and im still weak and my head is a little cloudy but if you want to do it its ok to feel that pain to show us what it does to our body!
For however long we take it our bodies are running on nothing but fake energy! I learned in rehab the first time around (did it at home this time) that your body has to relearn everything where the drugs have blocked the normality out! Your kidneys/liver have to wake up and they hurt like hell for me the first time around. The first time i was on them for about 2 years, about 15-20  lortab 10's a day never without at all! But i got them prescribed so that held me over for a little while. then buy them off the street! this time it was only 5 months and THANK GOD THAT I GOT BUSTED BECAUSE ITS NOTHING BUT DISASTER IN THE LONG RUN! I HOPE ANY WORD THAT ANYONE HERE SAYS TO YOU WILL HELP YOU IN ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK AND JUST REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT! DONT GIVE UP!
I'm taking about 600mg a day of tremadol and I'm finding very hard to come of it.. I need help.. Pls..
I just started taking xanex and have dirreah will this wear off as my body adjusts??  Thanks :)
Hi all. I ran out of my tramadol on my 40th b day the other day, and thought...let's get off this crap! It is day 2 and I feel like total crapola!!! I had to call in sick to work, and have the next 3 days off, but I am soo afraid of going back to work with out it. I work with the public in sales, and can't even imagine dealing with people with out my "happy pills" I have grown to call them. I am one of the lucky ones, I have no children, I just bought a brand new house with my fiancé, and life should be great, but there is this looming secret of my drug addiction. My fiance doesn't know, nor does any of my other family members. Please, if there is anyone out there who can help me get through this, I would be ever greatful!!!! Going to work is my greatest fear. How do the rest of you do it? How do you peel your *** out of bed, and face the world without it? I do not know if I can cold turkey it, I takraround 14 to 16 of these damn pill a day!!!  I think I will want to punch a customer in the face!! That is not good...this weening thing, does it work? Or is it just an excuse to keep taking them? Is cold turkey better? And where do I find this Thomas recipe. I do not know if I can even make it to wall greens for stuff. Does anyone know if BCBS covers rehab? I have a docs apt. On Jan. 24. I think it is time to tell my doctor, friends , and family, but I figured I would start here. It has been a great relief just to be able to write this down, and document it. If anyone out there is reading this, any response would be great. Just to know there are others out there is a tremendous support. I have to go now, I am feeling quite awful. I hope I can do it. It is my first attempt, and hopefully my last!!! Thank you all for listening.
Hi , I been having tram for a wk mabe 8 or 9 days nw on 150ml a day, and was worring how long it would take to do the cold turkey cos it does make me ill already if i dont have it.
I quit cold turkey off of loritab and tramadol. I am not sure how many I was taking a day however I can tell you in two weeks I made 33,000 mgs disappear. I was taking 50 mg tabs of tramadol and loritab 5s. That is a lot of pills I know. I had 60 pills of each. Anyways it took me about 3 weeks to detox but like I said I was on a lot at a time. Everyone is different so I am not sure what to tell you to expect. I wish you look though in detoxing.  
I am confused, I tramadol was not supposed to get you high??
sounds like you know what your talking about....I am on day 4 of not taking up to 700mg a day of tramadol...I have not had body ache but my energy level is horrible and it frustrates me to no end. I'm wondering how long this lasts. I force myself to get things done around my house and take care of the kids daily but god...it makes me want to use so I can function. Haven't yet, I do have a pretty healthy mind set but it's hard. I have been taking b12 vitamins, drinking a ton of vitamin water, acai vitamins and ambien at bed time. I suffer from restless leg syndrome anyway and have experienced waking in the night with almost a restless body syndrome but have re continued the use of my non pain prescribed medication for that. I don't know if things are going to get worse before they get better but wouldn't it have started already?
Thank you!! I have on Tramadol since 2008 because I injuried my back and ended up having 3 major back surgeries. Yes I still stay in pain but I am also tired of taking Tramadol and many other medication's . I am going to try what you have suggested. Hopefully this will work for me. Thank you again!
I am trying to get off of tramadol as well, I also have the restless leg issue.  I find that if I take a high quality calcium/magnesium supplement along with Folic Acid, it calms it WAY down!  Also, for the "crazies" when you're not taking tramadol and trying to quit, Xanax (also called alprazolam) and Vitamin B1.  Vitamin b1 by itself is a miracle!  Takes about 30 minutes to an hour, and I take 100mg of it, couple times a day if need be.  The pain/exhaustion/shakes/depression/fear/anxiety/dread/anger crap that tramadol withdrawal gives you is THE WORST.  Much worse than when I quit smoking 12 years ago cold turkey!  Hang in there! Please hang in there, I need you for my own inspiration!  I even stole from friends to get the drug when i was out, it's a wicked, wicked thing.
THE most addictive drug! Ween yourself down as far as possible. Go to the Doctor, tell him you hurt your back. Get at least 60 750 MG of Vicodin. Take 2 every few hours. Get 120 Valium for sleep. Throw away the Tramadol. You'll be off in a week.
Ok this is how you get off tramadol. I been on Tramadol for 3 and a half years .I been taking alot over the course of those years .I woul omtimes take atleast almost 15 on sum days and sum days only 10 or 8 .But gotta tell ya this .I got to the point one day cause after my doctor gave me 240 that was suppose to last me 40 days I ran out on day 20 . I was not in this experience alone cause my wife really liked them too to help get up in the morning and throughout the day .Tramadol withdraw is a challenge and when you get down to that last half or 1 pill you been saving to find another option in your head cause sum of us dont have connections and cant be honest with our docs so we will do anything to get out of wthdraw like taking a trip to buy kratom and spending alot of money on extracts and whatever those headshops are selling to ease the withdraw.Myself and my wife were so antsy on day 1 and bought kratom and it helped alot with the withdraw but as soon as it wore off the sneezing and going to the bathroom was back and not to mention alot of brain zaps that we all hate.So I was lucky got a hold of a friend on day 3 when the sweats were not going away and my friend gave me 3 suboxen and a strip of suboxen that came in a packedge . After 36 hours of not having anything in our system I only took a small piece put under my toungh and she did too and we were back to normal .I was able to streatch the subs out alot made alot of pieces and was able to cutt he strips up so I could streach out the supply.I noticed that wow I was on day 5 without tramadol at all in my system and the thought of wow going from 12 pills of trams to just sinking a piece of sub under my toungh to help this was way more healthy .I also had more kratom but did not take that until I ran out of the subs so I noticed On day 8 that wow I woke up feeling normal was eating better and sleeping better and not to mention the withdaw or the feeling of having to get up take tramadol on a daily basis was all gone ,,,But here is the thing help your self get through the withdraw with kratom it does help .Find a friend or doctor if you can to give you suboxen cause alot of docs wil say tramadol is not even controlled and non nacotic- but look it is a narcotic its just cheeper then most meds and sumthing needs to be open on the market so its easy for us type of people and the vast majority wont fill the ER'S with withdraws syptoms and and you will all be surprzed the people who have to take this daily alot of people like bankers judges and lawers from stress that they get daily and what happens when we have stress we hurt all over and need a painkiller or antidepressent so Tramadol has both painkiiler that produces morphine and antidepressnt and when are bodies get hooked on both of those its hard to fix what we done. So my sugestion is to get kratom for 36 hours and find suboxen and only take a few days of that meaning subs .then after you will be like wow ,Also alot of people will tell ya that you have to be on subs for a while but no you dont .The reason being is that were not hooked on H or oxycotton or perks vikes were hooked on Tramadol Ultram that has a mix of both feel good drugs that who knows may be stronger to sum people and sum perfer it over most drugs.I would not tell ya to do this cold turky cause it is really hard and been through it time and time again over the course of months and years running out early on ultram .Its a  withdraw real bad ,Cause the not eating thing and sleeping restlesness and just plain out bad sweats could poisen your body more.Talk with a doctor make calls also ask for savella its better then cybolta and that crappy lirica it will make you sleepy at first but after 5 days of that it helps as a normal antidepessnt and if you thinkyou still need help suck it up go t a clinic that has suboxen and methadone but you have to have opieds in you sytem first before you go there and may have to take a vike or perk before you walk in that place cause for tramadol the same thing it will not be in you pee and they have to see you been on what the goverment says is controlled,,Tramdol will not show up in you sytem only if the test requires to tset for tramadol.And tell them that you have a problem so they can help you .I also know that you have to find somone that can sign 4 you at the clinc saying you are on perks or vikes and been taking them really long just make sure its in your system befor entry to the clinc.And do not I mean do not take methadone ask for suboxen cause suboxen last good enough and if you think tramadol withdraw is bad think 20 times worse for methadone. I am just trying to help and wish you all luck and am praying 4 you all and I know its hard I was there 7 days ago and never thought that I would make it past dy 4 .But wow Im happy with only a few pieces of suboxen helped me beat that evil pill .I am happy to e free of it and what  has done to my life . cause One last thing dont go to the Er  they will laugh at you like me saying im on filnstones and I willl be ok lol and sen you home with colodine that will not help you and if you do go to the er tell them you are there for a med refill thats it.
How did you do?
I also have rls ( restless leg syndrome ) to the extreme and im 8 months pregnant. I was a Norco addict before pregnancy then told that tramadol was a safe alternative. WOW they were wrong. Granted I don't take 20 pills a day but I do take more then 300 mgs a day that I am prescribed. WELL I decided to just up and quit two days ago. Im so miserable . my legs are driving me insane and I cant focus on anything. I am going to try and taper off but then wut happens with my rls? I have only found that narcotics work for my symptoms but I desperately want to be a clean sober mommy. I have 3 boys and one on the way so these tramadols really seemed to help me get threw my busy days. I want to stop but have nooooo clue how. its depressing. Any advice?
This post is several years old so post this as a new question and I'm sure you will get some help.
I have been taking tramadol for a couple years now and I am addicted. None of my family knows either. Not even my husband. But the question that I want to know is has anyone had a seizure from taking these pills? I've been taking up to twenty a day and just recently out of nowhere had a seizure . My family is so scared that something is wrong with me and I don't know how to quit .
I have been on Tramadol for about 2years...I have lied to my husband and family and told them i stop taking it last year.  I was first prescribed for it for Fibromyalgia...(spelling?)  I have tried over and over to stop even cold turkey and it was horrible.  I am now going to try to taper off and am hoping by my birthday in March I will be completly off.  I do not know how it is anymore to be ME
thx  .I am trying to help my husband to get off.he tried cold turkey.did't work...i will try tapering off.any nutrition advices...his anger is off the hook...how long will it take to not desire the med completly..any ideas are welcome...he also smokes....there is lot of sugar cravings...he been on it for 4 yrs....thx so much...
Help how do I start to get off tramadol the safe way I have a whole proscription left I don't know how to start
i feel your pain man...i was taking 2 Grams a day at my worst...you will make it through be positive..i am on a daily regime of 400mg a day now...feel much better...you will be fine, just keep your head up