Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HELP with oxcontin smokine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HELP with oxcontin smokine

I have a son who has been smoking what I believe is oxcontin.  I  recently had back surgery and I was prescribed to them.  I walked into my bathroom and found tin foil burned with black and yellow residue.  I have visited many websites concerning smoking this drug, but have not found how it could be done.  I want to talk about this with him, but I dont want to sound like an idiot...going in blindsided and confused about what he is doing.  Please tell me how that could be possible, for I have never heard of it...or tell me where I could find facts about how this drug could be smoked.  Please help in some way..I am extremely concerned about my son.
Tags: Oxycontin
Yes you can. I know that for a fact. Because I have. popped it, snort it, smoked it, but never used a needle (that can also be the purpose it must be heated prior to use). Sorry to hear this, you are doing the correct thing by researching. I wish someone did it for me.

Good Luck and God Bless
I dont know anything about what you are asking but i would take all meds like that and lock them up right away.  Someone will be on at some point that should be able to explain this.  It is late for most people so keep checking back.  All the best       sara
I know you can smoke it.I never have but know people that have.I don't think it's a good idea to put it out here in the open forum how it can be done though.The fact that you know it can be smoked and you found some evidence that he might be doing just that accompanied by the fact that your gut is obviously telling you something is going on should be all you need to confront him.Go with your gut,it rarely deceives you.Like sara said it's late and more will be along in a few hours.Keep posting.All the best...Kim
Hey Im recently coming off an addiction. This site is not meant to trigger any abuse and describing the process might give people an idea they did not previously have. You can private msg me and I can answer any questions. Also I recently watched an episode of "Mtv true life, im addicted to meds", one of the boys shown in the episode was smoking oxycontin on a regular basis, and he did get clean. Either way its good that you are concerned.
Thanks slapperman and Trademup.  Not usually too many night owls on here!!!
My husband has been addicted for quite some time now. I've had a hard time with this. We have small kids and I've been trying to salvage what's left of my marriage. He also smokes this. My youngest daughter has watched him do it. I'm scared that my kids will think it's okay to do it since their father does it. I love my husband dearly, but I can't do this anymore. I'm torn. I don't want to give up on him, but enough is enough. I pray and pray that one day he'll get better, but I don't feel that that's going to happen. He's been through several detox programs and is still not better. I wish there were more people out there to talk to about this.
I smoke pills, the foil would have black lines all over it...track marks i call it, and a little bit of brown-orange-yellow residue.  Crack could leave a little yellow too....but if you have the perscription it probably are the pills.
When I use...well...hopefully USED to use...I would smoke oxys. And yes, I would use tin foil. The tracts will slowly get smaller as the pill gets smaller. If he is, you need to get him off those asap. I never thought I'd get addicted to them...the high isn't even that great. Cut to 6 months later and over $5,000 down the drain supporting my habit and my friends habit. I wish you luck with your Son...I hope he comes around, and if he needs it, gets the help.
If I were you I would buy a **** test. Every drug store has one. There about 40.00. Tell him to pee in the cup and get him into rehab asap, before he dies or goes to jail. This is nothing to play around with. Save your son. I will pray for both of you!
Jan
Yes it can be free based off foil thats what me and my friends used to do cause you get high faster...it think its more popular for young people to do it this way I quit six months cold turkey and I was 19-20 when I was doing it...just turned 21 and I wont even allow myself to drink...anyways im positive thats what hes doing... my mother questioned the foil to