Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
HOW DO I QUIT?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

HOW DO I QUIT?

I looked into what I was taking ... 50mg trazadone (just increased to 100), 60-120mg of phenolbarbatol, 10 mg of oxy. Last night I felt as if I was going out and felt funny. I have been experiencing depression, chest pains, shallow breathing, severe mood swings and anger along with waking up because I feel that I have suddenly stopped breathing. In the morning after an anger episode I feel ashamed.

I have a history of abuse as a child to just recently leaving an abusive relationship for the second time. I need to pull myself together and figure out how to function and deal with reality and hurt feelings that I have experienced most of my life.

These drugs have really bad withdrawl (withdrawal) effects and I need to know a safe way to stop. Please give any advice.
hey dident want you to think we missed you IK just sent a message to one of our resident experts on your doc she will be able to help you more then me
give here a wile but im sure she will respond hang in there help is on the way.....Gnarly
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Trazodone is an anti depressant so you need to take that eveyday until your doctor tapers you off.  I see it was just increased so you'll be on that for a bit.

Did the same doctor give you the barbiturate and opiate?  Call and speak with him/her on Monday. Just don't take all that together!!!  It DOES cause respiratory depression so...that's why you feel like this.

For now, I'd take the oxy ONLY when needed and the lowest dose possible of the phenobarb.

To quit:  You can stop the oxy. Stay on the trazadone, and slowly cut back on the phenobarb until you speak to the doctor.  

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Hi!  Gnarly sent me a message...

Be careful there...
Yikes!!

How did that post 8 times??????

I'm getting out of here and fast!
Vicki you are freaking me out.  And ignoring me.  BUT that's another issue entirely!

I used to be on all that stuff too, well, plus many others but.....anyway!

This stuff did that to me.  You feel like you're not breathing because your breathing is shallow....so shallow that if you're taking all that at once, you could be having periods where you aren't breathing.  I'd cut the oxy back to 5 or none.  Take the phenobarbital and trazadone as far apart as you can.  And also, as low as you have been told to go on MG of phenobarb.  That should help til you can talk to your doc.  Remember....ONLY as low as he told you, like 60 mg.  I am NOT, in any way, telling you to do anything that he/she hasn't told you that you could do.  That would be dangerous.

And call them first thing Monday! : )
doctor only put me on triazadone. the rest was self medicATED. i wake up in the mornings feeling like i have the flu until i take a pill. dont exactly know which one. i feel feverish and my body aches. i get headaches too.
i couldnt seem to deal with all the emotional turmoil in my life and these gradually seemed to help until i may have took too much. i felt as if i were going to pass out, and felt scared about sleeping. my body wasnt acting right.
it time to see a doctor about getting off with these drugs it is beyond the scope of a  home detox a doctor can take you off properly your not the first one to come to him/her thats been self medicating good  luck and God bless....Gnarly
Uh oh...okay.  

It sounds like you're going in to withdrawal between doses because your body is wanting MORE. That's not good because you'll take too much and end up feeling just as you did. I don't want to scare you but seriously now: you can kill yourself doing that!!   Those two drugs are dangerous together!

You can just stop that oxy right now! You don't need it! The phenobarb MUST be tapered or you'll really be sick!

As I've said: Call your doctor on Monday and ask for his help. This is serious now...don't mix the oxy with the phenobarb,okay?