Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Has anyone found that Soma helps with w/d

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I was wondering if its just me or if anyone else has found that Soma helps with the w/d symptoms.  I don't have the aches and pains or the sweating that I do if I go cold turkey without it.  I've done it both ways.  I've been keeping immodium, motrin, and soma on board and so far I'm not that bad.  Don't get me wrong, if the pills were in the house I'd be downing them but I'm not freaked and looking for any.
Soma coma's will help you sleep thats for sure
What's soma?
I too noticed they helped a bit. BUT...they are HIGHLY addictive also. I only tried a couple that a friend gave me to help me sleep.
I would not mess with them though, specially  if you have never taken a muscle relaxant... if you do I would check with a pharmacy and ask about any other meds you are on before you mess with them at all.

It is a very stong muscle relaxer and setative
I did not find that Soma helped me at all with w/d's. I felt nothing from them. I have a very high tolerance to drugs and that could be the reason. I took the 300 mgs.
Best of Luck
They don't help me sleep but they keep me from sweating and having the anxiety.  I haven't found them addictive at all.  I have no sypmptoms when I don't take them and I don't crave them like I do the hydro.  Thanks for the warnings.  I will be careful with them.
I see some people have said on this site that they found Soma to be addictive. I can only share my experience.  I have three severe spine injuries, for 20 years, finally a doctor put me on something for pain after 3 years of PT with no help.  Soma was wonderful for me.  I had a script for the 350 mg, 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours.  I took it for 7 years and never had any withdrawl (withdrawal) from it.  I never had a need to increase dosage and it worked,for the first time ever relaxed my muscles and spasms.  I will say that when you run out, you do have a feeling for just a day or so of "gee, wish I had a Soma", but it's no big deal and I don't know how much of that was because I wanted to be out of the pain too, and get some sleep.  Soma helped me to sleep. It was good for me.  But then all of a sudden a new set of doctors changed all of my meds, and said that Soma caused seizures, etc.  They put me on baclofen, flexerol,skelaxin, and then finally Tramadol! None of these worked for me, and Tramadol made me an addict when I had never been addicted in my life! Today is day 4 of c/t from tram. and it's been hell. But Soma was never an issue for me.  Another site www.rxlist.com shows a lot of people who had success with Soma as I did, and had the same trouble with their doctors not wanting to give it to them any more.  If your use is for detox from another drug I wouldn't take it though.  It might possibly make you transfer your dependence from one drug to the Soma. I haven't dared to even take my cholesterol meds, or Vitamins until I'm completely cleaned out.Although, I have wondered if pot would help, and it's more natural than these manufactured drugs.best of luck to you.
i'm late but if anybody ever reads this soma is more addicting then hydrocodone or benzos ..it's the most addicting drug that i've ever been on ..i look at heroin addicts and i think that is the only drug more addicted them soma
please never try soma ever
don't ever take soma ever! my friend's brother  was a crack/coke addict for over 10 years however he is able to stop for days at a time if needed..if i have no soma i can't sleep, have no control over urinary funcions (wtf),laugh all night like a nutcase for no reason and no i'm not on any other drug when i don't take the soma ..
Hi, folks,

Since this thread is more than 6 years old and the original participants are no longer taking part, we'll close it now.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button near the top of this page.  Thanks!

Claire

________________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.