Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Has anyone tried withdrawal-ease or a similar product, does it help?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been taking hydrocodone for over 2 years now, anywhere from 4-8 750's a day. I have quit taking them (or tried) several times.  Most of the time I did not make it past the 2-3 day mark, and the time that I did, despite all I had gone through, I foolishly came back to the habit a few months later.  I know that I have to kick the habit once and for all, I can no longer keep living like this.  My question is, has anyone tried withdrawal-ease? I have read about it online a couple times and was curious if it has helped anyone.  I know there is no magical elixir to get me out of the mess I have put myself in, but anything to relieve the symptoms so I can continue going into work without anyone catching on would be a great help.  I have tried the Thomas Recipe, which helped, and I may try again, but I still felt like a zombie crawling in my own skin.  And I suppose that may be inevitable.  And also what about methadone clinics? I have read that a lot of people think that you should just stay away because it can just cause another addiction, but can it help if you are truly committed to making a change?  Any advice would be deeply appreciated.  
I haven't tried that product but I did pick up liver cleansing herbs which I believe have helped. I'm closing in on day 3. Drinking a ton of Gatorade, following TR as much as I can. I would get everything if I were you since it helped in the past. Plus, I'm using the power of my mind to help by thanking my body for not giving up on me, especially my liver and also knowing that whatever my body does is only happening because of what I have put it through.
I don't think you need methadone. There are a lot of people here who know far more about it than I do. Someone will come along with great advice.
Hang in there, your not alone and you can do this!!!!
I went to my dr. and was 100% honest about my addiction, and this is what he gave me. It really worked with minimal side effects....
My dr. put me on a lot of meds. Prochlorperazine 10 MG tab.....Clonidine HCL 0.1 MG......Dicyclomine 10 MG.....Ranitidine 150 MG..... Xanax 0.5 MG.....And Robaxin.....but he also had me cut back the MG of Percocet I was taking daily. It worked for me!!!!!!!!
A former neighbor of mine wanted to get clean and went to one of those methadone clinics you speak of and now about 8 years later he is still going. It takes a big chunk of his paycheck and it forced him to move back in with his parents. It honestly seems like a scam to me because he is not getting better and they just keep taking his money on a weekly basis.

You might try a taper system. I am about 2 weeks into one and so far it's working for me. Still getting WD sides, but I am still functioning.

good luck!!!
HI welcome to the forum.....your habit dosent justifie going to a methadone clinic I was at one 6 1/2 yrs and if somone was to offer me any I would run the other way.......the withdrawals are brutal and lasted 90 days for me
so unless your slamming a needle in your arm or eating 25 pills a day stay away from methadone it a monster to break free from........as for the withdraw ease we have had members try it with limited success its expensive for I ....go a head and use the thomas resipe its proven to work and affordable you can also use the amino ascid protacal stick with us here will suppoert you as you go threww this good luck and God bless........Gnarly
Methadone isn't for a you.  That would be trading a nasty but small problem for a VERY nasty LARGE one.

There are things you can take that will cut a lot of the wd's down and make them more tolerable.

Immodium with keep your stomach under control and also helps a lot with WD symptoms.
L-tyrosine in the morning (200mg)  It's an amino acid that metabolizes into dopamine and other endorphins and helps with energy and anxiety, depression.
Take a good multi vitamin with all the B complex vitamins,  helps absorption of aminos, rebuilding of the liver,  and reducing stress

Take a vitamin C supplement as well, 500-1000 mg  detoxifies the system, and lessens cravings for drugs. Supports many body systems.

You can take 5HTP as well, 100mg 3x/day. metabolizes to serotnin and helps with anxiety and depression, as well as PAWS, it can eliminate you suffering from them all together.
Keep hydrated, drink gator aid or another electrolite replacement.

You can buy that stuff at walmart or other places that sell vitamins and that stuff.
You should feel ok and be able to work without feeling too crappy.
Ok I've been a heroin/oxy contain user since I was a senior in high school, 2007, the last time I sniffed anything was like 2 months ago and went to suboxone because it last longer and I don't have to tell my boss every hour I'm going to the bathroom to sniff heroin, oxy etc I've been getting down to little pieces of suboxone and just ordered withdrawal ease according to them it will be here in 2 to 3 days if this is a scam to steal people's money when going thro extreme withdrawal depression and anxiety pains everywhere that's terrible it really is idk how u can do that to people and have that on your conscience, but I'll come back and give u guys my results from the product  if not effective may karma hit them harder than it hit me for stealing and going to jail for a yr I got u guys, and by the way Eminem is the best musical artist of our generation listening to the album Recovery will motivate u