Healing the Addicted Brain
Did anyone watch Dr Phil yesterday? It was a show about addiction. There was a lot of great information. I watched it last night. He suggested a new book to read....HEALING THE ADDICTED BRAIN.  It is supposed to be a great book. I ordered it today. Just wanted to pass on the info if anyone else wanted to read the book.
Thanks for the info.  I wish I had known it was on, I would have liked to have watched it.  I was hopeful when my Dr. told me that it takes about 2 months for the brain receptors to start functioning on their own after detox.  All the info we can get on this disease is helpful.  

Ella
Well, I'll have a look at the book (first thing: the credentials of the author/authors ... but, please -- "Dr. Phil"? The thought of enduring more than ten seconds of that greed-driven, bloated pop-psychologist and his freak-show makes me want to send out for a couple of cases of beer to wash down a few oxy's, followed by yelling at a suffed mallard for the rest of the night ...
lol  That was good.  

Still I would like to know if he had anyone with cridintials on who shared good information.
  I like to watch the show Intervention, it's reallife and interesting to me.

Ella
I do believe in the fact that the brain has to heal...and granted...maybe nuttin helps it but time..but when u have the choice and u feel really doomy...hey!  why not try some safe supps or aminos...dunno...may even take over the habit of the pills we felt we had to take around the clock...I will look into it
Loved your comment about dr phil! ha ha ha

Anyway, I saw that show and the book looks intriguing to me. the guy said that our brains are damaged after long use of opiates, and there are some quick ways to get our natural endorphins back, I think the writer is also pro suboxone too, I will get the book, only because I need all the help I can get, from this site which helps a lot, to meetings, and books, etc. need lots of help here! lol