Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Help, I haven't slept in 4 days!!!!
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help, I haven't slept in 4 days!!!!

Hi everyone.  I had a one year addiction to Dihydrocodeine.  The last 4 months I've been on Temgesic (Subutex), only 3 (.2 micrograms) tabs a day.  The last week before stopping I was down to 1.5 - 2 tablets.  I went cold turkey off of the Temgesic 4 days ago and have barely slept at all!!!!  I actually feel OK during the day, I can function and I can make it through this, but now it's 5am an day 4 and I still haven't slept!!!  I know I can do this, but how or when am I ever going to be able to sleep????  I refuse to take anything like xanax to sleep, I want to do this as naturally as possible.  Having said that, is there anything somewhat natural I can take (ie.  NON prescription) that will help me to sleep??  Or if I have to ride this out, when will the restless leg syndrome finally go away???  I'm exhausted and sometimes I fall asleep but wake up 10 minutes later with horrible restless leg.  Please help!!!  

Thanks so much,
Kiera.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Have you tried Melatonin?
Blank
melatonin, valerian root, l-theanine plus a little tylenol pm worked like a charm for me.
Blank
Dont feel alone, I havent slept more then 4-5 hours in at least a month! I know its horrible but its just gonna take time, & yes melatonin might be a benifet for you? Some people it works for & some it doesnt. But give it a try, you may have better luck then I did. Penelope
Blank
401095_tn?1351395370
There is a liquid mxture of tryptophan and melatonin available...i did not try it but saw it online when i goodgled liquid sleep formulas...seems like it would work fast being a liquid as well...supplements taken at night like theanine, cal/mag, 5htp, gaba can help as well...getting your house to a real cold temp can help slow your metabolism and help a bit too...good luck..sleep is so important to feeling good i know
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...