Help! I'm scared
I have been addicted to Vicodin for over 3 years.  I have been weening myself off.  I was taking 3 Vodin HP's mg ten times daily.  Now I am taking regular Vicodin one every 3 hours.  I have 2 left!!!  I have to stop....how can I make it through?  No one in my family knows.....what can I take to help?  Thank you.  How long does it last?
How long did you taper for? Many here have come off the vicodins and sucessful. It's not easy at first, but so worth it to be free. Generally the worst is over in 4-6 days, but not everyone is the same depending on how long and how much too.

If you look in the top right of this page, you will see health pages. In there you can find the thomas recipe which has helped many ease w/d's a bit. Hang in there, you can do this.
Thanks....I hope I can do it!!!!  I will be done in about 6 hours.
Hot baths can help too. I have used melatonin to help with sleep and it worked for me. Forcing yourself out for even a 5 minute walk is worth it. You will get more advice soon. Good luck and congrats on doing this, believe in yourself.
You can always go to your nearest emergency room, or call 911.
congrats! you have made the first step. It will be like having the flu, but you can do it. Like gizzy said check out the thomas recipe and amino acid proctocol. post and keep posting, and read other threads. bananas or hylands restful leg for rls too. good luck !
Ok, with your family....if you decide not to tell them about your use (which I think you should if possible) then basically schedule the flu for the next 3-4 days.  Go grab some Nyquil, Motrin, protein shakes.  If you have those last two pills left, I would half them if you can and use them to get through the rough parts.  You can do this though!  Everyone on here knows EXACTLY what you are getting ready to go through.  We support you.  Stay on this sight, there are some sharp cats on here that will help guide you.  Get the Thomas Recipe and know that a much better road lies ahead.  By the way, I am on day 4 and the storm blew over (physically speaking) late last night.  Oh and for some reason, I clung to my Ipod like a life raft.  Music gave me strength, you might keep it in bed with you.  Good Luck!!!
Im on day 3, I flushed 58 vics 10mg down ... gone. because I knew it was taking over my life.

today is hard, but I am reading and I knwo tomorrow will be better... infact today was actually better than yesterday, so maybe it will be the same for you!
Hi!  Thanks for the kind words.  I can not sleep.  I am in pain and my legs hurt so bad.  I feel so out of it.  I am trying and it has only been 9 hours!!!!  Should I try to function normally?  Hnag with family etc?  When will I feel any better?  Thanks again.

Me