Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Help! My nostrils are on fire!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Help! My nostrils are on fire!

Someone tell me please!  I've gotten caught up into cocaine addiction, however, I'm not sure what I've been snorting.  My nostrils are burining now for 4 hours or more,  I don't know what to do.  I've not snorted for at least 5 hours, but my nost is driving me crazy.

I don't know what I'm doing.

Someone, please tell me what to do about burn, then let's take about my stupid decision.  I cant stand the burn.  Wat home remedy whill stop it?
You could try flushing your nose with water and maybe neosporin or vaseline will help. This is a remedy that only works sometimes, sometimes it makes it worse. Thats all I can think of. I been clean from coke for 6 days now. I did a gram everyday. It was hard to stop, I been trying for months. If you buckle down and just do it, it really isnt that bad. Hope this helps
Okay, but I'm house sitting and have been searching everywhere for anything that would relieve.

I didn't find vaseline or neosporin but fount an equate pain releiving antibiotic cream.

I'm on Fire!  Please help!
I think putting an ice pack on your nose would help.  If its really bad you should go to the ER or a urgent care.  Most of the time they are not judgemental and want to help you.  I know how painful that can be, try laying down with ice on your nose and see if you get any relief.  I just thought of something else -- if you can go to a sauna or buy one of those things where you breath in the humid fresh air.  
In all reality, if you dont want to go to the ER and none of these suggestions work, then see if you can ride it out. The after effects of cocaine can be awful, while they dont last as long as opiates, they are rough in their own way.  I went through it years back.  Are you wanting to quit or just get through this pain? If you want to quit, then remember this horrible burn and hope that it will deter you from using again.
No sweetness,

I'm in a vicious cycle.  Thats why I'm here.

First, I want to rid of this horrible pain.

Then I'd like to talk about the dumb *** I am.
Sometimes allergy meds helped me too. I dont know. Try taking some and sniffing water up your nose. Did you try the cream? Thats all I can really think of. Keep blowing it out and rinsing again. Sometimes theres just nothing you can do though.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were someone else!  Please help me relieve this pain.  I've expienced it before but never this bad!

Help Please!  Tell me something I can do!
About the ice pack.  Seriously, at first I put 2 ie cubes up my nose.  My nose isn't that big though!!!!.....So I melted them down to fit.  No relief.  What else can I do?
just a thought...try sniffing some milk up your nose..i know it help when you have too much hot sauce..it's all i can think of..
You're just gonna have to wait it out. Sounds like to got some bad stuff. I mean, if its really bad, you might need to go to the er. It's happened to me before too, and there's nothing you can do. I remember one night, it lasted all night. I kept trying to do more, thinking it would numb my nose, but it just made it worse. It didnt go away til I stopped using it. Try to get it outta there. Blow it, rinse it, then try the cream or vaseline. Thats all you can do
Man, I dont miss them days. Thanks for the post cuz I really felt tempted again today.
gonna try the milk, and gonnn get right back to ya.

Please stay here!?  Need someone.
How ya doin? Did that work? I've never heard of that before. I guess it works for hot sauce, so you never know. I just called sad, and she says milk works for everything, so I guess it cant hurt.
Sorry, my computer went down,  Is it any better.  I just called my local pharmacy and told them the symptoms and asked if there is anythign you could do,  they said other than applying a cold or hot compress, you should go to the ER.  I am online now if you need anything,
I am a painkiller addict.  I, however did coke many years back, and only seldom b/c I didn't buy it.  I did it w/guys that had it.  A coke *****?  doubt that because I consider one to sleep w/the man.

Okay..............sorry for TMI.

Anyway Dress Girl............On a couple of occasions, I remember my nose burning so bad after a few hours, that I was searching for OTC Sinus Meds.  I was told later that maybe it wasn't coke that I was given.  Maybe it was Meth, b/c Meth burns bad.  

If anyone reading this knows better, please help her and me.  I was confused at the time as to wat I was told that I was snorting.
You know that is a really good point.  I used both meth and coke and meth burns ten times worse than coke.  Maybe that is what happens. Either way with coke or meth, you just have to ride it out.  .  Please write us dressmaker to let us know you are okay.  
sounds like you got some really bad coke, maybe it was cut with drywall like some like to do. whether it's bad coke or not the nose will hurt afterwards, but if it's really bad coke it burns really bad. omg don't start puttting milk up your nose, wtf. i could be wrong here, but this should not last long, the pain usually goes away after awhile, so please stay off the coke.
I agree it sounds like the coke was a bad mixture of possible many things. My cuz got some with some type cleaning chemical in it. Ended up @ ER. Good thing has been clean since. Good luck but I suggest ER.
I didn't read all the posts but I'm sure someone suggested you get yourself to the emergency room. You never know what you may be snorting.

Jules
Sounds like some meth got in the coke somwhere along the line...not uncommon. Walgreens has a saline nasal rinse that would probably be the best rinse - then anything from vaseline to antibiotic cream will help you feel better.....
Well I was addicted to cocaine for 20 yrs and I tell u it is arelief to have a daily reprieve from active addiction.One thing I can say is thank you for reminding me what it is like!!
       I suggest snorting water up you nose that's what i used to do. Addiction keeps growin like a bad frig**monster and you switch to the pipe and then prostitiaion and then the needle it gets progresivly worse this disease. I would suggest phoning a help line and getting in to a detox. You already are reaching out this is a good sign. Stay strong My thoughts are with you Stay safe YOU CAN DO IT!! somebody somewhere loves you and wants there daughter, mother , sister back
I am not trying to hijack this post but do you mean people literally use drywall to cut it with? Like building a house drywall? Just curious...
Dressmaker....where are you? HOW are you?

I forget what they call it, but you can get it at the drug store.  You can ask the pharmacist .....it looks like a mini tea pot and you tilt your head and it flushes thru one nostril thru the other.....hard to explain.  I would use saline rather than water as it is a lot more harsh as saline is closer to natural body fluid.  My husband did coke and had every nasal spray he could get OTC. The Only one he used that worked is one you can get at "Savon/Osco drugs or maybe any drugstore.  It is a saline based spray with SPEARMINT NOT  MENTHOL !!  Called "Nasal Comfort.  spray every hour or so until it stops.  And, for god's sake.  Know what you are putting up your nose.  Thats scary.  Stay away from petroleum based anything.  Look for the device I told you about first.  I want to call it a spooner, but I'm sure thats not it.....lol.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nauty.......
It's a netty pot. Hope Dressmaker is ok.
I would not use vaseline b/c who knows what you snorted and if it has some nasty cut in it like lye the vaseline will seal it more thoroughly into your nasal membranes and cause them to become more badly burned lye eats down into tissue.

I would get a saline-only nasal wash/spray and flush it COPIOUSLY, or get in the shower and just snort the **** out of your nose with A LOT of water, for at least 15 minutes. and I would seriously get checked at the ED, tell them the truth, they will help you.

you don't want to have some nasty sh*t eat your face off -- go get checked!
WATER is THEEEE BEST CURE-ALL!!! Flush your nose out with water as much as you can possibly stand, THEN get some neosporin and Q-Tip it just around the edges, BUT NOT ALL THE WAY INSIDE YOUR NOSTRILS!!! ORRRRR, You COULD go to the ER and they can "FIX" you up real quick!? Just an idea, but probably the wisest for you right now. Where I'm from they typically do what they call "pack and load" the coke with meth, and that ALWAYS burns, however the burning from meth usually subsides after atleast 5 minutes, or 15 if the sh** is really good. I'd say you got some really BAD sh**, and you need to stay FAR away from your dealer, and from all dope for that matter. I'm not one to judge though. I used coke and meth for nearly 5 years. I've been clean going on two years now, so I've been right where you're at. This site is a God send. Rely on us, we'll help you kick this nasty sh**!!! Good Luck... =)
HOW IN THE WORLD DID I COME UP WITH SPOONER......LOL.  THEY SOUND SO SIMILAR.........HAHAHHAA.  NETTY POT.  THANK YOU.

NAUTY............
haha I was laughing when I read SPOONER too. !!? I thought maybe you were thinking of a "schooner" of beer or something??? Either way, that's funny...  
Hi!  I'm alive. Dummy me forgot login info, so sort of changed name.

Thanks everyone for the words of advice and for caring so much.

That was a trip from hell.

What finally helpled, besides the hours of agony, was some chap stick.  I beleive the insides of my nose was raw, and the breathing wasn't helping the burn.  So I took a Q=tip and coated the insides & it soothed it so much.

Once the burn went away from the nose, it then moved up between the eyes, then to the forehead, like a bad headache.  Maybe that pain was already there, but the nose was so bad that I didn't feel it.

Thanks again!

My dealer is my boss.  So I need to find another job to leave him.  At first he was giving it to me, thinking I would sleep w/him.  I didn't, so it stopped, so then I starting buying it.  Bad cycle.  Snort so you can work a lot and make a lot of money so you can buy coke to help you work a lot.
Am I understanding drywall, like ACTUAL drywall that you use in construction?
wow, your boss. I cant imagine,  what kind of a guy would do that, he sounds like an awful jerk. My situation is a little similar.  I work for a show on the Las Vegas strip and the artists there are always taking pain pills for their injuries.  They give them out like candy.  Most them arent really addicts, but I am and they just dont get that.  I worry I will need to find a new job too even though this one is perfect in every other way.
hi hun,i am new to this site.
what everyone is talking about is ,,,, (neil med) you can buy it at any drug store.
i get mine at rite aid..  its a nasal rinse,very easy to use.. i use it 2 times a day.
i had to go to the ears nose and throat doc, i was expeiencing nasal burning.
he gave a cat scan, didnt show anything except inflamation (inflammation) of the nasal cavity.
it gives you relief from the burning, i found the burning was worse when laying down.
I hope this helps.
take care and hugs to you.
yes, drywall as in construction.

do you really think those dealers are your friend???? eek!
I was a coke addict for years and pain pills and benzos too and I used to get the flaming nostrils too, sometimes nosebleeds too, making me wonder just what the **** had been cut with. But last time, I had pharm quality and I still got it. I used to drink Nyquil and take xanax until I would fall asleep and then the next day blow all kinds of crap out of my nose. But more recent, with pharn quality coke, the burn was worse, and I have surgery on one nostril for a birht defect so I know how it feels to feel stupid after doing it, but I always made sure I had some heavy duty pain pills on standby for when the flaming nostrils happened, or even just Soma to knock me out so I would not feel it. The next day they'd be sore but tolerable.
is this the same feeling as a sinus infection with the medicine making your nose so dry it burns and than is stuffy at the same time?
Hydrogen peroxide and q tip
Did someone also mention LYE to cut with?? Seriously I use this to make soap and if i even get a drop on my hands, it burns so bad I have to wash it off  ASAP! I have to wear goggles to because if you get it in your eye it can blind you. Please tell me this is not true.
yo. .i have the same problem right now. It *****. Makes me want to just die. Its not from bad stuff. everybody is tweakin lovin it but me because my nose is on fire.  Its not the cut.  this is fishscale and the burning doesnt start until hours afterwards once i start blowing my nose then i get migrane (migraine) headaches. Thats when. i wake up fine though the next day.  I just went to walmart tonight and bought a bunch of different saline rinses and sprays. the only thing that i found to work was benadryl and ibufrofen together. i have saline sprays and rinses now to try.
by Butterflyskull, less than a minute
Addiviated septum , I think it's called? Either wAy let me tell ya. U prob got ahold of some bad coke. U prib snorted goody powder or whatever they use to cut the coke w.  better flush it nose out w warm water then take a cue tip n put some Chapstick or neodporin in there.
A hot shower n how rag over scinuses sorry for spelling lol