Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Help, concern about falsely accused of forged prescription

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hello, I've been having back pain and insomnia since my surgery 4 months and was prescribed Percocet. My surgeon told me to see a PCP for more Rx and I did. I went to a family practice with 3 doctors and 1 FNP. Two weeks ago, the FNP prescribe me indocin, benadryl, and retin-a(other). None of these medications helped with my back pain and thurday 12/23 I saw the PCP again. I notified her medical assistant I still had the same problems and she spoke to me for a minute and said "I up your strenght". I really don't know who actually wrote my script since the prescription was check off by the FNP and a physician. She didn't even explain what she was giving me. Anyway, when I took it to the pharmacy, all of the medications was controlled substances, percocet, sonata, and diclofenac. I was shcoked but the pharmacist tech already scanned it and I trust the FNP. I always go to this same pharmacy and never had a problem filling my prescriptions and my disabled problem. The pharmacist was even willing to fill the diclofenac at the time. I decline and told her I would pick them up Monday when all 3 were ready and I this didn't fill right. Anyway, I left and thought about it... On Sunday, 12/26 I called my routine pharmacist and told her to cancel the diclofenac and percocet. I didnt trust this prescription or the pharmacy. I thought everything was good and I will pick up my Sonata on Monday. Well, Monday 12/27 came and a new pharmacist told me she had to verify all 3 of my controlled substances. I guess the pharmacist on Sunday didn't cancel the percocet/diclofenac or who knows. Anyway, the new pharmacist told me the doctor hasn't verified my prescription. I had enough and told the new pharmacist on site to cancel all 3 prescriptions. She looked very shocked and handle me back my prescription. I tored up the prescription immediately in the pharmacist face and she said "I didn't have to do that and could have went to another pharmacy" but at this point everything seems so "fishy" and they were treating me like a criminal. I was treated like I had a forged prescription but who knows since I really don't know who wrote that prescription. I figure I will never return to that FNP nor that pharmacy. I am paranoid right now. Its been 4 days... What should I do, hire a lawyer, will the police come knocking at my door. Prescription cancelled , never picked up, never paid for, and script tored in front of pharmacist face
if you didnt forge it then why worry? but if you are worried i would drive right over to that doctors office and ask to speak to who wrote the prescription. they will have a record of it. i work at a doctors office and have worked in medical records and they record everything on your chart.
Who accused you of forging this script?
Seems ok to me
Nobody officially accused me of forging but the pharmacist looked at me like I was a criminal and the doc never verified the script as of Mon. I didn't want to deal with them anymore so on Monday I told the pharmacist that I cancel 2 of the prescriptions on Sunday and if she didnt get the memo then, here it is again "Cancel all 3 prescriptions now". They put a label on it and I tored the script in front of her face and walked out. They never treated me like this before but I guess this is protocol for C2 Rx but I'm just going to find a new pharmacy and doctor. I'm sure everything will be fine but paranoid...Does doctors usually take so ong to verify
I am really confused ok the reason they were will to fill the dicfolnac is its not a narcotic . Have you been getting meds the last four months ? it sounds as if they were not going to fill the narcotics and controlled substances until a certain date because you still had active running scripts.So they needed to verify with your doctor the change in dose and the early pickk up.Have u tried calling the doctor ?
No, just the last 2 weeks from this doctor and she changed my prescriptions to different ones last Thurday 12/23/10. No, I haven't spoke to the doctor. I do not like how I was treated by that practice last time
so are u getting the same drug by two diffrent doctors or (did you? ) . If you got one script  and get another from a diffrent doctor before the other one ran out it dont think its forging they are worried about its most likely doctor shopping or it could be nothing it may  just could not fill until the others ran out .Everything most likely will be perfectly fine .Do you think you have become addicted to the pills?
My last refill for percocet was 10/19  and 12/09 for ambien and that was my plastic surgeon. My surgeon refused to give me anything else. He told me to find a PCP and I did 12/17 but this FNP isn't addressing my pain/insomnia effectively. On 12/17/10 she wrote me a script for indocin and benadryl. This didn't work so on 12/23/10 she wrote a questionable or I'm not sure who wrote it for sonata, percocet, and dicflonac. They would have refill dicflonac, sonata came in nx Monday 12/27 and percocet nx Thur 12/30. I was concern myself cause dicflonac and percocet are both pain medication and my routine pharmacist questioned me so I decided to wait. I realized now how ambien and sonata could conflict but the surgeon didn't give me any refills but the pharmacist didn't mention any of this so I doubt doctor shopping is the reason. Everything just seem so weird or lack of communication. I cancelled the percocet and dicflonac Sunday 12/26 because my back pain is feeling better. I went to pick up my Sonata on Monday 12/27 and she said she had to verify all 3 medications (I only wanted 1). I had enough, cancel all 3 meds, she handed my script back, and I tored it up on the spot. I figure I don't need this BS or there's something fishy w/ my doc and pharmacist. I am not addicted to pills because I never take them consistency or every 4-6 hrs. I took 2 percocets here and there when my pain was untolerable. Also, I'm proud of myself, an addict would have went to another pharmacy when she handed me back my script. I ripped it to prove a point since she talked/looked at me as if I was a criminal. I do not plan to go to that FNP or phamacist. I actually like my routine pharmacist but life too short to get up in who knows what...