Help! Coming off zopiclone
Started having sleep disturbances a couple years ago. With the stresses of school, have increases my use of zopiclone. Was on 3.75mg, then 7.5mg and up and down when possible to cut back or needed because of stress.
Finished my RX Dec 26 and have been without it for about 7 days now. No tapering. Symptoms have included rebound insomnia, intense anxiety that runs through my body and stresses me out when night time approaches. Nausea. No appetite. Depressed. Anxious.

Just saw my doctor and she gave me an RX for Zoloft (was on Trazadone but that stopped working). Also, back on zopiclone. 1x 7.5 MV tab for one month, then I will taper.

Is this the right thing to do? Or should I tough it out for another 7 days and hope I sleep again?

I have no drowsy feeling or sleepiness. That never comes to me. Or hasn't come to me since stopping zopiclone. Will this ever come back? Help!
You must taper the zopiclone as soon as you can - slow then down to zero (don't taper like crazy fast - do it nice and slow so your body gets used to each smaller dose). Do you really need the ssri? I was on this but it's not a too strong one but if you can avoid, it's always best :) zopiclone is not meant to be a long term thing because your body will learn to sleep only if you take the pill. This is why your struggling. But if you taper, you may find sleep doesn't come as well as if you took your normal dose but your body will start to sleep naturally again in time - the sooner you stop these the better / quicker you'll sleep naturally again. I used to use them only at times when I needed to sleep and I was still awake due to anxiety after like 2am. I tried to never get my body used to them I.e like addicted. Xx
Thank you Lola. Since I am this far, what if I took a half tab every 3 days now at this point? Last night, I was not anxious at all. My nightly routine has been exercise, hot bath, and sleepy time tea. For the first time in a while, I started to doze off.  I am surprisingly able to still function on very little sleep. Just no appetite, a little nauseous at time.
I am taking my sleep back.
Taper very gradually that's all I can say. If you start to sleep a little more, then that's a good sign and so continue until you get it slowly out your system. Best of luck :)