Help! Pain pill addiction.
Help... I dont know where to go.My husband is addicted to everything he does. In the past it has been crack, cocaine, and now gambeling, and pain pills. He has been to rehab, and I have tried everything begging, demanding, anything. Now we are back again, addicted again.... to pain pills (he broke his back). I have threghtened to leave, begged, everything. Nothing works. Now he went to buy soboxian off the street, because it's hard to get a DR to prescribe it to you. I dont know if that is a good thing, and i dont know if I can do this anymore. Anyone know anything about Soboxian? Is he going to be addicted to that now.. Is it just something New to be addicited to??
Suboxone is a drug used to kick opiate addiction.  I have heard good things and bad ...some say it's a miracle and some say it's a nightmare.  There are many people on the forum that have used sub. and some currently on it.  I'm sure you will get more responses, but I would never recommend it without being under a doctors care, but if he is going to take it, regardless.....maybe some out here can help.  Can you tell us more about him as far as what he is taking and how much per day?  that will really help.

Nauty.............
Yes suboxone is addictive, it should be prescribed by a doctor.  I used it to detox off of pain pills.....It helped with all of the w/d 's....

Tell your husband about this site, it may help him to express what he is going through.

Good Luck
cocobean
Very addidctive and with his addiction probs, may not be the best choice. Read up on it hard and off the street, not a good idea at all!!
HI there Welcome. You are in the right place...

Suboxone can be addicting if used improperly. There is less of a chance than other full agonist opiates like vicodin or oxy's.However getting it from a doc is not that hard.

Sounds like you need to get some help for yourself. Look into alanon or naranon.
Sub is OK, but get a doctor and taper it out quickly, 1-2 weeks. I was long term Sub user, 1st time 3-4months 2nd time 3-4 months, my opinion to long, its addictive and I couldn't beat it. At first you'll think its a miracle, and it does allow you to function, I went back on Hydro to get off Sub. then tapered Hydro. Day 6 today, chills almost gone, feeling good. Good Luck. Keep posting.
suboxone will it effect my parkinsons disease meds