Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Help me stop using Tramadol

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Help me stop using Tramadol

I have an endless supply of Tramadol...and cash to buy it.  I take about 20 50mg pills per day.  I wish to discontinue using.  How can I do this?  Will I be able to, say, decrease my dose by 1 per week...eventually getting down to zero?  Please help me with this if you know...thanks very much.  Tom

Tramadol is one of the drugs that can be potentially dangerous to withdraw from cold turkey. As you said, tapering is the way to go. You need to see your doctor and get a proper taper schedule and follow it.

When you decrease your dose and begin feeling withdrawal symptoms we can give you some remedies to ease any discomfort you may have.

Stick around. Let us know what your doctor says.