Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Help please

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Help please

So as most of you know my daughter and I and her father have moved for the time being to his parents so I can get off the methadone clinic and get clean for my baby. Well long story short me and her father aren't together. I broke it off he's just not who I thought he was really. All he does since we moved is smoke weed and tells me when I get out he wants to sell weed to make money while I work a full time job. I'm so over it. My question being I will be done with rehab end of September. Can I legally move back to the town which my daughter was born. I cannot afford it in la by myself. It's too expensive and I want to be near my family and support system. We have no legal custody agreement at all. I don't want to keep her from him but I want him to get it together and I need to be where I can afford to take care of my baby. What will happen if I do move? Will the judge look at me like a loser druggie mother just trying to keep her child away from the dad. I need advice. I'm really tore up right now and need a plan.
You will be way further ahead by moving closer to your family.  You will need the support and the father sure isnt willing to be that.  The courts wont look at you like you think Lynn.  They will see how you are trying to make a better life for you and your baby.  When you get to the treatment center this is something you should discuss with them and they will be able to help you also.  Focus on you and getting better.  Once that has happened the rest will fall into place~ Proud of you my friend~
Thanks Sarah I needed to hear that.
Exactly what Sarah said...I will just add that when you get to Flossy Lewis after detox, you will be with other women in your position or who have dealt with similar situations...they will be able to help you with this.

And I will echo what Sarah said about the judge not viewing you like that....he will see you for who you are and what you have overcome.

I agree with the above. Just focus on you and your recovery when you get there. They will most likely tell you this anyway. Take some comfortable clothes.You might want to call them and see what you can and can not bring. I know where I was they took the cell phones until we were almost out.I also put cash on a card. You will be just fine. The Treatment center can send you home with some good paper work that will be very positive for you and this situation.
Bless
I think that is is great that you are doing this for you and your child. A judge could only see this as a positive. You are attempting to get your life back, and build a better life for your child. Please don't worry about this. Focus on your recovery. I wish you and your family nothing but the very best!