Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Help with Drug/drink abuse

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Help with Drug/drink abuse

Hey guys,
My name is Laura, and I have been a user of the drug cocaine for three years now and I really want to stop as I know it's not doing any good for my body.
I have been feeling awful all day after a drinks binge and also, stupidly I had a line of cocaine which I promised I wouldn't. I feel ashamed and wish I hadn't done it. Now, I feel panicky, have huge feelings of anxiety, feel very very depressed, and have a fast pulse... these symtoms (symptoms) usually last all night really and then, the next day, I'll still feel really ill. This didn't use to happen. I wanted to know from other cocaine users, if the come downs get worse after longer periods of using? because of late, the come downs have made me want to quit.
I also wanted to know, for people who went cold turkey, how did you stop the urge to do coke again? Problem is with me, I get over excited and do it, never on my own, out at partys/bars/clubs.
If anyone could help with comedown advice I'd appriciate it so much.
I'd also be interested to hear about your cocaine experiences (the bad kind of course) as I really don't want to do it again. I am not an everyday user, it's at weekends, but still, for three years solid in my opinion thats just not healthy!
any advice would be fantastic, I really want to and will quit, I just need some help.
This all started when my best friend died in a car crash, I just haven't been the same since.

Laura.
I had a post ready to send and decided not to because I am trying to be more sensitive to others and reach out.  You are young and that is so hard to resist when your friends are useing.  You can see what it is doing to your mind and body and it will only get worse, unless you get free and make the "commitment" and have what it takes to say "no" then it is likely to only get worse.  Others will come on and post you advice and I hope you will take it.   Hugs to you......... and it's good that you realize what is going on ....  keep in touch!

Ella.
Thanks Ella for our advice. I feel totally panicky right now and my anxiety is sky high, it's scaring me... it always does this now and it makes me want to stop, I have to stop.
Most of my friends don't do coke, but I do secretly... and I don't want to do it anymore. I just want to stop and have a normal life.
It's gonna be alright I tell ya!  You know what this is and you know it will pass if you just do not give in.  Get some fluids in your body ( gatoraide ) or juices.  Eat, make yourself eat even just a little will help so much!  Go get into a really warm shower or bath.  Your body is trying to get rid of the junk and it takes time.  I do not want you to abuse it, but if you have a tranzene, cut it in quarters and take quarter every few hours, please do not abuse it.  it will help.  I don't know if you're having diarreah (diarrhea), but Immodium will be a blessing and will help that!
Ella
Hey thanks=). I have been drinking fluids, I just feel very panicky, achey (achy), and it feels uncontrolable at the moment, my head kills and Im all over the place. I have eaten and now I feel sick. I'm worried i've done damage to myself from last night, I feel shocking and I just want it to pass, especially the anxiety and the feeling faint. Where can I get tranzene from? what is it?
This is the reason I want to stop coke, this happens everytime, each time, gets worse!
Try some tea, chamomile, or some soothing tea drink.   I can't say where to get a tranzene, they are prescrip. but that and clonidine really helped me.  You will be okay, you will not die, or nothing.  This is the sorrow we all have experienced when getting this junk out of our bodies.  Try the teas, get a heating pad and otc pain meds, hang on.  You can do this.  Never go back to the coke, next time will be even harder.  The high is great but the low is hell.   Be good to yourself.

Ella
Hi Laura. My opinion from your post and the couple pm's I have talked to you in is that this drug has not totally grabbed you yet even after 3 years, but it is starting to finally and the answer is YES the comedown gets worse the longer and more you use. If you only did one line of coke then you won't crash. It sounds like a lot of this today is caused by the alcohol and feeling of guilt from doing a line. The good news is if you only did a line then i know you are capable of stopping cause when this drug takes a hold of you there is NO stopping. I never knew a single coke addict to do one line and stop.

I thought it was a miracle drug at first, used it just at parties and it gave me energy and euphoria i didn't know existed. I thought why do they say this is a bad drug, it's not even addictive. Then a found a hook up and it was game on. Once it grabbed me there was no turning back.

To answer a couple of your questions, cold turkey is the only way to quit coke in my opinion. Coming down I just slept or tried and then binge ate cause i went a day or 2 without eating. Drink lots and lots of water. YOU CAN NOT BE AROUND THIS DRUG AND DRINK, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT. Sorry but it's the truth:( I know you can do this, but it takes more than saying I want to quit, trust me. Sorry this was so long and I have more to say, lol.
I'm a lot like Gizzy I didn't stop using cocain until it stopped working for me, I could never get high I always got sick and paranoid. At first I used socially with the who's who of Raleigh I ended up on the  back seat of a harley doing 1/2 ounces at a time.
The elevator went all the way down to the ground floor, You have the option of getting off the ride when you choose.
Alcohol is a gateway way drug,once you get that drunk buzz you want more, It will only get worse if you continue to use...
I'm sorry you lost your friend....but do you think destroying your life us a way to honor their memory?
COLD TURKEY............Step up ,you can do it.
Find a support group like Narcotics Anonymous in your aera and start going.to meetings for support.Put a little distance between you and clubing.for a while.
Give yorself a break and see how good being drug free feels,if your not satisfied in 90 days we will refund your misery.........Be Blessed
Hey,
Thanks so much for your helpful, and honest reply, and the same to you freebird, it really helps hearing from people who used to use. You're right Gizzy, It's not taken a hold that I want to do it everyday, but a gram at the weekends to be is enough, I'm a petite girl of a small build to, and underweight (coke is prob why) so,coke hits me hard, as does alchohol abuse.
I am going to go cold turkey from this coke, as it's not doing me any good, and the come downs have become unbearable.
I wondered, please could you tell me more about cocaines long term effects on the heart? have you guys had any long term health issues from your days of using?
I may find a support group if I can't do this alone. My whole social life really involes going for drinks... and if it's a bigger night out, both ways, i'll want to buy coke....not good.
freebird-what u said 'do u think destroying your life is a way to honour their memory' really really woke me up, hit it where it hurt but It really made me think, thanks so much x that did wake me up alot hun, thanks.
lol I don't want my misery re-funded, no way. This is not something I want back.
Thanks for your kind advice and I shall be drug free. I want to turn my life around and I will do.
Thanks for your support.x