Help with long term valium use
I have been taking Valium for over 40 years how long will it take me to get off this drug. I'm currently taking 100 + mg per day.

I am now 66 and started taking it in the 1970's.
Hi Lady,

I have to tell you that is a very heavy dose you are on and I cannot believe any doctor would prescribe that amount. WOW! And you have been on it a long time. Any kind of benzo withdrawal can be dangerous and you will need to do a slow taper from it. This has to be done under a doctor's care and strict supervision. Please talk with your prescribing physician and express your wishes. Ask for help.

I wish you the best. Let us know how you are doing.
Thanks for the info. but I already know I have to taper down and have been doing so but after all this time {not bragging but I can take 50 10mg and just get some sleep}.

I went to a doctor way back for an earache and he wrote two prescriptions
for Valium and Codeine.......I said I didn't need all that and couldn't afford it so he gave me $100 and later it became a sex for meds deal which I got out of but the next doctor was not much better.

I have a history of seeing bad doctors who don't know about nuitrition and just think it easier to write scripts.  Now I am paying for it.