Help
I've been taking 50mg Fentaynl patches for the past 1 1/2 half. Well, my doctor left the practice and the doctor that took his place dropped me as a patient after I requested my patches 3 days early(lost one), it fell off somewhere and I never found it. I don't know what to do. No doctors will see immediately and I have 1 patch left and no Loritab. I'm very afraid. What can I do ?
I am not sure why you are on the fentaynl patch, but it looks as though you are going to have to go through withdrawals for awhile.  I know that most pain management drs do not pick up a new patient immediately, you usually have to wait a month or two.  I don't know a lot about the patch but maybe someone else can help you, but maybe this is the thing that you are supposed to be doing right now.
I am on the patch not,, 4 months ago I was on  100 mcg/h I have weaned all the way down to 25 as of this past wed. I plan to come on down to 12.5 next week if all goes well,, You can come of it cold turkey but its really hard,, I have been on them 6 years and just sick of the side effect.. I use them for a bad hip.. If you really think you cant get off then you need to go to the ER for a scipt until you can get a doctor.. My advise is to get off as soon as you can or you will find using 50 will not cut it you will want to keep going up.. Tte side effects for me are horriible,, depression,, severe contipation.. feel tired o dugged all the time.. sweats then I freeze to death..  GET off them while you have a chance,, just do if safe..My w/d from patch to patch only last 4-5 days,, the drop from 100-75 was not bad,, 50 was really easy,, 25 has been a little hard but after 5 days I am feeling great,, I am ready to drop again.. You can do it too,, If you feel like you want to wean then go get a scrip at ER..
I agreee...go to the er or go to your gp doc and explain the situation....doc's are human and can help....my friend got in a jam with her patches and her dentist helped her with a scip of lortabs for like 12 pills til she could get in to see the pain doc