Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Hiding Pills (benzos)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hiding Pills (benzos)

Im gonna ask a serious question because Im REALLY worried about someone right now. When I got out of detox, my bf quit drinking the same time I went in (at least he says he did, now after all the lies Im beginning to doubt any friggin thing that comes outta his mouth) so his doctor gave him 15 valiums until the prozac kicked in. Well, the prozac didnt work for him so I asked if his doc could put him on zoloft (its worked better for me and a lot of people I know so I figured why not give it a try?) well, he started those last friday. His anxiety stems from drinking half of his life (hes 28) and now quitting, it gets bad to where he would shake. So since they wouldnt give him anymore benzos (and he was doing really good with em, not taking too many etc) we ordered some from an OP. I hid them because they do next to nothing for me and he would abuse them. That was the deal we made when we ordered them. That I would give him just enough when he needed them. One day he will say "I dont want em anymore" and the next he will ask me for some. Last night he was F%#@'D up and Im not an idiot. I asked him what did he take. He starts getting off subject MANY times, kept asking me to repeat myself (a lot) and I was standing right next to him, not like he couldnt hear me. I kept asking WHAT DID YOU TAKE??? He finally admitted to taking one valium & 2 Ibuprofens. Im like RIGHT. THATS why you look like you do. uh huh. So I kept on asking. I asked for the key to his tool box thats in his car (since he just got laid off he has it there, too heavy for me to even move) so I go search thru it, cant get two of the drawers open and come back upstairs where i find HIM on the floor in the bathroom, going thru my hiding place, with pills in his hand. He was so messed up he couldnt speak, walk, or even find the zipper to zip the bag closed. I took everything away from him and told him to get outta my f'ing face. go to bed. He's lied to me sooo many times and I thought he was getting clean. SOOO sick of lies Im ready to leave!
So long story short (oops! too late) if he had any pills left, where would be a good place to hide them? Im asking cuz Im gonna go thru all his $hit right in front of him (of course he will never tell me if Im hot or cold while Im looking) so I need to know some of your guys' hiding places. Please help me. I threatened him last night. I told him "either go to bed or Im calling 911 and then youll really be embarrassed". He went to bed. Hes still there. Im pretty sure he's alive. Like I care right now. No but really he got up this morning so I know he is.
So guys and dolls, where were your best hiding spots?

Alley
Tags: Addiction
hi, sorry about your problem.  i good place to hide stuff, especially if you happen to be short is like on top of tall shelves or top of medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  maybe his socks or jacket pockets in closet, possibly anywhere in his truck he probably thinks that s a safe place.  look in very obvious places, not sure if they are in a bottle or what.  when i hid my pills i usually took them out of the bottle.  maybe the garage?  good luck
So many places......take them out and put in a zip lock bag.  And be creative.  so many places.  I hid in cereal boxes.....not in the cereal but between the bag and box, in my printer, in the couch pillows where there was a zipper.......god, only you know your home.  no obvious places.  I know your a creative person.

Nauty.............
My best place was a box of Tampons........men don't want to go there.....lol
Tops of bookshelves. Or my golf bag. Places nobody would reach or go.
the shelf thing is the first place i would look
I had so many hiding places it wasnt even funny.. like if he smokes look in between the foil part and the box. if you have decorations look inside stuff like vases.. plastic bags in a toilet.. on top of vanitys in the bathroom... I mean drug addicts can be creative.. Im talking I went as far as putting pills in a hole in my shoe or where batteries were to go in my digital camera or in cd cases. And like bettie I also took mine out of the bottle(they were smaller and easier to hide) Just go in everyroom in your house and try to think like an addict like where would I hide this if I absolutley could not get caught??? Look in places where u dont go often (like a crawl space or a utility room .. I know it sounds crazy but addicts are CREATIVE.. oh and if u see him tearing apart a room and he gives you some lame excuse.. Ide quit lookiing cause hes also looking.. to my fellow addicts..How many times did you tear s*** apart looking for even 1 pill hopin u  dropped it a while ago?
Lisa
sorry that was supposed to be like naughty one not bettie (fixing my typo)
He was more than likely in a blackout. When he gets up tell him you flushed everything because he told you to. If he has a stash that's were he will go after a while watch him and watch him over the next day for signs of withdrawals. AT 9pm if he is not shaking , sweating , racing pulse, no appetite then he does have a stash. If you can tell hes sick then he ate them all and was trying to get more from you last night when you caught him, I'll bet he is OUT! Keep us posted.
thanks you guys! so many ideas i dont know where to start but now he is awake so its time to have a talk.....
well he definitely blacked out cuz he only remembers some things. I dont know what to do. I told him im not giving him anymore period. i told him to go an aa meeting or 3 today. well see if that happens
hes going to a meeting at 530. i told him id leave if he didnt start participating in the program. Like speaking at meetings (hes been to enuf to start talking) getting a sponsor and counseling. only problem is since he lost his job he cant go to rehab. unless any of you know about rehabs that take people with no $ and no ins. he can however get free addiction counseling where I go. Thats my next move.
I knew he was in a blackout, Has he asked you for any pills yet. If he doesn't ask you at some point w/in the next 24hrs he has a stash?
I hope he goes to AA and not NA, there are a lot of dealers that target NA meetings, To me that's really sad but true according to a friend that told he copped at his NA meeting I said what your sick!
If he doesn't have drug coverage go to PPA.org the one Montel Williams promotes on TV, its no joke I have a friend who gets his meds from them for a $15.00 co-pay. Some of the drugs cost hundreds of dollars. There is no public assistance for men in Oregon like food stamps and county health ins, or is he getting a unemployment check, If he had ins w/his last job he can ask for the COBRA plan which is about $340.00 a month, GET it for a month then go to detox and let it cancel the next month, This is not fraud you paid the premium for one month and your entitled to access the benefits on that plan as long as it is active-------------------------------NOAH
No he hasnt asked me for any pills and I dont think he has a stash. I counted my pills and theyre all there cept the ones hes took last night. he will be getting unemployment within the next two weeks (one week waiting period) and plenty of it too. 463 a week. I was only getting 104 a week! He just worked more and made tons more money so thats why. He is on his way to an AA meeting now, starts at 530. He made the call to the addiction counselor for twice a week (im going once a week) but just waiting for the guy to call back which will be tomorrow probly. Yea, he can get food stamps, but not health insurance. I have a few male friends here who get food stamps. But I got plenty on my card cuz it kept building and building cuz we werent eating. I get 284 a month and it got up to 500 something. I still got 239 on it until the 6th and weve got plenty of food so were good there. We just had to apply for yet another cc since were broke as h e l l !
you sure hit the nail on the head with the blackout. i wasnt sure b/c its been so long since i blacked out.
oh yea he can get the cobra plan only theres no money to pay for it. 2 weeks til unemployment comes and his coverage will end oct 31st. no point. his paperword said he could have it til the end of oct.
no help here on this. I never have hid mine anywhere. They were always either in the medicine cabinet or a few in my purse (in the childproof bottles) for when I leave the house. I have 2 little kids here and no way would I ever put them anywhere they could get ahold of one.