ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
Hiding Pills (benzos)
by bettie1976, Oct 17, 2007
Im gonna ask a serious question because Im REALLY worried about someone right now. When I got out of detox, my bf quit drinking the same time I went in (at least he says he did, now after all the lies Im beginning to doubt any friggin thing that comes outta his mouth) so his doctor gave him 15 valiums until the prozac kicked in. Well, the prozac didnt work for him so I asked if his doc could put him on zoloft (its worked better for me and a lot of people I know so I figured why not give it a try?) well, he started those last friday. His anxiety stems from drinking half of his life (hes 28) and now quitting, it gets bad to where he would shake. So since they wouldnt give him anymore benzos (and he was doing really good with em, not taking too many etc) we ordered some from an OP. I hid them because they do next to nothing for me and he would abuse them. That was the deal we made when we ordered them. That I would give him just enough when he needed them. One day he will say "I dont want em anymore" and the next he will ask me for some. Last night he was F%#@'D up and Im not an idiot. I asked him what did he take. He starts getting off subject MANY times, kept asking me to repeat myself (a lot) and I was standing right next to him, not like he couldnt hear me. I kept asking WHAT DID YOU TAKE??? He finally admitted to taking one valium & 2 Ibuprofens. Im like RIGHT. THATS why you look like you do. uh huh. So I kept on asking. I asked for the key to his tool box thats in his car (since he just got laid off he has it there, too heavy for me to even move) so I go search thru it, cant get two of the drawers open and come back upstairs where i find HIM on the floor in the bathroom, going thru my hiding place, with pills in his hand. He was so messed up he couldnt speak, walk, or even find the zipper to zip the bag closed. I took everything away from him and told him to get outta my f'ing face. go to bed. He's lied to me sooo many times and I thought he was getting clean. SOOO sick of lies Im ready to leave!
So long story short (oops! too late) if he had any pills left, where would be a good place to hide them? Im asking cuz Im gonna go thru all his $hit right in front of him (of course he will never tell me if Im hot or cold while Im looking) so I need to know some of your guys' hiding places. Please help me. I threatened him last night. I told him "either go to bed or Im calling 911 and then youll really be embarrassed". He went to bed. Hes still there. Im pretty sure he's alive. Like I care right now. No but really he got up this morning so I know he is.
So guys and dolls, where were your best hiding spots?

Alley
Member Comments (17)
by chivaknevel, Oct 17, 2007
hi, sorry about your problem.  i good place to hide stuff, especially if you happen to be short is like on top of tall shelves or top of medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  maybe his socks or jacket pockets in closet, possibly anywhere in his truck he probably thinks that s a safe place.  look in very obvious places, not sure if they are in a bottle or what.  when i hid my pills i usually took them out of the bottle.  maybe the garage?  good luck
by NautyOne, Oct 17, 2007
So many places......take them out and put in a zip lock bag.  And be creative.  so many places.  I hid in cereal boxes.....not in the cereal but between the bag and box, in my printer, in the couch pillows where there was a zipper.......god, only you know your home.  no obvious places.  I know your a creative person.

Nauty.............
by NautyOne, Oct 17, 2007
My best place was a box of Tampons........men don't want to go there.....lol
by GA Guy, Oct 17, 2007
Tops of bookshelves. Or my golf bag. Places nobody would reach or go.
by NautyOne, Oct 17, 2007
the shelf thing is the first place i would look
by mrssippi, Oct 17, 2007
I had so many hiding places it wasnt even funny.. like if he smokes look in between the foil part and the box. if you have decorations look inside stuff like vases.. plastic bags in a toilet.. on top of vanitys in the bathroom... I mean drug addicts can be creative.. Im talking I went as far as putting pills in a hole in my shoe or where batteries were to go in my digital camera or in cd cases. And like bettie I also took mine out of the bottle(they were smaller and easier to hide) Just go in everyroom in your house and try to think like an addict like where would I hide this if I absolutley could not get caught??? Look in places where u dont go often (like a crawl space or a utility room .. I know it sounds crazy but addicts are CREATIVE.. oh and if u see him tearing apart a room and he gives you some lame excuse.. Ide quit lookiing cause hes also looking.. to my fellow addicts..How many times did you tear s*** apart looking for even 1 pill hopin u  dropped it a while ago?
Lisa
by mrssippi, Oct 17, 2007
sorry that was supposed to be like naughty one not bettie (fixing my typo)
by notmenow!, Oct 17, 2007
He was more than likely in a blackout. When he gets up tell him you flushed everything because he told you to. If he has a stash that's were he will go after a while watch him and watch him over the next day for signs of withdrawals. AT 9pm if he is not shaking , sweating , racing pulse, no appetite then he does have a stash. If you can tell hes sick then he ate them all and was trying to get more from you last night when you caught him, I'll bet he is OUT! Keep us posted.
by bettie1976, Oct 17, 2007
thanks you guys! so many ideas i dont know where to start but now he is awake so its time to have a talk.....