Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
High ALT/GPT AND AST/GOT AND GGTP, SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I HAVE BEEN FEELING REALLY ROTTEN.  MY LEGS HURT REALLY BAD.  MY FEET AND ANKLES HAVE BEEN SWELLING.  I HAD BLOOD WORK DONE AND IT CAME BACK WITH HIGH LIVER ENZYMES.  I DID HAVE 2 OF THE HEPATITIS VACCINES BUT NOT THE 3RD, OVER A YEAR AGO.  I HAD THE LIVER ENZYMES TEST REPEATED 3 WEEKS LATER AND IT CAME BACK WITH 222 ON THE ALT/GPT; 88 ON THE AST/GOT AND 109 ON THE GGTP.  I AM NOW STARTING TO HAVE SHARP PAINS IN MY BACK AND SOMETIMES IN THE FRONT.  SOMETIMES WHEN I BEND FORWARD THE PAIN IS WORSE IN THE ABDOMEN RIGHT ABOVE THE NAVEL.  I DID HAVE GALLBLADDER SURGERY A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS AGO. THE CLINIC REFERRED ME TO THE SURGEON, BUT HE SAYS I NEED TO BE CHECKED BY SOMEONE IN INTERNAL MEDICINE.  CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT THIS COULD BE?
I don't know what all those ALT/GPT etc are,sorry.   Have you had a hep C test?  You have to specifically ask for it, they don't include it in normal bloodwork.  

If you have ever used IV drugs it is even more important to get checked.  
Have you cold turkey any drugs lately?
What does all that mean all those letters? Also what is paws?
Hey, I think you have got your abbreviations for your liver enzymes mixed up, should be something like AST and ALT which you got, but then there is SGOT and SGPT, and alkaline phosphatase.  Maybe I am just not familiar with the ones you listed.
I have never used drugs, or abused alcohol.  I had the hepatitis vaccine, so no I don't have hepatitis.  All of those letters are the components of a liver enzyme test.
heya wmdm,im in the same boat as u,my alt(gpt) is 311 should be 0-35.my alkaline phosphatase is 154 should be 42-121.all the pains u desribe i have,my doctor has referred me immediatly 2 liver dept of my local hosp.i to got vaccinated against 2 types of hepatitas(but remember theres up 2 5 types of hep)where we may differ is im a 24yr old woman ex drug abuser,and an alcoholic.but i really think youyr liver needs looking at a.s.a.p.this is the first time ive wrote on a foram,but i no wot your goin through,i had 2,good luckxx
completely cut out alcohol from your diet.  cut meats.  try vegetarian.  see how you feel in 2 weeks time.

no wine, no beer, no liquor.....