Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Home remedy for stopping Oxycodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Home remedy for stopping Oxycodone

What are some of the best home remedies for stopping Oxycodone use? I have no money for the suboxone. I have been taking 5/325  8-10 a day for around 2 years prescribed by my VA doctor and I want to quit and I have tried but the withdrawals got the best of me? Any help is much appreciated.
I get 240 5/325 oxycodones a month from the Va and this is the 5th or 6th time in the last 2yrs I have ran out a week or so early. I really have to stop this time. My head is pounding right now but I am going out to get the stuff for this recipe. Thanks
Your welcome and good luck to you.  Please let us know how you are doing.

Hug,

Shelby
You are on a pretty strong dose and might need a little extra help. Don't be afraid to talk with the doc at the VA. I will be here for you and just post for me and will get to it asap. You are going to change your life. I can actually feel real emotion now. It is not a cake walk but, it is so different from being medicated like I was. Good luck my friend.

Tim
Why is it so easy to get pain meds? They are nasty to say the least!!!! I travel all over the country playing pool and they are offered to me everywhere I go. It seems down south you get more lortabs or lowertabs, in the east you get more percocets or vicodins. I finally complained to my VA doctor and got oxycodones. WHY WHY WHY. I wish I endured my mild knee and back pain.
I live in the southeast...go figure

haha yeah...lowertabs. haha
Can you please tell me how your husband is doing today?
January 29,2009
Thanks Taric489
I was up to 60-60mg oxycontin er and 180-30mg oxycodone kickers a month for several herniated discs in my neck and all down my spine.  I've been trying to cut down little by little but whenever I try i am so sick I just want to die.  It's like food poisoning/the worst flu you have ever had along with crying and jitters and pain in every inch of my body and now I have been layed off and no money to go to the doctor after 4 years with the same one.  I'm lost, I've lost all my friends and my family, husband, children just can't stand to be around me because I'm so miserable. I used to be the life of the party, a happy go lucky person, always trying to do the right thing and help everyone I could now it's like I'm just waiting to die and I curse every morning that the sun rises. HELP PLEASE???   Dar...
i am going thru what your going thru and it is awful>
i don't know what to do?
I have not started the "thomas" recipe yet, I have to go to the store. Does anyone know approx. how much the ingredients cost? Do you have to go to a health food store? I have to work everyday except Sunday~~how am I going to get through this?? HELP!  dizzy
i been slamin oxy and roxys been on them for about 3 years or more . and i want and need to get off them . i got a beautiful    2 year old girl  and im more of a father to the oxy cotton thin i am to her . i need  to know what remedie really works . i know how sick it made me feel when i got off them the first time . but thet was when i was just eatting them. now  i got strawbarrys filds on my arms .is there other remedies out there should i go buy these things for the thomas remedie if it dont work im beat . i have a brother that is just as bad as me . i look at him and i see my self . for he is my twiin . and it ***** with my head  im sad all the time . i feel wrong to be around my lil girl because of these oxy . i cant keep living this way it killing me .
Are you not able to get Suboxone through the VA? Several of my husband's friends have went through the VA's Suboxone program. They receive free care though. I don't know if you do or not but just wanted to see if that was an option for you.
Hey there randywoodson, I never came off what you mention but I have recently come off methadone (originally heroin) & I would definitely recommend stocking up on vitamins & the build up shakes you can get, also eat things like tuna in sunflower oil, fruit etc...  I know it seems theres no end in sight but there is, you can do it! Go for it & think positive, christmas is nearly here & wouldnt it be great if you could get straight for that & your girl, I wish you all the luck.
Im just DTing from a 10-12 ech/day oxycontin habit (30mg), I quit once cold turkey and made it three weeks, but the mental aspect and the depression never really subsided so I started using again. This time I went to the doctor and got on suboxone, which is really working, but I dont want to trade one habit for another. How long should I take these and at what milligram per day. Some people have told me take the subs for 3 months and then taper, but I really would like to try a little quicker. Anything Helps.....................???????????????/
I have been taking oxycodone and I am done with it. I have chronic pain in my back, But id rather deal with the pain than deal with this addiction or the fear that my doctor is gnna cut me off . I feel that the doctors are evil they start you on the pills then play God and one day because they are having a bad day they decide to cut you off. But am starting to slowing cut my pills in half and only take when I start feeling that feelin of anixety. Thank goodness for xanax cuz without those i would flip out. The only thing that i am scared of it that when I've tryed getting off the pills I start to feel mental unstable as if I'm going into  dream. Has anybody you guys know ever went into pyschosis because of withdrawls? Also Ive tried the suboxin and got really sick I was sweating and vomiting. Is that normal? Somebody told me its because I might have stilll had some of the oxy in my system still. But please everybody say a prayer for me. As I will for everyone else going through this horrible phase in life. thanks and god bless
How can you work and be a mom when you are going through d/t?
I am going through this for about the 5th time, seriously. Each time I do alright until about day 3-5 and then I seem unable to control my body's request to get some more. I swear I am not going back to the dr that prescribes them but of course i do and of course they give them  to me. I want to end it on my own - this addiction.I am a professional and I don't think that it is clear to everyone that knows me, including my family, somehow that i am on so many RX's. I can't live like this anymore. There is so much more to live for. I know this as 4 years ago I was an occasional user and I remember what it was like of course not to use at all and how I had the energy to face each day and live each day like a normal person and live and laugh and love. Most people that know me do not know that I am having this problem. I am a very functional user.I don't know how many more times I can stay in bed for days on end without either losing my job, or having my family figure out and what is the point of going through all of this if you aren't going to see it out but start the cycle all over again as soon as you can. I've tried everything listed on these sites and they certainly help but nothing helps more than having a pill when the W/D are so bad. I would say I've been addicted, severly, to PK for a few years. The last time I remember going a day without using was about 2.5 years ago or longer -- to be honest. I now take so much that it take multiple large doses to keep me from going right into w/d. I can't tell anyone. I can't go to rehab.I must do it cold turkey and I must function. I can not lay in bed or anything.I must get up, go to work, take care of my kids, teach at my kids school one day a week, etc... I really wish there was a solution for how to function while w/drawing. I need some help to stay as active as possible. In the past I've had to spend the first 48 - 36 hours in bed but I can't do that this time. I must be functioning tomorrow. I can't imagine how I will get out of bed. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, bunches.
Hi momwithissues - maybe you should copy and paste your post to a new thread? I think you'd get a lot more responses. I'm really sorry for what you're going through and I know how you feel with how many times can a person spend a week in bed... And with going into withdrawals almost immediately if I don't have a dose big enough to kill a normal person. It really got out of control for me too.

Anyway, the beginning of this thread is from 2007, and people who can answer your questions are probably missing your post hidden away here...

Good luck
I did it!!! I cannot believe this, was on 4 x 30mg of oxycodone a day and have been taking it for almost 4 yrs now so my body was totally dependent on it - took it for chronic pain. Sometimes would run out of meds a day or 2 early and then of course you are trying to get an rx early so you have to make stuff up and I came up with some absolute zingers including leaving the country, going on vacation etc just to get the rx perhaps 6 days before I was due to get it. I have 4 kids and a household to run, carpool to do and what was I worried about - getting my next oxy rx which is ridiculous, Finally decided enough was enough. plus i ran out of meds on Monday. Went cold turkey Mon and Tues (used lomotil and zofran to help with the poops and pukes and ambien at night along with ovc nighttime cough syrup to help me sleep) , found this site on Weds and read about the Thomas recipe.
Went out and got what I needed - potassium, b6 vits, immodium, and amino acids (which I stupidly got in liquid format as the l-tyresine is higher).
Started taking 4 potassium pills, 2 b6 pill and 1/4 cup amino along with 4 immodium on Wedsnesday midmorning. did that every 3 hours till Thursday afternoon at 3pm. (at the same time at night still taking ambien and cough syrup to sleep through) Had to up the immodium to 6 immodium on Thursday because the diahrea was unbelievable - i think it was a reaction to the aminos. hadnt eaten a proper meal in all that time. Thursday I finally ate lunch and supper and now its 5.30am on Friday and I feel better than I have in ages. I cannot believe this monkey is finally off my back. During the days I mostly slept before collecting the kids from school and also had to drop them off every morning - not fun but part of being a parent. Now I can do carpool without feeling like I shouldnt be driving due to the pain meds. Seriously if I can do it anyone can. I think I understand  it right you need to have the baaaad diarehea as it clears all the crap out of your system. if you can get through those first 3 days then you are through. It is bad and unpleasant and you do ache and sweat but to come out the other end is worth it. Thank you to all who have posted about the Thomas recipe and especially to Bith who gave us the amended version. I still have the chronic pain but I will deal with it, I dont have the NEED for the oxy's anymore :)

momof4
I commend all for posting their experience. I too am 26 yrs old. It all started with an ACL tear while playing HS basketball, since then I have or is on my 6 surgery as we speak and I go in this month for another. I got hooked on oxy and it has been the worst thing i have been thru so i completely understand all.It does feel like you just wanna die. One thing i can say is for those with family and work, saying i cant take the time off to detox. You only live once and do you really want to be either wasting all your paycheck on pills or risking life buying off the street (which i know some that do) or just wasting life in general because when you run out it is a miserable reck; and loosing loved one. I did rehab for 7 days down south and it was worth it because i got my life and fiance back....just do it and get it over with ...plz....i do understand....
Been clean for  a year on May 15 , 2011 what you need to do is get help I  had trouble asking myself but eventually asked for it .My life is 10x better now then it was almost a year ago ,you need to detox professionally it does work I was on 120 to 160 mg a day of Oxycontin for about 7 to 8 years And there is programs if you don't have insurance I have 3 young girls a great job that I always had and they worked with me .It was better going to rehab for a few days then losing everything At least go to a narcotic anonymous meeting there everywhere they'll show you the way .I didn't think I could ever do it,I haven't been on this sight since I got clean but I can tell you what I never posted but read probably every old post on here by likes of Flaadict (forget actual name )but was close to this There is a lot of great stuff on here to help for time being but the only thing that helped me personally was asking for HELP .I can honestly say I would go on this sight when I didn't have anything (Jone sing) or when I just wanted to stop while I was high and look at or shall I say to see if other people were going through what I was going through Good luck to all and remember don't be ashamed to ask for help,
Day 2 of withdrawals. I have only been on perc 10 and Loratab 7.5's for 2 1/2 weeks but god its worse coming off them than the initial pain, especially wen I didn't taper off, I just ended a 4 a day sometimes 6 a day habit. I've kicked heroin and this brings me back, although not as bad.
Thanks for your info. I am in a position where I can not take off for a week to do this in a hospital. But I am getting ready to start detox in the morning. I have been taking roxycodone 30 MG Blues for a couple years and it is ruining my life. I have been through this before at the hospital. They were pumping me full of Potassium as you stated. I have most to the ingredients here that you listed. So I am giving this an honest shot, and I will let you know how it goes. Wish Me Luck!

~Signed~ Sick and Tired
I start my detox tomorrow !!! I'm nervous cause I have been doing 4 to 6 30mg pills a day for the last 3 years !!! But I bought all the supplements, the immodium, I have xanax for anxiety and clonidine from my Dr. So I hope this works I'm so done with being broke, and sick when I run out!!! It's time I take my life back once and for all!! These posts have really helped to give me the last bit of courage I needed to do this... It made me realize I'm not alone!!!!

Thank You,
Grateful
been takin oxycodone 30 mg for almost 4 years now.  started with buyin on street and finally scored regular doc Rx.  for last 6 mnths been spirraling downward.  up to 12-16 per day, always nasally.  ran out early as usual cuz cant tolerate lower doses any longer and scared to ask doc for a bump on script.  went to diff doc yesterday after 24 hours in withdrawal for subutex 8mg tid.  still have sweats and no appetite and the deep blues.  cant seem to get off couch, no sleep and high dose of zannies dont even put me out. im quite medically savvy - too smart for own good really as i thought i could just take these blue devil forever and be super dad/husband.  obviously i was mistaken and need help.  i dont know wether to go to rehab or do it outpatient with tex?  anyone else on high doses? recommendations?
I have never posted on a site such as this.  I have been struggling with this for just over 3 years now.  I am now prescribed 6 30mg Roxycodone  and 2 15mg Roxycodone a day after an auto accident ( & neck surgery) in 2008.  At one point I was getting 8 80mg Oxycotin, 240 30mg Roxycodone, 120 15mg Roxycodone & 90 10mg Valiums every month.  Since then I switched Dr.s and moved states away, but my problems obviously moved with me.  My new Dr. (at my request) reduced my meds. to 6 30mg Roxycodones, 2 15mg Roxycodone & 2 10mg valiums per day.  I am taking AT LEAST double or even triple my daily dosage.  
I am going to try the Thomas Recipe but I know I'm gonna get deathly ill & to be honest I am TERRIFIED!!!  Should I just try & stick to the recipe or should I try and ween myself down on the Roxycodones in addition to the recipe?
I am really desperate to get my life back and be able to provide for my family!!!  I truly hate this life I am living and I want to be the man and provider that God wants me to be!!!  I know this will not be easy, but the life I am living now is exhausting, as I sure most of you know.  
Ten years ago I was a 25 bag a day IV heroine user.   I went to jail, got out, got high, then went to detox.  I stayed clean and sober for 5 years and made a really good life for myself, so I know it can be done.  But, I don't have the time, means, or finances to go into detox again.  I have to be able to do this at home and still be able to function.
If anybody has ANY suggestions, ideas, or treatment formulas.....
.....PLEASE.....
.....PLEASE.....
.....PLEASE.....
                          ....let me know.  I am truly greatful for any ideas or support anyone has to offer.  Please let me know as soon as possible, thank you!!!

Sincerely,
LOST AND SUFFERING IN PA!!!
The fear of withdrawals is often worse than the actual thing.

Glad you came here, it is a great place for support and help.  Keep posting.  You will feel better in a few days.  Day 3 is usually the worst.  

Definitely call your doctor and see him tomorrow if you need.  He can give you some non addictive meds to help.  But that is your choice.

I kept telling myself...YOU HAVE the FLU!  It will be over and I will feel so much better.  My brain seemed to get that and settled down a little.  It is hard, but doable!  The Thomas Recipe (bottom of the page under Health Pages as Gnarly said will help.  I did not to the tranquilizers and had to cut back on the Ltryosine, but the rest really helped.

Imodium (immodium), Imodium (immodium), Imodium (immodium) (liquid or pills if the liquid can't be found or you can't swallow it) will help.  I took double the dosage for a few days (personal choice) and it helped so much..even with the withdrawals in general and the opiate trots which sucked.  

Hydrate and eat!  Even if it is just a little every hour or so.  You have to eat something to keep your energy up as much as possible.  

If you have Restless legs..it is hit or miss what works.  Walking seemed to help me some.  Hot bath with epsom salts..a little.  I finally had to get my doctor to refill my restless legs meds (non addictive) to get some sleep.  If nothing works,your doctor might help.  

One hour at a time is all anyone can ask.  After 2 weeks it gets a little better and I started to say, One day at a time!  Your brain will do all sorts of things to get you to take a pill.  I found if I was hungry..the cravings got worse.  I would try to eat a banana, a few grapes or a few crackers to get that under control.

Good for you.  I hope all goes well.  You have made a good start coming here....this site has helped me so much!!!  Keep posting!!!!!
Also, this is an old thread...go up to the top orange button..copy and paste your post and you will start a NEW thread.  That way others can chime in as they will see your post as new.  
Hey everybody. I need some major help here. I have an oxycodone habit of about 50 mgs a day. I know that doesn't sound like a lot compared to what a lot of people are on but the withdrawal is still unbearable for me anyway. I recently found out I am pregnant and have for the last week been trying to quit cold turkey and have been failing miserably. I feel like such a selfish, low life, piece of scum but my withdrawal symptoms are so intense I keep giving in within 24 hours. I need help so desperately does anybody have any advice on what meds a pregnant woman can take to help me through this? Again I feel like a horrible person so please only respond if you have something helpful, I honestly don't need ridiculed I already know I'm a piece of crap.

this is an old thread...go up to the top orange button..copy and paste your post and you will start a NEW thread.  That way others can chime in as they will see your post as new.  

first of all your not a piece of crap you wanna get clean and you need help ive been where you have ,start a new post there are women on the site going through the same thing as you right now ,lots of great women on the site to give great advice :)
I was on loritabs up to 8 a day when i found out i was pregnant.  ALSO the day i found out i was high on crack..... NONE of which harmed my baby he is happy healthy and great!   I found out early and slowed down my meds NEVER did crack again and kept myself hydrated and lots of vitamins!  Take a smaller dose every day tell you don't need any at all.  Then it will be mind over matter.  Your head will need it not your body.  Your baby will keep you clean.  
I think I relate to you the most.  Been taking pain killers for yrs chronic back pain.  Take 20-30 30mg a day.m don't know how to stop.  I'm a ad and husband and I don't want this for me or my family.  I don't know how to deal with the real pain, but can't keep doing what I'm doing.  I am only prescribed 180 a month and now do shady and highly illegal things to get these pills.  I hate myself!  I have no motivation, except for these pills.  I've tried to cut down, but the pain or the addiction kicks in.  It's that little voice talking.  It says ill start tomorrow, or I'll cut down after this one.  Just feel lost.
I noticed your post and it caught my eye. I've been swallowing approx 30 mg a day for a few years. Wasn't even a pain issue when I began. Oxy didn't even interest me at first because of the bad news I was hearing about them. But any way I got hooked...I bascially had a unlimtied supply at no cost. I had to have some of it in my system to do anything...work, go to my kids activities', family gatherings etc. Time came that I started to feel like **** more hours of the day then I felt good or even fine. So I decided to quit.

Has been 9 weeks now. the firsr 4 days I fet like hell. Lived  in the dark mostly, had to force my self to eat, drink and sleep. Day 5 I actually felt better. Could eat and smile a little. I have now been going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week for the last two weeks. Kinda  gives me a different buzz.

Quitting ain't easy and the relaspse rate I hear is pretty high. But it's a quittable drug.

If you got a PCP tell him you don't want any more and are going to detox at home. he should be able to give you a benzo if your not already on them.

It's a painful storm to ride out but it's a lot better then losing your job, family, etc. You can do it....just do it!  By the way, I'm 47 years old.
I was in a car accident ended up with nerve damage so I was prescribed 80mg oxy twice daily I have been on them since 2008 I am trying to get off of them now.  but I find it extremely hard I have been drinking celery juice (help with the burning from nerve damage) and soaking in hot baths for the muscle aches. Imodium (immodium) for the constant bowel movements.  I am on day 3 and I feel like I want to die.  It is very hard to not take them when I know I have 60 tabs in a drawer 6' away from me .  I was looking for home remedies to help with the nausia and sweats when I came accross this page I am just hoping I make it through another night or all this suffering will be for not.  I am begining to think I should of discussed this with my doctor first.  I just woke up one day and was irretated knowing that I can't function with out them and my memory is being heavily affected  by them is there anything i can get over the counter that will help take the edge off?  or should I contact my doctor ?how much worse is this going to get I am going to buy some sleeping pills tomorrow as I am starting to go crazy from lack of it.  
Thanks for any help
I have been on percocet 10/325 for 5 years now.  It has gotten out of hand the past 6 months, to where I'm taking 14-20 pills/day.  I've tried self-detox, but can't get past first 24 hours.  I called D&A in my county, and they said I can come in in 10 days for eval, and see doc as early as 3 weeks to possibly start suboxone,but must still be taking the percs.  I ran out about 1 hour ago, and am so afraid I can't do it.  I called ER and they said I would have to go to inpatient, but I don't have anyone to watch my son for more than the weekend.  What would be my best solution to ease withdraws and not give myself a heart attack?  I only have access to Flexeril.
I have been snorting 1-3 oxycodone 30mgs for about 1 year now. Im also a type 1 diabetic. I have a problem. I feel sick if i dont have anything, and I will lie and cheat to get pills. I cant go to a clinic, I need to quit more than anything else in the world. I have a great job, but if I keep this up, Im going to lose it and my family. somebody please help me. I really dont know what to do, I spend all of my money on the oxys, because of this I cant even pay my bills. Somebody please give me some advice, before I lose everything
Hi I am on my 4th day off them I need help.  I'm very nerves and scared.  I've been taking 7.5 perc 7 times a day.  I feel like crap and I can't take off of work.  Please help.  I really need help
Hi mason & try posting your question as a new question.this is an old thread so many ppl may not answer an older post. Have you been to your Dr about this or is that an option for you?
google the Thomas Recipe and start a new post as suggested.
I was wondering how are you doing? Did you make through this hell and what formula did you decide to go with?
I was just wondering how you are doing?
Just found out I am pregnant and not sure how far along (maybe a couple weeks).  I am also breastfeeding.  My Dr. knows about the breastfeeding and I am wondering what is going to happen when I speak with her on Thursday about my unplanned pregnancy.  I am on 30mg oxycontin three times a day and 1-3 pills for break through pain of 5mg percocet.  Abortion is not an option.  It is a category B, so there are no dangers to the fetus except the potential withdrawl (withdrawal) after birth.  I am so scared and worried.  I had a lower back break that splintered into my right leg's nerve leaving me with the inability to walk or go to the bathroom until after the surgery. I have three young children age 4, 2, and 14 months.  The medication has been the only way for me to care for the children due to the intense pain and having to pick them up, etc...We have a wonderful daycare that we will be obviously using more if and when she takes me off or goes down.  Wondering if anyone is or has been in this awful situation.  Scared to death!  Worried for my baby and for my health as my Dr. had said it was too dangerous for me to get pregnant.  I was an avid long distance runner until my back broke.  I cannot imagine not being able to walk again or having to deal with the pain of going off the meds or the withdrawl (withdrawal)....I will do what I can to make sure that my baby will be ok...but I am hoping for some advice and support from all of you.  Thank you.
It's Been My 3rd Day Without Any Meds,So Dreppress,I Started Taking Them For Lower Back Pain As Well As Reconstructive Wrist Operation,I Took Them 4 About 3Years 9 or 10 pills a day i stop this past nov 2011,Got Another Operation On My Wrist I Took Them 4 a Month,This Time Seems Worse 2 With Drawl,4 Years Ago I Lost My Mother 2Weeks Later My Dad,Sister,Brother Die On Me In A Car Accident,So It Make's It Harder To Go Through The Withdrawls I Get So Sad It Feel's Like Im Going 2 Lose My Mind,,Need Help,,Miss My Family,,Meds Made Me 4Get My Pain My Loss,
I have only been taking 30mg oxycodone immediate release since Dec 2011. About 4 months.  My prescription was twice a day at first but after awhile I was concerned about the w/d and weaned to one a day. I tried to ask the prescribing doctor to help me detox and he said " Oh, just go away, you make my life difficult".  I couldn't believe he said that to me. I guess I will be detoxing myself with nothing.  I have a few pills left and started today cutting the 30mg in half.  Do you think my detox time and w/d will be a little less and easier because I haven't been on them that long? Please help. I have no one to talk to. Thanks.
Wow...thanks for your info.  I've been on oxy for 10 years!  Was up to 180 mgs a day!  I've been trying to taper down for a month now, and I'm not doing a very good job.   Every week I run out of pills that are prescribed, then I either borrow from someone, or I buy them illegally.  My habit is getting too expensive.  I'm disabled, so I want to just try to stop cold turkey at home.  I am now on 100 mgs a day.  I do have kids and dogs to take care of, so I thought about going to a hotel for 3-4 days for the worst of it.  I don't know really what's best.  I love your advice though, and I do have Klonopin, Fenergan (nausea), clonidine, and requip (restless legs), Lyrica (leg pain).  I should be able to do it, but my mental addiction is worse than my physical addiction!!!    HELP!
Hi Momwithissues,
I have been completely off hydrocodone for one week as of tonight, as I write this.  I wish I had magic for you, but I don’t.  This past week has been pure hell.  I am over the intense body pain and the worst of the chills, but I still can’t sleep.  I am trying to knock myself out with Benadryl, which usually puts me under, but doesn’t seem to be having any effect on me now.  
I would really suggest to you that you can’t do this alone.  I live alone and have no family, and I am living and working now in a town where I really don’t know anyone.  This is very difficult to have no support.  The Church I go to has groups for addicts and alcoholics and I am looking forward to going to one of those groups tomorrow – I really hope some of the other folks there can give me help, support, love and insight into what I can expect.  
I know it might sound harsh, but call in all support from friends, family or anyone who might be able to help you.  Find someone to take the kids and take two weeks off of work.  Tell them at work that is it a family crisis you have to deal with.  
I would also suggest that before you quit, spend a long period of time lowering your dose.  Consult a doctor and see if there is anything they can give you to help you sleep.  Look up the Thomas recipe on line or on this forum and follow what it says as best you can.  It helps me – but don’t get me wrong, it is still hell.  
The important thing to remember is that quitting is all worth it.  I want my brain back.   I have been taking huge doses of oxy and hydro for about nine months and I have to quit.  
Find support.  There are groups out there who will help you.  You need to do this.  Keep posting on this forum.  As I go back over the years and read older posts, I can see how people have struggled and have succeeded.  You need love, care and support – don’t be shy about taking where ever you can find it.   Keep posting.  People you don’t know and have never met will be rooting for you, supporting you and praying for you.

If I use this format should I still be able to work over the 4 day window?

Thank you so much for you insight BTW...
I am seeking help desperately. I'm a mother who wants to stop and be that kick *** mom ii want to be. I am on up to four 30mg oxycodones, usually three but sometimes four. I wake up feeling like I can't even get them off to school without that pill waiting for me. Right now I'm taking my xanax, but have stooped to vicodin because it will be a week before I get my hands on those "blues". But I don't want them anymore. I'm an addict. Plain faced. Can anybody that has been there tell me what to expect when I go cold turkey? I'm already running off, and sucking up ten or more vicodin to supplement those damn oxys..I feel like dying would be easier, but is not an option. I will not leave my twins here on this Earth before I have to.
im am trying to stop my pain meds. im on methadone and morphine, and i have been on oxys/percocets for over a year. is there anyone that can talk to me and help me with this, i just feel really bad. my name is barbara. from modesto ca.
Barbara this is an OLD thread.  Please go up to the top of this page and click on the orange ask a question ICON and repost.  That way your post won't be missed and you will get the help you need.  DO this, please!

Glad you go here!!!
Tweet, your story speaks to me. I walked those same journeys. You feel like you can't function, which makes you feel horrible because the children and canines need you. I am going to be blatantly honest with you. My experience is I went from using percocets for my back at work. I thought they were so great until I got my hands on Oxycodone. For a little brain food, oxycontin is like aspirin compared to oxycodone. I took them everyday for three years, rather I hurted or not. Because I had a brain fart instead of figuring that I was recreationally using. And self medicating. Well, reality slapped me. I woke up and realized I was an addict. I was neglecting important wonderful things in my life. I know you see all these sites that engulf ones mind into thinking cold turkey is impossible. I am living proof its not. Truth be told, yes the first five days will seem like kissing the devil. Physical pain, nausea, diarhhea, rhinorhhea, (runny nose) tremors, insomnia. Restless legs. Headaches. Depends on yourself individually. Through those days I used my mother duties to see me through, I often begged God to spare me, but in the end decided I had to spare myself. Just as I took the pills myself. For me, I used the Immodium, a banana here and there. A very small stiff drink to calm the edge. Bananas work miracles. Make sure they're firm. Ginger ale and nyquil tabs for aches and mucus. And to be honest a puff of mary jane at night did wonders. After the physical trial, the mental and emotional trial is the killer. You'll think about the high, time seems to move very slowly. And some symptoms will not get right until your body has completely shed the drug. This is my third week clean. I went through urine retention and respiratory distress as well. Now, most of that is gone. I still have horrible BMs. They stink badly and are often watery. When you drop the bomb and it burns your nose and eyes just think how you're expelling POISON that's better left in the toilet than your body. For sleep, I used a little chronic and xanax. And that's how I made it cold turkey. Literally a puff or two will stabilize you immensely. This was my journey alone. And I just wish to give hope to others who had a similar plight. I've just gained an appetite. And I get suddenly drained at any given time. But I'm alive and here. You will be too. I'm a parent. So I would like to share this last tidbit with you. I have six year old twins, even they knew something was wrong with mommy. Which makes you feel worse. If you have family to take them for at least four days do it! Also, you would be surprised how much motivation you'll get from confiding in the right person, face to face. Not for pity. For support. I don't know you but I support you sincerely. You will beat it if you so shall desire. Best wishes.
To tell you the truth there is really nothing that will help. Maybe somethings but not all the way. For your head tho you can use zytec i dont know how to spell it rite but thats what i used and it helped. What i really wanna ask you tho is do you have insurance or no? Cause if you dont have insurance i can give you a number of a place and its for anyone its called the suboxone program or something like that but they will send you to a doctor and you can get on suboxone for a year free i think you only have to pay for your doctors visits and thats it i do know you get the script for free and dont have to pay nothing but let me know and ill get that number for you and explain how it works its real easy. Best of luck
I have been taking oxy for about a year pritty much whatever i can get on the streets about30 to60 milligram a day i wanna stop gow sick will i get please no way to go to a doc
i have stagae 3 cancer and been on oxycodone 30 mg for over a year and i just wanna die already this is the worst drug iv ever been on i would rather die from the cancer then live like this so to all of u guys that have a problem its ok u all will find ur way ill pray for all of u...good luck and keep ur head up beleive in urself
I am 21yrs of age and have been addicted to opiate related drugs since I  was 17yrs of age. My addiction started with having a horrible car wreck messing up many numerous parts of my body. Before I was always a kid to say No to substances such as(pills, marijuana, cigarettes, etc). Now its 4 years later and im trying to quit smoking, fight the mind struggle of short and long term effects of drug abuse, and trying to overcome to stress that comes with it. when I was first prescribed Hydrocodone 5's I would not take them and deal with the pain but was agonizing to deal with on occasions. Eventually it became a point of being able to walk to pursue high school to a point I had to miss numerous numbers of days to where I just had to suck it up and take the medicine by Dr. orders until it was the time for surgery to pull steel out of my body. I missed my surgery appointment and my insurance ran out. After that point I dealed with the fear of how bad I was gonna hurt and how bad addiction had became and the effects of withdrawal were going to effect me from the talks with people who had become addicted to drugs and became quite frightened and seemed as if my addiction and tolerance grew to staggering number of milligrams and pills consumed. I got to where I would do a number of 20 roxycotin 30's a day(on a good day) and anywhere to 4-8 opana 40's and 20's together. I became a wreck and couldnt even take notice of have sick I had became untuil the first time I had ever experienced a partial withdrawal of opiate. Therefore I would go out and buy the name of the medicine from other patients and became broke and lost anything I owned, loved, or the good people I knew. My life has became an overbearing journey I cannot handle anymore. I have been fighting the mind struggle of cigarettes and mainly pill addiction. Every time I am sitting around I cannot seem to get the issue off my mind and think about living in a more civil way. I seem that I have lost my way in life and the things I was in touch with foremost in my teenage years. I become quite frightened and want to turn to an easy way out and that's to get high. I've never used a needle to inject and ive helped others overcome the needle addiction and I feel from that if i can help someone of that addiction that I can help myself and defeat the agonizing thoughts that my life is going nowhere unless Im on medicine. So please anyone, do you have any advice to give a kid that wants to quit living in hell and see the light?
You have posted on a really old thread.  Your question will probably be missed if you don't start a new one.  Please go to the forum and click on post a question and copy and paste your story into it.
Believe me you will get lots of replies from very caring people.
Many of them have overcome their addictions to opiates by doing it at home.
You will receive lots of support from them.
This can be done and you can get your life back. You are young and have the whole world to take on and you can do it sober.
i am currently takin about 60 mg of oxycodone a day for the past yr &1/2  sometimes i may take 90 mg a day no one knows i do that many not my family or co workers they think i just take lortab 5mg of 5/325 from the dr but i also get the 30s on the street it is tearing me apart i can not function with out them i have got to atleast take one a day or im missrabel with the shakes and sickness vomiting runs cant rest at night. i have this past week taken only one 30 per day and a few of them days i broke them in half and just took 15 mg them days but today was horable had no sleep the night before run out of all of my meds 2 days prior to this i think i can get the shaking part under control tomorrow when i get my script of xanaxx tomorrow but i dont know if i can stop cold turkey i tried one time and coulldnt get passed day 3 id give up i was so missrable i went oout looking and 30 min later bam felt like a new man. I need to get off them all together but i have a sever back pain that is got to the point i can not bend over any more my back hurts all the time the dr that gave me the 5/325 suggested i went to a pain managment clinic and the dr up there would write me and help me manage this pain but the people i buy the 30s from say its like 235$ your first visit then like 170$ after the first month. I know what would happen is I would be just like them I would sell enough to pay for my next appt and keep the rest some of the people i buy from just go there and sell all of them and make like 4200 for the moth supply and they dont have anything wrong with them so they sell it. I do not want to go down that road at all I am wandering it seems like I have started to have some control over it by tappering down dut when im totally out and cant even take a half of one i am misrable any suggestions im thinking about getting a few 30 breaking them in half and each day take less and less untill there is no more and also take my xanaxx to help sleep and do the vitamins and the Imodium (immodium) as well i am off from work from a injury i had at work and dont think i will be released to go back at least for another week and im hoping while im off from that I can kick this habit suggestions please would you get enogh to tapper off them or cold turkey while im off from work but please help
I was taking 8-12 15mg a day, rx was for 3 15's a day! I have herniated discs neck and back. Its hell to for the 1st 3 days 4th day little better and that was with taking the the oxy's I'm down to 3 a day and I have my wife hand them out to me and keep my rx under lock and key!  I found that walking and lots of fluid helped me! Just stay busy! keeping going this will end! I went through these WD's a few years back my dr put me on methadone for ankle reconstruction once the pain was gone and was going back to work  I asked him if I needed to ween off it and he said no it will gradually leave your body! NOT that was the worste HELL I've ever went through that took about 6 months to get feeling 60% better! So I must say the oxycodone WD's are way easier (they suck) but You can do it! I'm doing it with you and am going to try some of these vitamins to help! sorry to ramble on and on, just trying to keep my mind off these dang wd's uck.
This has become a terrible epidemic, and I have the same problem as well. I went to a pain management clinic, and was going for over a year now only to find out that they just give you what they think you want because all they care about is money.. Before the clinic, I wouldn't even take asprin or tylenol, but I have sciatica, degenerative disc disease, and scoliosis in my back and I figured a doctor would provide the proper treatment so I could function at work because I am the sole provider of my two small children. The pain just got worse and worse due to my job as a home healthcare aid it requires constant lifting. I saw this "doctor" and gave him my MRI disc it wouldn't pull up so he had me do a couple of exercises and tell him when it hurt. I did, and he said "Oh you have such n such arthritis in your back, Im going to trust what you said about your MRI" and he immediately prescribed me 120 oxy 30's instant release, 90 oxy15's and 60 350mg somas. Don't ever put your trust in a doctor that only cares about money because this stuff will control and ruin your life and that office recently got shut down along with about 7 others. I was lost and in a type of pain I cant even explain or wish upon my worst enemy I found a new doctor told him everything and he is assisting me in getting these pills out of my life! I will soon be getting  non narcotic injections called "trigger shots" and get my life back. Good luck to all who are going through what I am. You can do it even when you feel like you can't I promise. Seek support from family and talk to an honest caring doctor.
To everyone. Suboxone is awsome for coming off oxycodone.I have been taking 3 to 6 30s a day for almost two years. I took sub and i never even thought about snorting a pill the urge was gone, like a miracle. But if you dont wait about 20 hours after your last dose of oxy or any opiate and take sub you will get emergency room sick.If you do it right it can be your ticket out of this pill ruled hell we live in.
What is the best way to get off of Oxycodone's? Should I wean off to the lowest amount, or should I go cold turkey and get it over with? I am a mom of 4, and a nursing student so I need to do whatever method would be best. I was on 3-4 30mg a day and have almost cut that in half already...I have been on pain meds for over 4 years since my accidents and surgeries to replace disc in my neck, I have degenerative bone disease, fibromyalgia...but do not want to be on this type of medication anymore...not sure what I will do about the pain and that is scary in itself, much less thinking about what withdrawls are going to be like, but I have to do this...I want my life back, I don't even feel like myself anymore...so what are the best steps and ways to deal with this considering all of the above?
HI I AM PREGNANT AND ITS DAY FOUR AND IT FEELS WORSE THAN THE FIRST DAY i SAW YOUR POST AND WONDERED IF YOU COULD HELP ME.
YOU CAN REACH ME AT ***@****
ive been on blues for 2 to three years now, and i am withdrawing bad i just need some help n the rght direction, so where do i start to get those medications? I am by myself on this and everytime i stop, someone comes round with them...I just want this junk out of my life..Please help
Wow someone who finally sounds as out of control as me. I am taking 12 of the 30 mg blue oxycodone IRS plus 4 to 5 of the 80 mg oxycontins together at once at least two times a day. I know that would kill an average person, they cannot even knock me out for surgery anymore. I dont know what to do cause if i even go without my meds for just 6 hours I start with sick withdrawal immediately. I am out of control and nothing seems to help. I cannot even imagine going three days without. I am 28 and I have been on some sort of oxycodone since I was 18 everyday . So that is now ten years without ever goin really a day without anything and now that I just went down in a drug raid and not even for my pills but I had taken the next step and started injecting H. Just because it was cheaper and I would run out of my meds 2 weeks into the month. And I know this may sound crazy but coming down off the H was easier for me than coming off the pills I don't know if that's cause I just started doin H for only 4 to 5 months or what but it was like the H was helping me tapper off the pills. Do I sound completely crazy or what . Anyways I am a medical assistant with a 2 year associates degree and I'm on disability. I can't even function anymore. I'm not even a person anymore. But no one even knew I was on anything I was a very functional addict. But now that I'm sure my pills will be taking away from me cause I'm sure the narcs called my doc and they took the pills I did have and stuck my *** in jail for 27 hours til I got bonded out and my whole family found out everything, I felt like the scum of the earth. My big secret is out now and it was crazy to see my family sitting there waiting for me n the look on their faces and the tears that followed when they saw how sick I really get without my meds for just 27 hours and mind u I had never ever been in trouble before, not even a ticket. Anyways the part of with drawl that scares me the most is that like creepy crawly feeling like restless leg syndrome all over my body where I feel like kicking n punchin stuff n the agitation that comes with it. So any suggestions for that. I had already read about the potassium n bannanas so I will give that a try. But just to let all you know there is something called the Waismann Method I think in California where they rapidly detox u under sedation so u don't even feel the withdrawals n when u wake up it was like u were never on it. But it is insanely priced like 10,000.00 plus but I also heard of a cheaper on in Michigan for like 8,700.00 which I know probably none of us have. But its out there just in case anyone wins the lottery. God I wish someone would just pay that clinic for me to go get that rapid detox. If I was lucky enough to get that done I would never even look at a pill again, I would be the happiest person in the world. Cause I can't do this cold turkey or with home remedies or detox or method one or even suboxone cause that put me into crazy with drawl when I tried that. This rapid detox is my only option or I will probably die or something cause I'm also epyleptic, I have seizures already n not having my meds will only make me have seizures more. I'm so screwed any suggestions people. I'm so scarred.

Hey sassy
Welcome to the forum.  First, if you start your own thread you will receive a lot more support.  This thread was started awhile ago and many members will just overlook it.  Go to the forum and click on Post a question and copy and paste this there.

IMO you really need to see a doctor for help due to your medical condition and the amount you are taking.  He can provide you with a good taper plan.  Doctors are very aware of how addicting these drugs are and should help you as addiction is a disease.  If you are totally honest with him, I am sure he will help you.
You may also need rehab.  Your family knows and I am sure they will be willing to help you if you are ready to quit.

Please start your own thread and get other opinions.  
do u know if i will experience bad withdraws; i have been recreationally using percs oxy for last 8 months taking as much as 50mg oxycontin per day and as little as 2 5mg percs. do u think i will have bad long lasting wd's? i know some nights i sweat and cry and kick , my arms flail. wat can i expect?
I am tryin to get off 30mg oxycodone and doing it on my own while trying to work I don't want to get sick and can't afford to take off work I'm already broke from this drug wat should I do
How do I stop taking Roy's 30 mg taking 20 a day at home
Hi mike this is a very old thread and you will get way more responses if you go to the top of the page and click "post a question" You will get a lot of help and support and there are tons of great people on the forum who know a lot of tricks.  Best wishes    
Coming off Oxycidone 15mg QID that was prescribed 3 yrs ago in addition to Morphine 15 mg TID.  I quit the morphine all together last month and reduced the Oxycodone to 10 mg at the same time and this month started 7.5 mg.  Withdrawl (withdrawal) is bad!  
I have aches, irritable, can't sleep and even having visual disturbances.  If I would if been told all this by the idiot doctor when he gave these to me 3 yrs ago I NEVER would of started these.  Never been through anything like this, it's hell.  Any suggestions out there for withdrawals??  Help!  
My 1st question is Can you straight up detox at home with minimum resources ? From Percocet usage 6-8 10mg a day. Now I use them for neuropathy pain and also use gabapentin. My 2nd question will the pain be manageable with out it ? To me it seems like No Way but I'm sure part of that is my addiction talking. I do want to stop but am very scared but have been ready and learning so gonna go from there. But open to hear helpful advice ?
Thank You
pill popper
Im currently taking 9 15 mg oxycodone a day prescribed from my doctor and I want too stop looking for any info or help on what is the best way too do this? Im taking around 130mgs daily any help or info would be Greatly appreciated.Thank You and God Bless :)
hi,  I have been taking pain meds for about 25 yrs, and every month I run out of pills and have about a week of "cold turkey" withdrawal.  It really ***** to not be able to feel normal without a chemical....     I am now trying to stretch 4 pills into 11 days and I know I cant....   My problem is that I cant control my drinking either, which I used up until the last year for my withdrawal periods.    6 rehabs and a dui finally got the best of my drinking days.     If u can handle a few drinks that used to help me a bit.    I even dropped to the level of drinking some Nyquil just to escape the horrible feeling of withdrawal.      This pill crap is just a mess, always chasing my tail but if your like me, its hard to just enjoy life without that little lift.    I know I probably didn't help much, but just to know that your not alone in this crazy tailspin at least helps me.    Let me know if you find a solution, I would love to try something other than more drugs, drugs, drugs....   but it seems impossible.      good luck!!!
First off, you're not a piece of crap. I'm sure your a great person, who obviously cares a lot about your baby to be born, and your self and others, otherwise you wouldn't be online trying to get better. Some one posted earlier, often times the fear of withdrawal is worse than the withdrawal itself. So much of overcoming this addiction is mental and spiritual. You have to only be concerned with the present moment. Only live in the present moment, when you are sweating, suffering, anxiety through the roof, just focus on deep breathing. Much like a bad trip, you have to breathe your way through it and simplify the experience. Also, realize the power and the finality of the word "NO." You have to tell your mind, and yourself NO. Because we all know the tricks your mind plays to rationalize our using, Put it off til tomorrow, I made so much progress, why not just use one more time. But 1 is too many, a thousand is never enough.  The abuse of opiates is a symptom of a bigger problem, a mental one. But I don't wanna get all NA / AA on everybody. Just know this, you will not die from opiate withdrawal. You may feel like you are but you will survive. A friend of mine kicked heroin, meth, and other habits simultaneously while locked up in jail. If you're reading this I'd assume we all are at least in the comfort of our own homes. The first few days are the hardest but they will pass, and every moment your body mind and spirit will strengthen. Be the beautiful person God created you to be. Good luck to all out there dealing with this struggle. I am going through it also, and not for the first time. But hopefully the last. Thanks everyone for the posts and for reading mine.
I KNW EXACTLY WUT YOU MEAN I BEEN TRYING TO QUIT FOR SO LONG.WUT MAKES ME RELAPSE IS THE DEPRESSION I GO THRU AFTER THE WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) BUT LATELY I CANT DEAL WITH THE WD IT SEEMS LIKE THE WD JUST GETS WORSE THE LONGER YOU TAKE THEM THE HARDER THE WD IS AND ALSO I AGREE WITH YOU I HATE TO SEE THE SUN LIGHT AND THE ITCHY THROAT THE COLD SWEATS THE FREQUENCY TO THE RESTROOM THE PAIN IS HORRIBLE THINGS WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER IF THEY JUST GOT RID OF THOSE PAINKILLERS AND FOUND SOMETHING ELSE FOR PAIN THE WAY I GOT HOOKED WAS AFTER MY FIRST BIRTH I GAVE TO MY DAUGHTER I BEEN DOING THIS FOR 14YRS AND IM READY TO QUIT I WANT TO FEEL ALIVE I BEEN GOING TO CHURCH SO THAT GOD CAN GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO LEAVE THIS ALONE I WENT FROM 270POUNDS TO 142 IN LESS THEN A YEAR,,,,WISH ME LUCK I WILL BE FALLOWING THE HOME REMEDY TO QUIT CUZ I BEEN USING TRAMADOL TO TAPER MYSELF OFF IT WORKS BUT THEN I STILL CAN USE THE RESTROOM ND I GET A REALLY BAD PAIN IN MY KIDNEY,HELP ME GOD..THANKS FOR THIS SITE..
Oh my gosh I am not joking I am going through the same exact thing its like you were writing my story down word for word. no body knows. I am very functioning but I have to stop for my little girl. I plan on tapering this week very slowly and then doing the detox method I am hoping that this will be that last time. but its always around day 3 when my body cant take it my mind cant take it and i have to go buy more. if you find a way that helps you please let me know. I am hoping i dont give in this time. I dont have time to lay in bed and sit in baths so I am hoping if i slowly taper off while taking the vitamins and exercising that it might help. but i am also worried that when i have a bad day or something comes up i will go back to taking the same amount that i have been taking now. please keep me updated on how it goes and i will let you know if my method works if i can stay strong enough. I am so glad i read this i have felt like i am the only mother out there going through this.
I feel your pain, I'm going to the same problem. Over a year ago on July 28th 2012 I got injured at work stacking 50 lb and 70lb bags of concrete all day long for weeks. I went to see the Dr and right at the spot he prescribe me hydrocodone 10/325 for back lower pain. I got 2 dislocated disks L4-L5 and L5-S1. After a few months the hydro's wasn't enough  and told my doctor and he send me to pain management, Never in my life saw a pain management and he prescribe me Oxycontin  10/325   after an injection on my lower back. Didn't work at all, then he gave me another injection on my lower back and it didn't work so on August 14 I had my surgery on L-4 L-5 and it help me tremendously. I don't feel the pain anymore but the problem is that a week ago I found out that Lost my case and they stop therapy Doctors visit and they didn;t pay me anything. now I'm stock with no job. no money and on top of that I'm addicted to these pain meds. Please help me. Is there any where that I can go to get help with getting off these medication. I need to start getting me a job so I can provide for my family. they depend on me, I have 2 boys one is 9 and the other one is 6, and my wife. If anybody knows about a clinic that would help me to get off these nightmare, I live in Addison Texas. Thank you in advance for listening and your help.  
Suboxone is just another addicting med. Try some of the other tips here. Good luck.
Hi, folks,

It's impossible for anyone here to know someone's entire medical history, and there may be undetected medical conditions that could be made worse when tapering, so we don't permit tapering/dosage instructions here in the forum. Any withdrawal plan should be prescribed and closely supervised by a physician.    

The original poster doesn't seem to be participating any longer, and in the meantime, many of you have told your stories and asked for help.  In this old thread, there's a good chance your questions will be overlooked, so we're closing this thread to new posts.  If you have a question or would like to start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button at the top of this forum.  Thanks!

Claire
______________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.