Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How Do I Quit Nicorette Gum Successfully?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I quit smoking and started using the patch and then switched to nicorette gum.  I was dignosed with lung cancer 3 years later.  I had 1/2 of my right lung removed and didn't require chemo.  I continued to chew the gum.  At that time the gum wasn't so tasteful as it is now.  

I find now, that I cannot stop chewing nicorette.  I am allergic to all artificial sweeteners and I can't find a gum to replace nicorette with that has sugar.  I find that I prefer the taste of nicorette to anything with sugar that I can find, which is very seldom.

What can I do to get away from chewing gum?  I feel my teeth are suffering from the constant chewing, but I know the patch just won't cut it for me at this point.

Can you help me out?

Merly
Hmmm... talk to your doctor about it? I almost suggested taking up smoking, but that was more a joke and not very funny.
That is a toughy so keep doing searches on google. Think of every way you can word it and perhaps you'll find a reasonable solution..

mram.