Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How can I get off this xanax and hydrocodone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have this weird pain in my groin that wont go away. NO MATTER WHAT I have been to every doctor in the world including the MAYO clinic. Just recently I under more stress than the president and I got hooked up on xanax bars. Now at first they would calm me down. Now I take them and they seem to have no effect. They hydo still work. Plus I was having problems sleeping which I do; I am on Ambien CR; i can take 2 of those and only sleep a couple of hours; I think its because of the Xanax; my brother has a similar problem; I am planning on getting off the Ambien. What I need to is what should I do here; I take 4-5 hydro a day and 2-3 xanax bars. I would like to get off the xanax if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate it. Also I am on Effexor a anti depressant that seems to work it just doesnt seem strong enough doesnt last as long. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Talk with your doc! And I'm going to be honest,the bezo's[xanax] withdrawls are worse than opiates[hydro] and your taking the bars,what are they 2 mg each?Thats pretty high dose,you definitly need a taper plan.Again,strongly suggest you talk with your doc.!!!
With the xanax you should really see a doc or an addiction specialist..they are very dangerous to stop taking on your own. You will need a very slow taper.. cutting back slowly each week or every other week.. 4-6mgs of xanax a day is alot and should not be taken lightly how seriously dangerous it is to stop taking that amount without a proper taper.
Are you planning on stopping the hydro as well??  i would possibly stop those first if you are gonna stop. the xanax will help you go through opiate withdrawal.
I have to take the hydros or i am in pain; i was in alot of stress a ton of **** happened to me and and i was totally stressed; not it seems like i take those bars and they just dont hve the same afffect and another thing; i am having a  huge problem sleeping; i sleep for like 2 hours when i go to bed; do you know if the xanax is taking control of the Ambien CR; i need some serious advice on how to figure this out; i am still stressed but i have taken the xanax .25 and they do nothing; it seems like now the 10mg hydro do better work then the xanax and the ambien cr does not work at all i think any advice would be appreciated thanks
After using Ambien for so long your body will become immuned and they will stop working. Trust me I have been on sleeping pills for the past 6 years same thing happen to me. The best thing for the Ambien problem would be to stop using it at the permission of your doc of course, you'll go through a week or two of sucky sleep patterns but afterwards you will find it nice to go to sleep without any help. It maybe why your other meds aren't working as well, your body eventually builds up a tolerence to any drug and it's initial effect will not feel the same any more.