Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How can I get on this web site?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How can I get on this web site?

I am on day two of taking Hydro...I am hanging in there a Minute  at a time and need support
Hi Denise ,  Welcome , The people here can offer advise & support , Many have recoverd there lifes using this site .
I was takeing 100mg a day Norco . Been pill free now over 2 months thanks to the support i received here.
Day # 2 is a great start , The W/D will ease soon , The first 100 hours are the worst then it gets better day by day .
You will need to eat & drink lots of water , If you just can't eat drink Ensure . You must eat to heal .
Do you still have pills ? Best to get rid of them , In a weak minute you can't take what you do not have ...
I to am over my teenage years (65) and yes its tuffer for us to heal our bodys . Rest , eat , move around , post to pass the time you can do this , the tuff stuff will end stay positive keep fighting ..  Were here to help .. Ron
Thank you so much for posting..I am sore, you know the rest..I have no more pills. Today I had to see a friend that has them all the time and I have been stealing some almost every time I go there...I had to go there today and did not take one..She even left the room..I cannot believe I have stooped this low in my life..I am so upset and disgusted with myself...
welcome D.....we have all felt the shame and disgust of things we've done to get pills.....i am on day 10....still a struggle but i feel better than i did few days ago....i had the luxury of taking off work without anyone knowing what is going on....just rest when you need to.....walk around as much as you can.....drink lots and lots....gatorade....imodium (immodium)....ensure.....anything you can keep down....nothing will taste good for awhile....but please keep posting and know we are here for you!!  just ask alot of questions....i posted alot and stuck to this board like glue....still do....there is some wonderful people on here that have been clean alot longer than me....it's truly a great site.....just keep pushing thru!!!  you can do this!!!!!
Thank you thank you for your post..The leg cramps are starting..I have no energy at all..I did walk almost 2 miles this morning..I am almost done with day two..I guess that is the miracle one day at a time...I have so much to do this coming month and no more pills to help me..I am so glad for that...not really, but I am...I was thinking of starting a journal of my journey and maybe get rid of some of those demons...You know I will...I will start tonight to see my progress...This is a miracle to come here and be honest and know that I am not the only one going through this...Thank you again..Denise
How do I do a status...I am not too good on the computer...
that's awesome that you want to write in the journal.....and for your status..click on your profile and where it says status....click the edit button and you can type in what every you want...then save it i think...keep posting....sounds like you are doing really well.......and for leg pain and aches...hot hot baths for as long as you can sit in them....get some epsom salts for the bath.....they do wonders....makes you relax...keep posting...we are here for you!!!
Whomever you are I could just give you a Big Hug right now.. Thank you for your advice...I will do it
Hi Denise
I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.  You will be on day 3 tomorrow and it may be hard so don't expect too much of yourself.
You should be taking imodium (immodium) as well.  It helps with the bathroom issues and also other withdrawal symptoms.
Try and tell yourself you have the flu for a few days and curl up with a blanket and watch some comedies.
Keep posting.
You are doing really well.
you are more than welcome hon.....i like you was scared when i first joined....still am actually but the people on here are awesome and will help you anyway they can.....any questions just post them...or post in a new question so more people can see..i'm new to this site too and still navigating it so hopefully we can get thru it together!!!  it helps me to help other people even tho i am new at being clean.....i was on norco for ALOT of years so the WDs have been hard.....but it's getting better each day.....just keep posting and listen to some music you like too...that always helps me....we are here to help each other hon.... :)
Hi denise and welcome from me too!  Congratulations for deciding to quit.  And pat and toothfairie gave you some great advice, so hang in there.  You are doing great :)
Day 3, I don't have the runs anymore, but am very tired and no energy..I did not write in a journal, but I did get it out...When I get done writing  I will MAKE myself go for a walk and drink more water today..Is this ever going to end...I think what I am worried about is life after the drugs, but I probably showed not think about that yet..One day at a time...I can't express how amazing all you children of God are in my life right now...Thank you...I will be back in a few hours...Love
Day three congrats. I was also on the pain pills and was really bad on them I was up to 450-550 mg of oxy a day or 300-400mg of opana whatever I could get my hands on really bad news so congrats on catching this and starting to fix it before you let it get that far. Are you taking any vitamins or herbs or anything like that? I didn't read all the above post so they may have already told ya bout the vitamins and stuff to help

Good Luck and Godspeed
ABritt
You are doing great and good for you going for a walk on Day 3.
We have to stay as active as we can to get our energy back.
Make sure you are eating. Even if it's just soup or crackers.
Ensures or boosts are great too and you will need them now for energy.
Don't worry about tomorrow.  We will deal with that then.
Just think about how well you are doing today and that you are not going to use today.
Hugs
Pat
Oh and fluids, lots and lots of fluids.  I love gatorade now, but water is wonderful too.
congrats on day 3 Denise!!  we are still here for you....i know these days seem like 100 hours in them.....but i PROMISE it does get better...we all have had dark days and there is always an end to them.....just keep as active as you can.....i know some days you want to lay around....i still do....but sleep when you can and get up when you can....try to eat solid foods as soon as you can.....it seemed to help me feel better.....good music and hot hot baths worked wonders for me....still do....you got this girl....just keep going thru the fog...it will lift....  we are here for you  
I am very depressed right now..I have to get the energy to take a shower and go car shopping with my daughter...I am so happy I can't get those flipping hydro right now...I am going on my knees for a good talk with my Heavenly Father..Thanks so much for allowing me to tell it like it is without judging...You truly are all angles here...I am still am trying to figure things out from this site..I am 65 years old and not too bright on the computer...I did manage to get myself here and for that Sooo grateful
Denise, I am 61 and am almost 10 months clean from a long term opiate addiction.  I promise you it does get better. I saw you are drinking water...that is good, but try gatorade or ensure as well.  You need to keep hydrated..it helps with the withdrawals overall.  Keep posting..it really works.  I am here to tell you it did for me.
Depression just seems to go with detoxing often.  It will pass.
Getting out with your daughter will really help and good going for forcing yourself to do it.  I know how hard it is but forcing youself to do things really helps with your spirits.
Keep on pushing yourself and don`t forget to drink, drink, drink.  LIke littlebit said, Ensures, boosts or gatorade really help now.
Keep posting.
Thank you, I did get on my knees and now I am going to take a shower..The day is almost over...Thank you so much...I know now that there is no way I can do this without all of you...LOL...Denise
Denise we are all here for you!!!  you are doing great to be able to get out and car shop!!   just keep coming back and posting!!  we will help all we can girl!!  hugs to you!!  stay strong!!  
Hi Denise ,   Way to fight
The depression & energy & sleep will improve , All part of normal detox . Your almost thru with the hardest part of detox . Few more days and you will feel good and be so happy to be pill free . You will go the whole day enjoying things , no more 2-3 hours I need the pills thats over .
Remember you need to eat & drink water to heal .... Make them give your daughter a great deal , next month the 2012 cars are 1 year old ... Ron
Day 4, I doing a little better today, I read a post last night about a lady that lost her son because of a drug mix..I prayed for her last night and this morning..I have 5 children 4 girls and 1 boy..the girls are great, my son on the other hand has a life of drugs, he is now in jail and going to a mental facility, I don't even know him anymore, he has so much brain damage from all the crap he has taken..But I have to tell you with the faith that I have in A Loving Heavenly Father and we are all His children and He loves us He even loves me...I know that her son is in a much better place and that there are things in life that are worst than death, My ex husband of almost 38 years was an alcoholic and I hated alcohol and drugs, but amazing enough I got trapped in pain pill addiction...Do I understand addiction and I never say it coming.. I am still very tired, but the runs are gone and forcing myself to do anything..We did not go car shopping because my daughter had too much school work to correct, so because I made the commitment to go out...I went to the store and bought one of my granddaughter's Christmas present...It was sooo hard...Thanks for listening...
hey denise.  So sorry you are having to deal with all this :(  YOur in my thoughts and prayers!!

Great job on forcing youself to get out on Day 3.  Now you are on Day 4 and the worst is almost over.
Are you feeling any better today?
The depression will lift but yes you will be emotional.  Keep forcing yourself to get out and do things.  It is helping me so much.
I know you have a lot to deal with but your main concern is getting clean and you will be focused and able to help your family.
Keep us updated.
Hugs
Pat
You are so right about the emotion..I am crying so much...I can't believe I got into that trap...I hate drugs and alcohol...I have a girlfriend that has invited me to her house for dinner with others tonight, my first thought was no, but because of all of you, I said yes..I am thinking a little less about the pills, but not much..I am thnking the emotional addiction will be worse, but I will come here and get support and worry about that later...Thanks...
D great job on what your doing. Praise God :-) Its great that youre going to your friends house. Interaction with sober folk having good clean fun. Your so strong. Its double hard when youre a mother too but you did it! You made it over the hurdle. The blues arent fun and sunlight and vitamin D really help with that. Keep it up. Youre an inspiration. :-)
you are doing great Denise!!!  just keep thinking one more day down!!  if you feel up to it, go to that dinner....just keep posting and know we are all here for you and will help you thru this hard time!!  i promise it does get better!!  i was where you are as far as WDs a few days ago....we all have been.....so we know how you feel physically....it will pass....please stay strong and know we care!!  xoxoxo
Hi Denise ,  Your doing it girl , A bit better , sounds so good , your doing great , You will now start to feel a bit better every few days ,
Talk about emotions , about my day #11  I took my grandkids to see Nemo#2 at the movies . Had to get up and leave for 15 min. When Nemo's mother died . Could not stop crying . Here i am with a bunch of kids and i am the one crying .
You will have some up's & down's but Every thing should be back to happy near normal ( sleep & energy , emotions ) by Chrismas .
Great gift to give yourself , A new happier pill free you . Stay strong keep doing what your doing it's working ... Ron  
Nemo's mother died, OH NO, now that is sad.
Having a big crying jag day myself.
I will not go and see that movie.
I just FORCED myself to walk almost 2 miles..Listened to my favorite music..Il Divo and cried a lot..I think my want for a pill today is worse..Thank gosh I don't have any...AND I have this amazing forum here with all of you..I am getting through today without a pill..I will worry about tomorrow later..Thanks...I love your posts, you have no idea how much you are helping me...I feel so alone because I am too ashamed to tell anyone LOL
you are doing great Denise.....and i'm right there with you on the alone part....i haven't told anyone either....maybe someday when we are further into recover...we can find the courage to tell whom ever we think should know....and i also LOVE IL Divo!!!  listened to them alot lately....saw them in concert actually....just keep going strong girl!!  one day at a time and the fog will lift!....it is already parting a little for me on day 12....hang tough girl.....you can do this!!  we are here for you!!!
You even like my boys, I saw them once too..My brother bought me tickets 13th row up...This is really hard and I appreciate the part about telling anyone...I wish I could give a big Hug....Denise
Hi Denise, I can really relate to the feeling alone part! I too, was completely alone! I just couldn't tell anyone about my problem! I was so ashamed and angry that I had let this happen to me! I am the oldest of 4 girls in my family, and I've always been strong, and the leader. I simply could not admit my failure! I still can't! I had to come to realize that this happens to so many people! We did not set out to become addicted to pain medication!

Some day, maybe I will be able to admit my failure! But not yet! Take care, you are doing great! Hang in there, and keep moving forward! You are NOT alone!
Hi Sonnrissa ,  Failure is falling down and not getting up . Takes a strong person to get back up . We are human we error , Take pride in your recovery , You fought a life or death fight thru detox No more talk of shame that was over the day you quit pills. You should feel proud of yourself . Stay strong , think positive ... Ron  
yes i really love their voices.....and pretty easy on the eyes too....lol  just hand in their girl.....the shame will pass...i too have it as well.....just keep plugging thru....you can make this!!  we are all here to support you any way we can....xoxoxo
Thank you, Ron! You are such a sweetheart! Someday, I will get there, and be able to admit what happened! I truly believe that day is comming soon for me! I'm hearing from my family grapevine that my nephew may be struggling with addiction, and it may be time for me to step up and do something to help the situation! That will take me admitting my problem! It's so hard, but I know I have a responsibility! You, are the best!
Holy Cow, can I ever relate to you. I have to be strong too..I am so grateful to be able to come here..I never want to go through this again..I am going to the dinner with friends and I did a little  housekeeping today..Forced myself and I mean forced myself. I am going to take a shower, oh my gosh then I have to wipe it down..I can't believe myself. I have been through a lot of trials in my life, but I think the reason this is so hard is because it is for me....I am not used to doing things for myself, just others..Make sense
I just came back from dinner and it was so hard, but I am home now and leaving in an hour for a meeting at church...During dinner for about an hour I forgot about my pain pills...My arms and neck and back are really killing me right now, I will have to deal with this another way..The day is almost over...Will I ever feel normal again...It has been really long though...The pills help me do so much more than I should for my age...I am just babbling...Sorry..Thanks for listening
Hi Denise , Were here for you , Babble all you want . It passes time .
Try advil with a hot bath , Helps me . Stay positive this will end .. Ron
You know I really believe I am going to make it this time because of all of you...I am so very blessed, When I came home from my meeting the young men and their leaders from my church were putting my Christmas Tree lights outside...I made them Hot chocolate and for a few hours I did not even think of a pill, Just Gratitude, And my daughter bought her car..Great deal...I love you guys and I am done with day 4...Tonight has given me hope...Love you
You are doing amazingly well.  Day 4 and you did all that, Wow!!!  I am impressed.  It is so nice when we reach a point where we totally forget about pills and find ourselves enjoying life anyway.

The worst is over for you physically.  You just have to keep on drinking lots of fluids and make sure you are eating well.
Treat your body just like you are recovering from an illness as you actually are.
Keep posting.  I love reading about your days.
girl you are doing great!!  just hang in there....this will pass....just keep thinking that.....and one day soon you will wake up and feel so much better!! please keep posting and know we are all here for you.....it's great you are getting out....take one hour.....one min at a time.... hugs to you!!!!  
I just have so much gratitude for all of you...You are all making the difference in this struggle...I was too afraid to tell anyone and then I found all  of you...You are all my angels...
Hey Denise! I hope you sleep well tonight! It's funny, you talk about how much support you are getting here, but honestly you are giving support to me also! I love reading about your day! You have such an amazing attitude, and even though I am a long ways from my withdrawal week, sometimes I get down and it really lifts me up to read about someone who is making it through this and beginning a new path in life! You are doing great! Keep moving forward! You are getting there! Keep posting!
This is Day 5..What a difference from day 1,,,I am feeling better today, I have lots to do, but I am only going to do what I have to do...I know all of it will be making myself do it..My making myself doing it is paying off...I take Ambein at night, but later not right now I want to get off those too and not have any drugs in my body...I take one like prescribed, I don't take anymore, but like I said I want to get off those too..Not until I get through with this hydro addiction..I have a bunch of Xanax, but I rarely take those, only when I have a panic attack, but I am dealing with those myself.Deep breaths, but sometimes I have to take one..I usually forget I have the Xanax... Today I am going to put together a dinner for my neighbor who had surgery..Service always makes me feel better,,I forget about my problems...I will check in later...Love you guys and Have a Great Day Or Minute or hours, Boy do I know about that...Hugs Denise
I just got ready to go to the store and get my stuff for the soup I am making for my neighbor, she just had surgery yesterday..I am here because I am crying and why is this so hard...I literary forcing myself. It would make it so much easier with my pills..But I don't want to go there again...I am getting to old, it is way past time of taking care of myself..I am off...Love Ya
Hey sweety
Be prepared for a total lack of energy for awhile.  Yes you have to force yourself to do things but don't take on too much.  It's too overwhelming,
You are on Day 5 and you are doing extremely well.
Baby steps.  You can't take on the world right now.
I was happy with a walk around the block on Day 5.
Please take care of you right now.  
Your energy will come back but it takes time.
Keep hydrating and taking your vitamins.  Walks, clear your head and give you time to think good thoughts. The Fresh air just feels great.
Don't worry about everyone else now, that's for later.
Just concentrate on you getting better for awhile.
Big hugs

Pat
Hi Denise , Remember all this is normal detox . Your doing so good tell yourself Day#5 will be better then day#1 thank God.  You are thru the worst part now . You need to stay positive , Proud of yourself for fighting the fight for your life back .
Pats post is right on the money great advise. Few more days and you will be feeling so much better .... Ron
Denise- I just want to say that I have read all your posts and it has helped me so much. I am right along with you....I am on day 4. Everything is so taxing, time so slow, and energy non existent. But getting better! I have been taking l-tyrosine. Have you tried it? Has helped me a ton. I am taking care of my kids, 1 and 4 and it has taken everything I have. I cannot believe I started taking pills but here I am. No more! Anyway, just want to say you are not alone and are inspiring me to do things too. Good for you!
I can't tell you how you all mean to me...I am crying right now...I put the soup on and I am soooo dang tired..My legs are cramping and I want a pill, but really no I don.t...I HATE what those have done to me....I have some stuff over the counter for leg cramps..I just feel like crap, but not like day one and two..I t is so great to come here and vent and have someone that knows what you are going through...I think I have taken too much upon myself today...I am also doing laundry and taking my brother to get new Tennis Shoes..I take care of my younger 58 year old brother..He has dementia and epileptic..But for right now I am going to take a break and watch a chick flick Christmas movie..Thank you so much
Great Idea.  Take a break and watch something uplifting.
You have so much on your plate so try not to take on anything extra.
You just reminded me that I threw a load of laundry in last night and it's still sitting in the washing machine.  Oh Well lol.  It will get done, eventually.
So glad you are understanding this is normal.  Your energy will come back.  It just takes time.  Keep nourishing your body and take time for you.
Hi denise ,  To eat a Elephant you must do it one bite at a time . Your getting there , relax watch your movie .... Ron
What I would normally be doing right now is trying to find a way to get more pills, instead I am here on this wonderful site...You are so right you can eat an elephant one bite at a time..Why can't I remember that for myself.. I am always hard on myself...I am leaving now to shoe shop for my brother...Oh my gosh, one foot in front  of the other..So grateful I can talk here..Hugs
Oh my gosh can I relate...I have done a lot today..Two loads of wash,,Did a little grocery shopping because I had to..Made a big pot of Homemade soup..Took my brother with dementia shopping for shoes..I wish I had the same patience for him and everyone else for myself...I am having a hard time right now..You hang in there too..This is such a great place...I am beginning to wonder if I will ever feel whole again..I don't even remember if I ever did...Or what is it anyway..Hee hee.. Hang in there and I will too. Almost done with day 5..Tomorrow I have to leave at 5:15 and will be back by noon..I am so happy I have 5 days because there is no way I could go there tomorrow ..
congrats on day 5!!  you are doing great to be doing so much for everyone and yourself as well...hang in there!!  you can beat this!  we are all here for you and have been in your place  xoxo
I am going to bed in a few hours because I have to leave at 5:15..I am so dang tired, I know I did way too much today..I feel like crap, but grateful ..Make sense...Love you guys..
i am going to bed in few hours myself.....i'm exhausted.....hope you get some good sleep too....i have my first counseling session tmrw...so hope i don't stay up all night worrying about it....i know it will exhaust me so maybe i can nap when i get home.....lol  good look to you tmrw as well!!  
I have been  through tons of stuff myself, so if you need to talk...You are Strong and A Heavenly Father that Loves you and He even Loves Me...Night Night
thank you Denise.....i needed to hear that.....good luck and sweet dreams!!  we will be here tmrw!!  
Hi Denise, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope you are getting some good sleep! Let us know how are are feeling in the morning! Take care!
Wow, day 6, I had a lot more energy last
Friday, but of course I was on my pain meds...I am leaving in a few min. and will be back around noon..A foot in front of the other. My head is starting to clear a little...Is that normal..I would do such stupid things on these drugs..like lose things, forget where I put something..I am scatter brained enough, I don't need drugs to help me...I am still thinking how great to have a pill this morning..Is my brain fried or what...Love you guys..Talk to you around noon...Have a great Friday..We have so much to be grateful for...
Day 6, just got back from my service...I am so tired, i don't care how is coming over this afternoon, I am taking a rest..Am I ever going to feel like a human being again...I have done many day 6, but this is sooo different for me..Normally at this time I would be trying to find a way to get more pain pills...No such thing..Hard though..Talk to you later Denise..Hope everyone is good today
I feel the same way. Day 6 last time I would be looking for more too. Good for you to be out doing stuff! I am a day behind you but feeling better. Take a nap if you can!!!
just checking in to see how you are doing girl??   day 6 right???  yayyy! that's great!!  congrats on getting this far!!  i know it's a rough road right now but it does get better!  hang in there and let us know how you are doing....try and rest too if possible!!
Does it really get better,,I am so tired, I even took a nap...My daughter keeps asking me what is wrong with me...I tell her I am just not feeling good..I hate to lie , but that is just the way it is right now..I have God and my angels..Hang in there too ...Love ya Denise
well we have to tell little white lies to protect our children sometimes....i'm doing the same thing....someday maybe when we are better and more clear headed we can tell it all...i hope so....and yes it DOES get better.....i'm feeling better....just get really tired sometimes still but energy takes it's time to come back....stay strong and know you're in the fight of your life....you can do this!!  many many people on here are years clean and they keep coming back to support people just like us....i'm hoping to do the same thing....take care and we are here for you...
Hi Denise , The energy does come back ,
I was so tired then about day 8 -10 i  started to feel it getting better . by day 30 energy & sleep were near normal again. Relax , don't over think this , no stress needed now  , eat & drink , stay positive , do thing when you can . Soon this will be over and you will feel good again .
Remember how as a kid you were happy and started every morning with energy .
Thats what this 65 year old guy feels like pain pill free , You will to .. Ron
Thanks I really needed to hear that..I really want a pill right now, but honestly it not an option...I have to get through this...My daughter and one of my friends are coming over in a few min. and we are going to pop popcorn and watch a Christmas movie...I just took a shower, feel a little better...Thanks for telling me it will get better, I really need your support..Oh by the way I make my popcorn with coconut oil, so good.. Love you Denise
Oh my gosh, I am so looking forward to that..I too am 65 ..I am so grateful I have all of you..especially knowing what is coming because you have been there and the shame is not as bad..Denise.
Hi Denise! You are doing great! I am simply amazed at all you are doing! I am 53 and around 6 months clean and I can't do all that stuff! (smile) You should definately be through the worst physical stuff now! There will still be some sluggish days, and sleep may be an issue for a while! But you should start generally feeling better and better each day! Keep it up and move forward! Attitude is everything! Be very proud of how what you have accomplished! Big hugs!!
Day 6, I just came back from an hour walk...That last half mile was tough..I am tired but feeling better today..I still want the pills....Please tell me that goes away..After I get through the physical I think it will be the mental..I know don't over think...Have a Great Day...Denise
girl all we can do is take day by day.....min by min...i know it s**ks but try to get busy if the cravings start....know that we are right there with you...and going thru same thing....it will get better day by day....hang in there hon!!!
Thanks for reminding day by day, I had started that journal I was talking about...I only wrote a few entry...I need to do more of that so I can see my progress...Thanks so much for being here for me and not judging me..Love you
Denise we are not here to judge anyone.....we have all been thru what you are going thru....and we are here to help each other.....i'm getting lots of support from the site from day one.....just know we care and want the best for you!!  so keep fighting it does get better!!  keep posting!!  
I went to a movie today and my energy is gone..I was thinking all I am doing is complaining and I am the one that put myself here...You guys are the best..
girl thats awesome that you went to see a movie!!  i've been glued to the tv and this site...lol  i got out earlier and took a walk.....of course it tired me out...but felt good to be in the sun
I am so glad you went for a walk..Just force yourself to walk a little more each day...This is what I have been doing...I am always so happy to hear from all of you...I normally hardly go on the computer ..Now I am glued...Love you
I am almost done with day 6 and feeling very anxious..Is this part of what I am going through...Thanks for listening...Denise
yes it's normal.....i'm on day 15 and was anxious/depressed for most of the day.....yesterday was a pretty good day tho.....so it will come in waves....just hunker down.....watch funny videos on YouTube like i've been doing all day....laughing releases natural endorphines in the brain and will help a little...:)   pick a show that you like and look up their gag reel/bloopers.....makes for some good laughs
You're doing GREAT on day 6, Denise.  I was a complete foreigner to any type of forum when I got off opiates.  You have already come a long ways and are doing way more than I was at Day 6.

A hot pad was my friend for many, many days.  I used a full body size (or the big one) and put it on my chest.  It calmed me down and helped relax me when I would shake, shiver or get anxious.  It feels like an elephant is sitting on your chest, huh?  It happens still to me, anytime I get stressed about the slightest thing.  It passes.  And I'm sure as we heal longer, the anxiety will get better, too.
Are you taking L-Tyrosine?  Any relaxing herbs? Emergen-C packets that you mix w/water word really well, too, as they are recd instantly to your cellular level and they have Vit C, all the B Vitamins, All the essential minerals and electrolytes, too.  You can buy them in any flavor that floats your boat.  I drank Carnation Instant Breakfasts (milk chocolate) rather than ensure or boosts.  They tasted a lot better to me, were cheaper by far, and have all essential nutrients in them.  In fact, my back surgeon included Instant Breakfast on my post surgery list of ways to get protein and other nutrients.  

One last thought....since this thread from your original post is getting so long, you are welcome to post a new question and start a new thread.
You can post a new question or comment any time you like and then you won't have to page down so far to see the latest comments.  You're already up to like 78 comments on this thread!  You are loved for sure!!
You go girl~
I drag my heating pad all over the house with me. I am at the end of day 4. I had a few hours this morning when I felt somewhat human. But have been curled back up with my pad for too many hours. I couldn't take the showers or baths that were helpful to so many. No matter how hot the water I would shiver. Walking around helps the anxiety.
Now, see I did not even know that about re-posting a question...I don't want to lose my friends here..Will that happen? I am not very good on the computer and it is a miracle I found this site..It truly was God. I am taking Vitamin B in liquid from Sprouts and Vitamins..Liquid from Costco..Tomorrow is Sunday and happy about that.I always go to church...I love it...Let me know about a new question...Thanks for caring...Have a great night...Denise
This information is really helping as I now realize that this is a process...I have So many blessings in my life and I don't want to screw it up...I sure love all of you..My sweet Angels..
You're doing so good Denise.  And please don't feel like the lone ranger about learning how to do what on this forum.  I'm still learning a lot of things.  You have a very open and teachable spirit.  You bless me a lot and don't even know you do!!

To start a new thread.....after you read this, right after the last comment here on this thread is a blue <Back to community  Just click on that and you'll be at the beginning of the board activity again.  Look for the orange box that says "post a question" and click on that....then type your new one.  You can update, comment or ask a question by doing that.  And NO you won't lose your support or your friends.  Actually, as each person comments on a poster's thread, it bumps that particular thread right back up to the top.  
Your faith is strong....it really Shines thru!    And your attitude of gratitude is delightful~~
Bless you bunches~
Hi I went to back to community and got lost, I asked a question and can't find anything...Unless I figure it out I will stay here...I am getting ready for church and is hard..I keep thinking how much better I would feel if I had a pain pill..What crazy thinking but it is what it is..So grateful I can be honest here...I still don't have much energy, but for an old broad of 65, I do pretty well...Thanks again for being here...Love ya Denise
It's ok....just keep postin here.  Don't stress yourself about it.  We'll all just hang right here with you.  Your brain telliing you that you'd feel better with a pain pill is what opiate addicted brains DO!  Just ignore the "voices" tempting you......you'll come home from church and be in a "new place".

When you called yourself an old broad, it made me grin......my Dad who died of ALS in 1999 used that word!!  And you're NOT an old broad:):)
I am leaving in a few minutes and really have no energy, but I have to make myself go because I have a small presentation to do...I know I will learn something that I need because it is such an effort...When we make an effort we learn...Let you know what I learned..So grateful I can come here..Here I go with my Happy Face and smile and dying on the inside..
GOOD LUCK!!   you are so brave for going out while you feel this way!!  inspiration to us all!  :)
You go girl!!!  Let us know when you get home and how you make out.
You are really doing so well and should be so proud of yourself.
"when we make an effort we learn"  You have Wisdom my dear one!!!!
Can't wait to hear what the lesson was......I'm learnin from you, too!
Will be waiting for you......of course after you get comfy in your nest!!
Denise !! You are all heart,  xoxox keep coming back,I'm on day 4 and its not cold turkey either. U are forcing herself, strong woman,   I thought I was ok, then next minute no, this is a ride. Last night felt great, today is bad.   We will come out better, already glimpses of what a great life, being clean.  U. Truly inspire me !!!!!!! I'm so proud of you !!!! Come back, lean on us as I lean on all of you.   Amazing people here, I could cry.   Xoxox.     Keep positive, GOD BLESS YOU DOLL.....and all his glory is shinning down on you !!!!
Clean my dad died in 1999 and broad reminded me of him.   As he looks over me now ...my gosh I think 8 hrs of child birth is easier then this.    Just gotta stay with friends and here.as there's hope here and soon many nice people, it's amazing.   Each day our body is thanking us as it rejuvenates itself to where it should NATURALLY be.    So through the mud we walk, until bingo...we all suddenly feel greatness again.     I'm hanging in there.   I am inspired by you Denise, what a pillar of strength you are. So glad you are here.  Your not old, your wise :) and beautiful.   I swear if any of u live in Los Angeles or near..when it's all done, we do lunch.  Xoxoxox.   Lynn
Denise your so cute, your even keeping humor in the face of such a big fight, I am 46 and can't keep up with you !!!! I'm darn proud of you.maybe I outta get up, I'm sitting here lifeless,  and ur thoughts are not a fried brain.  U manage to make me laugh and cry. I love your style, cancer and grace. And my butts gonna try to follow your strength , I'm getting out, and I'm doing it because I see u do it, ok..or I wouldn't , so god bless you beautiful soul....keep it up, heck I need you.   Xoxox.    Inspired - Lynn
Hope I don't offend anyone, but here it is..Back from Church..Want a pill all day, but I love My Savior and I know He loves each and everyone of us and not matter how dark our places are in life there is always light in Him..Also know He send us Angels to help us because we are so important to Him and He knows us by name..Our trials here on earth is but a short moment and with these trials we learn and we grow and we help one another. I realize that it was not my choice to addicted to pain pills, but it is my choice to not have anymore. And this is what I choose for Today...One Day at A Time..One Hour, One minute..I am so grateful for the angels that my Heavenly Father has sent to me on this forum...Trust me if you really knew me you would understand that me finding my way here was a gift from God...Love you guys..I will be back...I still want a pill..Not taking one though...Not today....
I say we go to Disneyland..I go there quite often to visit two of my girls and I can get three people in for free..Yeah..D-land...Here we come and clean to boot...Love you
You are the best , Gods a big part of my recovery and strength. I believe we cross paths for a bigger reason.  Today started bad , but I feel good right now, this minute.    Denise I see you said u became forgetful. I did,mforget to pay property taxes,,lost stuff, was daring also. Taking risks, being stupid. The oxy and perks made me down right crazy. Risking things. I was a mess and didn't even see it .     Maybe it's why we want to quit, that high is no longer, it's destroying us.   The trade of is not worth our life, health, freedom.  I hate oxy and all that junk. It's my enemy. My biggest enemy. Whatever made me wanna kick the habit and give me the courage after. 3. 1/2 yrs is unclear. We know when it's time.   Anything worth a damn never comes easy, and here we sit.    I will say keeping busy makes me forget about my pitty party zombie feeling, we need to get our minds busy,milling again, with the new and improved " us" .   I left and got some paint and then stopped by a rental that the people just moved from, it was the worse condition I've seen , and its local, but you would swear they didn't move. Leaving nice things behind.   I was sad, but then I began feeling happy as I started to clean and stop thinking of the aches and pains of detox.     Life works in weird ways, u Denise inspired me to leave today, I almost wasn't.    I love you guys and need you. I don't think I could do this as painless and scared and alone feeling. ........   So I appreciate all of you peace and detox come to us all !!!!! God Bless- Lynn
Holy Cow, it is day #7  Still tired and still want the pills and still think about them, but my choice is not to take any today..Today I am going to make a list of a few things to do to keep my mind off the pills..You are so right I too , lost things or misplaced and hurt my back more because I was always on the go...I am really sick of that..Life is hard enough, we don't need crap like this to make it worse. I will probably be here quite a bit today because this is my refuge..I don't feel alone and you are so right the pitty pot is not becoming..The list will help with that and here...Have a good day all..Love you Denise
i hope your day gets better hon.....this will be my first day back to work....i got in at 1pm so i have a few hours to get myself psyched up for it...yes just try to keep yourself busy and before you know it the hours will be clicking off..
Remember an hour at a time at work and then it is lunch time and then you are on your way home..You hang in there too...We can do this...I have been up for hours...I have been reading and forcing myself to eat breakfast and go for a walk....Check in on you later...Hugs Denise
You are still rocking it I see!!  Good for you.  Don't try and be superwoman but yes it is good to force yourself to do things.  I am still doing that.
It's Day 17 and it still takes me awhile to get moving.
I do find I am dealing with things more though.  Not burying my head in the sand so much lol.
I am still waiting for energy to come back but it has improved quite a bit.
I thought yesterday how much energy we had as kids and how I couldn't even remember that feeling.  Jumping out of bed and just going all day long.  
Wow, to have half of that energy again.
I am just getting ready for my walk..I am crying and feeling depressed, I am off...Talk to you later...Love ya Denise
Am I ever going to get my energy back...I still have to FORCE myself to do anything...It was a killer doing my walk...Now I have other things to do and I would rather die...I know I will hang in there...Thanks for listening the babble...Off to do my errands.. I really hate this..But I won't and can't go back to the pain pill, I don't care how much energy they give me...At the end they did not even work...It had to be more and more..How sick is that...Love you
This has been a really hard day..I managed to walk tww miles this morning..Picked up my brother's meds an went to Costco..I am so dragging...I am going to do a little housework..No energy..I am going to see my other daughter this coming weekend and we are going to the theater with the grand-kids...Oh my gosh, I know I can't think that far ahead..This is really hard, I will get through today and worry about tomorrow..I will come back later to vent...Love you
How did your day go...I was having a really bad day today..But getting better and I can't wait until all this crap is over...What a journey..There is no way anyone can do this alone..You take care sweetie
Denise, it comes back slowly.  I am on day 17 and still really suffering but I stayed in bed for 5 years so i am really hurting.  Also have fibromyalgia so please don't let me discourage you.  
I have noticed am improvement though from the first week.
I think yours will come back sooner than mine.
You are doing everything you can to get it back so just keep on doing what  you're doing.
Thanks I needed to hear that...What a struggle this all is...But we know the old saying..I didn't it was going to be easy, but it will be worth...I can't wait for some of that...You take care too...Love Denise
Yes we abused pills for a long time so we can't expect to feel great in a short time.  I am just hoping I feel well by Christmas or a couple of days before lol.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad day!!  i promise it gets better!!  just hang in there!!!  just keep fighting thru it!!   my day was OK....but i made it back to work....so that's one more milestone behind me!!  really tired now....but i knew i would be....lol   hope you get better soon!!  you got this girl!!  
But I ask you why not get better in a day..Just kidding...
girl if i knew the answer to that....i'd bottle it and patent that s**t!!!  hahahaha
I am reading this thread because my son died from an accidental overdose of hydrocodone last year.  His addiction started with a prescription from his doctor for a sprained back.  It got to the point where he was taking more and more pills each day to ease the pain until he finally went to sleep and his breathing shut down and he didn't wake up.  How I wish he had found this site to give him the courage all of you have found.  His wife and 3 little girls are still almost lost without him.  I miss him so much my body hurts. Please continue to come here and write what you need to.  Get it off your chest.  Don't let the "voice" tell you that you need a pill. Please, please, all of you stay here, help each other and stay alive. Don't leave loved ones behind to wonder "what if."  Be strong.
Sorry for the double post.  I'm a dinosaur still using a typewriter.
Thank you so much for your post..I am so very sorry about your loss..I remember thinking many times when I was using that I might die in my sleep...Your post will help many people..This is a very serious addiction..I hope that there will be more control in how easy it is to get pain pills after injures so this won't  happen to others..Big Hugs...
Thank you for sharing your pain and encouraging all of us.  Hydros for legit pain was how I started out, too,  When I read what happened to your son, I gasped.....and thought
"there but for the grace of God go I"
Hey, i have been taking heroin & 30ml methadone for 12 years , Then i lost both parents within a year , i was left a huge house & a few ┬úss.I have no other family soooooo i had to get clean ,as i had had enough of  the crazy "drug addicted crap lifestyle " so i cut down from 30ml methadone..in 2 weeks to nothing, also stopped the heroin iv 2 weeks before the meth cut down, i was fine for the 1st 5/6 days... Then BOOM the wd was just horrendous ,i was throwing up for 16 hrs straight ,with blood in the bile!!! i was in acute wd goose bumps size of boiled eggs!! burning up, sweating, ohh musn,t for get those lovey chills , i honestly thought i was going to DIE!! to be truthful wished i would die .... this terror/torture went on for 2days none stop ! Anyway i read on here that imodium (immodium) & zantac stop opiate wd ??? so my partner went to the pharmacy  got me 4 packs of imodium (immodium) 12x 2mg , also got me a bottle of grapefruit juice .... i took 2packs = 54ml+ 1 zantac, take the zantac 20 mins before imodium (immodium) with grapfruit juice ,  Then just wait , within 1 hour 85/90% wds will  subside , I have been on this recipe for 3 days now , & i feel tip top!!!!!  i have been clean now 14 days , PLEASE TRY THIS /DONT SUFFER IN AGONY  IM LIVING PROOF IT WORKS ) I still cant believe it myself , all the horrendous detox,s iv been through .......... imodium (immodium) + zanax = no wd  & im sleeping too bout 6hrs a nite ...still no real appetite , it,ll come :)  also drink plenty of fluids , no alcohol ...... it worked wonders for me , good luck , let me know how you get on  ,
(

Day #9..Been up since 4 am..Can't go back to sleep...I am still anxious, but I feel a little better...I am so grateful I can come here and vent...I am going for a walk right now and FORCE myself to to anything else...Thanks for listening...Have a great day everyone...Denise
I am coming to you because I know you are my age..Day 9..So flipping tired and I have to make myself do anything..Today I walked almost 3 miles and I cleaned my floors and shook the rugs ...I will make a large batch of cookies after a little rest...I am so used to 100 times more energy even without the drugs..Will I ever be normal again, whatever that is...I just want some of my life back...Those pills have really screwed me up...Thanks for listening....Denise...I don't even know what I am doing on this site...Love D.
Right here with you! Day 9. No energy....I am 33 with two little kids. Right now my youngest is sleeping and I am watching tv with my 4 year old. So hard! I feel so guilty....he never watches as much tv in the past 9 days as he is now. :( we are usually busy doing stuff. Anyway, I am here if you need to talk. I understand!
Good for you on days!   I hope to be back there again.  I made it almost 30 days and let the demon take control.  So now I sit here on day 2 of wd looking forward to putting them b ehind me once and for all.  The mental part really is harder because u like wd, we don't know for sure when it ends and it comes in waves.  If you can do this, its and inspiration for me.  Thank you for sharing.  
What a blessing your are doing this at your young age...All of us seems that we have all been in that trap of pain relief and then get addicted...I am 65 and never even drank soda, When I was on those pills I started drinking Pepsi...Now I don't crave it anymore...Those flipping things can really screw up your life...If you can put your kids in a stroller in the morning or later today and take them for a little walk..I know my walk even though I was dead when I came back did help...We have to do this...Thanks Sweet girl...Love Denise
Hey Denise
Your energy will come back.  Just think about how much more you have than a week ago.
You walked 3 MILES. You came home and cleaned and are going to bake cookies.  I think you have a lot of energy.  I can only imagine what you are going to do when it all comes back lol.
Seriously, you are doing amazing.  We can't rush it.  It will come back.  
I am still not up to par but I have noticed a big difference.
I can stand a lot longer and my walks are getting longer but nowhere near 3 miles.
I know, I can hardly wait for mine to come back full too, but I guess, we can't rush it.
Thank you , I needed to hear that...This is not even 1/4 of what I normally do...I will never be what I was with the pills...But I am normally high energy..This is really hard for me...But the day is done now...I am almost done the dishes from the cookie mess...Love you...