How can I get on this web site?
I am on day two of taking Hydro...I am hanging in there a Minute  at a time and need support
Denise we are not here to judge anyone.....we have all been thru what you are going thru....and we are here to help each other.....i'm getting lots of support from the site from day one.....just know we care and want the best for you!!  so keep fighting it does get better!!  keep posting!!  
I went to a movie today and my energy is gone..I was thinking all I am doing is complaining and I am the one that put myself here...You guys are the best..
girl thats awesome that you went to see a movie!!  i've been glued to the tv and this site...lol  i got out earlier and took a walk.....of course it tired me out...but felt good to be in the sun
I am so glad you went for a walk..Just force yourself to walk a little more each day...This is what I have been doing...I am always so happy to hear from all of you...I normally hardly go on the computer ..Now I am glued...Love you
I am almost done with day 6 and feeling very anxious..Is this part of what I am going through...Thanks for listening...Denise
yes it's normal.....i'm on day 15 and was anxious/depressed for most of the day.....yesterday was a pretty good day tho.....so it will come in waves....just hunker down.....watch funny videos on YouTube like i've been doing all day....laughing releases natural endorphines in the brain and will help a little...:)   pick a show that you like and look up their gag reel/bloopers.....makes for some good laughs
You're doing GREAT on day 6, Denise.  I was a complete foreigner to any type of forum when I got off opiates.  You have already come a long ways and are doing way more than I was at Day 6.

A hot pad was my friend for many, many days.  I used a full body size (or the big one) and put it on my chest.  It calmed me down and helped relax me when I would shake, shiver or get anxious.  It feels like an elephant is sitting on your chest, huh?  It happens still to me, anytime I get stressed about the slightest thing.  It passes.  And I'm sure as we heal longer, the anxiety will get better, too.
Are you taking L-Tyrosine?  Any relaxing herbs? Emergen-C packets that you mix w/water word really well, too, as they are recd instantly to your cellular level and they have Vit C, all the B Vitamins, All the essential minerals and electrolytes, too.  You can buy them in any flavor that floats your boat.  I drank Carnation Instant Breakfasts (milk chocolate) rather than ensure or boosts.  They tasted a lot better to me, were cheaper by far, and have all essential nutrients in them.  In fact, my back surgeon included Instant Breakfast on my post surgery list of ways to get protein and other nutrients.  

One last thought....since this thread from your original post is getting so long, you are welcome to post a new question and start a new thread.
You can post a new question or comment any time you like and then you won't have to page down so far to see the latest comments.  You're already up to like 78 comments on this thread!  You are loved for sure!!
You go girl~
I drag my heating pad all over the house with me. I am at the end of day 4. I had a few hours this morning when I felt somewhat human. But have been curled back up with my pad for too many hours. I couldn't take the showers or baths that were helpful to so many. No matter how hot the water I would shiver. Walking around helps the anxiety.
Now, see I did not even know that about re-posting a question...I don't want to lose my friends here..Will that happen? I am not very good on the computer and it is a miracle I found this site..It truly was God. I am taking Vitamin B in liquid from Sprouts and Vitamins..Liquid from Costco..Tomorrow is Sunday and happy about that.I always go to church...I love it...Let me know about a new question...Thanks for caring...Have a great night...Denise
This information is really helping as I now realize that this is a process...I have So many blessings in my life and I don't want to screw it up...I sure love all of you..My sweet Angels..
You're doing so good Denise.  And please don't feel like the lone ranger about learning how to do what on this forum.  I'm still learning a lot of things.  You have a very open and teachable spirit.  You bless me a lot and don't even know you do!!

To start a new thread.....after you read this, right after the last comment here on this thread is a blue <Back to community  Just click on that and you'll be at the beginning of the board activity again.  Look for the orange box that says "post a question" and click on that....then type your new one.  You can update, comment or ask a question by doing that.  And NO you won't lose your support or your friends.  Actually, as each person comments on a poster's thread, it bumps that particular thread right back up to the top.  
Your faith is strong....it really Shines thru!    And your attitude of gratitude is delightful~~
Bless you bunches~
Hi I went to back to community and got lost, I asked a question and can't find anything...Unless I figure it out I will stay here...I am getting ready for church and is hard..I keep thinking how much better I would feel if I had a pain pill..What crazy thinking but it is what it is..So grateful I can be honest here...I still don't have much energy, but for an old broad of 65, I do pretty well...Thanks again for being here...Love ya Denise
It's ok....just keep postin here.  Don't stress yourself about it.  We'll all just hang right here with you.  Your brain telliing you that you'd feel better with a pain pill is what opiate addicted brains DO!  Just ignore the "voices" tempting you......you'll come home from church and be in a "new place".

When you called yourself an old broad, it made me grin......my Dad who died of ALS in 1999 used that word!!  And you're NOT an old broad:):)
I am leaving in a few minutes and really have no energy, but I have to make myself go because I have a small presentation to do...I know I will learn something that I need because it is such an effort...When we make an effort we learn...Let you know what I learned..So grateful I can come here..Here I go with my Happy Face and smile and dying on the inside..
GOOD LUCK!!   you are so brave for going out while you feel this way!!  inspiration to us all!  :)
You go girl!!!  Let us know when you get home and how you make out.
You are really doing so well and should be so proud of yourself.
"when we make an effort we learn"  You have Wisdom my dear one!!!!
Can't wait to hear what the lesson was......I'm learnin from you, too!
Will be waiting for you......of course after you get comfy in your nest!!
Denise !! You are all heart,  xoxox keep coming back,I'm on day 4 and its not cold turkey either. U are forcing herself, strong woman,   I thought I was ok, then next minute no, this is a ride. Last night felt great, today is bad.   We will come out better, already glimpses of what a great life, being clean.  U. Truly inspire me !!!!!!! I'm so proud of you !!!! Come back, lean on us as I lean on all of you.   Amazing people here, I could cry.   Xoxox.     Keep positive, GOD BLESS YOU DOLL.....and all his glory is shinning down on you !!!!
Clean my dad died in 1999 and broad reminded me of him.   As he looks over me now ...my gosh I think 8 hrs of child birth is easier then this.    Just gotta stay with friends and here.as there's hope here and soon many nice people, it's amazing.   Each day our body is thanking us as it rejuvenates itself to where it should NATURALLY be.    So through the mud we walk, until bingo...we all suddenly feel greatness again.     I'm hanging in there.   I am inspired by you Denise, what a pillar of strength you are. So glad you are here.  Your not old, your wise :) and beautiful.   I swear if any of u live in Los Angeles or near..when it's all done, we do lunch.  Xoxoxox.   Lynn
Denise your so cute, your even keeping humor in the face of such a big fight, I am 46 and can't keep up with you !!!! I'm darn proud of you.maybe I outta get up, I'm sitting here lifeless,  and ur thoughts are not a fried brain.  U manage to make me laugh and cry. I love your style, cancer and grace. And my butts gonna try to follow your strength , I'm getting out, and I'm doing it because I see u do it, ok..or I wouldn't , so god bless you beautiful soul....keep it up, heck I need you.   Xoxox.    Inspired - Lynn
Hope I don't offend anyone, but here it is..Back from Church..Want a pill all day, but I love My Savior and I know He loves each and everyone of us and not matter how dark our places are in life there is always light in Him..Also know He send us Angels to help us because we are so important to Him and He knows us by name..Our trials here on earth is but a short moment and with these trials we learn and we grow and we help one another. I realize that it was not my choice to addicted to pain pills, but it is my choice to not have anymore. And this is what I choose for Today...One Day at A Time..One Hour, One minute..I am so grateful for the angels that my Heavenly Father has sent to me on this forum...Trust me if you really knew me you would understand that me finding my way here was a gift from God...Love you guys..I will be back...I still want a pill..Not taking one though...Not today....
I say we go to Disneyland..I go there quite often to visit two of my girls and I can get three people in for free..Yeah..D-land...Here we come and clean to boot...Love you
You are the best , Gods a big part of my recovery and strength. I believe we cross paths for a bigger reason.  Today started bad , but I feel good right now, this minute.    Denise I see you said u became forgetful. I did,mforget to pay property taxes,,lost stuff, was daring also. Taking risks, being stupid. The oxy and perks made me down right crazy. Risking things. I was a mess and didn't even see it .     Maybe it's why we want to quit, that high is no longer, it's destroying us.   The trade of is not worth our life, health, freedom.  I hate oxy and all that junk. It's my enemy. My biggest enemy. Whatever made me wanna kick the habit and give me the courage after. 3. 1/2 yrs is unclear. We know when it's time.   Anything worth a damn never comes easy, and here we sit.    I will say keeping busy makes me forget about my pitty party zombie feeling, we need to get our minds busy,milling again, with the new and improved " us" .   I left and got some paint and then stopped by a rental that the people just moved from, it was the worse condition I've seen , and its local, but you would swear they didn't move. Leaving nice things behind.   I was sad, but then I began feeling happy as I started to clean and stop thinking of the aches and pains of detox.     Life works in weird ways, u Denise inspired me to leave today, I almost wasn't.    I love you guys and need you. I don't think I could do this as painless and scared and alone feeling. ........   So I appreciate all of you peace and detox come to us all !!!!! God Bless- Lynn
Holy Cow, it is day #7  Still tired and still want the pills and still think about them, but my choice is not to take any today..Today I am going to make a list of a few things to do to keep my mind off the pills..You are so right I too , lost things or misplaced and hurt my back more because I was always on the go...I am really sick of that..Life is hard enough, we don't need crap like this to make it worse. I will probably be here quite a bit today because this is my refuge..I don't feel alone and you are so right the pitty pot is not becoming..The list will help with that and here...Have a good day all..Love you Denise
i hope your day gets better hon.....this will be my first day back to work....i got in at 1pm so i have a few hours to get myself psyched up for it...yes just try to keep yourself busy and before you know it the hours will be clicking off..
Remember an hour at a time at work and then it is lunch time and then you are on your way home..You hang in there too...We can do this...I have been up for hours...I have been reading and forcing myself to eat breakfast and go for a walk....Check in on you later...Hugs Denise
You are still rocking it I see!!  Good for you.  Don't try and be superwoman but yes it is good to force yourself to do things.  I am still doing that.
It's Day 17 and it still takes me awhile to get moving.
I do find I am dealing with things more though.  Not burying my head in the sand so much lol.
I am still waiting for energy to come back but it has improved quite a bit.
I thought yesterday how much energy we had as kids and how I couldn't even remember that feeling.  Jumping out of bed and just going all day long.  
Wow, to have half of that energy again.
I am just getting ready for my walk..I am crying and feeling depressed, I am off...Talk to you later...Love ya Denise
Am I ever going to get my energy back...I still have to FORCE myself to do anything...It was a killer doing my walk...Now I have other things to do and I would rather die...I know I will hang in there...Thanks for listening the babble...Off to do my errands.. I really hate this..But I won't and can't go back to the pain pill, I don't care how much energy they give me...At the end they did not even work...It had to be more and more..How sick is that...Love you
This has been a really hard day..I managed to walk tww miles this morning..Picked up my brother's meds an went to Costco..I am so dragging...I am going to do a little housework..No energy..I am going to see my other daughter this coming weekend and we are going to the theater with the grand-kids...Oh my gosh, I know I can't think that far ahead..This is really hard, I will get through today and worry about tomorrow..I will come back later to vent...Love you
How did your day go...I was having a really bad day today..But getting better and I can't wait until all this crap is over...What a journey..There is no way anyone can do this alone..You take care sweetie
Denise, it comes back slowly.  I am on day 17 and still really suffering but I stayed in bed for 5 years so i am really hurting.  Also have fibromyalgia so please don't let me discourage you.  
I have noticed am improvement though from the first week.
I think yours will come back sooner than mine.
You are doing everything you can to get it back so just keep on doing what  you're doing.
Thanks I needed to hear that...What a struggle this all is...But we know the old saying..I didn't it was going to be easy, but it will be worth...I can't wait for some of that...You take care too...Love Denise
Yes we abused pills for a long time so we can't expect to feel great in a short time.  I am just hoping I feel well by Christmas or a couple of days before lol.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad day!!  i promise it gets better!!  just hang in there!!!  just keep fighting thru it!!   my day was OK....but i made it back to work....so that's one more milestone behind me!!  really tired now....but i knew i would be....lol   hope you get better soon!!  you got this girl!!  
But I ask you why not get better in a day..Just kidding...
girl if i knew the answer to that....i'd bottle it and patent that s**t!!!  hahahaha
I am reading this thread because my son died from an accidental overdose of hydrocodone last year.  His addiction started with a prescription from his doctor for a sprained back.  It got to the point where he was taking more and more pills each day to ease the pain until he finally went to sleep and his breathing shut down and he didn't wake up.  How I wish he had found this site to give him the courage all of you have found.  His wife and 3 little girls are still almost lost without him.  I miss him so much my body hurts. Please continue to come here and write what you need to.  Get it off your chest.  Don't let the "voice" tell you that you need a pill. Please, please, all of you stay here, help each other and stay alive. Don't leave loved ones behind to wonder "what if."  Be strong.
Sorry for the double post.  I'm a dinosaur still using a typewriter.
Thank you so much for your post..I am so very sorry about your loss..I remember thinking many times when I was using that I might die in my sleep...Your post will help many people..This is a very serious addiction..I hope that there will be more control in how easy it is to get pain pills after injures so this won't  happen to others..Big Hugs...
Thank you for sharing your pain and encouraging all of us.  Hydros for legit pain was how I started out, too,  When I read what happened to your son, I gasped.....and thought
"there but for the grace of God go I"
Hey, i have been taking heroin & 30ml methadone for 12 years , Then i lost both parents within a year , i was left a huge house & a few £ss.I have no other family soooooo i had to get clean ,as i had had enough of  the crazy "drug addicted crap lifestyle " so i cut down from 30ml methadone..in 2 weeks to nothing, also stopped the heroin iv 2 weeks before the meth cut down, i was fine for the 1st 5/6 days... Then BOOM the wd was just horrendous ,i was throwing up for 16 hrs straight ,with blood in the bile!!! i was in acute wd goose bumps size of boiled eggs!! burning up, sweating, ohh musn,t for get those lovey chills , i honestly thought i was going to DIE!! to be truthful wished i would die .... this terror/torture went on for 2days none stop ! Anyway i read on here that imodium & zantac stop opiate wd ??? so my partner went to the pharmacy  got me 4 packs of imodium 12x 2mg , also got me a bottle of grapefruit juice .... i took 2packs = 54ml+ 1 zantac, take the zantac 20 mins before imodium with grapfruit juice ,  Then just wait , within 1 hour 85/90% wds will  subside , I have been on this recipe for 3 days now , & i feel tip top!!!!!  i have been clean now 14 days , PLEASE TRY THIS /DONT SUFFER IN AGONY  IM LIVING PROOF IT WORKS ) I still cant believe it myself , all the horrendous detox,s iv been through .......... imodium + zanax = no wd  & im sleeping too bout 6hrs a nite ...still no real appetite , it,ll come :)  also drink plenty of fluids , no alcohol ...... it worked wonders for me , good luck , let me know how you get on  ,
(

Day #9..Been up since 4 am..Can't go back to sleep...I am still anxious, but I feel a little better...I am so grateful I can come here and vent...I am going for a walk right now and FORCE myself to to anything else...Thanks for listening...Have a great day everyone...Denise
I am coming to you because I know you are my age..Day 9..So flipping tired and I have to make myself do anything..Today I walked almost 3 miles and I cleaned my floors and shook the rugs ...I will make a large batch of cookies after a little rest...I am so used to 100 times more energy even without the drugs..Will I ever be normal again, whatever that is...I just want some of my life back...Those pills have really screwed me up...Thanks for listening....Denise...I don't even know what I am doing on this site...Love D.
Right here with you! Day 9. No energy....I am 33 with two little kids. Right now my youngest is sleeping and I am watching tv with my 4 year old. So hard! I feel so guilty....he never watches as much tv in the past 9 days as he is now. :( we are usually busy doing stuff. Anyway, I am here if you need to talk. I understand!
Good for you on days!   I hope to be back there again.  I made it almost 30 days and let the demon take control.  So now I sit here on day 2 of wd looking forward to putting them b ehind me once and for all.  The mental part really is harder because u like wd, we don't know for sure when it ends and it comes in waves.  If you can do this, its and inspiration for me.  Thank you for sharing.  
What a blessing your are doing this at your young age...All of us seems that we have all been in that trap of pain relief and then get addicted...I am 65 and never even drank soda, When I was on those pills I started drinking Pepsi...Now I don't crave it anymore...Those flipping things can really screw up your life...If you can put your kids in a stroller in the morning or later today and take them for a little walk..I know my walk even though I was dead when I came back did help...We have to do this...Thanks Sweet girl...Love Denise
Hey Denise
Your energy will come back.  Just think about how much more you have than a week ago.
You walked 3 MILES. You came home and cleaned and are going to bake cookies.  I think you have a lot of energy.  I can only imagine what you are going to do when it all comes back lol.
Seriously, you are doing amazing.  We can't rush it.  It will come back.  
I am still not up to par but I have noticed a big difference.
I can stand a lot longer and my walks are getting longer but nowhere near 3 miles.
I know, I can hardly wait for mine to come back full too, but I guess, we can't rush it.
Thank you , I needed to hear that...This is not even 1/4 of what I normally do...I will never be what I was with the pills...But I am normally high energy..This is really hard for me...But the day is done now...I am almost done the dishes from the cookie mess...Love you...