Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How can I help my wife with roxy withdrawals?? Help!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My wife has been taking roxys for about 4yrs. We have tried it all! She has gotten alot better from taking 30-40 blues with 60-80 Zanax she came down to about 5 a day. Since Friday she started breaking them in half and taking them when she can't deal with the pain. Well today she ran out of blues and her dealer is out of town till Sunday. She is taking Zanax to help her anxiety but she complains of leg pains and muscle pain. Is there anything I can do for her? I hate to see her like this though I am very proud of her for trying. I want to know also how long till she's finally pain free?? Thanks
Okay for starters she needs to stop taking them. Every half she puts into her body makes this start all over. Second look up thomas receipe. It's vitamins and stuff that help a whole lot. Bananas, lots of hot hot showers, stay hydrated very important! Dehydration makes it all way worse. Immodium helps alot not only with tummy but some of the other symptoms. Sub xanax for valium in thomas. Be very careful with immodium as it can cause intestinal problems if taken too much. Xanax is also highly addictive. Besides this lots of love and reassurance. Keep posting we are here for you! Good job taking this first step! You both can do this. Remember it does get better!
hot shower, clean pjs, soft music, banana for restlessness and relaxing, vit c b6 and b12, hylands otc for restless legs, prayers,advil,naproxen all these help me.
All though shes done a good job of weening herself down she needs a rehab.  You can't all of a sudden stop something like that.  Xanax is one of the most addictive drugs out there.  They say change people places and things.  The fact that she is still dealing with a dealer is just not healthy for anyone's recovery.  She needs a rehab to be detoxed correctly.  There are medications they can give her to take away the pain of detoxing.
I went ct from 10 year 100mg day addiction. It is hard but it can be done. Try the thomas receipe. It will not kill you to do this ct. It just takes time to get mind and body back to normal. Dont be scared to see it through. We have all been where you are. It's tuff but does get better. Keep posting. Your wife should post when she feels up to it. This site is a God send for me! Hope she doesn't give up.
Thank you all for you advice. We're actually awake right now since her legs are driving her crazy!! Someone told me to have her smoke a lil marijuana. Will this help? I hate to see her going thru this, she's the love my life and to see her going thru this pain kills me. We tried rehab also but she relapsed the day she got out. It's taken alot tot get to where we are now thanks for the support!
Thank you for your advice
Do NOT smoke marijuana!  It will increase her anxiety and unless it's medical grade you can't be sure what's in it.  Treating addiction with more drugs is not a good idea.  I tried marijuana during my first detox and regretted it.  I know it's hard to see her suffer and it's wonderful that you are there supporting her.  A heating pad if you have it will help the legs-a hot bath is better with epsom salts. Hyland Leg Cramps with quinine in it helped my RLS and cramping the best.  Pharmacy or health food store will have it.  Keep her hydrated and keep telling her how proud you are of her for stopping.  She can and will make it through this is she puts her mind to it.  After the worst of the detox-get her to an NA meeting or addictions therapist.  It is the only way to stay clean.  If she can't sleep-reading the posts on this forum and seeing that she is not alone...I was in her shoes 21 days ago and feel better and better each day...will help.  It helped me.  Bless you for being a good husband....Hang in there....Support...Lu