How can I wean off dilaudid myself. help please
Hello, everyone. I really need some help, I started using dilaudid about 3 months now, but the last 3 weeks daily, I've been using only 1mg IV, never more than that in a 24 hour period. I've been searching to see what would be the best, way to wean myself off safely. I am tiered of doing this drug, and want to quit and get healthy. Any suggestion would help. Should I taper down the dose? If so how can I do it, and by how much? And for how long. I want to get this over with, in want to get rid of this addiction, my body is addicted now, my brain, me wants to stop, but now my body is use to it. I need some help. Thank you in advance. I have the control, and the will, I just don't know how much I should taper done to avoid withdrawals, or reduce the symptoms.
Hi Bones. unless I'm missing something here I must ask why you just would not ct off 1 mg. a day ? I know this drug is very strong but I have come off higher amounts of heroin and although not nice it is doable.. Maybe you can clarify for me ? We also have a addiction to our rig I hope and Pray you break yours.. Have you been tested for Hep C ? I have it and can not treat Not worth it.. Anyway we are not allowed to give tapering advice. I hope you can get this behind you.. lesa
Dilaudid is the strongest pain medication on the market today...even if you were doing only 1mg you will have withdrawals...especially because you were using it intravenously. Ive snorted Dilauded...which led to IV use. You need to speak with a doctor to make a weaning plan. We cannot give tapering schedules here. I will tell you that If you are being prescribed the Dilaudid by a doc and IV using the said dose...the best way to start is by ingesting the medication the appropriate way and from there go on the tapering plan your doc gives you. Its doable as your on a very low dose...

The above poster mentioned Hep C testing...that is always wise if you were IV using. I just finished 28 weeks of treatment and I am virus free now. For me it was definitely worth it.

Good luck