Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How can you overcome withdrawals from hydrocodone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My friend is addicted to hydrocodone and she's too young to by buprenex. Is there any possible way that she can overcome withdrawals from hydrocodone without using buprenex? No one knows about it except some of her friends. her parents don't know and neither does her sister. is there any other possible way she can stop the addiction?
Good luck to your friend there a quit a few helpful people here. I just wanted 2 say it is do able (I'm new) I'm almost done with my tapering so quiting can be done believe me I was very sceptical when I started but I'm a believer now. Again good luck
Being young and addicted is tough..long life ahead for working on staying clean

Subutex/is not really a good option for most users...it is for some..it is another narcotic and stronger than hydro..it does get u off the street buying dope..but it costs alot..then u have the bupe/sub wd to face

for those who try over and over to get clean and can not..or high quantity users of strong  drugs..it could be the option that will work

I dont think u stated her daily dose of hydro
Tapering is one option/hard for an addict especially if they dont let go of the pills to a trusted support person..It is safe for most/unless they have chronic heart probs etc to stop ct..it is always best to tell the dr to stop any more scrips, also so he can help her with safer drugs..when the plan is made to taper/or ct all extras gotta go down the toilet...

If she can go flush one pill she will be making progress..also it is she who needs to come here..
and post...we have all been or some r in her shoes..there is no judgement here
The health pages r full of great info including tapering, CT, which is often easier for many) and the thomas recipe which consists of supps and tips to make it thru

there is an article on internet sites to help recovery in the health pages..I do believe there is a link there to look for a meeting near her..she needs to go and listen even if she doesnt talk

keep posting
she's been taking it for a year and she takes 2-4 daily.
time and just being strong and really wanting to quit is the only way to overcome it and she has really got to want to quit because it is a hard road. Dont get me wrong there are other meds that help but nothing makes it easy i didnt go with any meds from the doc i am just taking a lot of vitamins twice a day and it does help and speeds up the process but it still takes time
good luck with her and i hope she really wants it and can make it thru the wd's
This is my first time here posting, but have come here to read posts to help me! This time I'm trying to get clean once and for all from hydrocodones! No one knows I'm going through this, I feel very embarrassed to tell my boyfriend ... Not sure what to do.  Today have been 24 hours I haven't had any... The depression is totally killing me... I can't stop crying... This is very difficult cuz I have finally come to the conclusion that I'm an addict... I need some help!!!!