Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How do I find a Addiction Specialist??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How do I find a Addiction Specialist??

I have heard of Addiction Specialists.... but I cannot seem to find one.  What are their exact purpose anyway?
Thanks again for the advice and help!!!!

Oh while you are at it.... what is the name of the support groups for the family of the addict?  Where they can learn how to cope and help the addict?

Thanks again!
NneedHope

Hey, how are you?

Well I can answer 1 of your questions as in regards to the family dealing w/ the addict (support group)

The name of the Support Group for Family is" Allenon  (if that's spelled right) lol

Well, how are you hanging in there?

Love,

Todd
I am doing ok.  Hangin in there.  
Thanks and I will check that out for my husband.
How about you?  Everything ok?
Thanks for asking!

Yeah, I had a rough 3 days, but it's all done and over with! Thank God! - LOL

As far as your husband, the group is Allynon or Allenon - You can contact any A/A or N/A group or hotline and just ask them where and when they hold that support group for your Hubby!

Just call information, and they can give you the number also!

Well, it sounds like you doing okay this morning. I wish I could help w/ the first question w/ the specialist, but I never have had enough money to even consider one...lol (-:    but true.

God Bless You and Hang in the sweetie!

Love,
Todd
It's AL A NON.  Their website is http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

It's a wonderful resource for the addict's family for them to meet people who have gone through the same things they have, to listen to their stories, to learn to live their lives whether the addict in their lives is using or not and to be able to learn about the disease of addiction and how to help themselves as well as the addict.

I wish you tons of luck.
God bless.    
Hi mom,

Thanks for correcting the spelling for me!  LOL

How are you this morning?

Todd
I wasn't so much correcting your spelling as I was making sure she spelled it correctly if she were going to look for it in the phone book or online.
There is a spot that us transcriptionists go to when we need to find the spelling of a doctor's name, etc.  Wait, this would just be good in Texas.  It is called "Texas Medical Association" and most doctors in the state are members of this. They are listed by speciality and by city.  You can use the search option once you have gotten into the web site.  I assume maybe all states have this, so whatever state you are in you might try looking up on the internet, for example "Georgia Medical Association".  Then, there is a spot called "find a physician" and you click on that.  I am sure there are many ways of finding what you are looking for on the internet, I am going to be looking for an addiction specialist myself this week, I truly think that will be the best thing for me and he or she can advise me as to be best course of action for my particular situation.  Good luck, please let me know if you find someone.

Love, Cindy