Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How do I get valium from the doctor ??????

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

My question is should I tell the truth about the drugs and put myself in jeapoardy for getting phenobab(which does nothing for me)  or do I lie and say I am going through a nervous breakdown and I need something to calm my nerves and need something to sleep with???  Any suggestions??
If you don't think telling the doc the truth is the way to go and you really feel you need them, complain of panic attacks.  Docs usually prescribe xanax and antidepressant for that.  Panic attacks affect everyone differently so just about any symptoms can qualify.  I sweat, feel out of sorts, can't face people, heart racing, tight chest, then as quick as it comes it goes away.
Valium should never have been made a schedule one drug. Twenty five years ago we didn't even have to sign for it. It is a harmless drug, and very useful, except insofar it is dangerous to use valium and drive or operate machinery and it is very long lasting. It is unfortunate that one gets treated like a heroin addict when you request valium. Some hospitals only permit psychiatrists to prescribe it (in the VA), which creates an even greater stigma.
Well, to be fair, benzodiazepines are habit forming, and the withdrawls from them can be extremely severe, possibly fatal.
Taking all you say very seriously, I do suggest that you TRY to either be 'honest' with your doc OR find a new one with whom you can work, if only in the interim. The key to beating this is learning to be honest--with ourselves and then others. we also have to put things 'in place' for when we feel WEEK which means, also, ruining our connections (which means doctors too).
Yes... benzo's are not to be taken lightly.... they are BRUTAL to get away from.   And can cause a great deal of harm if not weaned appropriatly on a schedule ... especially after long term use.

XANAX are the kings with a very very short life-span.... Librium is one of the lighter ones w/very few side affects and is a good help in getting through w/d... again a week is no problem...but after long term use... w/d is a bear.

If you are going to get them from the Dr. ... just tell him the truth and let him decide which one is best for you to take.   Then only plan on using it through the worst of w/d.

Benzo's are not to be taken lightly.

Gip
B-12 and all B vitamins are good to come off lortab... Valiums are for anxiety, and muscle spasms. Have you heard of suboxone? It is for opiate addicts. If you are trying to come off of tabs, suboxone is your answer...also, known as subatex.
Your responding to a post thats almost 1 year old,,,have a good one
I have chronic back pain, i get oxy for the pain but the other problem is nerves are shot im always in some pain and things just get to me quicker like kids trafic sitting you know life but my doctor wont give me anything to sleep or calm my nerves ive tried all home remidie to no avel was on clozapam for years then one day doctor said they were to dangerous now  i just dont know what to do i hate buying drugs black market but what else can i do i cant sleep and when i do its for about 4 hours and even that i would not call sleep i can hear  everything going on around me so i dont know if im getting even four hours any advice on what i might do would be great
Post a new question...this is an old post...lots of people here to help
OKAY.....i feel your pain. i have serious social anxiety...can't say a word in a group of people. so here we go: I'm taking pharmacy tech. and i know what would be good to tell the Doc.
Tell him that you're a recovering alcoholic and that you used to drink every day and are now having withdrawls. but that might be temporary. so you could also say you have panic attacks or are going through a break down or mid-life crisis. Good Luck,
O ya and Valium also helps OCD so that one would be good to tell the doctor too!!!
Are you seriously responding to a year old thread on an ADDICTION FORUM by telling someone what symptoms to fake in order to scam a doctor out of benzos? Not good.
as noted here by someone, the best thing I gathered from this information is that, one should be honest with himself and the doctor, and both should work together into finding what works. Also, love life and look for other ways to ease your symptoms like meditation, breathing, etc. these later dont always work for me but...one must try to beat one's own demon even in the face of damage, despair, and not wanting to live, because there is always a time where you do want to be happy and enjoy life. I wish you all the best.(one grain of truth will always beat millions of lies.)
''It is a harmless drug, ''

it messed my life right up
People look up these questions all of the time it doesn't matter, the information in the answers are what people are looking for...except your answer of course
Be honest with your doctor, hahahahaha doesnt work, they are all f***Ing useless in my opinion, I've been to two doctors askin for help for a severe social anxiety condition Paruresis (can't pee right with people around) and all i got for anxiety was anti depression tablets, (WTF !!) and second time around with a different doctor I showed my body is not coping with all the stress and outbreaking with skin rashes and I need something anti anxiety based and got refused and sent away empty handed.

Screw the system !!! is what i say, paying doctors to prescribe pain and time wastage , thats what it comes down to now!!!