Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How do you keep your Mind Occupied when at work and Stressed?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I am at work overwhelmed and stressed. It feels like my ADHD/ADD is starting all up again. I feel like i start something but can't finish and this is what was part of my weakness to the monkey. I fed the monkey once my mind and body started to feel this way. I hope that this will pass really soon. Does anyone else on here have ADHD or ADD as an Adult like I do? When your on the drug it felt like it kept everything sane and you were SUPERHUMAN you know? I need to just keep positive but its getting rough. I am on day 5 of my tapering and I am going to drop my dose by half on Wednesday and I am feeling a bit scared and pressured as well as nervous please help someone!!!!!!!!!
welcome to the forum! you are suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. try to stay calm and remember you are tapering so your body is adjusting to a new lower dose. do you haves doctor? does he/she know about the ADD/ADHD you have? if not tell them, if so tell them you need to manage this as it is out of control right now. tell them about your addiction, doctors will not set you up for failure. talk to your doctor about a low dose Valium, tryto stay away from Xanax, very strong and another addiction could start. ask your doctor what you can do during a panic attack or high levels of anxiety, I found that if I close my eyes and start breathing easy and then slowly move my eyesballs from right to left (with your eyes shut) the anxiety dies down fast!! the moving of the eyes actually interferes with the anxiety in your brain you feel, and starts to subside. but that is a temp fix. talk to your doctor and be honest! honest with yourself and those around you and you will get the help you need.PS you are self medicating let your doctor know that also, so he can put you on somethig that's not gonna cause addiction problems. God bless