Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How is this time! gonna be the last?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How is this time! gonna be the last?

Im currently on day one of an opiate withdrawl (withdrawal), I have been an opiate addict since 2004.  My problem is I have attempted to become opiate free many times, in the past i have even been free from opiates and feeling great, but started all over again within a few days!  These days I wonder if its worth going through all the pain only to start again! what do you think?

Over the years i have been addicted to many different opiates.  These include codeine, heorin, methadone, at  present im taking or should say abusing Nurofen plus, on average 50 a day.  These tablets contain 12.8mg each and are quite easily obtained, you can buy them at the pharmacy.
Honestly, how bad are you trying to get clean? What are your reasons for getting clean. I understand because I've asked myself many times what's the point in getting clean if I'm going to start again. You have to make up your mind before you quit that your not going to relapse. Someone said that are minds are made up about relapsing way before we actually do. If that's true then you need to think about what you want.
Hi & Welcome,

This time is going to be the last if you decide it is. If you really want to be opiate free you can do it.

After too many times to count I finally understood that drugs were not the problem. They were the end result of the problem but the problem was me. I had to work on me and my issues and find out why I needed to self-medicate to live. It takes time, hard work and dedication. There are good days and bad days and I am learning how to deal with that. The one thing I just don't do is use and somehow things seem to work out.

I hope for you this is your last time and you can start living again. Glad you found your way to this site. There is great support here so stick around.
First of all u have to really want to get clean in order to stay sober. If ur not doing it cause u want to than there's no point. Best of luck to u & I wish u well!
HI and thanks for your input!
I want to be free, real bad, I cant imagine my life being any worse.  I think im just worrying about the withdrawls, i just cant seem to take the pain anymore all I want is to be clean!
Im not that ill at the moment but as I get worse, i get to the point where I just cant take it anymore, and my mind switches and breaks to where I dont care anymore, and all I can think about is i need tablets.
Thanks, I think i will stick around on thi site, I dont think it could do any harm and I need all the help I can get.
You know the drill, but here is a reminder!

I kept telling myself...YOU HAVE the FLU!  It will be over and I will feel so much better.  My brain seemed to get that and settled down a little.  It is hard, but doable!  The Thomas Recipe (bottom of the page) under Health Pages will help.  I did not to the tranquilizers and had to cut back on the Ltryosine, but the rest really helped.  Imodium (immodium), Imodium (immodium), Imodium (immodium) (liquid or pills if the liquid can't be found or you can't swallow it) will help.  I took double the dosage for a few days (personal choice) and it helped so much..even with the withdrawals in general and the opiate trots which sucked.  

Hydrate and eat! ((gatorade is good) Even if it is just a little every hour or so.(boost or ensure might work for both food and drink)  You have to eat something to keep your energy up as much as possible.  

If you have Restless legs..it is hit or miss what works.  Walking seemed to help me some.  Hot bath with epsom salts..a little.  I finally had to get my doctor to refill my restless legs meds (non addictive) to get some sleep.  If nothing works,your doctor might help.  Benedryl or OTC Alteril helps some with sleep issues and you will have them.

One hour at a time is all anyone can ask.  After 2 weeks it gets a little better and I started to say, One day at a time!  Your brain will do all sorts of things to get you to take a pill.  I found if I was hungry..the cravings got worse.  I would try to eat a banana, a few grapes or a few crackers to get that under control.

The hardest part comes after the detox.  Your brain will be all over the place and will try to get you back on the pills...It is having to work and not depend on the pills to help.  

Good for you.  I hope all goes well.  You have made a good start coming here....this site has helped me so much!!!  Keep posting!!!!!