Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How long do SUBOXONE withdrawals last?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How long do SUBOXONE withdrawals last?

Hi guys! hang in there, I am clean 35 days from Suboxone and still feeling no energy, murmurs, sleeplessness, anxious, dirreahea and feel depressed at night times.  The first day was hell! I felt a big snake biting me and it took one day to feel that pain and afterwards I knew I can do this and get off Suboxone.  I was on Suboxone 2mgs for 6 months and tried to taper down...  Can anyone tell me how long Suboxone withdrawals last???? im so anxious to know because I really can't wait to feel back to normal.
Thank you and God Bless all of you.
It tends to be different for everyone but it has been 35 days so I am betting things will be getting better very soon .Are you taking any supplements and exercising because both can help your body heal .Better days are coming .:)
3 months///90 days is usually the turning point for energy..hence AAs saying 90 meetings in 90 days..this is the time the brain takes to heal enuf to keep us from relapse..we need constant support and almost daily meetings to keep us moving forward...never taking a step backwards..if we do only to see why we dont wanna go back there...the 90 day mark is where energy levels turn for the better..and happiness is felt again more frequently..a sense of joy///then we know we r there..gotta make it 90 days...let that be ur goal...use meetings to keep u strong and exercise to release those much needed endorphins trapped inside our brains...read up on the aminos in the health pages...turn this into a science and learn every bit and peice of info u can to make this better for u...the book "End Your Addiction Now' is a great read to understand where our neurotransmitters are at right now..and how we have to heal them..good luck
Yeah I cant stress enough how much excercise can do for you, especially at the point where you are. I know its hard to get the motivation going but even a daily walk in the morning can dramatically change your frame of mind. I was really struggling with energy when I was laying around in bed all day, but the more I got up and did anything the more energy I got and the better I felt. Ive been off sub since Oct.20, I didnt hardly move for the first 2-3wks and I was really depressed all the time. When I finally started forcing myself to atleast go for a walk or two, just the getting out of the house lifted my spirits. I was on sub for 18wks, for me between about day 30-40 was the turning point where I really started to feel good about the situation, my motivation and drive was back. I was never a person to work out, my idea of a work out was playing golf, but since about Dec.1 I started riding bikes for some cardio, some light, high repitition free weights, along with a healthy diet Ive lost 30lbs. I forgot to mention that I take B6, l-tyrosine, multi-vitamin and some glucosamine chrondointin for my joints. In the end were all different but time really does heal, remain positive and patient with yourself and you really should start improving here soon. Im not sure if your taking any sleeping aid but I still take melatonin every night to help with sleep. As you can see my key for a speedy recovery has been excercise, its hard to get into a routine but it was the best thing Ive ever done. Congrats on making to day 35, I know its not easy, so keep on working, let us know how things go. Good luck with everything, Take Care!
Hey Sub09, Keep a strong head and positive outlook and you're already better. Most sources say it is only a 5-day withdrawal, but I don't believe it. I recommend fruits and no Fast-Food (cuz that makes ppl sick and feel icky) and forcing yourself to be happy. Maintain positive, and positive and happiness will follow. Honestly, I can't vision anything but better after 35 days, I am sure better will come quickly. Your digestive system probably had lots of garbage to dump out (mine does), and is re-programming itself to no be sedated all the time. Subs relax everything so your body just needs time to re-boot and re-program, 35-60 days tops I guerantee you! Most of "them" say NA meetings but I am not a meetings person myself so I wouldn't place my faith in NA. Even if you're in a shi* mood in the morning (like me) when you take a shower say "I am thankful for... (any 3 things everyday multiple x's if u like)" and the world will appear different. You can get a Back Ache from thinking you have a back ache, ppl get 95+/-4% of disease from within. I highly recommend watching the Secret! It is a serious must, I promise it will change your life. But anyhow, Congrats on 35 days! Wow; You are great inspiration to alot of us. You are actually doing what "we" all talk about. Write me if you don't mind, cuz I am genuinely curious to know what happens on day 36,37,38 and so on.
~Thank you for your inspiration and stay strong, Pj 0lson~
Thank you so much for your support guys.  
To: Pjolson, I was thinking about taking melotonin but Im afraid I might get addicted to that and won't be able to sleep if I stopped taking that.  But I will keep everyone informed about my recovery at home.  It is really hard to even get on my treadmill, but I did do 15 mins on it.  So if I have 26 more days to recover that would be great hope.  I want to be able to get back to work.  So is anyone getting off SUBOXONE?

Thanks,
I am on day 17 off the sub. I was on it for 2 1/2 years. Some days are better than the last but today is not one of them. I have had the chills for 17 days, i dont sleep at night and i feel like i am losing my mind. i so badly want to go back on the subs but i never want to go through this again. i just cant stop crying. I want my life back....i thought i had it back on the subs but like the last year i started falling asleep while driving and **** and was always exhausted. My body was all f-ed up like when i was using. i just want to feel normal. i dont know how much longer i can take this....
Do yall think its harder to come off of Sub than Codone? I have been using off and on for 4 years. I onlt took 5 mg at a time adn the most was 40mg a day. I get discouraged when I read 90 days until you feel normal b/c I am starting a new career soon and dont have 90 days. With that said, I sleep pretty good, wake up with energy but have no motivation to do work. I can get in a car and ride around, I can walk on treadmill but doing work just sounds like such a task. I havent taken any codone since Sat Feb 23rd and feeling good except for lack of motivation, achiness some stomach issues and ups and downs with depressiona nd happiness. Its weird one second I am happy the next I am down its like my body is trying to figure out the right amount of endorphins to release. I am truly hoping it will not take 90 days to feel normal. Regardless I have to do it so dont worry there just wanting for inforrmation.
Michelle and everyone else suffering through sub withdrawal - Please hang in there.  You have come so far with this.  I completely understand what you are going through - I am 6 months off suboxone. I took them for a little over 2 1/2 years also.  Right now Michelle, you are really feeling the effects of the mental stuff that happens to *some* of us during sub detox.  I had it bad too - depression, anxiety, feeling like your losing your mind.  Trust me:  YOUR NOT.  This has been reported by many during sub withdrawal (not all though).  I sent a note to a MedHelp friend who was helping me through my sub withdrawal (ochooked) - he isnt on much anymore but anyway my note said "OC - do you know the true meaning of insanity:  Day 21 and still covered in goosebumps and having the chills-I think Im losing my mind."  But in being on this site and talking to so many great people, I realized it was just a symptom of the withdrawal.  Its really a long detox process for many.  Please know, no matter how your mind tries to convince you otherwise, that it will get better.  I can attest to that.  6 months post suboxone and I feel better than I have in many years.  I am healthy, happy, not depressed and not anxious.  It took a LONG LONG time to feel this way and I really reached a point where I felt it would never ever get better, but I promise it does. Hang in there and stay busy.  It seems the busier and more active I was the less it effected me.  Take care and well wishes to everyone..    
Do you mean hydrocodone?  oxycodone?  I've detoxed off of both, as well as Oxycontin, and for me, *in my opinion only* Suboxone was a thousand times harder to detox from.  
Both I would take Lortabs, Vicodin, Percocet or Oxycodone whatever I could find. Buying off the street it was different each time. Some encouragment for me. Thanks for your opinion,.
Its a really controversial topic. From what I've gathered -used during a short detox from oxy, hydro (whatever), sub can be a great tool.  If you use a tiny amount to stave off the worst of withdrawal and then stop after a week or two, from what I have heard from others, that way can work.  For those of us who were on for an extended period of time, for maintenance, it was extremely difficult to quit.  The are definate pros and cons and everyone's experience is different.  Its a very individual choice.  If its just withdrawal your looking to avoid, then suboxone can be a slippery slope from helpful to drug of choice.  Are you still using?  
Also how come I never had the runny nose, or flu like symptons? Mine were hot/cold RLS, stomach, aches, sweats, depression, no energy etc...I am just hoping that I dont still have more coming my way. As I said I took last codone on Feb 23rd since then I took 5mg Methadone the following weekend Fri?Sat Am and felt like **** Sunday and little bit of Monday. So I really havent had any Codone in a week and a half.
Oh no I am not using. I was just a little discouraged about the 90 days AA motto. I am mentally prepared to quit these but I will have to have work motivation before then. Sleep comes and goes. Some nights I fall asleep early others I dont. The good news it is solid sleep. Last night I went to bed at 11 woke up at 3 (back was killing me and was starving laid back down at 345 and slept til 745
Thats great.  Just hang tight. Stay away from the methadone (!!) (Im yelling out of caring lol)... You are 8 days off and that is great.  Just give it time.   There is no definate rule.. Everyone is different.  You should be feeling better soon though for sure.  Find some aftercare - meetings, therapy, whatever.  I really believe (now) that figuring out why we use and confronting it is key in staying clean..
I think its compared to 'flu like symptoms' cause of the chills and body aches -- both of which are associated with a fever when you have the flu.  I never had the flu as bad as withdrawal - but it can be a good comparison to someone who has mild to moderate withdrawal.  Now sneezing - I sneezed all day for months.  Again 8 days - Congrats.  Just hang in there.. 8 will turn into 10, 10 into 20 and before you know it you will be a month in and feeling a LOT better.. Stay busy, eat healthy, and exercise.  I find the busier I am in life, the less I am thinking about usiing.  Take care!  
I think the 90 meetings in 90 days has a lot to do with the MENTAL/CRAVING part of addiction. Once we stop obsessing over how miserable and sick we feel and w/drawal wears off, then the cravings, etc come in... lots of us can be lulled into romanticizing the addiction "I can use just once" "It really wasn't that bad" and lots of us just cannot overcome the cravings..this is why I think 90 meetings in 90 days can be really useful.. lets face it many of us think once we feel better that its over and we beat it.. just to relapse in a few weeks.
TO TRUE. My best friends says I think about it to much. He believe I may believe somewhat physical dependent but not an addict. I would never take more than a tab 5 at once b/c I would feel like I am wasting money then. He said my problem is I have nothing to occupy my time. I work in sales and I am my own boss. I am in a field where you might work hard for a day then maybe 1 hour a day the rest of the week. My office is my home and in my office is the root of this evil. VIDEO GAME SYSTEMS. I loved to take a pill and play games. That was it. I did that for four years off and on. My friends became so upset b/c I never wnated to go out, I said its cheaper and safer for me to say in and play games. That is why I want to make this new career if I choose to take the offer my addiction. The problem is I have no motivation to work. I really hope that I am just not a lazy person in general or that years of sitting around doing nothing made me lazy. With thtat said I workout, golf, have several sources of income and took on several projects so my mother believes I am not lazy because of those reasons, but I cant explain it right now everything like such a task, Besides that I am pretty much good to go. To talk on the phones its sometimes hard to be as friendly and personal as I was using but I truly believe I have always had the gift of gab since I have always been popular. Once my motivation is back I will once again enjoy speaking with people.
I know this forum is like 2 yrs old but some of you still may be around. I took suboxone for around 2 1/2 yrs and jumped off at 16 mg (per day). I didn't feel my doctor was cutting my down as she should and I just had this overwhelming feeling of not wanting to be dependent on medication anymore. Anyways, it's been 34 days and still feeling like crap (insomnia, sweaty palms and pits, lack of energy, cold chills, depression, anxiety, nausea). I have heard that the duration of withdrawal can depend on how long one used the medicine. My question is, did you taper? Also, exactly how long did your withdrawal symptoms last? I feel like this is lasting forever!! I know that it will get better and I will normal again I would just like to know when?? I will fight this demon, I will keep strong.
I was only on sub for 15 days.  I tapered off as soon as I could.  The out patient program I was in made you commit to 1 year of outside the group meetings several times a week.
I was homeless for the most part, and could not make it 40 miles round trip.  I did get some sleep aid from my doctor.  IF you do not abuse it and take only as directed, you can use it for 2 weeks or so, and then taper off.  You will not get hooked on Melatonin.
I try to remember that "Energy make Energy"  if you walk one block a day, then add another block every Monday, you will be walking, laughing, and smiling before you know it.
I've been all kinds of Pain Pills for four years then switched to suboxone for 2 1/2 years. I tapered down to 2mg a day sometimes less. I didn't know how addicting it can be cause docters don't know much about it cause they dont take the meds, but anyway today is a week and I'm not feeling real bad just low energy, but today I got most energy since been off subs, I couldn't tell if I was sick, sick or going through withdrawal cause past week I've sneezed alot and runny nose, and like a sore throat. I wanted to know if anybody else like symptoms. Oh yeah sleeps *****, last night I finally got somewhat good sleep probably cause I was so tired. I am not really depressed much. I am just happy I'm getting off these lil devils. Thanks to all the postings there are motivational. I'm looking forward to day thirty. I'm so surprised I've doing it.
Hang in there. It's been 39 days today and w/d are still there (insomnia, hot flashes at night, cold chills, tingles, anxiety, diarreah (diarrhea), sneezing, fatigue). I sneeze throughout the entire day. It's not as bad as it was though, couldn't stop sneezing for the longest time. Weird huh? I got the whole soar throat thing too. Had it bad, right tonsil was so swollen you could heard it in my voice and see the lump on my neck. That get better in a short period of time. The w/d are pretty mild now. I have heard it can last up to 70 days, but everyone is different. My sisters symptoms lasted 2 weeks. She was on suboxone for about 6 months and was down to taking 2 mg. a day. Wish I would of tapered but it is what it is. Just stay strong this wont last forever. It is a long process but it does get better. Eventually we will be back to our normal selves again, feeling amazing. I just asked God to make sure I remember this b/c I NEVER want to experience this s*** again!! God Bless!!
determined, you are pulling up old posts from years ago and the members you are talking to are not currently active.. If you go to the top of this page you will see a green Post A Question button, click on that and follow the instructions. You can start your own post and that way we can get to know you. If you need help, let someone know. Hope to see you in the forum.
Yeah I noticed they were old. I'm new and I didn't know much about how things work here. I did post a question  titled suboxone withdrawal. I have been wondering why I haven't found any up to date forums lol.
Thanks for the motivation. Yeah today is day 12. I feel like I am almost done with detox. I just sneeze here and there and some energy but not alot, diarreah (diarrhea), cold chills. My sleep is some what good eight hours a night. Very minor detox lately. My detox isn't as bad, most likely cause I tapered down to 2 mg thank god. I am gonna do drug classes soon and I see a counslor. You need support coming off this crap. I have to stay busy more so than not to stay clean. I take multi-vitamins, b- complex, lysene, and protein shakes. They say exercising is great and can get you moving and out of detox/withdrawal quicker. And most important a belief in your higher power and if so bible is great. One day at a time.
whats up beautiful people all your words are blessings i know we all feel alone at times but everyone has someone who cares that your going through it and im just as clueless as to when this ends but it feel it will in a week or 2......im on day 5 when i get through the night and my withdraawels come in waves posotive energy helps me alot and smoking some herb before i go to try to sleep which has been nott too too good last night i actually got lakr 5 hours of sleep maybe i do alot of hyper extending stretches just cause my insides feel biggger then my outsides but i knowwe will all be better before we know it life is such a blessing lets get it back and live life how we really want to not dependent on a chemmical made by liarzzzzz
hey everyone I am on day 2 for suboxone withdrawals and it ***** real bad...I can't wait for it to be over and i have this fear that it will never end!! The only positive thing is that I have been exercising religiously for the last 2 months prior to getting off these nasty things, and I have noticed a big difference on my withdrawal symptoms not being as bad as the last time I tried to detox (with no exercise).  But I mainly want to thank you for all your encouraging words cause its very hard to stay focused on the end result...freedom from this disguising chemical dependent enemy!!
how many miligrams did you jump off at?
im currently trying to get off as well.. i was addicted to heroin shooting it up for a year n a half.. suboxone got me off n ive been on subs for 4 1/2 - 5 months now.. todays currently day four for me. i get muscle aches, diahhrea, cold sweats, hard time sleeping.. n just no motivation. but i think a nice hot salt bath n working out, running, keeping urself busy by doing chores around the house, find a hobby to also keep urself busy, all until u feel better so u can go out n get a job or go to school is a good idea. but theres always detox tho.. my family wants me to go to detox to get off subs.. but idk what to do.. ne ideas?
Hang in there man after a week or so you'll start getting some better sleep. After two weeks your stomach will feel alot better and so will going to the bathroom. By 3 weeks you'll still have a hard time falling asleep but you will sleep for 7-8 hrs once you do, you might have a bit of restless legs.. Everyone's different but I just always put my softest pillow between my legs when i slept it felt better to me. I've been off today for probably 3 months and I feel like I did before I ever touched a pill or drug. I was on suboxen and never relapsed on drugs for a good year or so. I weaned myself down to taking as little as i could even taste under my tounge and stayed that way for months. The thing with that is if your down to that little you need to go ahead and get off because your just prolonging the inevitable. You have the right idea though man, try and stay busy, and if you have trouble sleeping at night.. get up and watch tv or something, I found it easy to sleep during the day but hard at night for some reason.
If anyone every needs help or just someone to talk to thats been through getting off suboxen I'll check the forum a few times a week.
You can do this. The best way is to only use subs for a week or 2 (when coming off opiates), tapering down the whole time. Of course doctors want to make money, so they start you on high doses and leave you there for long periods, months/yrs...that is my experience anyway. Best of luck to you all. Have faith, you can do it!!!
I figured out a pretty good withdrawal avoidance process, but since this is my first time I wanted to ensure ,y post workd before typing too much
Thanks for the great posts.  I'm on Day 23 off suboxone and still feel pretty bad - never know what I'm going to feel next.  In bed most of the day trying to keep my mind off symptoms.  I know I will heal because like a broken heart, time is the greatest healer and I have to keep telling myself this.  Good to hear some success stories
I am new here and have been reading the forum about suboxone detox.  I have been taking 8mgs 3X a day for about a year.  I was originally addicted to oxycontin and percocet had been on it for Chronic Pain over 10 years and been treated with various combinations of narcotics for over 30 years.  MY pain management Dr. wanted to leave me on the suboxone to see if I could use it for Chronic Pain.  Needless to say it didn't work for pain and now I find myself once again detoxing today is day 4 for me off the suboxone and I am in severe pain no energy feel funny in the head seem to have some vision issues any way my Drl put me on Exalgo 8mg ER along with hydromorphone 4mg.  The suboxone detox so far has been nothing compared to my previous detox from opiates maybe the Exalgo it keeping it at by.  I am just suffering severe body pain which is why I take medicine.  I just wanted to say that I hate the life of additction I have been on pain meds so long I wish I could go into rehad and detox from everything I take and just see how I might do with some natural therapy ie massage, nutrition, excercise etc. maybe I could manage with some ibprofen instead after this detox I will be put on methadone to see if it works for the pain.  Isn't it funny how insurance will cover expensive meds or let you go to a hospital setting for detox but wont give you a chance to see if you could get better.  I have had many spine surgeries also full rib resection removal of two ribs but even after the surgeries I was on opiates.  I got so confused after 15 years on opiates I couldnt tell if the pain was from withdrawal due to needing more oxy and percs or was it from my spine I would love the opportunity to find out.  I am totally disabled and have medical as well as insurance through my husbands work it only pays for hospital I wonder if there are any facilities that take medicar.  Anyway thank you for listening just need to vent.
im not sure what day it is for me its been about a week i think, Today the muscle cramps have kicked in. i took a hot bath earlier and that seemed to help a little bit. The worst part is I have NO energy whatsoever. Its really hard to even get up from sitting down or even sitting down. it hurts to walk. it hurts to move! It really ***** but ive been trying to make myself be active as much as i can. It is so hard. Also I have been getting spikes of depression that come and go. Sometimes ill be so depressed I feel like im going crazy. That slowly wears off and I will feel ok, like i might feel happy for awhile. Then deprresd again. What helps for me is watching comedys (like The big bang theory or Family Guy) you cant help but laugh at those shows. To anyone going thru this just hang in there. dont give in. and we are all going thru this together were not alone!
Hi i was using about 7-12 30mg oxycodones a day for the last 6 months, i started taking suboxone 3 days ago after aa 48 hr horrible withdrawal period n I was feeling better within 2 days but i really dont want to be on the subs long the first day 16mg, yesterday 8mg, and today 6 mg. I plan on weaning myself off suboxones quickly, do u think that is ok? and how quick should i do it? Thanks
no idea...i took my last 2mg this morning and not looking forward to the next 10 days or so i was hoping..
just realised i have answered a 3 year old post!...hope he done it,lol.
I am on day 4 w/out subs but I only was on it for 7 days but here's my back story.....
I was on the evil methadone for 7 years and have been off it for 38 days. The last week I started subs- took 4mg the 1st 2 days, then 2mg the next 3 days and 1mg the last 2 days. I already went thru 31 days of hell from methadone and now again!! Does anyone know how long my sub w/d will last? I start a new job mon and I'm terrified.....
Did you start your new job?  Hope everything went ok.  
I was on Suboxone for 2 1/2 years.  I put myself on them to get off Vic's.  I took between 3-6 8mg per day.  I decided to put myself into a 5 day detox center, knowing I was going to detox "cold turkey," I begged god to help me through this (this was my 1st attempt to quit with help, I couldn't make it past 4 days on my own, I had no idea what to expect).  I had NO withdraws at all, in those 5 days (except I never slept).  I "ASSUMED" that since the chemical was out of my system I was back to my old self, (boy was I wrong).  I went 27 days without sleep!  My w/d's were; sneezing, RLS a lot, vision problems (would see double), Chilled (2 months), NO ENERGY, didn't want to talk to anyone, experienced depression, which I've never had it was horrible, (thought I was going to lose my mind), and had no short term memory whatsoever (I'm in sales and can chat all day, my mind was so out of wack that when I would talk to anyone I would say words wrong, and every other minute forget what I was going to say, I felt so stupid, (thought the pills had seriously fried my brain), and my body ached and I had awful back pain that lasted for 2 weeks, ( I thought that I seriously had back problems and just didn't realize it because I was always on Subs).  The weird thing is that I was probably off Subs for about 10 days (w/d was only the lack of sleep, and leg twitches) and then all of a sudden all the symptoms I described above kicked in.  I'm not a meeting person.  I did 30 meetings in 5 days which I am sure is a major reason why I felt no w/d in detox (I was always occupied).  NO ONE in the rehab, or AA meetings knew what Suboxone was so no one could tell me what to expect.  It was nice to be around a lot of people that were addicts like me, who understood, but no one had knowledge of Suboxone).  After 3 months of having all these w/d symptoms (except I finally could sleep, Aleve & Motrin helped with the leg twitches till they finally stopped) I thought okay maybe for the 1st time in my life I need to seek mental help, maybe I needed to be on an anti-depressants because my depression was so bad that I felt like I was in morning.  I went to one session and the doctor explained to me that because of the length of time I was on Subs and how much I was taking, that just jumping off "cold turkey" was a big part of all my mental symptoms.  She told me that MAYBE if I had tappered myself off (doesn't always work for everyone she said) it would of given my brain time to slowly adjust, but since I didn't my brain was so out of wack (this did make me feel better to know that I wasn't losing my mind, that was my only visit. I found all the support I needed in praying to god and talking to him all day long and asking him to please help me).  By the 4th month I was noticing that all my symptoms were gone (except still no energy), I no longer was so depressed and feeling like I was making real progress, ready to take on the world again!  I now see why they say "just for today, one day at a time."  Every day of a w/d seems so long and hopeless that if you can make it for that day then you would have 1 w/d day behind you!  
Now, after knowing all of this, can anyone tell me how much longer until I have energy again and not feel like every move I make is such a chore (I can handle the "no energy" after going through all the w/d symptoms).  I am 1 week from being off Sub for six months and would like to know HOW MUCH LONGER till the energy comes back.  I am so happy with life again it just would be really nice to have the energy to live life to the fullest.  

I am not trying to scare or discourage anyone because of the length of my recovery (because we all know that everyone is different), I just want to hear from someone who experienced what I did and can estimate, or tell me when they were 100% back to normal.   I have heard that it can take up to a year, but no one seems to know that million dollar question "how much longer" lol.  

My advice to anyone who recently is w/d from Subs is; stay away from anyone who may temp you, remove their numbers break all ties.  Stay around happy people (lord knows you don't need to be around someone depressing), find a friend, or family member that you can lean on when you’re not having such a good day.  For me it was my Aunt Dee, she found the detox center.  After I left detox she was ALWAYS there!  Since I didn’t go to any meetings and ruled out getting medical help, it was so comforting to have her there supporting me, and most importantly just listening.  I would get off of the phone with her and would feel good about myself, I had hope, I was in a better frame of mind.  If it wasn’t for Jesus and her I would’ve never received help (I was alone, on the floor sobbing harder than I think I ever had before.  No rehab would help me because of my insurance, I felt hopeless.  By the grace of God my Aunt Dee calls, as I was mentally breaking down.  She told me not to give up.  A few minutes later she called me back with the number to this amazing detox center that welcomed me with open arms.  I will never forget how caring and understanding they were to me.  I have the detox center and most importantly my Aunt Dee to thank for getting me the help I needed).  Lastly, the one thing that also helped me  was watching lots of comedies, they made me laugh and think to myself I'm going to be okay, it also would make me forget about my symptoms for long periods at a time.  

Another thing that stuck with me from rehab (I still do every day) was; wake up and thank god for 3 things I am great full for, and set 3 goals for the day.  If you don't meet all 3 goals, it's okay.  When I would say mine it would make me feel like there was hope for me and gave me something to strive for, just for that day.  If I got to where I had no energy and couldn't do all 3, I knew it was okay because I tried, I was in a better mood, and knew that there was always tomorrow, a new "drug free" day that I might be able to accomplish that goal.  My final comment, my biggest accomplishment is that I have a better relationship with my god.  I could of NEVER made it without that higher power answering my prayer to make it through detox without w/d (because I was new to the whole rehab it was awsome that I didn't suffer though w/d because I was able to learn so many things that I will never forget).  Without god here by my side I would of never made it this far!  When I wake up and thank him, I feel like crying, not sad tears anymore but tears of joy.  "I made it" and you, lord were with me the whole time!  No matter what religion you are I strongly suggest that you turn to whomever your higher power is.  I now know why they say in rehab that you cannot do this alone and without the help of god you will have a heck of a time on your own!   Best of luck to all of you, you can do it!

"Thank you Jesus" for walking next to me the entire time, not giving up on me and keeping your promise.  I am a better person because of you!   AMEN....
Hey! I was on different pills around 2 years now. Last 8 mounths i was taking subs for the most part. Usually it was 4 mg. Last 30 days i was doing 1/20 of the 8 mg pill to cut down before quiting at all. For the first time in almost 2 years im doing a break. I didnt take subs for 7 days. I dont have goose bumps or sweating. But i have no energy at all. I tried to exercise but it didnt work out. I hardly can get out of the bed. I thought by cutting down the mg's ill cut the amount of the time the withdrawals last. But it seems it didnt help. I was wondering what if i take a little bit of oxycodone or codeine when i need something to do( work, college) would it make my withdrawals last longer?
I was on 2 mg sub for a yr almost exactly I did not taper down I just stopped taking tham Sunday and I feel like I'm dying. I'm not hungry have to energy and can't sleep plus bad chills... Is the anyway Xanax or colonopin could help w the anxiety or sleeping. I hurt so bad and act so angry and cry all the time and it's been 3 days.
Ive been on subs for bout 9 months bcuz i had an addiction to dros for lik 3 yrs. First it startd off as rec. but then one day at wrk of feeling bad i had took a dro and felt great well i guess we know what happend from there it was so bad that i was drinkn on the job while eatn lik 20 10s just to function daily then after i got off of wrk i wld go and get anywere from 30-50 more so that i cld have some for that evening and morning for wrk....that lastd bout a yr o so..then 1day i had told a friend that i wantd to quit those and he said if i was serious he cld help me......well i was introduced to subs and i can say the did help me c things diff again. But there is only 1 prob i got addicited to those as well now ive finally told myself i wantd off subs cuz gettn them underground got expensive plus i felt i guess normal again..i had gotten n2 wrknout regularly 6 day a wk...now i have been off of subs for 9 days and i still feel bad with sum off/on periods of the day....i had to take off of wrk bout 4 days cuz the withdrawls were to bad i had insomina bad havent slept n 9 days either ive taken everything under the sun to put me to sleep still not wrkn...im wonering when will i eva get ne sleep like normal again...ive been havin diarreah (diarrhea) for like 6 days how much more  longer am i gonna feel like this...bad thing is i have a sub but dnt wanna take it im just needing or wanting to hear sum kinda good news...i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel..but dang how long is this tunnel...i gotta b back to wrk monday.......ne1 with sum great news or encouraging words...........how much more longer of the withdrawls......... PLEASE AND THANK  U
depends on how much you jumped off at! if you did a long taper shouldnt be much longer, if you jumped at a high dose it takes months, just hang in there, i did a long taper still went around 21 days with no sleep i also had to work it was rough, sleep like 2 or 3 hours tops, then after the no sleep thing you start sleeping more and your body is wore out than wants to rest like all the time for about 2 weeks with no energy, than the symptoms come and go, just hang in there man it does get better trust me! god bless!
I really dont the mg i think mayb either 8 o 4mg...i was taking whteva size sub that i could get it was mostly the sub strips 8mg  had startd breaking those down n2 1/8 but after those i had gotten ahold of 8mg pills mayb eatn an half mayb more but i only had like 8  of them......its day 10 and i had slep a lil on/off....i dont feel that bad today my diarreah (diarrhea) i think is disappering.....hopefully im getting better still need encouraging words...thnxs
exercise helps alot also, stay active, take vitiams, every day gets better, just keep thinking i abused my body for almost 25 years, if it takes me a year to feel like i did when i was younger it will be worth it all, i get little waves of energy now, my drive to get things done is getting better also. you will start feeling better and better every day, sub is a very strong drug, you did go off at a high dose makes a big difference, your at day 10 you got this man, you will relize how much sub messed with your emotions, might want to consider starting a new thread you will get more support, putting my trust in christ helped alot, just kept thinking what he went through for me carrying my cross with my sin's and he was god in the flesh he was sinless spotless son of god, god and life is so awesome now, i will never go back to them demon pills again, we are hear for you! hang in there buddy you got this demon running, god bless!  
Whts the bad part bout it the subs had gotten me wantn to wrkout i was goin to the gym everyday 6 wk.....since i had been off not been wantn to do ne thing esp. Exercise i do go for walks......i know ppl say it suppose to get beter but here at day11 still feel bad on o mostly n da morning bcuz i cant mf sleep....i eat as much as possible but m stomach still feels hollow. I gotta go back to  wrk tomorrow hopefuly all will b well o at least better than today....encouraging words needed .....plz and thxs
hey
im on day 20 its been a battle.. i went to a holding because i didnt trust myself at home i had a legal script. i was on them for about 10 months, i was a opiate monster and ill tell ya kicking suboxone was worse than any opiate i kicked! it lasted alot longer, i caught a bad sinus infection while i was in the holding so feel drained its been 7 days on antibiotics so im hoping any day i will start to feel better. i never thought i could be substance free but its happening! i suggets anyone thinking about taking suboxone get all the facts. i was told by my doctor no wd,s yea ok ! it sucked so anyone suffering..keep your head up it will get better..it may take a while but whats the alternative? staying high was a 24/7 job that i DONT WANT ANYMORE???
hey
do yourself a favor stay away from the benzos..xanax klonopin etc..thats even a harder kick..plus benzos and alchohol are the only withdrawels you can actually dye from..seizures and ****..im on day 20 off subs..its been rogh i caught a virus so been on amoxicillian so i got no energy but i hear it will come back..keep you head up i dont have the symptoms as bad although still sleep like **** but i know you can do it if i did...good luck
Hello its been 14 dayz sub free and i almost forgot what it feels like being free...i feel bad n the morning but soon as  i get off wrk i feel great....im stilll having prob sleeping and lil upset stomach....but alot better than the first wk
hi guys,im in n.z....have been a methodone patient for 10 years switched to suboxone to lesson the withdrawls as coming off methodone is the worse thing ive experienced in my 37 years,however switching over has been great, its a whole lot easier to come off of.ive been tapering ever since i started 2 months ago and im now on half a 2mg pill and stop all together next week. i cant wait.ive been a opiate abuser for the better part of 20 years and im at a cross road of a big hole that i have to jump into and imbrace clean living. however what im reading on these posts scare the **** out of me.my wife has been totally clean for just over 3 years now,im not a church person or a person to ask our ****** addiction service as they gave me no support when i come clean the 1st time.what scares me most of all is the feeling of being lost and not knowing what to do or how to make my world the way it was without taking substances.ive separated myself from all the scumbags that use me or bring me into those situations which lead me to use. my partner is so supportive.but i still doubt my ability to do this, but i am.i will keep you informed of my progress.stay strong people.
I have been on soboxone for 7 years. I weaned myself down to 2mg. Its been 21 days and I must say the worst is over and every week seems to have a smaller, but diffrent symptom. How I feel today is aggravating cold feel and sweaty hands all the time. Im also experiencing major hunger pains 20 min. after I eat a meal. I feel lethargic and physically unmotivated, but force myself to activity when I can. Family friends and mental stimulation helps immensely. How I feel is tolerable but uncomfortable for its lingering. Im just looking forward to the future for obvious reasons, but especially for what I will have accomplished.
Hello friends. How long would the withdrawls last from oxycontin or vicodin versus suboxone?
I have question to those familiar with hydrocodone (Vidodin), Percocet, and oxycodene (oxycontin). Well I guess I started taking vicodin (and occasionally percocet) recreationally about 1 year ago. A month in i couldnt tolerate the withdrawal, so i found suboxone on the street. So i would eat vicodin for 3 days and eat suboxone tablets for 4 days, come pay day the process happened over and over. i started doing oxycontin about a week ago. I tried quitting vicodin about 4 months ago.  I did no painkillers, went on suboxone for about a month and a half. I thought the point of these withdrawl (withdrawal) medications was to mitigate the effect of withdrawl (withdrawal), but it still ***** almost as much. I made it for 3 days and caved. I got horrible stomach pain, like someone was plunging a knife into my stomach, i could handle the diareahha and cold sweats more than the stomach pain. As i have read on here that suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) can last a few months!!! whats the point of taking it? i know withdrawl (withdrawal) from painkllers is more intense but wont it last a shorter period of time, than the withdrawl (withdrawal) from suboxone?
Sorry if this question was answered already, i tried looking and did not see it.
I sent you a message, if you start your own post, you will get more response. This thread started in 2009.
Day39 sub free glad to finally say i think the worse is behind the only problem that still lingers is my stomach feels like it has a huge hole in it cant never seem to fill full and really cant taste food once it passes my throat
....other than that great life to live ahead without subs..
Man its day 19 off subs and I fell so depressed, i have no energy at all. Trying to go to school, work and keep this from my family is killing me on the inside.  I'm to the point were i think this will never end, no one understands what  iam going through.  I recently got a DUI, and i don't even drink that often, so i have to deal with court also.  I'm afraid that when i do eventually feel normal that i wont like it because the reason i started taking opiates is because i hated feeling normal.
I have been an addict for at least ten years.  I am 28, I have done them all.  OxyContin for about 4 years.  And that's a bi%#^ to come off of.  The past 3 years. I have been doing percocets, louratabs, Vicodin.  A d doing subs on the days I could find any thing else. Those pills are 1$per mg.  and subs are 20-25$ each, and 1 sub would last me 2 days.  I am 7 days clean and it's been hell.  But I really fell good about It this time.  In the past 10 years, I bet I have only been clean for maye 2 months.  I get Lots of support from my wife, and my family.  I broke down 7 days ago and told every1 everything.  I really feel good about this...  
I weaned down to less than .25mg a day for about 3 months. My withdrawals usually started at night. I tried coming off of 2mg months before but the restless leg was too bad and got back on subs. Anyways, the only withdrawals I had coming down to that low dose was anxiety and depression, no modavation. I was able to sleep, eat, ect. All mental. This lasted awhile! Got on antidepressant, didn't hep much. Just gotta pull through it. Months! It takes months to get through the depression and anxiety. Good luck all. U can do it.
I was on subs for a very short time which was about 170 days ago. I have been clean off of subs now for 75 days. I used subs for 3 months this started out at 3 8mg/2mg pills under the tongue a day and I dropped down to 1/2 8mg/2mg pill once a day and I really did not have much physical pain more mental for me. I had read and heard so many horror stories of people being on it for a long time and getting hooked and the longer you are on it the harder withdraw is so I vowed to get on get my life back and get off and that is exactly what I did and I had hardly any W/d side affects at all! My advice first find a specialist who deals with subs pls don't take it off the streets you need advice on what I took and how it helped me message me :)
My hubby and I are on like day 9 or 10! My stomach hurts so much, so weak, and depressed, want to kill myself! Crying all the time, hurts to eat.. Wish I could just sleep my days Away till I feel semi normal at least or human.. We tapered down on subox to the most smallest piece of subox.. Y are withdrawls are as bad as coming off OC's... Did subox for a year. Anybody have home reamidies to ease this or give energy to feel alive again? Thanks
Thank you for sharing. Six months. I detoxed myself from 5 years suboxone November 2012. Naively because never addicted before. Ended up at kind of a sketchy clinic called New Beginnings the beginning of December. They just wanted to put me on more drugs and delay the process. Like 20mg Valium which thankfully I cut to 10 mg. and finally at 1 mg. afraid of all drugs and have massage and acupuncture weekly. But so not myself and afraid I will not be able to work or ever be productive. I think March 10 will be 90 day mark where I have been off suboxone and hope I am returning to normal?
  Seems like I progress and then no sleep for days and just watch tv or lay around.  I am beginning to walk 2 miles every other day. Which is hard and I am anxious about everything. Which is so not me?  Every day I hope this will be the day I am up to being strong again. But too unmotivated. And even started cigarettes which I had quit. To get me through this boredom. I feel like I just want to die. How at 50 will I ever go back to my career?  Holding on to that 90 day mark.
I am on 65 days of withdrawl (withdrawal) i tryed 1 year ago to get of sub and i relapsed day 5 omg what a nightmare those days felt like now i did it a little bit different i used kratom and let me tell you i hope its something god put out there cause days have been flying by even tho there slow every day i wake up i feel wrestles till kratom is taken i also am perscribed to medican gonja and kalonapin and i still feel the suboxone withdrawl (withdrawal) even tho i am taking a bunch of stuff to easy it. i think suboxone should be banned. and they need to figure out a way to get people off of it safe. i quick read through everything 3 months turning point? is there secondary withdrawls and is it posible for me to start feeling better? not motivated but can do 30 push ups every other hr skiping work every day my family needs me to help some one please lay down some answers for me or some advice this is unbelievable stress.  
I'm confused. My plan was to take 6 days off of work & go to my cabin to detox. I've been on subs for 2 & 1/2 years - down to 8mg/day. I took my last dose exactly 72 hours ago & am just now starting to feel a bit fatigued, very mild back aches, and chills. I didnt go to the cabin because my mom found all of the horror stories where the withdrawels last weeks & weeks. it's saturday now & I need to be back to work Tuesday. Is it odd that i'm just now starting to feel it (barely) or is the worse yet to come? please help.
My most recent addiction has been alcohol/xanax but years ago I was taking Suboxone for almost a year and when I stopped yea it took a couple days for W/D's to get intense.I was going back and forth between the orange 8mg pills and the 8mg strips.I don't wanna scare you but I remember being in W/D's for awhile from Suboxone but you have the right mind set so good luck.
I am almost done with day 13 with no suboxone and although the withdrawal does suck, I forced myself to move a bit today and it does help. My husband and I were on suboxone for almost 6yrs and then I found out I needed knee surgery so we decided to use the surgery as a way to get off suboxone for good. My sub Dr. told me a few days of pain meds after surgery would totally prevent suboxone withdrawal. I've wanted off it for 3yrs so I figured it was an easy out. Just fyi, they LIED. I was off the pain meds by day 5 and them sub wd set in and I wanted to die. Long story short, what helped was a daily vitamin, b12, imodium (immodium), and forcing myself to move. Don't get me wrong, I still feel no energy but each day it gets better and I'm starting to feel alive again. Hang in there
I'm wondering if I'll feel n e detox effects.. I've been taking a lil piece of a film strip for about two weeks---like less then a milligram a day n I'm on federal probation n my PO hasn't said nothing yet about it being
In my urine yet but I just wanna know how bad it will be when I do have to stop taking it???..like I said it takes me a week to take a 8mg strip so I am on literally less then a milligram a day----somebody let me know---thanx
Hi I am having a very tuff time been off it for 5 months ! messed up a few times but it's my joints and going to the bathroom all the time very pain full hips and back pain, pains in testacies the list goes on! I  was put on the nasty drug to get off of meth! I am one very scared lonely man (: any help would be appreciated thx Nick
Hi, Just wondering how your getting on apologies for my last email i did not realize you where a girl. I am experiencing the same problems and its really bad I have been clean for 5 months and my back and other previously mentioned stuff is still going on. I was fine for two weeks and then pain! How are you doing?
God bless Nick.
Suboxone/Subutex  should be taken off the market....I have chronic low back pain and have been on low doses of Percocet/oxycodone 15mg 3xday, then back on percs 10mg/3xday, I kept having bad reactions to the meds and they would switch me.  Morphine never worked for me. The Docs kept wanting to put me on the Fentanyl patch and I resisted for years until I didn't have another choice, so I went on 25mg Fentanyl Patch every 2 days with 10mg oxycodone up to 3xday for breakthrough pain. It worked wonderful in the beginning, no ups or downs like Percocet/oxycodone etc...Then at the end of the summer I started having problems with the Fentanyl, breathing problems, withdrawal symptoms (I never have had that bad feeling before)  I rarely took the perc's, then after about 6 mos I started taking the Percocet....then I got worse and by the end of December I ripped the Fentanyl patch off and all hell broke loose....I was told by Doc to put back on, I said NO WAY, ended up in ER and they said to take a percocet  every 4 hours to withdrawal from Fentanyl patch.   After 10 days, they said you will be withdrawn from Fentanyl, now we have to withdraw you from the Percs.   Now the walk through HELL begins....enter Subuxone....I enter hospital and after about 14 hours without any Percocet, in pretty bad withdrawal, I am given I think 8mg of Subuxone, twice a day for 2 days then I am sent home and tinctured down for a total of 20 days.  I m not sure of the total mg's, someone administered to me.  I felt great....no one told me what would happen next.  The withdrawal started a day later and got progressively worse, everything everyone has posted happened.  The first 3 months were a living hell, I am now 4 months out and I can barely walk up my steps, and still have that real bad feeling.  I know it will end, but who knew what they gave me for only 3 to 4 perc's a day would be 100% worse then cutting down slowly.  I would have been over this months ago without the EXTREME HELL this drug did to me.   PLEASE reconsider whether to use this drug for withdrawal, for some it may not be worth it.
Hello everyone
Thanks for all these comments
It has given me a bit of hope
I am weaning myself off Suboxone patches
It's been horrific
And I am scared and lonely like Nick
I don't know where you's all are, but I'm in Melbourne (Australia) if anyone wants to meet up for a coffee & mutual support
Until then I'll keep reading this blog which is helping me validate what is happening to me
It's frightening to think I am going depressed and agitated for no reason
This is a very old thread.  You would probably get a lot more replies if you started your own thread.  Look for the orange "post a question" button on the top right of the page.

Most people disregard the older threads, especially the long ones.
I am on day 6 I feel like hell but I do not want a crutch my stomach hurts my body aches nobody knew I was on subs I hid from my family husband and friends so I am going through this alone but I am pushing through I feel better every day I just want my energy back
I'm on day 25, jumped from 8mg.  You're through the worst man, you can do this. It will end, just remember it will end.  After the first week it's about patience.  May be placebo, but I take 4 immodium in the morning with tonic water and it helps a lot.  By day 14 you know it will end, by 30 you'll be feeling more good that bad.  Some people say 90 days, but set your goal one week at a time.  That's about how long it took me to cycle through the symptoms.  Withdrawal in slow motion.  

Let me know if you need to talk.

I hallucinated on the 4th day.  I was delirious, laughing and ****.  
i have been taking the suboxone film 8 mgs a day, and i never felt a thing..  i think they are a placebo because i haven't had one for 6 days and i am doing fine.  i was addicted to some serious stuff before i started suboxone over 2 years ago.   i have been trying this at longer intervals not wanting to have that horrible addicted feeling, but it seems either they have an enormous half life or i am some sort of an alien.
LOL, maybe you ARE an alien!  LOL

Hey, whatever the reason, be happy!  You're definitely the exception to the rule!  Meds affect everyone very differently, so you just never know.  

Hope you have a solid aftercare plan in place.  You will be more vulnerable for relapse after coming off the subs, so it's important to continue addressing the addiction, either via private addiction counseling, AA/NA meetings, etc.

Good luck to you!
I am coming off of suboxone. Today is day 1 and I'm starting to feel real bad  I don't know what to do with myself
I am on day 20 of sub detox and i dont feel like it can get any more miserable than it is right now. I have been on subs for a few years and i didnt try to ween myself off. I took about 12 mg a day. I know what to expect bc i went cold turkey a couple years ago and it took a while for my body to feel right again. Laying awake at night w/ ur skin crawling and ur mind racing is the worst part. I can only stare at the cieling for so long. But ur body will sleep when it needs to. Stay away from over the counter sleep aids like benedryl or anything w/diphenahydramine in it. I dont think they are strong enough to phase the chemicals that r still in ur body. I use valerian root and nighttime tea. They help a little w/ the restlessness but the only thing that is gonna have a true effect is time. So dont give in to the darkness. I know its hard and sometimes u feel like u arent strong enough but u are. Ive done it once and happiness did return along w/ good sleep. I only relapsed bc i had a surgery and i was put on opiates again and returned to the subs. I am just fed up w/ addiction and all of the sh*t that goes along w/ it. My biggest motivator is my daughters. If u have children do it for them. Also the fact that i NEVER want to go through w/drawel again. So hang in there. Take it one day at a time and dont forget what ur going through bc it just might be the saving grace.
I am withdrawing from suboxone right now. Im so tired but cant sleep. I have the worst case of restlessness that I cant think straight. Its really bad. My nerves are crazy. Everything feels off. **** I cant wait till it all stops.
hi Ryan....this is an old thread so go to the top of the page and hit "ask a question" and post it there....that way more people will see this and can give you advice and support....this site is great for both those....and more people with sub experience can help you with WDs symptoms...good luck and post that new thread!  we are here to help!!  
Hey everyone who is suffering from withdrawls from Suboxone. I was taking Subs for over 5 years and had had enough. I decided to taper down from 24mgs/day, to 1 mg a day for over 6 months. I stayed on just the 1mg/day for 2-3 years! When it came down to my last sliver of the film I knew tough times were ahead because I've tried to stop unsuccessfully several times prior. The 1st 10 days are filled with nausea, tremors, anxiety, insomnia and no energy. Also you feel like an emotional wreck, crying for no reason at times. I'm on my 24th day free of Subs and most of the physical symptoms are gone. I still am having problems sleeping and restless leg type of stuff. Muscle twitches and sweating with tightness in my chest. How long will this last???
For myself it was about 6wks before I felt as close to 100% as I was going to be. Almost all of the symptoms were gone for the most part and the rest has been purely psychological. When using suboxone, or other opiates for that matter, I was just so used to waking up and having that slight pick-me-up feeling. So having energy and dealing with bouts of anxiety related issues continued on and off but part of that is just how my body works I suppose. The worst part is a little over a year I took a single norco and it progressed slowly over a few months right back to where I started. Its embarassing, sad and just straight stupid but it happened. I can't stress enough that initial w/d's are hard but staying clean is sometimes even harder. For me it was like winning the battle but ended up losing the war down the road. So when you do start feeling "normal" again remember to always keep your guard up. This was about 4yrs ago and I'm currently back on Sub and hoping to quit here soon. My personal opinion about Buprenorphine is in some cases it's the right way to go if your addiction is seriously life threatening. As we've found out though its just another addiction but I'm able to live without 99% of the occasional cravings. I will be getting of Sub as soon as I can and I'll make sure to post my 2nd experience and how it goes. I wish everyone out there the best of luck with whatever addiction they may be dealing with. We have the strength to stay sober, its about finding it and staying strong. Take Care!
Great post TysonRed, I wish you all the luck in the word my friend, you got this!
I have been taking the smallest amount over the past 2 years, maybe .25 to .50 of a 8mg film.  I have continued to take it bc every time I try to get off I fail.  I have never been able to make it past the 3rd day which is so frustrating bc I feel trapped.  I am a single mom with 2 kids and full time job and no time to take a week to "tough it out".  I have tried everything and wonder how long is the worst over?  I expected some discomfort but the pain in my chest and trouble breathing is the worst.  the flu symptoms are no joke either.  Is there any trick or suggestion to get through the worst?
I was on eight mg suboxone three times a day for eight and a half years.  I have been off for five weeks but still feel like its the first day over and over again. WHEN WILL IT END!?
I took 24 mg a day for eight and a half years and im five weeks off now.  I still feel like its the first week and I would trade it in a heart beat for a weeks worth heroin withdrawal.  Damn doctors get us hooked on yet another drug!  Anyway, just keep going, its awful but it cant last forever even if it seems so.  I have no info on how long till youre better but I wanted to let you know that if I can do it after eight and a half years, you can do it!  Good Luck!
Hi there and welcome! This is an older thread and you would get more responses if you go to the main page and hit the 'post a question' link. I want you to be sure to get all of the answers and support that you need! I have no personal experience with subs, but there are a lot of people on here that do. Please stick around and keep posting. This is a fantastic place to get encouragement and support. Good luck to you and please take care!
I have been going back and forth from opiates(oxi cotton and percacets) for 3 years.. This past year, I am proud to say I have stayed sober, with the help of soboxone, and now at 14 months sober I have decided to get off Suboxone.. I have been on as high as 32mg a day.. And this past year I have gotten down to 2mg a day for the last 6months.. Taken right when I wake up.. And when I decided to get off Suboxone, the last two days I only took 1mg..

Day one
I woke up and got out of bed. Foggy mind, clammy skin, and muscle aches. No motivation. But I forced myself to get out and do stuff. Went shopping. And while at the mall it seemed as if my senses where heightened. My anxiety was so high. Hot flashes. But I pushed through. With the support of my boyfriend, family, and friends. I have held a positive attitude towards this process. After the mall, my boyfriend and I met with his grandma and tool her to her playground.. The casino.. My symptoms seemed to lessen as the day went on. I've been eating a lot of sweets (don't know why it helps me but it does)

At the mall I bought some bath bombs, naturally made, that had lavender and chamomile infused on them..they also claimed to help with muscle aches and ability to sleep. I took a bath and used one of them and it helps so much.. Made the bath as hot as I could take it and stayed in there 5minutes passed my "wanting to get out" point. I felt great.. My blood was pumping, I felt so relaxed, my boyfriend even noticed the difference. We watched some of out favorite shows. Then I took a melatonin and went to sleep. Irritableness was very low this day.

Day two
I slept surprisingly well last night. Fell asleep fast, stayed asleep, woke up around 7am and could fall back asleep. Restless legs and muscle aches kicked in.i also experienced very weird dreams. Its very wet and nasty outside so I have not got out and about. My symptoms seem to be lessen today.. I would rate my muscle aches about a 4.. On a 1-10 scale.. Appetite Is less than normal. The foggyness has cleared for the most part...and the clamminess has also decreased. I have gotten homework done, gave my dog a bath, took a hot shower, and been lounging.. I feel okay. Better than yesterday. My only concern right now, is the days to come.. Will it get worse? I have read about the half life of suboxone and I have ignored the usual tapering process..but I figure this effects everyone differently.. And so far so good.. If it gets worse tomorrow.. Then I will consider a different tapering method.. But I believe this will work.. I tapered down tremendously..the one thing I didn't do is the every other day and every two day dose tapering.. Went from 16mg to 8mg during the first month then  to 4mg for a couple months then to 2mg for 6+ months ... and then 1mg the last two days. This process was over one year.

230pm
Little restlessness and anxiety.. I am bout to eat for the first time today, besides chocolate, and after that I need to do something! Can't sit here no more.. But my motivation to get reahdy is low.. Muscle aches hardly there.. Restless legs more than anything.. Even RLS isn't as bad as I predicted for day two.. Probably a 4 out of 10... And still not irritable.. And I feel happy and positive.. Hoping this continues..
I want to thank you all for your post... My husband and I are on day 8 of sub withdrawal. Right now my husband is ready to give in. I'm not so much. I do however feel ALL the symptoms. Anxiety, chills, insanity! My husband feels the same. After reading these posts, I realize it might be us feeding off of eachother... Anyhow I came on here, to see if anyone could say how long we'll feel this way, but it looks like it's different for each person... We are not "meeting" people, but did get sponsors. Not doing the 90 in 90 though. Just reading the bible! Seems to be working. Anything to get my mind right. My poor kids probably think, this *****.......
I am on day 5 only of the the withdrwal from suboxone. I am soooo depressed, I am hearing it take 30-90 days to have relief. How can I do this? Please help me someone/anyone! I have to work.
So my fiance is withdrawing he feels like ****, like his body hurt, and his body is wick.. i wanna help what can i do to help?
Hey guys, just want y'all all to know you're all awesome having an open chat about suboxone. I swear, me and almost all my friends have had to ween our selves...and the first time I came off suboxone i didn't sleep for almost 2 weeks. Well you know, I did "sleep" but maybe an hour here and there...my kidneys and lower back hurt me so bad i could have literally cried. But just as everyone else on here is saying, the best way is drink plenty of water, exercise, and something I did that helped tremendously was keeping a journal from day to day...Stuff like that helps you realize how far you've come each day...Best of luck, I know how you guys feel.
get him B Vitamin energy shots. Pomegranate juice. A Journal to write his thoughts and feelings down about how he is feelings. and MAKE him exercise and drink atlas 8 8oz a day...If he will follow that routine he will be better within the week.
Us in the medical community are finding out more and more scary facts on suboxone...Trust me, when I graduated Medical School it was getting to the point where the professors told me that within 20 to 30 years of long term studies on suboxone some SCARY things will come out about it. So your doing great! I know how it is, but find you a new hobby like music or exercise! You can do it michelle!
I hear ya!After all it's 30 times more powerful than morphine.
ive been detoxing and withdrawing of 24mg of bup and 2mg xanax for a week now, i went cold turkey  and its been a nightmare, i dont sleep, ive lost 6kgs in 6 days and my whole body aches,All i want is a good night sleep and a big feed,, when will this happen?????????????
Hey ratty,

Unfortunately subs are a long detox.  I was on suboxone for over 6 years and I have 27 days clean now and I am still far from right.  I still have diarrhea, I only get 1-2 hours of broken sleep per night and waves of anxiety and depression still hit me.
The sleeplessness is definitely the worst part and I'm still not able to sleep so I can't give you an idea as to when it will fix itself, just got to hold on and know this is the best thing for you...and me.
I'm with you on all oa it. I was on for a little over a year and now I have been off for a little over a week and I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's taking everything in me to not go back. I just want it to be over.
The problem with most Suboxone detox's is that most Physicians are unaware of the withdrawal length if not tapered properly.

The best way to detox, in my uneducated but experienced opinion is to use Suboxone for a very short period of time at smaller doses. I have detoxed off Suboxone after 14 days of use.

I sleep about 7 hours per night, though fragmented and get the occasional stomach cramps and lethargy, but it's palatable.

Suboxone withdrawals are not worse than Oxycodone/Hydrocodone withdrawals, they are extended in their symptoms, which psychologically depresses the person going through it.It does end, for some within a few weeks to 30 days, for those who have depression issues it can subside a little bit later but it's nothing that is going to ruin you. Just stay the course and you will see advances in your health.
Been off suboxone a week. Can't seem too feel better if my life depended on it!
I'm 63 years old.  Have to relate my situation with suboxone detox similar to those most recent posts.  Due to a severe back injury I was on hydrocodone (Norco 10/325) for nearly nine years, 30-40 mg/day, and MorphineSR for the last 6 months. I have a quite high tolerance for pain and wouldn't be described as having an addictive tendency in my personality. Twice during those years I went off Norco cold turkey in preparation for back procedures.  Both times it took 5 agonizing days but then was fine, like the world was suddenly a bright place on day 6, but both of these detoxes were a few years ago.  This time my whole medical team (surgeons, anethesiologists, etc.), decided I needed to get off the Norco and Morphine so the team could make an truly informed decision on exactly how bad was my back pain without meds.  Sooooo...a 7 day suboxone mediated-opiate detox program was implemented. Off the Morphine one day, off the Norco the next, 24 hours of full blown withdrawals, then next day started suboxone, 4mg the first two days, then 2mg for the next 5 days.  Doctor said WDs would, in earnest, start about day 3 after I stopped the suboxone.  That's the way it happened, but considerably worse than I was lead to believe by the detox doctor. Started having all the symptoms that people have described here (severe aches, RLS, sneezes, sleeplessness, everything).  Was prescribed methylcarbamol for the muscle aches and Ativan for the depression, and to sleep.  Those drugs helped marginally but made me a mental basket case.  Day 6 I had such severe symptoms that my wife had to take me to the ER where I was admitted and sedated.  They kept that sedation (with the Ativan, 2-4mg at a time, several times a day) over the next several days at home.  I was totally out of it and have no memory of that week.  My point/question is this.  I literally couldn't take that anymore so after several doctor consults they reduced the dosages to taper me off.  I am now on day 22 since I stopped the subs and can quite honestly say I still feel like total crap, with virtually all the associated WD symptoms, and definitely feel like I'm not getting better at any kind of acceptable rate.  Exercise helps somewhat in the short term.  I've seen comments indicating 30-90 days is normal for WD cessation, but most of these are from long time subs users.  Has anyone had a situation similar to mine, and if so, would you comment on your experiences?  The thought of another several weeks of these symptoms is almost too difficult of imagine.
I am on my 5th day clean from subs. It's true, there is nothing worse to have to detox from. I thought I was gonna die. I am beginning to see the fog clear. I am on lexapro now for a week so I am hoping that will start to help with anxiety and depression soon. I am also taking valium as needed. I hope to start working out in a few days to help. I am a firm believer in "bring the body, and the mind will follow" I know this is a late post but for anyone new hang in there. Have faith, stay positive.
I am on day 3 luckily had two days off from work but now I go back. I am scared I work in a very fast paced environment and what if I am still feeling tired. I want to get some just to feel normal again but I also don't wanna go through this again! My other half thinks I just dabble here and there but I have been on maybe 1mg for 9 months. Dumb part started doing it just cuz it was cheaper than pills and I liked the high and the energy...dummy. now I don't get high off that amount but I need it to feel normal!! I promised I wouldn't touch it anymore so I wouldn't get hooked...so I pretty much am withdrawing alone and my family thinks I have the flu! I keep telling myself I can do! Gonna try some 5 hour energy drink before work and hope it helps!  
No doubt that suboxone is harder to come off of.  It is wicked in the way that it has effected my digestive system with lots of nausea and diahrea. I have been disappointed. Even though I felt better on subs, if I would have known how long it took to get off of suboxone, I would have preferred detoxing off of opiods and not opted for subs. So if you are considering subs, don't do it.
I am happy I read your post today!  I am 17 days in and Its not getting better!  I feel exactly everything you are feeling, and I too am fighting this demon!  I too know it will get better and I too just want to know when this will go away!!  I have to go to work like this and I have a super stressful job and one that is super active!  It has been very difficult to focus without wanting to go completely out of my mind!  I never got up so early In all my life lol my job doesn't require mornings!  I am up around 5:30 or 6 now.  I wake up so ridden with anxiety and chills and constantly blow on my palms and fan my pits!  Just knowing there are others out there like me eases my pain!  I was so nervous thinking that someone keeps slipping me opioids and causing me to keep withdrawling lol I just didn't want to believe it would take this long!!  Stay Sane!  We Got this!
Oh my gosh. - I'm glad you guys are here but you are bumming me out:( I just started detox and today is only day 2 - I was hoping for just a few days like this.  Looks like this will be worse than the Vicodin. Wish I never went on this stuff.
hi all, 18 days here. still not right, not sleeping more than an hour a night. i took 2 weeks off of work to sweat it out and things have been much better since i went back to work to get my mind off of it. i was really dreading going back to work cause of my low energy level and i work outside and its 11 degrees F where i live so that stinks but regardless, going back to work was the best thing for me. 2 weeks was long enough to sit around and feel sorry for myself and cry and think about why its worth getting clean. good luck. it aint easy, not gonna lie, but it is doable. actually ill be honest the withdrawals aren't bad, but the insomnia, at least for me, is a B with a capital B.
i also wanted to add while my mind is still racing that we really have no idea how bad this stuff takes over the way our brains function and control our bodies until you stop taking it. i, like other people here am still having sneezing fits 18 days later and I'm sure it will continue for months. why? i wasn't snorting and never snorted suboxone so wtf!? i have googled "reasons to stop taking suboxone" and never found any positive reasons aside from the obvious about why you should quit so i just wanted to list some of the positives from my personal experience. i have tasted food better than before, i guess it was messing with my sense of taste and smell. i was on it for 2 years. thats entirely too long. i have laughed a lot more than while taking subs. now I'm still depressed but i think that is because i haven't slept more than an hour each night. I'm hoping that subsides soon because its driving me insane. even though I'm not sleeping, I'm still not wanting to nod off while driving like i did when taking suboxone, so that is a huge plus as i drive for a living. i also feel like i love my dog more, which i didn't think was possible. not my wife, even though she's been supportive as hell, I'm still cranky around her since I'm not sleeping. but anyway you get the idea, I'm rambling. there are many good reasons to quit and stay off for good. i had to drive an hr to the suboxone dr, lots of wasted time and money. so stupid, so stupid. but suboxone did stop me from taking anything else for 2 years so for that it worked. its good to hear from everyone here, both people with more and less time under their belts. its helped a lot. but don't go getting yourself worked up over other people's experiences if you have less time under your belt because as you know everyones body is different. yours may heal twice as fast. i feel like my insomnia is worse than a lot of other stories I've read, unfortunately for me! but I was a hard sleeper to begin with
Take Vitamin B - all forms B12, B6, and eat a high protein diet.  Drink plenty of fluids!  Trust me it helps!!!  Also use Chamomile Tea at night.  It will help you rest.
Hey,
I have been on suboxone for 7 months, two 8 mg strips a day=total of 16 mg. I have been trying to get clean for the last 4 years now. I had 6 months clean after my 4th rehab stint and went all in to a 12 step program, which I know can work for me. However, last september I have no idea why,except the fact i am a heroin addict, I impulsively conatced a guy I used to know through Facebook, which I have now deleted, and I took my last shot of heroin sept. 1st. I was brought back to life by ER nurses and dr.s adminsterting Narcan. Anyways, I was sent to see an addiciton Dr who put me on suboxone which I was against but it made my parents feel better*i am 22* and I cant argue with that with all i have put them through. ANYways- I am on my 4th step with those fimiliar with AA and my sponsor who I respect and has helped me says that he cant do my 5th step with me untill I am of suboxone. I have wanted to be off suboxone as well so plese dont comment on any ant-AA or how he has no right and is not a Dr. he just told me his expereince and I am making the decesion. So, I am sorry about the long background but today is my first day not taking any subs. Obviosuly i expect to start w/drawing tommorow or the next day. How long should I expect this to last and can someone please let me know if they have kicked Suboxone and it has been worth it? I know everyone has an addiction problem on here but I really know this is life or death for me because if I use I am done.
welcome bro nobody her judges or puts down we are all in this together I'm not the best person to comment on subs because I went on the program and the WD from it made me say f it and go back to the dope.....I also spent a year clean and relapsed so I know the struggle we all do....I'm planning on doing a short week to ten day taper just to get thru the worst of it.....if the program is working sticck with it....you know what's best for you

there will be ppl with more experiance with long term detox than me congrats on ur  clean time and welcome this is a great place with great ppl they saved my life once so I knew where to comes this time....like I always say they are all angels in disguises
To answer your questions, for me, the acute withdrawal lasted 2 weeks. Ya know, the usual restless legs, entirely sleepless nights, irritability, unbearable depression with lots of crying like a lil b. the worst part of the acute withdrawal was not sleeping. It wouldnt have been nearly as bad if i couldve slept but im a hard sleeper anyway. Most people dont have the insomnia this long. Now for the paws, the goosebumps and lethargy, they last about 30 days. Definitely more, but the recovery process def sped up after 30 days. Today is day 66 for me, and i feel a s-ton better. I still get the ocassional goosebumps, but thats about it. I was still having a lot of lethargy until recently, so i stopped eating added sugar and other unhealthy stuff and its been a night/day difference. But im rambling, yes, you can do it. Its not as bad as heroin, just lasts a little longer. Been down that road too. You just got to want it bud. But yes, you can do it. You dont need me to tell you how good it feels to finally be drug free again because you been there before. Its good. Its so good.
Evil Medicine prescribed by Evil Doctors in most cases.  Now there are exceptions, and these are related to how long your Doc allows you to be on them.  Problem is...Most doctors today are economical and just want that money especially on the comeback or follow-ups.  Its a full blown crisis in my opinion. I decided enough was enough, when these doctors would kick me out because I missed an appointment, after i had to pay 300 cash up front to start the sub program.  I couldn't help the fact that I am CEO of a multimillion dollar company that restraints my time.  So in this way I was blessed and grateful because I could take the time off from work.....and boy would I NEED it.
I had NO idea what was in store for me.  For a solid 6 days, it was literally Hell on earth.  Everything you get with all opiate withdrawals with one major difference.....Longer Duration!  And Its a killer!!   I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  Im in day 8 now and feeling much better but thats with lots of effort the last two days. In other words, I have had to force myself to get up and get  moving and try to eat many small meals as I can despite not having much of an appetite. This has helped me a little, as our bodies need major fuel to fight this **** off.  But all in all...., Im pissed of at the sub doctors for not trying to taper me off at all, and definitely not informing me what withdrawal/detox would be like. Its Waaay worse than Lortabs or Vicodin in my opinion..And these doctors need to start telling there patients that..
Omg...I so agree.  I am on day 35 off suboxone.  As soon as I wanted off my doctor didn't want to see me, well now I know they can only have 100 patients at once on suboxone, so I wasn't going to be a money maker anymore.  I am sleeping 5-6 hours a night.  My stomach is still a mess.  People compliment me on my appearance, like I have color in my face and affect!  I am tired and depressed a lot.  I have good days and try to do more on those days.  I am looking for a job, but scared how I will show up on bad days.  I will deal with that then.  Sometimes I miss the energy from subs, but that is all.  No regrets.  Still restless legs but not everyday.  It is getting better.  I think this was so much worse than what I was addicted to!  How can "they" not know?
Hi, how are you doing now? I am only 7 days free, but I weaned down to 2mg a day, I could not cut that film any smaller, so I am still feeling the W/D effects, I hope it's not as long as all of you are stating, ewwww....
I know its very hard have your doctor put you on gabapentin it's a great mood stabAlizer it will help you have energy and a appetite you'll be able to go on with life but you will still some symptoms like diarea (diarrhea) but pepto works it took me about a month and a halph and I didn't need anything and I was normal again I will pray for all of you and stay away from the bondage of drug love you guys my brothers and sisters
I was on methadone for 7 years, 70mg's a day, and without a doubt, methadone and subs and xanax are the toughest things in the world to kick. I attempted suicide when I lost my mind coming off of methadone. It's been exactly a year ago today that I took my last dose of methadone, but I still think about it all day long wishing i had it back. i have been taking subs lately so im ****e.
hey guys was on oxy for 2-3 years got in subs for three weeks enough was enough i tapered all the way down to practically a chip. im day 4 no subs no oxy taking b6 and ginseng to help with energy and withdrawls. Anyone give me an idea of when my body will go back to normal? thank you for any responses
Youll "start" feeling normal between 2 weeks and 30 days. Youll "stop" thinking about sub and counting days around 2 months. Actually i shouldnt say "you will" cause everyones different but this was my experience. I was on it for 2 years and jumped off at 6mg. Its been over 90 days, ive lost count, and life is better again.
Just want to say Suboxone is the worst thing to ever happen to me.Do not get on it!You will be extremely sorry.
Just taper off the opiate you are on,or just deal with the 7 days withdrawel from it.That's a lot easier than the at least 3 months it will take you to start feeling decent.Plus there are things about Suboxone we don't even know,but they are bad.Don't do it.Trust me.Call me if you want.I'll explain.
Okay,I will say if you are heavily addicted to a strong opiate,a taper with Suboxone of no more than 10 day's could beneficial,but no longer than that.
I agree with your post 100%....was on the subs for 7 years starting at 24mg per day.  I think there horrible and I wish I'd have never found them!  Am now 117 days clean...that was the hardest detox I've ever done In my life. Took me over 30 days to be able to leave my house, still wasn't right, but had to get the hell out of my house!  I lost 10lbs in 30 days and thought I was dancing with satan himself!  
Your WD.will start 4 days after you stop
Michelle, I have to say, I feel extremely similar.  I was on suboxone for 1.25 years.  Over the past 3-4 months, I began sleeping poorly, having vivid nightmares almost nightly, waking up with pain in my arms and legs that would last most of the day.  The transition from sleep to awake seemed like a 2 or MORE hour process of bed to couch, in and out of sleep, finally some coffee, then maybe a shower.  I was beginning to be exhausted all of the time. I own a painting business, and I couldn't seem to put in more than 4 hours a day the past couple months.  I stopped taking suboxone 7 days ago this morning (tapered down to 1.333 mg once daily over the past month to get ready to quit)  For the first 5 days i didn't have any medicine of any kind other than tylenol and ibuprofen.  I must say that it was a hell of a time.  Not all of my symptoms were severe, but enough of them were that i spent days 3-5 crying, taking baths, wanting to just give up.... man... well, on day 5 I forced myself to go for a run after crying on the couch and finally breaking to the point of trying anything to feel better.   I felt better for about an hour, then it was back to the bad.  The doctor gave me clonidine, trazodone, zolfran, and dicyclomine near the end of day 5.  They help.  The only thing, the clonidine just zaps all of my energy... so i cut my dose in half after 2 days... that helped some more. Then I added in 200mg of B6 and 1g of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine for energy and nervous system stabilization.  That helped some more.   I still am feeling very low energy, very tired, still pain in my lower legs... BUT,  I feel like there is hope.  I got out for a bike ride this morning, went disc golfing yesterday, just trying to do active things that i enjoy.  The short of all this is; the doctors NEVER go over how bad going off of suboxone is (due to a hell of a long 37 hour half life!!!!!!) and they never tell you about some of the bad reactions that some patients (like you michelle and myself) have... If you use suboxone, buprenorphine, subutex, etc. use it for a short time then get off.... don't get dependent and have it ruin your body...
I'm on day 26 off suboxone.  I have absolutely no energy.  When can I hope to see some light at the end of the tunnel?
Hey Sue!  Welcome to the forum~  You probably found this forum thru an internet search and the particular thread you posted on is really old.  It would be great if you started your own, new, and current thread by going to the orange post a question tab at the top of this page and post your question.

You'll get A LOT more feedback that way...and can continue to post your questions on your own thread.  Hope that helps...and welcome again~