Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How long does it take for Requip to work?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hi Everyone,
Do any of you know how long it takes for requip to work? It it the kind of thing that works a half hour later, or does it take days or weeks to work? Been off painkillers since December, but still having major rls problems at night...doc just prescribed Requip, but I forgot to ask him how long till it works!
Avatar n tn
How many mg's?

Typically 2-3 nights. I take 1 mg and it works
good luck
I started out with .25 mg. now I'm up to or btw 4 and 5 mg. my RLS is really
bad. I sometimes have even kicked my wife while in bed.both legs jerk
And kick so bad ,that sometimes I'm up to 2:00 or 3:00.my Dr. Said she can't or shouldn't go higher then 5 mg.. Anybody out there got any ideas, other
then shooting myself!
The drug I'm using is Arequipa.
I've been taking them for years for very mild Parkinson and they work great for me. I take 5mg. They should kick in about a night or two