How long does it take for Requip to work?
Hi Everyone,
Do any of you know how long it takes for requip to work? It it the kind of thing that works a half hour later, or does it take days or weeks to work? Been off painkillers since December, but still having major rls problems at night...doc just prescribed Requip, but I forgot to ask him how long till it works!
How many mg's?

Typically 2-3 nights. I take 1 mg and it works
good luck
I started out with .25 mg. now I'm up to or btw 4 and 5 mg. my RLS is really
bad. I sometimes have even kicked my wife while in bed.both legs jerk
And kick so bad ,that sometimes I'm up to 2:00 or 3:00.my Dr. Said she can't or shouldn't go higher then 5 mg.. Anybody out there got any ideas, other
then shooting myself!
The drug I'm using is Arequipa.
Ask your doctor about taking a low dose of xanax.  That's what I took before there was a med for RLS and it works every time!  It's better to take it before you get into a full blown restless leg attack though.  If I start feeling it coming on, I put a 1/2 pill under my tongue (faster absorption).. yeah, it tastes like S**T, but RLS is worse than the taste of xanax and it's only for a few minutes... then just swallow the rest with water to clear the taste out!  Good luck!!!
I've been taking them for years for very mild Parkinson and they work great for me. I take 5mg. They should kick in about a night or two