How long does it take to detox of Vicodin?
After knee surgery 31/2 years ago I was put on Vicodin. Little did I know I would get hooked. I never really thought about it, since my doctor was giving it to me and I took it how he told me to. Well today is day 2 and night 3 of not having any vicodin. I have terriable legg cramps, sweets and I can not sleep. How long does this last? It is driving me crazy. I do not have any cravings for the vicodin. Just the withdraws are killing me. I have been drinking water and taking baths. But it doesn't help any.
I'm thinking about going to the emergency room and see if they can help me with my withdraws. I have heard about a pill that helps, but then I'm scared of taking another pill as well.
Please let me know how long this is going to last..........
The worst is almost over.  The psychically bad part last for 3-4 days so you will start feeling better real soon.  Then the hard part comes staying clean. Take more hot baths and take supplements and plenty of fluids.  Keep fight the fight you will make it.
Thank you. God this just kills me. I"m very confused right now.
yes..the worst is almost over..hang in there..you may be able to ask your dr. for a short rx of valium..that might help..try melatonin for sleep..unfortunately..sleep is one of the last things to seem to come back...try wrapping your legs with some ace bandages and use heating pads..I know you don't feel like it but walking a little bit will help..it helps get things going in your body..try not to go to the er..your better off talking to your dr..keep posting..
This is my third day off years and years of Norco. Last night I was in the hospital getting some help. My question is if you have been through rehab did you go in house our out patient?
Hey!! This is day 3 and a half that I have not taken vicodin! I have been using it everyday for about a year and a half. I just want you to know those first couple of days were really harsh, but I started fast walking, drinking alot of cranberry juice to help flush my system, taking daily vitamins (as well as a seven day detox kit that is suppose to help cleanse the body) you can buy it over the counter, and last but not least I just went into my doc and told him i had trouble sleeping and he gave me a script for ativan ( like xanax but much cleaner pill, doesnt mak u groggy). Like I said this is day 3 and a half and I still feel a lil tired and week, but doing this really helped me....I wouldn't at all say in in pain anymore! I was scared because all I kept reading was this could last up to 10 days...but so far so good!!
HI, I too have been taking vicodin for over a year solid.  Today is day 5 of not having any.  The first 2 days were the worst, then all of a sudden like a flick of a switch, the tightness in my chest went away along with the jitters, sweats, and nausea.  I have had 2 back surgeries and will need a fusion.  I'm not doing the operation but i have to do something for the pain..not sure what to do here..nothing else works. I just decided to stop taking the pills.
This is my fourth day and I feel great. Go to CVS and get some meletonin. It is all natural and really does help with sleep.I have been drinking protein shakes and eating vitamins, it is working! You will get past this. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself to man up!! You can do it. Hang in there and keep posting.
i admire all of you for your courage.  i have 2 norco left and to start my detox tommorrow.  i am so afraid.  i will keep in contact with this forum.  after today, i surrender!!!!!
i want to quit vicodin realy bad,i am so scared.how long will the withdralls last?
I HAVE BEEN ON VICODIN FOR OVER A YEAR DUE TO A BROKEN NECK I STILL HAVE PAIN AND MY ORDEAL IS NOT OVER BUT I'M TIRED OF TAKING PILLS ALL THE TIME AND WANT TO STOP BUT THE WITHDRAWS STOP ME FROM DOING IT, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM. I DON'T THINK I CAN TAKE THE WITHDRAWS NOT TO MENTION THEY SAY ITS DANGEROUS TO GO COLD TURKEY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I'M NOT SURE IF I CAN TAKE THE PAIN EITHER WHAT DO I DO? I NEED HELP TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.
WHERE DI I FIND THE ANSWERS, AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR THE WITHDRAWS TO END? AND HOW DO I FIND OUT
Please know you are not alone. This Forum has really helped me!
I''m on day 9 off FENTANYL & day 3 off Darvocet. I used the Darvocet to help with the Fentanyl WD's. Fentanyl is waaaay stronger than Morphine!
Anyway, I'm feeling better today. I woke up with a little bit of a craving for the Darvocet, but what I did was EAT! I lost 19 pounds in 2 months on the Fentanyl. I look bad!
But, i don't care. Just make the leap & get started!
any thing else to help with vicodine withdrals
I understand...I have had 2 knee surgeries in 5 years (along with some other issues) too and I am addicted to oxycodone bc of it.  I've kicked it cold turkey in the past and it took 3-5 days to go back to being able to function.  I'm about to do it again...i've been tapering for 5 days and just ran out (so i have to go cold turkey).  I'm scared to go through the w/d but it is possible!  There is light at the end of the tunnel.
all most people on here will just say non narcotic anti inflammitories (ibuprofen etc), vitamins, hot baths, and something to sleep at night (melatonin, ambien etc).  Good luck!  
thank you all, i been looking online to get off vicodine an every time i do my back hurts an my feet are hot an they hurt to , i get cold chills an hot flashes, but if it olny last 3 to 4 days i can do that, but it seems like its never going to go away, anyway thanks im going for it. rob
Thank you for this forum. I am on day 2 of Percocet WD. Today is much better than yesterday. I am going cold turkey, and I tried to ween down till I ran out. I feel terrible. hot then cold, really sweaty, my back aches, my ankles tingle. But I know this torture is worth the reward!
I have been trying to drink water, and take vitamins, but I keep forgetting to eat. Xanax helps me sleep. I hope it ends soon, I never want to take another pain pill again.
Day 3 and geez... the light at the end of the tunnel is close! I would kill for an Oxy or Percocet...even a vicodin.  I would hope my will power is strong enough that I could resist it. My back is killing me!! No energy, and I did not sleep a wink last night, even though I took a clonidine.  I tried a hot bath today and I have been taking a vitamin every day. I am not sure I am ready to go out of the house yet. I usually have so much ambition. I really hope that comes back soon. I feel like such a slug. I can barely move. Ibuprofin does not seem to help much, but I keep trying it. The feeling is slowly coming back to my body. Nice feeling after 4 years of numbness.
I would love to hear from anyone that has finished the journey.  I will be done soon!! YAY
the comment u made about people that have already finished the journey is a good one. I think people who have quit for a longer period of time would be a tremendous help to others that are just starting!!! They would be proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
i have been taking bout 20mg of perks a day for 2 years, and tried cutting down last few days but have 2 perks left and planning on going cold turkey tomorrow...is it ok to take xanex while goin thru w/d????  i run a small business, u guys think ill get myself to be able to get to the office for a bit or shud i prepare to be bed ridden? All of these postings are helping me build my confidence and push me to end the "numbness" and feel alive again.
I am a single mother of 3 children one of whom is disabled.  I have had 2 back surgeries and was on Fentanyl 100 patches for 2 years.  I slowly weened my self off the patches and am only taking perc 15 for the pain in my back.  I want to start weening off these meds as well but am scared to death.  I don't have the support that some have, both of my parents have past away.  I feel like I don't have time to take care of myself without my children suffering, so I keep taking them every day just to stay normal. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
well i am here to tell all who do not posses the power of struggle, i have been taking hard narcotics for 6 1/2 years those drugs made me do horrible things and things i am not proud of but i stand here today sober and clean and no more withdrawl feelings. i started out playing semi pro football and got injured with a spinal cord concussion and 2 lower herniated discs so that means yes i got prescribed oxycontin,vicodin,percocet,darvocet,roxycet,loritab,and methadone. and please anyone who is thinking about going to a detox place, please think twice about it. if you want them to fill your body with horrible drugs just to get you hooked on something else, its not worth it. there is no hope in clinics. i see doctors as drug dealers the more you come in the more they get payed especially right now in this economy. people i have taken oxycontin 80 mg 9 times a day, and 10 mg of percocet and vicodin 15 times a day, i was almost a freakin vegitable.
look plain and simple you are the one in control of your life narcotics are the devils drug, my withdrawls lasted almost a full year till my body got back to normal, the hard withdrawls where the famous feeling like a dead fish flopping outside of the water, cold chills, shaking badly after i woke up, couldent or dident want to move at all, throwing up for no reason, peeeing out of my rear end, pure hell..and like i said take control of your life and just stop, the reason your body is doing the withdrawls is because its doing its best to get back to its "a" game. what helped me was my strong will to survive i did this to myself and now i had to clean myself....there is hope pray to god or whatever you believe in. you do not need depression meds you do not need more drugs, shut up sit down and survive. i am clean now for almost 2 years now i have no cravings i do not want that again....point blank if my arm gets shot off, just pass me the tequila and a couple of advil
Now that your clean and sober, what have you done with the pain from your injury?  My brother is going on day 4 of at home detoxing from Norco's.  It's pretty severe withdrawls, he's been taking them and a few other narcotics for the past 5 years due to 3 herniated disks.  My brother declined operation, so they medicated him and he's over feeling the way he does on these drugs.  How will he be able to manage the pain, once he's completely himself again?  
Today is day 11 off of vicodin :-) and yes I am actually smiling. For 2 years I took 20+/- 10/500 vicodins each day, and as everyone on here knows... it was literally a living hell. I did not take the pills for pain, I took them only for the effect.
The first 4 days were the worst, then after that each day got better. Suicidal thoughts, depression, loneliness, fear, anxiety, worry... These feelings have consumed me for the past year+. But I can truely say that today I feel more alive and well than I have in a long time.
I am proof, like everyone else on this forum that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your head up, don't eat the pills, and something amazing happens. Thank you all for this forum, it has helped me tremendously the past week and a half.

today is my fourth day off vicodin i took them for 3 years and i was up to 15-20 pills a day!! I stopped feeling high towards the end and would take them to feel normal..dont get me wrong the first few days were hell but today im feeling ok i did some work done and this is the closes to normal ive felt in a long time, for the joint and muscle pain ive been taking Motrin 800 and a xanax before bed...if i can do it anyone can!! What made me open my eyes and wanna quite not only the fact that my dads on addict and the way he looks is scary i always worry if hes gonna wake up the next morning, they have him on methadone which i dont reccomend to anyone!!! its just as bad as vics, but i also did it because i felt like i was loosing my mind i thought about suicicd a lot cuz i didnt wanna live that way, i was jelous of people that lived there lives without pills, i couldnt understand how they did it, and i was having a lot of memory loss and doing things i wouldnt have done if i wasnt high!! Goodluck to everyone and you can do it!! <3
One more thing i started vics just taking them here and there for a quick high thinking i could never get addicited i never had any health problems...so dont think that it cant happen to you if there is someone reading this who takes them socially for a quick high!!
I am on day 2 of Lortab detox. I guess I never used them as much as some of you that posted before. I was on them for a year and only took about 4 a day. It still hurts a lot but I have suffered through it because I still need to work whether or not I am on the drugs. I took them to escape, but it just made me a dull person. I am tired of that life now, and its onward and upward. Oh, yeah day 2, leg cramps and headache. Sleep is ok, but mornings suck. That used to be my habit. first thing in the morning. Day 3 is 24 hours away. :)
I am on day 3... I only did one day cold turkey, which was utter hell!! I normally took from 30-15 pills a day of norco 10/325. I sometimes would take as much as 50 in one day. I just want to say that if you really want to get sober you will. If it's something that you kinda want then it won't happen. Find out what works for you. As for me weening myself off is the only way I can do it and still be able to function. I don't want to put something else in my body like suboxone or methadone. Cause that is just another drug. I want to thank everyone for their posts cause it always helps to hear people in the same situation.
I'm 23 been taking vics and norcos for 3 years and I was taking up to 30 pills a day and sadly just for the high but I just couldn't do it any more I felt like BeBe84 .so I went to a methadone clinic I did a 21day program and compleated it this past Tuesday we'll I really thought wow I did it well......that night I started geting the chills goosebumps tingle in my hands and feet can't sleep or eat I'm on day 24 of not taking a vic or a norco but day 3 without the methadone I almost feel like I never even went to tha methadone clinic I feel like I'm going to die iv tryed hot baths tylenol tea everything but a single pill I'm so sick I don't know what to do tha methadone clinic said to come back and do a longer treatment I don't c the point to get hooked on another drug tho I didn't even want to do tha program but I was willing to try anything to stop iam proud of myself that I haven't took any vics or norco in 24 days but don't know how much more I can take I can hardly write this but iv been reading everyones questions and answers and it helps to know other pepole feel like I do but I'm trying to stay strong does anyone have any advise? Please help me I just want to b me again  
hang in there, I have never been to a meth clinic, but had found access to it several times in the past. have several friends that are docs too. neither were involved with my personal addictions,on a side note. but I went through the same thing you are, a few times and have gone through vike wds, many a time.

hopefully at these clinics they tell people that........ITS A REPLACEMENT DRUG !!  and you will have wds from it just like vikes. atleast thats what has happened to me. best to wean off any drug addiction.

then read here,over and over !!!

what has worked for me?

cold pills, sinus sprays,rhodolia herb(for daytime energy) protein power mixes,power drinks,activity of some kind !!! imonium ad some say,for teh diareaha.

at night, try cough syrups,bananas  and valerian root, perhaps some sleep aids. I ve seen melatonin suggested. thomas's recipe many have claimed works. your going to have a tough time sleeping with restless leg syndrome.  but you can do it! your going to have to man up or get help, thats all there is too it.

like you will see..... the first 2-3 days, your going to be fighting a battle in your body. I have done it many a times, even having to work all while going through major WDS !!!!!

Well I proud to say. Iam over tha painfull part love my life and -I'M SOBER those we're words iv been dyin to say for so long god bless you xoxo liz
I have been taking vikes and perks for a while, and i only take them to get high.. I loved the feeling. But, today was the day i decided that enough was enough. Well last night was, so today i did not take any or buy anymore to take. I have gone days with out having them. maybe one or two, but always bought more.  I disconnected with any supply i was able to get.

The #1 reason i NEED to stop is my health. Second, the money... I have never been stupid enough to speed more then i was able to but still if you only knew the $$ i spent on them.

So this is day one going i day two. I will not fall into temptations. I have stopped before in the past and when i was not taking them i felt great, it lasted mostly 1-2 weeks, but i have always went back to them.

I graduated college a few weeks ago i need to get my mind cleared and focused on the future. I am just happy to get this off my chest, I past few days i finally realized that i had a problem, a real problem.

I had thought that I was the only one who had this problem.  I have taken Vicodin for the last 10 years and am for the first time, making it a mission to get off.  I have been off for 3 days now and for the first time doing reasonably well.  The leg aches and sweats seem to be the worst part, not to mention the diarrhea.  I see other people out enjoying their lives and I envy them.  I desperately want my life back. Thanks to all of you.  MM
New here, & happy to have found this board.

After 3 years, every day of taking either Vicodin (mainly) or Tylenol 4, depending on what I had, I'm attempting quitting.

Only once have I done this seriously, but after 8 days of constant diarrhea I gave in.  This time I have tapered down to 50mg of hydrocodone/day, which is a lot...had about 5 days where I went absolutely nuts, & that was when I turned the corner, at least on the decision to taper down.  So here I am...

I get the fever/chills, as well as the extreme depression, but I would take a month of that if the damn diarrhea would go away, or not happen @ all.  Unfortunately, it's already starting.  Thank God I work @ home, but anyway...

If I could get some advice please - I don't necessarily want horror stories, but someone that has had the bad stomach issues, & knowing it goes away?  I did go to my Dr. on that 8th day several months ago - asked him 'How Long?', & he said 'It depends.'  That was it.  Told me to buy some Imodium.

At the moment, my husband is out buying my withdrawal foods, the vitamins, soup, fruit juice, Pedialyte (I prefer over Gatorade).  I've got my DVD queue thing stocked up to deliver movies when I'm not in the bathroom :P

Addiction is not new to me - @ 30 yrs, I've gone through cigarettes, alcohol, hard drugs, & now it's time to boot these...but for me, it's been the most difficult.

Thanks gang...I'll keep you in my thoughts & check back soon.

~Jay
Hi you guys!  I found this forum in trying to deal with my 3 year dependence on Norco for s/p 2 lumbar laminectomies....  Oh my GOSH!  who would have thought that I would become chemically dependent on a perscribed Pain Med???   Not ME! Heck, I have an 'ENDLESS RX" @ only $5.00 FOR 70 10/325 Norco EVERY 10 DAYS.

Anyhoos....heres my story (if ya wanna read it)..

Lami in 1983 from being a compulsive runner/exerciser;  oK, THEN... 2006 ANOTHER Lami L5 from just LOVIN & owning a horse....(He's a GOOD BOY & I really do love my horse.... he's a REALLY GOOD "antidepressant").  So, long story short, I was up to anywhere from 8 to 10 Norco a day!  Yuck.  Now at first, I was able to ride, clean house, be a good wife and a good mother but it REALLY CATCHES up with you FAST in that, after a while I WASN'T riding as much, wasn't a good wife &/or mother... (you should see my messy house)  So, I decided that it just HAD TO BE BECAUSE of my Norco use/abuse...... I had to take MORE to "FEEL" NORMAL (whatever the hell THAT IS!) so I decided "that's IT!  I'm DONE feeling like this... gotta get OFF this ****... so I did... COLD TURKEY... AND I'm on DAY 13 and I hafta say that I STILL FEEL kinda yucky...Whats up with THAT?!?!  I'm just WAITING for the day that I wake up (NOT SLEEPING STILL) and say... "HAY (is for horses).... I FEEL GREAT!"  (When does that happen... DOES ANYBODY KNOW OUT THERE IN NORCO LAND?

I DID do a "modified version" of the Thomas Receipe... W/OUT the Valium &/or Immodium..... I have taken the L-Tyrosine, Super Vitamin B Complex & the Vitamin C and have been drinking a TON OF WATER.. (help me.... I tink I d-wand-ing).  Also, TRYING to get a little bit of exercise in there everyday although it's NOT always easy!  Walking,,,,,Walking....Walking....Hafta say that I THINK that the L-tyrosine DOES HELP (along with the Vitamins).. because God only knows (*and HE DOES..... trust me.... praying ON MY KNEES has given me strenght!) I don't think I would have made it this far WITHOUT GOD and the L-tyrosine and vitamins!  So all of you guys and gals out there TRYING to GET OFF THIS ****..... there IS A LIGHT at the end of the tunnel..... GET WITH GOD... GET SOME VITAMINS... AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.... I KNOW!!  cus I'm there right now... Day 13 AND HOLDING ON... COLD TURKEY.

My BIG QUESTION IS>>>>>>> WHEN DO YOU START TO FEEL NORMAL AGAIN.????.. i.e. Energy, Motivation, ZEST for LIFE, libido, clean house, ride your horse, BE NORMAL with NORMAL THOUGHTS!
Any responses is REALLY APPRECIATED...  
Hey,,, just me again... the NORCO QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE.....(I DECIDED that IT HELPS ME thru this crappy feeling if I "pound the keyboard" ).  forgot to mention that ever since I went Cold Turkey from Norco 13 days ago, I have been SMOKIN like a fiend/chimmey!  WHATS UP WITH THAT???   Just ONE MORE addiction I NEED to deal with..  but, a dear friend of mine "suggested" that I "deal with  one demon at a time"? and recommended that I give myself one year "clean and Norco free" before I tackle my smoking addiction

Any ideas on this?  
yesterday morning i took my last four 4mg vic's, so this is day one with nothing at all.  it is horrible, any advice would be apprecieated.
yeah the smoking thing is strange to me. since i quit takin bout 22 days ago i have not wanted to smoke at all. I only smoke about 3 or 4 cigs a day now and they taste terrible!!!
I'm new and need help I have had an addiction
To vics/norcs for over a year. Where a habit
Of two pills a day ended up being 15 a day.
About two and a half weeks ago my husband could only
Get me percoset. (I'm not taking them cause I have a script)
So I have been off vics/norsc for two weeks. I'm now cold turkey 3 days off percs
Will this be easier for me since everything is out of me and my addiction to percs was not
that long. By the way my w/ds are horrible I'm starting to feel a little better
But I don't know if I'm just being that positive. Thanks for listening
Hi , I also am a mother of 3 , and I am taking meds just to feel normal . I have a husband to help me ween off but I have been like you , as far as not knowing when the time will come that I can find time to take care of myself by quiting because of taking care of my 3 kids with no help. Today I have decided to figure out a way because I am so tired of feeling like I have to constantly worry where I am going to get my next fix! Will I be in a bad mood if I don't have any , etc. I noticed your post was back in April , I hope you are doing ok .
Everyone please read this!

I have been on a vike binge for two solid years, lost job, boyfriend and nearly my house.  But as you all know the pills actually made me think they were helping me keep it together, it affected me like speed and I cleaned the whole house and then painted it, lol.  I have run out a few times and the withdrawl was from hell, the cramping, insomnia etc and I have two kids to care for!  All I could do was sit on my bed and shake my legs for 2 days straight I thought I was losing my mind.  Sure I dug into old script bottle and looked up how much I would need to get high etc.  Oh my God, I expect my kids to stay drug free, LOOK at me!  I had to quit, but the original problem was chronic pain from a broken neck 20 yrs ago, so I was afraid of that plus terrified of going through the withdrawl again.

Heres what everyone should know...I called my doctor and explained that I get "jittery" when I don't take the vicodan and "I saw on the internet that clonidine might help" (acting innocent to avoid sounding like a junkie) He agreed to give me a script for it, the script said to take one .01 mg, yeah right, I took two...

I'm on day two of no vicodin and I slept (a little rough, but I did) no muscle cramps, a little muscle weakness, not much anxiety, no other ill affects, mood is ok just a little worn down feeling.

Oh and I was taking 6 500's each day sometimes nine.

So please, I know what you are going through, I HAD to tell you, its like a miracle.
I have been addicted to opiates for over 10 yrs... I have recently went off cold turkey... I started with a single 10mg a day to 150mg a day addiction.
Im very lucky to be alive too.  I think back to why or how come I never OD???
Im on day 4 and feel great believe it or not...Im having issues with sleeping, but the worst pain is over.
Just remember this...the pain is worth all the precious things in your life.
So when the pain kicks in look around...its worth it in the end....
Hang in there it will and does get better.
I am 34 years old. I have been taking Norco for a little over a year now.I started taking only 3 a day and  and the past 8 months or so have been taking 2 1/2 pills at a time 4 times a day. I never thought I was addected because I tought I was taking them to prevent the pain but never realy knowing if I was even still in pain.I know now I am addicted. I have taken my last 2 about an hour ago but didnt take any yesterday and I could not sleep.It felt like I was being tickeled from the inside if my chest.Very uncomprrtable.I woke up after sleeping a little at a time to having body aches and I just dont want to move at all. I am scared of what I am going to go through.I had a cocain problem when I was a teenager and this is a worse feeling than it was getting of of that.What are some steps I can take to making this a little more easy? The thing I am just noe noticing looking back over the past year is that I would have very bad mood swings.When I would take them I was so very happy and all was good,any probles or stress I had was like no big deal.When I was comming off of them I would be very short fused and very irritable.I am glad That I have realized that I have a problem and am looking forward to getting off of these things but anyone who can give me some advise would be great,
Thank you very much,
      Jason P.
I have been off of pain killers from vicodin to methadone and it was really hard i tried stopping several times and finally i got help i went to a detox clinic my doc gave me some detox pills called suboxon people in need of help should look in to it
mike i am on day 5 of no beans(norcos 10/325) and today i feel better..I had some subs and the first day i ate 1/2 sub and was fine...The next day i had a 1/4 sub and was fine...The third day i said fug this i dont need any subs either im just going to put my purse down and do it..Last night sleeping was hell..I have not had the runs,no chills,no sickness except im finally sneezing again..It actually feels great to sneeze..So my point is brother you dont need the subs,,put them down and just do it..most of this stuff is fear and is in your head. Dont be fooled by listening to the sub treatmant..You are only delaying the inebitable my friend..One day you wont want subs anymore either..I am just fed up and disgusted with beans and thats why im done..Im done cuz i want to be done, cuz im better then this..So are you mike and everyone else in here..I had tears in my eyes over a few post in here and im damn proud of myself and all of you guys..I love all of you..Be strong,be fed up,,be disgusted,,then be free!!

day 5 and im leaving the house today and not taking any beans with me for the first time in 6 years...That pill can kiss my azz!!
Good for you no morebeans...I am proud of you and agree..those pills can kiss a.. because they have no part in your life now.Sheer determination and really wanting to stay clean will get you thru this.The health pages have the Thomas recipe and amino acid and vitamin supplements that will also help.You have nowhere to look but up and hold your head high for you should be proud of yourself.You can post anytime you need support and someone will be here for you.You are waaayy better than those stupid pills
wow thanks for the fast reply..I have been here for 5 days not really moving just fighting this odd feeling in my stomach..I had trouble sleeping last night,lots of trouble..Its almost to the point where its ammusing,,Like why am i eating this to feel like this person who goes through everyday and dont need it..Why am killing my insides..But hopefully all thats gone..I have a 4 year old boy hes a doll and i just cant be the best dad while abusing this stupid pill...I am not good with vitamins and health stuff i could be using..I am eating a oneaday vitaman from gnc i had..I am yawning alot but notthing like i thought from hearing people talk about it..people just scare other people who havent given in a shot..Its really not as hard as people make it out to be..Maybe im getting lucky? and not hurting has bad,,maybe im jumping the gun and it hasnt hit yet?I will know i think cuz this feeling in my stomach will be gone..when that happens then i will finally be free..Why do we do this to ourselfs and our family..Reading all these posts gives me hope..everyone here says the same things,,I want out!! everybody sees how dumb it is,,everybody is positive..Things are about to get better for all of us..enjoy it..My next 30 years is a good song to listen to for that..Take care and god bless all of you..keep it up!!!
Probably the worst problems you will have are restless legs or body and sleeplessness for a few nights.You can use epsom salt baths and take melatonin for sleep.Some people take valerian.If you can get through the first week or so you are well on your way.The hard part is after the withdrawals to stay away from these drugs altogether.If you want the clean life for yourself and your family more than you want the drug,you will win the battle and stay a winner.Just decide that this stuff has no place in your new life and keep posting for we will help you along.
You will be hearing from me alot..You are helping me.all of you..

Merry christmas!!

im already feling better after 5 days and im pumped to play sports again..Thanks alot!!
Dont it feel good?
TO EVERYBODY :
All you need to stay strong and stay away from the pills or your connections where you get them,
This is my 2 week and i had tried many times to quit but i coudnt,cuz my best freind was selling those pills.
Finally i decided to leave the city and state and i have moved to another state that i do not know anybody and i do not have any chance to find any pill.
Now i feel great ! I m going back to normal !
Still have some pains but i can mange that.
Believe or not you guys will feel better and normal again.Just stay strong at least couple weeks .That is it ! You will be normal again.
And the most important part ,stay away from the people who do drugs and sell drugs !!!!!

Good Luck PPL.
Today is day 7..This was tuff no doubt..but i feel alot better today..I am really starting to feel normal and today im going to shoot some hoops..Sleeping isnt the easiest thing right now but im getting by with a shot of nyquil one night,2 tyl pms one night and i can not lie i ate a blue football last night..But not trying to get in that habbit either..I feel alot better about who i am,,The money im saving is great.5 bucks a bean at 20 a day is 2800 a month...Thats a sweet house friends!!!Day 3 i came here for support and you guys helped me that day alot...Thanks to everyone and i hope your all doing ok..This is something hard..You really have to want it for yourself and your kids and family.I was  scared  myself but man i feel better..Eat vitamin a day,Eat food,,smoke erb if you have to for that week,,do what you have to do..It is easier to just make no plans for 8 days if thats possible and do it with a friend.I did it with my girlfriend and im proud of her too..sick of being that person..I will update my progress for anyone looking for a lil timeline..take care friends..Juts friggen do it!!
Mona Via is doing the trick,,wow!! all natural its amazing!!
I'm very scared to start quitting because I've gone through the pain in the past and gave in to going back because it was easier. I have a friend that is getting me 30 suboxone to help me, does anyone know if that will be enough to get through the w/d period. BTW I'm married and have had the addiction talks with the wife in the past telling her that I'm not addicted so I've had to hide my scripts/pills in my car for over a year. I currently take about 15 to 20 norco a day. My wife made it clear that if she found out I was addicted she would leave me and we have 4 kids that are the world to me. I'm hoping the suboxone will help me get off and through the w/d's I picked up some sleeping pills to help with the sleeping. Please give me any info you think might help me.
Just be careful with the subox buddy cuz you will be dependent on them also..Might not be a bad idea to just tell the wife you want to change for her and the kids..Good people fall into this stupid addiction on an accident,,its everywhere.Be strong,,you wont need any sleeping pills the subs will help you sleep..Dont get crazy with the subs.You can do it man trust me we all did..I am going on 2 weeks and i have a bottle of 90 norcs on my dresser that i walk past everyday but have zero erge to eat..trust me bro after a few days you will realize you can do it..Whats more important?Pills or your family?  Thats what it comes down to..Good luck bro you can do it!
I made the mistake of going on Suboxone, "DONT" Do it! They make it out to be this wonderful drug that will help you get "OFF" your drug. Trust me its not! Im now on day 7 with out any. OMG.....I wish  I would have never started the suboxone. They make you believe that  when your ready to come off them its so much easier the when you where on before. ( I used Vicodine for 2 1/2 yrs) Its not any easier TRUST ME!
Your withdraws are a lot longer, Im on day 7 and I have heard that some people are still having withdraws 3-6 months later!
I can't sleep, legg pains like nobodies buisness all day and all night, sweats, chills, OMG.....

Suboxone is no joke sweetie! Educate yourself first.... I was lied too by  the rehab Dr...... You will start to see that almost ever Rehab center is now using Suboxone. Why you ask????
Becuase they then can say that they have this HIGH percentage of clean clients.  But they forget to say, they just switched the persons addiction to suboxne. You will become addicted to it, trust me and in a very short time, some people have gotten addicted to it within a matter of weeks.
  Im mad as hell about being lied too, but now Im fighting back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been taking vicodin / Norco's for the last 4 years. I started out with 5mgs 3xday. Then 7.5 3x day for 2 years. The last year and a half I have been taking 7.5 Norco's 4 times a day, some days I took 5 or even 6 per day. My 120 pill perscription would last about 3 - 3.5 weeks. In the last 2.5 weeks I have tapered down to 1/5 of a 7.5 mgs pill once per day. Actually the first time I took 1/2 pill a day was on Monday and the next half I took on Weds morning. Even though I took the 1/2 pill on Weds I have had terrible diarrhea. I still get a bit nausaus, mild night sweats, and trouble sleeping.  My sleep is usually broken. Even though the lack of sleep and diarrhea are uncomfortable  I feel better than ever. I hate going through this but I want to get off the drug. I am really set on quitting and usually can stick to my plan. I just quite smoking last month and have not craved one since. I am doing this for my health so I can be here for my son. Physically and mentally there for him - the last few years I have been like my head has been in the clouds I am also concerned about taking the Norco's. I wish all of you hope and stregnth, Don't give up. I promise I'll do my best! Does anyone here who has quite using ever tried my method of tapering? If so, did it work? Were the withdrawl symptoms bad or mild? Any help as to what I can expect would be appreciated. The diarrhea is so bad I don't want to eat - even when I'm hungry.
hi, i have ulcerative coliltis and got perscribed vics for the stomach pain. now im buying 80mg oc and taking half a day. this is my first day without taking anything in a few months. i didnt sleep at all last night. how long does no sleep last?
My boyfriend has been taking any pain killers he could get his hands on for the past 3 years and has just admitted to me that he has a problem. I knew he did but he would not admit it and would get mad at me when it was brought up. I feel terrible because I just left it alone and figured that one day he would confess and we would go from there....well he finally admitted to having a problem. He has been sober now for 5 days. He just started vomitting a couple days ago, he gets the hot then cold type of flashes, he tosses and turns all night not really getting any sleep, his body aches and I don't know what to do for him. He takes the hot baths and uses the heating pads. I know that it is hard when you are the one who goes threw it, I have been there. But I have never had to help someone else go threw it. He is the type that just wants to be left alone, but it is hard to watch. He does not want to take anything to help because he is scared that he will then get addicted to that. I have been trying to keep him hydrated the best that I can and he has been doing pretty good about at least trying to drink some water and gatorade...PLEASE HELP ME...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR HIM AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER THE WD ARE GOING TO LAST!!!
My dad is addcited to vicodin and has been admitted to the hospital a couple of times now. I am so scared about what is going to happen to him. I don't really know what to do. He finally admitted to me that he needs help and I want him to check in to some place. He's been addicted for 1 1/2 now and has already experienced serious withdrawl symptoms that has made me rush him to the hospital. Has anybody gone to an impatient rehabilitation center, and was it successful? Also how long were you in it for?
IVE BEEN TAKING VICS FOR THE LAST YEAR AND IM ON DAY ONE OF MY WITHDRAWALS AND I CANT SLEEP . AND I FEEL VERY GITTERY. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS TO HELP ME SLEEP?
Hi Eevryone,

I took vics for 8 months and they made me extremely moody, I went from taking one or two fro fun to needing about 8 a day. I loved myself when I had them but hated myself when I didnt. I got off them completely about 3 weeks ago and I couldnt believe how normal I felt. I use to wonder how people would go on without them and I wished I was anyone who wasnt taking pills. its been 3 days now that I started taking them again and I hate myself again. I am never taking them again. You all have to be strong and I will too.
I had taken norco/vicodin (about 8-10 pills a day) for the last 2.5 years and I had to check myself into a rehab to detox!  They put me on a drug called suvoxone(sp?) to "deal with the withdrawl symptoms" and that seemed to work great until I found out the withdrawl from that would be just as bad and as long.  They wanted me to take it for 14 days on a taper down from 8mg to 4mg, to 2mg, 1mg and a half.  I stopped taking it day 8 on 2mg and went thru pretty bad withdrawls, but like everyone said, you just have to "man up" and DO IT!  If I can do it, so can you!  The withdrawls felt like the flu only worse, my skin crawling, LOTS OF SWEATING, shivers, and my pupils were HUGE.  Day 1 and 2 I felt fine.  Day 3 I started sweating really bad. Day 4 and 5 were the WORST, I slept a lot but got up to go to lunch, dinner and group meetings from like 12noon till 10pm because I realized although I didn't feel like it, walking around and doing stuff made the time pass by faster.  I was in rehab for 15 days total and didn't detox until my last 6 days, so I do NOT recommend anybody take suvoxone or Xanax(Xanax is just going to make your anxiety WORSE..and you are trying to DETOX FROM DRUGS, not add more drugs to the mix, remember?), just drink a lot of water and get thru it!  I have been off of tyhe suvoxone for 8 days now and feel fine mentally but still are sweating a lot!  I hop eit goes away soon:) Hope this helps!
Hey brothers and sisiters....I've gottin "high" only once in the last 5 days.....i have been on Lortab's for a little over a decade.....it wasn't bad the first 3 years but it got to be a 4 to 5 pill a day habbit (10 mg)....and i would always drink a beer with them(usually one ice house per 2 10 mg.pills ..twice a day....sooo my story is a little different in that ...i would accually "come down(hard) once a day and go sometimes 20 or so hour's before my next high....Well back to the original reason im here, the fact that you'll have inspired me to stop .....i've gottin REAL depressed the last couple days but i think the worst may be over...i have always exercised and i think that and the fact that i wasn't "on" them alllll day(see above) may help a little Thanks for reading my post   i feel a little better   anyone feel free to correct me on my theory about not being on them alll day is helping my situation...... my bother has taken 2 or 3 every 4 hours for about 7 years and i think it might be harder on someone like that(God forbid cause i LOVE my brother so much...and all f you:) But any ways ...sorry for being all over the place...can't wait to hear what some of you might say ....THanks for your opinions
i am on day 3 of my vicodin detox and man it has been so hard to do ive been taking vicodin for the last five years when i started 5 years ago it was not that bad i would take 2 or 3 a day and that would be more than enough for me but now 5 years later i take 15-20 per day and like 5 years ago when i ran out it was ok for me i would just wait til i got more but now when i have 60-100 im already starting to stress that when i run out in 5 days how can i get more and the main thing that really bothered me was i wasnt taking them to feel good i was just taking them to try to feel normal once again and that was the worst part i can honestly say the best way to quit is to tapper down how many you take per day but i was never strong enough to do that so im quitting cold turkey i believe that if you truley dont want to stop no matter what you do youll never be able to stop you really have to want it what i did is just finally realized whats the point if i get 100 it would last five days whats the point in blowing money when five days down the road i would be right back where i was wanting more and stressing out over it the first 2 days were terrible but i truley think its not having the pills in your system that is hard but the factor that your so used to feeling that way and it seems like that it is all you know
i have never posted in here b4 but have been reading for a long time , i decided to finally post because i am now 7 days sober , i have been on vicoden for about 3 years , never had a script , purly for the high , what once started as a couple here and there ened in 10 to 15 a day if not more when i could afford it , after 3 years of widdiling away my savings almost loosing my car and house because i was spending upwards of 300 + a week !! not as a high anymore but to just feel normal , it ruinind 3 years of my life that i can never get back , for what ...... nothing.... but i wanted to tell all that have yet to break the habit that it can be done , it was probly the hardest thing iv ever done but it can be done , you just have to hang in there and know that it will be BETTER , for me the first 4 days were hell , and it made it even harder because everyday i had dealers callin me wondering where i was , saying i got some , ill give you a deal ..... but i hung threw it , shut my phone off and made myself stay indoors , i did go to the er on the 3rd night of no sleep , the gave me a few valum , wich did help a little , night 5 i finally got like 5 hours of sleep which i think made the turn , because i woke up yesterday feeling good , not perfect but good enough to finally be social , and here i stand on day 7 sober and ready to get those 3 years back , so to all you guys YOU MUST DO IT IT WILL BE HARD BUT TRUST ME ONCE YOU HIT THAT TURN POINT IT IS INSTANT GRATIFICATION , good luck , and STAY SOBER !!!!!!
yeahhhh...Awesome. NEWS
I tinker on occasion....and that's about to stop....i can go 2 or even three days at a time without but im gonna QUIT all together.....I KNOW IT'S PLAYING WITH FIRE......LIFE IS MUCH BETTER WITHOUT.....if i/you focus on the "coming down" part you'll NEVER want to do them again..don't think about the "good" feeling ...cause its A LIE and it last only a few minutes and the BAD ie "comin down" feelin last MUCH LONGER so just remind youurself that .....you DON'T WANT TO FEEL THAT WAY EVER AGAIN( im preaching to myself too) I love you GUYS  :)
true the reason i wont go back is cause it took me almost 2 years to finally get enough courage to say **** it im done and i dont ever wana go threw those 5 or 6 days off pure hell ever again , good luck guys
I went to a pain clinic & asked for something that gave duration as vic & oxy only helped about 1-2 hrs b4 I felt my back pain again.  I was taking 2-3 10mg methadone/day.  When I left the pain clinic, I was told to cut back by 1/2 mg each wk.  I mostly stuck to that schedule but when I ran out I had uncontrollable muscle spasms.  My vic helped somewhat but I don't recommend methadone to anyone short of a heroin addict or terminal patient!  I've taken my last vics today 5-10/650 & will be going mostly cold turkey tomorrow.  Our county allows OTC codeine cough syrup so I will use that ONLY to subside the the WD.  Wish me luck
I have been clean since Monday at 4pm - it is now Wednesday morning at 10am - so that is 42 hours.  My habit was not as bad as most on here - I would say i had been taking them for 5 years on and off - but off totally from May 08 - Jan 09 wjile i was preggers - then after my C-section Dtr. gave me a RX for percocet - and i have had a 1-2 pill a day habit (only taking 1/2 a pill at a time) habit sine my baby was born last Jan - since then I don't have a RX - just take pills from either my step mother or mother in law who have bad backs and have a LARGE RX bottle - also buy them from my SIL who has some connects to deals - so I pay about $6-$7 a pill which is why I only take 2 a day - MAX has been 3 a day last month or so - spending more thnsa i can afford.  Sad thing is I take them just to have energy, I don't care about the high - just want enough energy to keep my house clean, be a good wife, take care of my son (who is 14 months old today) do a good job at work, be socia, do the food shopping, etc... the past few months I could not do ANY of those things w/o a pill of some sort (only vics and percs) BUT  - if I just never started taking them I probally could do all those things fine without any help.  I look at people, co-workers, friends, family, my husband and wonder how they go about each day without any vics.  
Well I gave my sister in law $ for more on a week ago, told I had 10 left, but will probally need more by the weekend - on Friday I took 3, Saturday 2, Sunday 1 - had only 1 left - took 1/2 at work at 12pm and called her, she said "no one had any right now" could be a while before we get any more!  I freaked - paniked, then instatly started of thinking of ways to buy more - the stumbled upon this site - read EVERY word Monday, Tuesday and this morning for inspiration.  Now she could call me at any minute and tell me she's got them - and I don't know what I will do at that point, but I am REALLY struggling here.  I have one 1/2 pill more that I was saving today for work (I have off Tues & Thurs) and jknew today would be hard.  My husband does not have ANY idea of the problem so it had been hard going through withdrawls without telling him why i am feeling this way - just keep telling him i am sick.  He even took off work yesterday b/c he knew I was so sick and tired ot take care of our baby - only a few hours sleep Mon, Tues nights.
Most ppl on here seem to be fine by day 3-4 - and those ppl took manu more pills than me per day so I thought i would be feeling better by day 2 (today).  Getting hot/cold flashes, knot in my stomach, restless legs / cramping in back, hard to fall and stay asleep, upset stomach, extreme fatigue.  I have been sitting at my work computer since 8:30am (now 10:30am) fighting the urge to take my last 1/2 pill - will the detox have to start ALL over again if so?  o will it just help me get through today - then maybe tomorrow when I am home w/ the baby and not at work I can maybe have a little better day on day 3?  What do you think?  Anyone reading pls respond - I need help!
ok so here I am a little under 2 hours later and icaved and took the 1/2 perc i had in my purse.  Now I am SO F-N mad at myself, I loved having it there "just in case" but when it wears off in 3-4 hours, I will have no more for "just in case" and i am SUPER scared now that i will have to start Detox all over again tonight - hopefully since its such a small amount it won't be that bad.
and as I said my husband thinks I am just sick, so when I come home from work tonight (it might be in my system at bit still) he will think I am all better, but it will just get worse over the next 2-3 days!  UGH!!!  What is wrong with me?  
Hi mommyneedshelp123.

I'm so sorry for your hard time. I too am a mother. Mine are 2 & 4. I have been on Lortab for over 3 years.....almost 2 years consistently. I too had been lying to my husband throughout my entire addiction.

It sounds like you got here just like everyone, so don't feel bad. The main thing is to stay off of the pills!!! I have been off since Saturday (2 days before you) but I was taking over 12-14 pills a day at one point. Today is Thursday and it's the first day I have even felt halfway normal....and it still isn't that great!

Here's the advice I got:
1. If you're really serious about getting off pills and you're not in "real" physical pain, try the Thomas Recipe. You have to go to Drug Store or Health Food Store and it's a little pricey but it's alot cheaper than to continuing to pay for your addiction. It really helps, I think.

2. Try being honest with someone! Obviously, I don't know you (or your husband) but when I came clean with mine....it was such a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It's like suddenly everything made sense to him. Don't get me wrong, he was very angry but after he got over it - it's like he understood and all he wanted to do was help me. You can always get support from someone on here as well.

3. CUT TIES WITH WHOEVER WAS GIVING YOU PILLS!!!!! My RX refill was due tomorrow and I knew I was too vulnerable for that so I called the doctors office today and told them NO MORE PILLS.....period!! I couldn't face tomorrow knowing that I could go get pills....if I really wanted to.

I'm always here. We're all going through the same thing and rememeber....it doesn't matter how big your next step is that matters.....it's the direction!!  
i have been taking about 6 vicodin a day for 3 years yesturday i took 2 and i couldnt sleep my skin felt like it was crawling i took a couple of advil today and no vicodin and actually im not feeling that bad i think tonight is going to be the hurdle i need to get over but i think once u mentally prepare yourself u can do anything so ....so far i am very happy that i made this decision im kicking myself for not doing in sooner.
i have to say i have been taking vicodin for almost 3 years and percocet and endocet and dolorians i never thought i could stop but watching all these famous people dying and some people i know dye from over doses it made me so scared i love life and i have to honestly say i never thought i could do it yes it is one of the hardest struggles there are but i have to honestly say after 4 days i feel amazing better than ever i still cant sleep though so i take a small dose of xanax 1 hr before i go to bed i know its another pill but i love life and for now it helps i have to say i now take a multi b vitiam ginko baloba and a multi vitamin and it works so well and l-tyrosine as well it is gonna be hard at first but it does get so much better i still get that sluggish feeling so oftten but not bad i know it works cold turkey and those vitamins help i also go to the gym and work out as i use to when i was taking them they gave me tons of energy but now the vitamins are doing that for me so trust me i agree there is a light at the end of the tunnell
I have 1 bottle of norco in my purse and vicodin and 60 somas, so u can do it. If I can. My sister is a nurse so I have unlimited access. I quit 3 days ago cold turkey because it made me a recluse! I talk to no one I never leave me house! And what kind of life is that to live! Feeling clean is much better than feeling numb and high! Yes my entire body is aching. I started yoga ah I hate to excercise so I must admit I've done it 1x so far, Lolo.I  take vitAmens and I always drink water.  But I hope this doesn't sound weird but seriously I did it because I gave it to the lord! A friend prayed for me not knowing I'm an addict just knowing I was at a low. I knew god would no my addiction!! And it's a miracle! He's awesome!!!I truely think that's the only way to quit is with his help, he says give ur burdens to him and I did!! I'm so happy! It's my first day out of house In over a year!!!! Amen
please don't bash me anyone for my beleifs!!!!
I have taken oxcontin and lortab every day for 2 1/2 years.  I have four herinated discs in my thoracic spine, osteo arth, and spurs with foramen compression.  They are inoperable.  So I have taken pain meds.  I realized last few months though, if I didn't take them on time, I started feeling buring in my veins.  So, once I realized how dependent my body was, I deided to stop taking them and look for alternative pai management.

I took my last oxycontin 3 weeks ago, and my last lortabs 5 days ago.

I am in hell.  Burning in my veins, weak from all the trips to br, lost 10 pounds in 4 days.  Muscles ache, losing my mind, anxiety, just sicker than hell.  I am drinking gatorade and taking vitamins and amino acids, but stil feel horrible.  

How long can this last?  If I don't get some relief soon, I may give up altogether.  How long can this last???????
hi everyone i took 8 norcos 3roxys @5to8 vics a day i know crazy wright i guess aftre takin for 3 years i build a tolorenc for them 7 days ago i made up my mind and said no more.i started takin half of what i was.now im day 3 with out having no opiod at all i feel preety good  im painting here at home keeping me busy doing yard work and going shoping i know it sounds crazy but all of us have somthing inside us.i happen to belive that all this time taking opio pills no mater if vic,norco, methadon,oxy . FAKE ENERGY so now body is stronger . think about it all the time you came home tired took more pills and went out wene normaly you should be RELAXING. but no you ether work overtime youwork in backyard cleanout garag took kids to park ect. your body is stronger than you think  trust me. trust in your self. tou can do it force yourself go outside grab a tool from the shead let the sun hit you anyways thats whats helping me 3 days coldturky littlejittery at times but as soon as i get up it goes away ps lots and lots of water and vitamins
Hi everyone...2 and half years ago i had a very bad expperience, i had an abcessed tooth and a handful of vicodin 750. well, i decided to take about 20 of them within a 6 hour period, ended up in the hospital with liver failure and i was lucky i survived. the detox was horrible, about 2 weeks of flu like symptoms, so here i am 2 years later and relapsed and have been taking them for only 4 months...4 days ago i decided to stop, and i must say with the help of xanax and this wonder drug called clonidine has been helping me get through it..the clonidine really helps with the night sweats. i was quite surprised. im really weak but my mind is all there i have had people calling wanting me to buy them but NO WAY!! DAY 4....AND IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!
ok its day 4 i woke up today sleeped ok do to otc sleep aid . fist thing taking all vitaminsin the morning felling ok cant wait to mow the lawn crazy huh but this is the only way im coping the W/D im fighting back pushing my body to the limit my freinds and family say maybe it helps that iv bin hard constuction hevy equipment worker for 16yrs .... i dont know about that all i know is if im sitingdown doing nothing i feel the W/D olot more.im wondring is anybody in my boat let me know please thank you and god bless??????
i too have found that getting out of the house does help, im also on day 4...took my last lortab monday night..for some reason i have been sneezing alot today and runny nose...but tuesday wednesday and thursday i was fine just a little lazy and of course the inevitable diarrhea...im hoping that the worst is over but   now am wondering with the sneezing if the w/d are just now starting.
hey bud i think were one of the few that r going to be ok. do to the fact u only took one pill monday, maybe u winged ur self off like i did. let me know
                                   god bless
YEP, we are on day 5 and their will be no turning back...i was on a 6-9 a day habit. not even taking them to get high just taking them to not get sick. on my last day monday i took 3 in all one in morning afternoon and of course my last one that night, it has been very helpful reading everyones stories on their struggles...best of luck to you and i will keep posting with updates
I have been reading these posts since last tuesday when i decided to quit taking loritab and norcos. The first two days i stumbled upon this website and I knew that I could do it. I took everyone's advice with vitamins and drinking plenty of water. Today is day 8 for me after three years of a constant battle. I feel better than ever. I am sleeping and my pains have gone away. I will never take another narcotic. I have everyone on here in my prayers. Remember you can do it. It is possible.
I have been on vicodin 750's due to a broken hip, then ankle for a long time; 5+ years; never have taken more than what was directed by doc.  But a normal day consists of waking up 2 vic's and a .5 xanax (I was prescribed this for anxiety due to a domestic assault)  I have taken up to 6 vic's a day a few times, but normally 4 a day at most.  As far as the xanax,  2 a day at most.  I want to stop these drugs.....however in reading posts I am very scared to go off cold turkey.  I do drink alcohol as well.....probably too much.  After finding out my daughter had a heroin addiction the drinking got worse....up to 12 beers a day, almost every day.  I went back to school last fall for a 2nd degree, things were good, got all A's, this semester as well.  Now school is out and for a full week, drinking and pills, and sleeping; obvious depression plus my age with the hormonal changes.   A couple years ago I taught fitness classes, had natural energy, was very fit, on top of it certified massage therapist and looked forward to waking up everyday. Now I am inactive, handling my stress with drugs and alcohol, (which certainly cannot help my daughter) and want to know if anyone can suggest how to go about getting through this withdrawal or if I will even experience severe symptoms.  I am 51 years old, really mostly worried that I live alone now and my blood pressure going up while quitting.  Today I took the 2 vicodin's but only 1/2 of the xanax.  I don't know what to do. Please suggestions, help appreciated.
Hi All,
I have been on vic 7/750 for at least 7 yrs (probably longer), as with all of you, I started out 3-4 a day and eventually worked my way up to 20+/day.  I decieded to stop 2 yrs and went on the suboxne.......big mistake.  Although it helped with the w/d, it was just as bad coming off.  I started with 5 then 2.5 then 1 and after being on suboxne for 6 months (and just when I was about done with the detox) I went right back to the vics.  This time around I managed to keep the vic to 10-12/day.  Believe it or not my precscription came from pediotrist!! I would see him every week, got 2 scripts for 90/tabs with at least 2 refills (for 7+ yrs!!!!).  Today is day 4 of no pills.  I took my last vic Mon nite and one perc Wed morning.  I have felt like s*** since.  Like all of you, I have all of the w/d symptoms (the reason for Suboxne in the first place).  But this time I wanted to quit COLD TURKERY and it's really really hard!  I knew (sort of) what the w/d process would be like, just didn't know it would be this BAD.  I came on line in hopes of finding a site that would shed some light as to how long the w/d would last, and found this one.  From what most you have to say, I'm desperately praying that the worst is over.  I've had ambien & valium to help, but not much.  Going to the drug store and try the "Thomas Recipe" today.  Today is my first time on this post & I have read each & everyone one of your posts and it has helped tremoudsly.  I know what each & everyone of you are going through want to say GOOD LUCK TO ALL!  It really helped in reading all of your posts.........I know I'm not alone & that yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  God Bless
This is an old post.  That is probably why nobody posted.  Go to the top and hit post question that way you will have your own post and people will see it.  I know you are in pain, but calling people names is not the way to get support!

If you will post your own question, you will get some feedback.

i was hooked on vicodin for about 6 months, due to oral surgery.  they just kept giving, I just kept taking.

I heard about suboxone on the radio.  OK, it works, BUT, I highly recommend staying away from it.

what i learned, the hard way, was that SUBOXONE is much much stronger than vicodin.

Oh,  it works like a charm.  Feel great, a little high, you feel like its legal, bla bla bla.

BUT, at someday, you need to STOP taking suboxone.  those of us abusing VICODIN, and who do not legitamately need it.  We did, but not anywmore.

SUBOXONE is a muthur F***** to get off of.  My opnion, easier to W/D from Vicodin.  SUBOXONE is very powerful.  It contains agents that improve your well being, namely depression.  I had NONE.

SO, any whoo-  I have been trying to get off suboxone for almost 2 years, and I can';t.  And they have NO PROBLEM keeping me on it.

It is ALL a BUSINESS.  Do not be taken advantage of.  I was.  For a 40mg VICODIN habit/day.  I was prescribed 16 + mgs of SUBOXONE.

WAY too much.  I told the doctor I was sick, and messed up all day. "Oh you will get used to it."

I found thru a friend whose husband has a problem, 1/2 a tablet would FLOOR him, and he was quite experienced.

SO, i took 1/2, and was FINE.  I was fine on 2mgs.!

Presently, I used vicodin to get OFF the subobxone.  I have ZERO control with that stuff.  I can swallow 6 pills at the same time now.  TO MEET THE FEELING OF SUBOXONE.

I am NOW 36 hours clean, (clap clap clap)...  and I am OK.  I feel like S***, and I am hanging on by a thread, but its NOT that bad.

Here's how.  1 MG of xanax 3 x a day (8am-2pm-8pm); 800 MGS of ibuprofen the SAME 3 x day 8-2-8; IF you need some energy 2- Excedrin (has samll amount of caffeine, and small amounts of asprin, acetaminiphine)

been on vicodin for a little over a year.  never took more than one a day at night to help sleep.  also taking Ambien for sleeping.  This is day two of quitting cold turkey.  leg cramps and not sleeping the hard part.  fortunately I have a hot tub which helps at night.  Hope this gets better but felt it was time to get off the two drugs.  All the comments really helped me today to stick it out.  Ralph
Today is day 11 with out vicodin and I feel great. The first 4 days were the worst especially in the sleeping depatment. I have been able to sleep these last few day I'm happy for that. I've been drinkin a ton of water and tea and it has been working I also have been keeping active no matter how crappy I feel.... I ve been on these pills for 3 plus years..... stay strong and believe in yourself!
Hi all, I would like to say that I admire your courage please keep up the good work!! My cousin is addicted to Vicodin (this has been a problem for about 5 years) I really don't know how to help her. A couple days ago she admitted to her mother that she has a problem again (she slowed down for a while and we all thought she had completely stopped) Is there any advice you can give me on how I can bring it up to her without her feeling like I'm attacking her? We want her to get professional help but I highly doubt she will. I'm willing to sit with her 24 hours a day until she is completely detoxed do you think she would accept my help?
I have detoxed twice in my life.  The first time was from Tylenol #4s.  I had been on them for about two years.  Withdrawal took seven days and I thought I would die.  I had the usual cramping, loose bowels, sleeplessness, but the tension was what almost did me in.  I was wound so tight I thought I would burst.  This lasted for 6 miserable days.  Unbelievable edginess  . . . and fear that it would never stop.  On the seventh day I awoke feeling clear and clean.

This second time I twisted my knee, took some hydrocodone for the pain, and got hooked again, ending up taking 12 tablets a day.  I went doctor shopping to get the drugs.  After 6 months, I decided to quit again.  This time was just as bad - maybe worse.  Same horrible symptoms along with severe depression.  Seven days of torment.  On the eighth day the tension got worse and I  thought I wouldn't make it.  That night I slept (for the first time in a long while) for 8 hours and woke up feeing normal.  Let me give you some advice about what to do when going through withdrawal:

1.  No alcohol
2.  No sugar
3.  No white flour ( I know it sounds dumb, but it's true)
4.  No caffeine
5.  Lots of water, orange juice, apple juice, protein (cheese worked for me)
6.  Take magnesium tablets/ melatonin for sleep/ potassium if you have leg or foot cramps

The length of time for a person's withdrawal varies.  Usually, it's about a week, but may be a day or two shorter or a day or two longer.  But you WILL be okay.
My husband has been on high doses of Vicodin for 2 years due to a botched Knee replacement. 6 weeks ago he had his knee replaced again and this time surgery went great. Only problem now is that there is no more pain...no more pain means no more pain pills. I knew this was going to be a problem and have been secretly (and sometimes openly) concerned about this very moment. My husband ran out of his oxycodone, vicodin and percocet yesterday. He is not himself (hasn't been for the past 2 years actually). He is having night tremmors, legs shaking, quiet and curled up with a blanket most of the day and diarhea.  He works out on the elyptocal and eats decent. His tremmors at night, jerking movements, moaning along with chills has me not knowing what to do to help.
This brings me to this forum. I want to understand how I can help, since you guys have been there, please share with me what you would have wanted from your spouse. I don't want to annoy him, or call attention to the situation. Should I be doing more or just living life like usual while he deals with his w/d himself? I dont' want to smother or make him feel defensive etc...
He's such a wonderful man, he looked at me a few times today and said "I'm sorry baby, be patient with me, I'll come around"
I don't think he realizes that I know what is causing him to be so blah and miserable and it's not the actual knee anymore. It's the pain killers.
I miss him so much. He hasn't been the same since the first knee replacement 2 years ago and I'm anxious for his return.
HI and welcome to the forum....glad you stumbled on to us...first off he is going threw classic  withdrawals this usually takes about 4 or 5 days to run its course ...the best thing my wife did for me was offer her support and encouragement  she also got me out of the house each day even when I dident want to go....I dont know how far along your hubbys knee replacement is along but if he can take a nice hot soak it will help with a lot of the symptoms
they make some stuff called highlands restful legs...it helps a lot with the involuntary mussel spasms called RLS you get....its available at walmart or walgreens its in with the vitamins and herbal stuff...it worth a trip to an all night walgreens to get it...pick up some Gatorade
and force the fluids...other then that just be a loving and caring wife it ment the world to me to have my wife on board..you guys willl get threw this...take some time and read some of the post...post your own questions at the top of the screen look for the green box marked post a question where here to help good luck and God bless.....Gnarly      
I'm on day 2 of nothing this is the day I can't do...I have tryed so many times...idk what to do how long dose this last? I have been taking this pills for about 2 years about 10-15 pills at one time. Plz someone let me know how long this hell is?
I started by journey to a clean life 3 days ago,,,I have been reading this website for the 3 days and it has helped so much,,I knew I wasnt alone but to read the positive stories sure has made things easier,,I took norco 10/325 for 7 years got up to 10 a day,,and really thought it was keep my life together,,First two days of being clean OH MY were nothing but hell,,Im 30 yrs old and have a great family,,,but they knew nothing,,I came out to them on day one,,this was my way of saying I can not turn back now,,,Today day 3 I woke up and feel better,,still little shaky but nothing like the days before,,I even did some laundry,,pretty proud of myself LOL because after what I have gone through I really didnt think I would ever get out of bed again,,I went CT and just kept reading the positive forms and listening to my family tell me I can do this,,today I smile still little scared to get out of the house but I am going to try it,,I have had back surgery and all meds at first were given from my dr,,I wish drs would open up just a little bit,,,if I had ever known there was a chance I could turn into the monster I became maybe it would of stopped me,,I dont know but I really think drs need to tell you more,,my dr never said a word,,but anyway,,It so awesome to read how many people are overcoming this nasty disease,,and I am proud to say I am one that is on the road to be right there with you,,to enjoy life again!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful feeling,,,I wish everyone the best,,and I promise the WDs wont last that long yes they are hell but soon it will be over,,GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!
Why do I feel broke? I have a wife 2 kis and I feel so alone.no one knows the real me I keep the from knowing 2days with no vicodin......I want off I want 2 feel something...someone help me plz!
Day 3 I was up at 5am could not sleep...idk if I feel good or I'm. Just telling me I feel good. Gusse I well keep posting
Hi Piccolos,

this is a very old post and it keeps getting pushed down. that is why you are not receiving any responses. You can start your post thread by going to the top of this page and hitting the green Post A Question button. Follow the instructions. this would be best so we can get to know you and help if we can. If you need help, just ask.
I feel all alone but good...wow 2 fee.l I have been so num for so long. I keep 2 me. I don't care 4 ppl. Yet here I'm talking 2 everyone no one..idk this is the part that I'm afraid of in my head.. idk how long until I feel that need 2 escape from realty. I guess can only find out by staying clean ...btw I'm on day 3 not sick no more...that's good right?
I have been on Vicodin since October of 2008 for back issues from car accident, doc perscibed first 3 a day 10/650 and 1 10mg oxycontin at night for sleep everything was ok I took the meds as perscribed then as time went by he perscribed 4 day I went back and forth from vics to percocet. I am still perscribed 4 a day 10/650 vicodin but for the first time I realized that I had a problem when my script for 120 pills lasted only 2 weeks!! I am now scrambeling to find more I took my last 1/2 at 8:30am. I am ready to get off of these damned pills and live my life with my 2 kids and husband ( who is very supportive) I just want to get through the withdrawals and be back to normal. I have another perscription due on the 25th and im thinking with the help of my husband I am going to ween myself off and deal with the withdrawals that way. I cant do cold turkey with my job and 2 kids I wish I could! Thank you for all the posts and I know that I will get through this.
so this forum is really helping thank you! I have been using since I was 18, now 49. Wow! good job. I am now on day 6 of no pills, never did more than 8 a day average was 5-6 7.5s a day. Mainly, I knew that I am a functioning adict and a limit to what I will pay for the hi. I have a wife of 24 years and three almost grown children, I can remember vacations, trips, parties, ect. by what I had or what I scored. There was no greater joy than working someone and "yes" having them hand you handful willining. I have always had good vic luck, but I also always knew, that it is feast or famine.  And if I played my cards right I could just taper and wait it out till something broke free. My detox is always famine induced, unfortunatly.

But, this time and on day 6  -  I am reading this forum so I can be free to be with people who are me. I feel what everyone else feels here, I have been thru what you have been thru, and like you (all of you) I now only crave to be free from the craving of the pain and really, the pain in the a$$ of being like us. What sux is I like to be high I can't help it, my wife is pretty much a Mormon (Please take no offense) she has never done drugs and rarly drinks. So of course if she thought I was as bad as I am for as long as I have been, I think she would be a little peeved to say the least. So my brothers and sister of painpill highway you are my only support to the exit of free will. Freewill, but freewill also means to take the pearl of pleasure doesn't it, just kiddding. No! I want to know what I would be like without anythning in the old system, to be at a party not need to catch a good buzz. I just want to be free.

I can tell you this if you are going thru the WDs please take some amonia AD it really helps.
Thanks for letting me be me
Here's to day 7
and if my hook up calls... don't let me answer

J
well today is day two almost day 3,the first 2 days were awful,i pretty much took whatever i could get,but vicodin was my main one,he withdrawals suck but i have learned there is consequences for everything you do,the good part of this is i can see more money in my pocket,my bills getting paid on time,being able to have money in the bank,so though we are going threw something rough right now,it will pay off in the end.good luck to everyone and god bless!!
well almost day 4 and i am soooooo proud of myself,im feeling better today,its weird i still wake up and say damn i have no pills,but im dealing with it,im feeling better,things are getting better for me.I still have no appetite,3 days without eating but im still drinking fluids,the sleep is getting better,im taking my muscle relaxers at nite,flexeril,they help with the sleep but when i wake up in the morning i feel very shaky,almost nervous,but its getting better,im waiting to hit day 8 and 9,i no i will feel 100% better then.To anyone that is going threw this i applaud you,for the courage,u see so much on t.v about pople being addicted and what they been threw,pain killers are awful,i started taking them from a back injury,started with percocet 5/325 then it went to vicodin 10's,then oxys 15's,i got so addicted i got evicted from a aplce 3 different times for not paying rent,it had such a toll on my life,i thank god that he loved me enough to help me with this,its a day by day process,so everyone going threw this hang in there!!god bless and good luck
I found an easier way to get off Norco. I know going cold turkey is the cleanest way to go but due to my profession I could not miss a week of work for that and plus I was really scared. I wanted to quit for so long but I was soo scared of feeling like crap. And then just going back because I felt too terrible. So I started the Methedone detox treatment. I'm not going to lie I was scared because I've read bad thing about it. But I'm on day 2 and no withdrawls I'm just so proud of my self for not taking any norco for the last 24 hours. I've been taking 10 to 12 norcos everyday for the past 3 years never went one day with out it. It was terrible. Instead of waking up and brushing my teeth or going to the bathroom I would first have to get water and take my pills. I'm still scared but I feel okay. And I feel so good to not be on norco. Not have to take a pill every 2 hours just to feel okay. You can all do it!! Be strong and you need to seek professional help to go off. Its so much better and the people at these treatment offices are great and understandable. I feel welcomed. It is a bit a mission to go everyday to get this treatment but its a sacrafice I'm willing to take. I also feel great I have people who support me. You need to have people there. Don't be a shamed this can happen to anyone. It is a disease just like Cancer. Good luck to all of you! And I will keep you all in my prayers.
Ive been on Vicodin for the the past three years,I never thought I was addicted because I was always able to feel okay off one or two, still one or two a day. But yesterday was my first day, and surprisingly wasn't bad, Had some trouble sleeping but took a couple Tylenol..Today is a little worse, I have a minor headache,bit of anxiety and been going to the bathroom a lot along with hot flashes, trying to drink a lot of water...I want to get off of them completely natural, so does anyone have any advice or any reassurance that these ****** feelings wont last to much longer....???
Hi Vtori - I'm also on day 2 and am experiencing similar symptoms.  Hot flashes, stomach ache, muscle pains, mind racing, anxiety, you name it.  It's bad but I don't even care anymore.  Time to get off these pills.

To Everyone Else:

I have very bad neck problems and have been taking vicodins and all types of pain killers on and off for the last 5 years.  I never had a problem with it until I had surgery just over a year ago.  Ever since then its been downhill.  I've been taking around 10 norc 1000mgs or perc 10s a day, and I usually can't go 4 hours without something.  It got out of control so fast.  I had a long talk with my sister this weekend and decided that it was time to say goodbye to these pills for good.  I'm so scared about the w/d b/c I've never gone longer than 1 day, but I just have to do it.  I took my last Monday morning at 7am and it's not Tuesday morning at 9am.  I don't feel too hot but from all the posts I read there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I just hope it comes sooner than later.  I have some subs that I could use but I'm afraid that's just going to prolong the inevitable.  

So today is day 1 I guess.  Wish me luck.  I have lots of orange juice, bagels and my cat.  Hopefully that'll help.
I have been severely addicted to vicodin/norco for over 3 years.  I am 68 yrs. old and have had a recent back surgery witch did not fare very well.  Any hoo  got more vikes etc. etc. etc....Been on prob.16-20 vikes a day for prob three yrs. +.  What a bummer!!!!!!  Am trying to wean off.  In third day now  Got all the problems, you know......Not just the back tho..had a knee replaced, got a terrible ankle that don"t work completely blow (gone) shoulder....multiple pain areas here.  Doc said we can try pain control..like reach a plateau. HUMM??  What to do?
Hi racadacadog.... sorry that your post got overlooked, this is an old thread ...if you could copy your post and click the "post the question" , i am sure you will get more help from the members...

As for your question, i don't know really.. by reaching a plateau, your doctor means reaching a dose that you don't abuse it but at the same time, helps with your pain ? It sounds right weening off the high doses to see what the results are... i mean, managing your pain is also a priority... Hope others can advice you better :)
hey  guys im joe well ive been vicodin  for 2 years i have 5 hearneated discs with degeneritve disc disease and the with draws rele very from person to person ,its safe to say that the worse is normally last 3days iget very irraadable, becaue im in pain when i stop taking them,the doctors  wont do surgery  because im only 23, so the best thing is to ither get some sort of anti exzity med,sleep plenty of fluids ,or even a muscel relaxer but never take with the anti exzity meds,another way ,is go out and do somthing most people who addapt to this habbit also adapt to the environment  go hang with friends and stay bizzy hope this helps
ive found that weening off at home with lots of support and talking to people i trust to get thru this has been best. im down to 3x daily, the worse for me is over, now the restless leg and insomnia is all that i battle, i just get up, read my bible and go on face book till i get tired enough to go back to sleep
do not go on subsoxene, its just another pill ull have to detox off, i actually tried vicoden from percocet to detox, and found that detoxing from one pill to another actually makes ur detox start all over.u can do this
I'm on day 2 now,going cold turkey and my anxiety level is high along with chiills and cramps and diarrhea ..I been trying to get in to a suboxone treatment still waiting to hear back to see if my insurance will cover that....I was clean several times but the cravings never go away..I hope to make it thru again..I've been taking trazadone to help me sleep but it last only a hour or so....good luck to all
hi. i Was On oxy vics all kinds of pain pills. for about 7 year's. let me just say  the w/ds are ulgy for the frist day legs back arms head no sleep. , but as each day gos on it gets better and i did it cold turky i'm 26 . and i havent had one pill since 33.days. and yeah i feel good i still get a little jumpy at night .but ether then that i eat again i feel reall feeling not that ones pills give you so what im trying to say dont bee ascared of w-d if you wasnt scared of puting this ulgy pill in or body. and noting happend then not takeing it isnt going to do noting. so once you get to 7 days. each day by day get better god bless and good luck to all. if i can do it any one can..
Well here I am 2.5 years after back injury I had been clean and sober since 1994 I have some torn disc and the narcotic pain medication started. I just recently asked my doc to get me off painkiller and he started a taper. The problem is I am an addict! I keep flushing thousands of dollars of oxy because I cannot stick to the RX. I have norco only and I really want to tell my doc I flushed the oxy but I am fearful that I will get in front of him and get refilled because I will be out of the norco that is supposed to last 30 days. What a vicious cycle! I Hate this! I was active in AA for many years and sponsored many guys. I have given many adequate presentations of the program of recovery and now I am struggling to just get off the painkillers and start over. I am scared to go through the WD'S and I can live with 70 mg a day comfortably of norco. Is this going to be really horrible if I just tell my doc to cut me off and flush all pills? I guess I know the answer to that!
I have lumbar stenosis and was in a pain management program had a hernia operation got a script filled and didn't tell pm so I was terminated was taking 10 mg per day now out in the cold no help at all for withdrawal. All the freeken doctors treat me as though I am a drug addict witch I am cause of taking Vicodin. For three years Ian worryed I can't go in a clinic I will lose my job realy in a  pickle not to mention. I have third stage prostate cancer so far it hasn't came back the stress of that is terrible. In its self anyone help sometimes. I just want to die but my faith helps some.
Christmas should be a wonderful time, however, it has been the darkest time for myself. My husband and I recently moved 5 hours away from our families to open a business.  I've struggled on and off with pills since I was 17.  My parents always gave me vic, darv, soma and whatever else.  I went through a terrible terrible withdrawal from Ultram a year and a half ago, I honestly believe I didn't relapse because I found out shortly after that I was pregnant.  So now we have a beautiful 10 mo old.  I got hooked again because they prescribed percocet to me for my c-section.  It was so amazing to feel that high again, so I immediately went bck to pills from my parents.  Since moving this past July, I could'nt get pills anymore from my parents so my friend prescribed me Norco. Never took these ever but loved them!!  they were so strong I would constantly be making myself sick throwing up cuz I took too many.  I hid it all from my husband (who has always been very supportive and helpful) until I just couldn't take it anymore.
I was having extreme guilt and anxiety over wanting to quit this addiction that my man didn't even know existed.  Now, I am at the point in my life where I feel that I have built up a crazy tolerance and am taking two every four hours or less.   I will without a doubt overdose accidentally and leave my husband and son alone because I am a terrible addict.  I can feel the storm coming in my life but have no way to board up the windows.  We came down for the holidays to be with family and make money since we had to go on welfare just to feed ourselves.  I havent taken Norco but since I've been here (2 weeks now)  every day I have been going to my parents and sneaking pills,  I even took some of my mother-in-laws vics which I'm sure she's going to notice anyday.  So today is my first day without anything.  I have been watching the clock tick seconds. Trying to set small goals, like making it to 3pm then 4pm.  One day seems so stupid and miniscule.  I am at the lowest point in my life right now.  Trying to put on a smile for my in laws when all I want to do is lay on the floor and scream til I fall asleep.  
I could go on forever about all the mental stress I am feeling right now. Just hearing a sad song or staring out at the bare winter trees makes me wonder if I will always be this way?   Will I forever struggle and be one of those people that ends up dying at 27?
  Nothing in my life is right, and no one can ever make it better.  The saddest part of all of this, is that I don't even remember what I am really like, or how I ever found happiness before without a pill....
"If you lose everything, then at least you can become rich in loss..."
lost wife, i feel your pain. i to take norco, tabs, vics are whatever i can get. i have been on pain killers for 12 years. when i have them, i take about 20 or 30 a day. just thought about ending it all a week ago, i am a single father of 3 kids. there mother took her life last febuary. that goes through my mind everyday, it makes me want more pills to ease the pain of her being gone. i know it wont bring her back but i think the pills help when in reality it makes it worse. the only thing keeping me sane are my kids, i have to be their father and try my best to do what there mother would have. i am trying to quit and yes its a hard thing to do but i will do it. we all just have to take it day by day.
I am so sorry for that incredibley terrible loss you're kids and yourself have endured...  I guess I can't really complain because I still have my son and husband..  How do you do it?  I feel like when I don't have any pills, I can't function, can't take care of my son nor want to..  I feel like the worlds worst mom, my husband has been doing ALL of the caregiving.
  When do you plan on stopping?  Do you have anyone to help you?    I'm here to talk, it is THE most comforting feeling to talk with someone that is going through the same thing.
Best of luck for every day to you..
I have been on Vicodin for 4 years. I have taken 3-4 7.5 a day. I decided to wein myself off. I took 2 (5) MG Vics yesterday. I feel a little better but have headaches, night sweats, been on the toilet off and on for 2 days, and have no appetite. Can someone tell me if it's better to wein or go cold Turkey. I have an Appt. with my primary Dr. tomorrow and I am hoping he can prescribe something to ease the WD symptoms. My husband is so supportive and my wonderful daughters are behind me. Any advise would be greatly appreciated..... Good luck to all trying to get off...
I am on day 2 withdrawl from Vicodin. It's the hardest thing I've ever gone though, and I've only been on 7.5/325 for 9 months. I ran out of my prescription and couldn't get an appointment to look at a refill until January 9.

I started taking it because of back problems I got when I was pregnant with twins. They were 7 pounds each at birth, so I was carrying a heavy load. The hard part is I still have the back problems.

You have no idea how much all of these posts are helping. The suicidal thoughts are the worst. I just don't want to feel like this. I feel like crap. Yesterday I stayed home and listened to my babies crying all day without being able to do anything to help them (my husband is home with them, as he is a teacher and on break). This tight feeling in my stomach and chest won't go away. I came to work today because I thought it better than what was going on at home.

I'm ready to get past the worst. I never want to SEE a pain pill again.
i have been taking 6 325mg hydrocordone a day for 8 months due to a car and motorcycle wreck..(broke my collarbone and 2 vertabreas) and have quit cold turkey 2 days ago...i dont feel too bad but i am having some horrible leg cramps at night and cant get comfortable and only managing 2-3 hours a night of sleep if im lucky i hope i can get through this. i have 120 pills sitting at the pharmacy for me and i really dont wanna resort back to pills to function everyday. if i could just get comfortable and get some decent sleep at night i would be ok. i miss how they made me feel relaxed and comfortable at all times :( but i need to get through this.
I quit vicodin on Jan 7 I went to detox i was taking them on and off for 5 years there are times im allright and times im not today has been 2 weeks and 1 day .Do i want them NO!!!  but my brain is foggy i cant think I want to break things and I feel like running into traffic. when will i be able to think? I used to be smart. i have no reasoning anymore no good thoughts its been a nightmare! my counsler said it will pass but when is that going to happen and can i make it happen now? Help!
SO I just found out that I am pregnant with my 3rd baby...I have been taking vicodin 7.5-325 for about 2 years now for back pain.  I was up to about 10 a day and have tried to quit cold turkey. Wow that was extremely hard!!!! I have 2 kids. 1 goes to school all day but I have a 2 year old that I have to care for. I have weened my self down to 3 a day for the past few days...which I am still ut not happy about at all! I want off completely! I feel  like I have lost myself and cant believe that this is happeneing to me! I cant wait to day I am 2,3-4 10 days sober! Any advice????
Hi, the thread you posted on is an old one.  Go to the top of the page and click on the green Post a Question.  You can copy and paste the one you just wrote here for it.  That way you will have your own thread and will get responses on it.  Glad you found us!!!      sara
I am on day two of my detox and I feel like I am going to die. Not only does my back hurt but I am shakey, tired, not motivated to do anything, and I'm tearful like at any second I could start crying. I need help how do I get over this feeling? I work 2 jobs and cannot keep calling in like I have done the past 2 days... please help!
You're almost there! It will break by this time tomorrow a LOT. Get in a hot tub Now. Get someone to get you some B-6 and a bottle that has Meletonin and Valerin root and minerals in it and drink as much Gatoraide as you can handle. Rock your self back and forth on the floor of whatever when you can....to rebuild your natural dopamine in your brain...that's what your body is yelling for.....
I am new here. I joined because my husband confronted me about my vicodin habit as he looked through my pill bottle I got on sunday and 7 were gone by this morning. It's horrible. On jan 25th I had surgery so that is why I have the meds as of now. But I have been addicted for 10 months. Its horrible. I was upset and offended when my husband confronted me this morning before he left work. I tried hiding my tears because I knew he was right but still denied it..as soon as he walked up behind me and gave me a huge hug and said please tell me if you need help I said I had some sort of dependency on Vicodin. and he said we will fight this together and get you the help you need and no one needs to know..I just broke down in tears, I never once thought he would be so supportive I thought he would just yell at me. I am 22 with 2 little ones. I am not a bad mom and I love my kids to death. I have been through the withdrawals before but only made it to day 2 before I would go to the hospital and exaggerate my pain. My addiction started when this doctor would prescribe pain killers for me left and right because of bulging disks and a tilting pelvis. It got to the point where I didn't even have to call him for a refill..he would call it in for me and tell me they were available. It got so bad that he was prescribing 240 10-325's of norco's for a two week period. I never took them all I gave some to my mom because she had hip surgery..i gave her 60 at a time. She was addicted before I started giving them to her but has been clean for 6 months now. I have 7 pills left and I am trying to ween myself off. They are like cigs if you know they are there you are just going to take them no matter how hard you fight. I am scared because I need to get a second surgery in March and if I am successful in this battle..I dont want to become addicted again in March after my surgery.

Any advice. I am scared. I am also relieved that my husband knows because trust me I wanted to tell him for the longest time.

Also, That doctor (who was Rx'ing them) was a perv, he never touched me or anything like that..but I just got that vibe. Needless to say after I got addicted to them he up and quit back in August.
so I am on day 4.....
sleep is terrible, shakes still bad ... and I really hate the fog my brain has not cleaned out yet.  Not being able to think, the hot/cold flu like flashes and the pain my skin felt when in the sun are some of the reasons I finally decided to stop taking them.
I originally took them for my shoulder but now my whole body hurts!
fyi.. I did do acupuncture on my shoulder for the first time, and it actually worked! ... meaning I could put my shirt on without wincing in pain.  It is an old swimming / surfing injury.
I hope day 5 is better.
thanks
hello, ive been on vicodins for about 3 years now does anyone
know if theirs over the counter stuff that may help to get off
thank you
     I have been on vic's and perks for about 1 year due to back pain.  I had back surgery and continued the pain killers with just vicodin. taking maby 15 pills a day.  I am three days into cold turky detox and experienced the body aches, diarrhea, cold chills, weakness, sleepness nights, just feeling like crap.
Today, I feel better but still kind of feel tired and cold.  The mental part is rough too but I know that if I take a pill or two that I would have to go through this again and I do not want to do this again!!!  One thing I keep telling myself is that I dont have a continuous supply and at some point I will run out, so lets get clean now, my question is, What can I take for pain because I do have a chronic back pain, something that will just take the edge off the pain and wont give me an addiction?
I have been on pain pills for about 1-2 yrs...I really want to stop so bad I just am very scared n don't know if I can deal with the withdrawals. What can I get to help me with them n what store do I get it at ..I need help m don't know how to tell my family about this. My bf knows about this but I think he's scared to say anything to me please let me know what I need to get n do to help me out a Lil ??
Detox & Withdrawals depend on how much you have been taking, 3-6 a day or ridiculous amounts.  I can only speak to the higher amount.  I was taking 50-75 norco 10/325's a day and quit cold turkey 30 days ago.  It was pure hell because I had ramped up to that amount over a 4-5 year period.   I went to my doctor after about 4 days of trying it on my own.  He gave me clonidine 3xd to help with W/D symptoms and lorazepam for sleep and anxiety.  I also called a rehab place and just talked with the counselor over the phone which helped a lot.  It will be hard to eat at first (for me that was 2 weeks) so just pound gatorade and camp out near a bathroom.  When possible start making yourself eat protein bars and boost.  This was the turning point for me.  Also, the whole time take multivites and b-complex.  At 30 days I am up to 3 hours a night of sleep with the aid of melatonin (OTC).  Only symptoms remaining are nerve endings in feet are on fire, daily headaches, and tiredness because of lack of sleep.    If your friend knows talk to them- you need someone!  You'll be surprised how understanding people are and how many have had problems themselves. If your friend knows and you are close to your family chances are they know something is up.  I didn't think it would be, but it was actually a big relief telling my family.  
If you're taking much less, the time frame could be as little as a week and the symptoms aren't much worse than a bad flu.
Regardless, QUIT!!  
Once through the W/D's you can live again.
GOOD LUCK! You can do it.
Hello everyone! After reading some of the post I feel much more at ease. Tomorrow will be my first day of vicodin detox. I have been taking vicodin for about two years now (about 4-7 pills a day) which compared to many others is not a lot. I am extremely apprehensive, Im not sure what to expect. Im going to do it cold turkey, I'll be sure to take plenty of vitamins and I will have benadryl handy for a sleep aid. I feel very encourged by many of you and hope this works for me, because im DONE, I want my  old life back and I dont want a pill to control me anymore. I am a 25 year old female college student and I feel like I dont know who I am anymore. If anyone has any thoughts or advice on getting me started it would mean the world to me, again tomorrow is day one! I am really grateful for all of the post. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
Im not sure i can do this its only been 24 hours since i took my last vic n ima mess already my joints hurt i dont wanna do anything my stomachs n knots i dont have insurance to go to the dr idk wat to do i dont want them anymore i just dont know how im going to go to work all week without them and tapering jus doesnt work for me i have to do it this way and im scared im going to fail i dont really have the erge to get them right this minute but idk how im going to get thre the next few days
Thank you all for your honesty.  It has given me more strength than anything has in many many months.  I am very very confused as to what to do about my pain meds.  I also drink and I haven't read many other people on this site posting anything about drinking.  I know the 2 are deadly in combination.  I also don't know which one is really my problem.  When I discuss my pain meds with doctors (I've gone to FIVE now, asking if I need help to get off them) they look at me like I'm crazy and what am I doing worrying about it!  Well, I am worried.  I've been on Lortab for 6 years.  Started out because of 3 back surgeries.  I started out taking 1-2 5/500 per day.  I am now taking 8-10 10/500 daily and drinking about 3 days a week.  I've attended AA but I'm not really like them... Has anyone been to a 12 step program to try to kick the habit?  Am I the only one who drinks and takes the meds?  I LOVE the 12 steps, but noone will work with me because they don't understand my issue... is it the meds or the beer?  The chicken or the egg?  SO many of you have inspired me.  I truly thought I was the only one.  In some ways I still do.  I don't know what to do.  I raise 3 children mostly on my own, and I'm terrified that I'll be paralyzed with W/D's and can't run my home.  Every single night (especially the ones I drink)  I go to bed and pray to God that I wake up.  Every day, I beg God for help.  Every day and night I feel like the one person on earth who cannot be helped.  I feel very unlucky that way.  I've suffered many many blows in my life, yet, on the outside I'm a great actress.  Noone would know how desperate I am.  But I am desperate, I'm dying... I'm mostly dead and I don't know what to do... confused, discouraged, weary and alone.  I have no support system