Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How long does it take to get off of oxycodone 30mg

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been taking 4-5 oxies a day of the 30 mg's but this weekend i have managed to cut myself down to 1 1/2-2 every 24 hours, I want this to be overwith! how long will it be before I dont have to take any at all. btw, I have been on pain meds since the age of 20, I am now 29. And the past 2 years I have been on these oxies, any advice will surely help me. I want so bad to be free of this addiction. But at the sametime I am nervous, I dont really remember what life was like without them. Any advice at all is surely welcome. btw wat can i take to help me sleep. pleeeze
Hi~  I'm sorry you haven't received a response. I'll try to help.  I think you should just stop now.  I say that because you want it over and that's exactly how you do it!! We can be a big support for you and offer suggestions...

For sleep you can try Melatonin 3mg 4 tabs. Or Benadryl 100mg  4  25mg caps .

Keep posting~
Vicki
HI and welcome to the forum....well first off you got to want it bad...and admit you have a problem with it.....from there you can ether taper down then jump or just jump both have advantages and disadvantages ...tapering takes longer and requires a lot of discipline and sorta lessen the agony but prolongs it...C/T or just jumping off is a little ruffer initially but it gets it done in about a week....most addicts are tearable at tapering hence is why so many just jump and get bit over with....post back to us on how you want to do this and we can offer helpful suggestions on what ever way you decide good luck and God bless,,,,,Gnarly        
I completely feel you on where you are right now, there are a lot of people on this site that can relate.  Coming totally clean requires you to answer the question that addiction will ask, which is "how bad do you want it?"  I only say this because that is how I felt the first times I tried to quit, but I wound up not completing it.  Eventually, I had to go the methadone route (which I do not suggest) and learn a harder lesson, but when I got to that point, something kicked in my mind and I told myself that it could be done.  I really believe that is what got me over the initial hump, I am still in the fight, but I am realizing that this thing can be beat with time, patience, self-belief, and therapy.  The physical WDs are going to come (and stay a while), but I believe the mental prep is the most important.

I wish you the best with your recovery.
I am doing so much better, I am down to 3/4 of a pill every24 hours, today is going to be my last day at taking anything..... I am so excited. thanks for the support and believe me this is the last time I want to ever be addicted to anything. so my mind is made up... I have never wanted anything so bad in my life.
HI ....well you did a really fast taper but if it worked dont let me throw a wrench in it...
your probably going to go threw some withdrawals so be ready for it look up the thomas recipe and stock up on the stuff suggested..try not to let fear into the equation it only makes it worst and cits always worst in our minds then it actually turns out to be...this is 1/3 physical and 2/3 mental so be ready to fight on both fronts...I always say this is a battle one or lost in ones own mind...go into this with a positive attitude it will do more then any single thing you can do wile doing this...also get comfortable with the saying ''you just got to be ok without being ok for a wile'' you will see what I mean as you go threw this....remember the symptoms are temporary it takes about a week to get over the physical part of the detox the mental can take a wile...we recommend aftercare as soon as you are able the sooner the better ...N/A and A/A our free programs and work if you work them otherwise a conslor or therapist will also work...as for your imedate symptoms try a nice long hot soak it helps more then anything else I know...keep posting for support we all want to see you succeed good luck and God bless I will check on you tomorrow.......Gnarly