How long is safe to take tramadol without problems?
I recently had surgery and Im trying to stay away from opiates. So Ive been prescribed tramadol 100mgs twice a day along with taking 500mgs of naproxen. Now Ive taken tramadol in the past for pain and recreational purposes and never had a problem when I stopped but I never took them for too long of a period. My question is being that I have an addictive personality, especially to opiates(norco,oxycontin), how long is it relatively safe for me to take tramadol without becoming addicted or dependent upon them. Ive read some really devastating posts about some serious withdrawls that can happen with tramadol. I absolutely need something for pain for probably atleast 2-3wks, can anyone give me some sort of timeline that is acceptable to take tramadol. My doctor did warn me that they can be habit forming like regular opiates, but it seemed like he didnt take tramadol as serious as say vicodin, percocet etc. If anyone has any alternative ideas for short term pain control Im all ears. This is my 2nd day taking tramadol and I do not want to develop another addiction. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.
If you take it for 2 or three weeks you will go threw WD when you go off them .I would not take them more then 7 days and yes they are very addicting and wd is worse then narco .Personally knowing what I know I would not risk it but that is up to you .
Well thats what I was worried about, its crazy how casual or naive doctors are about tramadol. Thanks for the info avisg Im going to take your advice and try to keep it under a week. I would much rather have the pain then go through any degree of w/d's. If I run into any problems I'll be back to bug you...lol...talk to ya later.
LOL you will be ok just as soon as you can can over to just the naproxen.If you have any qestions feel free to ask .
avis :)