Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How many days does Valium stay in your urine?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I've been going to a methadone clinic for 6yrs. I have been addicted to opiates for many, many yrs and I'm 37yrs old. I also have hep c and have been taking treatments for this, so my liver doesnt metabolize ANYTHING like it should anyway. One of the many side effects of those trreatments is depression. I havent seen a doc yet that was methadone "friendly", so I havent tried to get any anti anxiety meds. Most wont give it to u knowing you are on methadone. So on Nov.12 of this year I took 1, 10mg valium. This past Monday Dec.5th I had to take a drug screen. It came up positive for benzos(Valium,Xanax,etc...). They do not tolerate u taking benzos and methadone,b/c obviously it is extremely dangerous. So they dropped me from 150mgs to 70mgs, which will for sure put me in withdrawal within the next 2days. I told the doctor it had been almost a month ago since I had taken this valium, and he might as well as called me a liar. We all know being drug addicts predisposes us to be liars also. I am soooo pissed b/c I REALLY  havent taken a valium since that date. So my question is just how long is a valium in your urine or in your blood?
Was the valium prescribed by another doctor?
google it.
this is a substance ABUSE forum.  We dont really answer questions like this.  This info is all over the web...its not had to find the answer

Good Luck!

also, why are you taking "anti anxiety meds" for depression? Its doesnt really work like that.

And just an FYI- my husband DIED from mixing very small amounts of methadone & xanax.  V E R Y dangerous!!!
OK.......Yes this is a substance abuse forum.....what does that have to do with my question. I honestly wanted to know. I am a grown woman, Ive been the addict for years. For the past 6yrs I have completely turned my life around, for me methadone was the way. I cant say that for everyone. I can only speak for myself. But that is not what my question was. I took ONE valium and it was still in my system almost a month later. And because THIS IS AN ABUSE FORUM I thought maybe someone might know. I wasnt trying to be shady and find a way to "pass" a urine screen that I really couldnt pass. So where all that came from Im not sure. Oh and for the person that ask if the valium was prescribed by a doctor, yes it was. I have never liked valium--even when I was in full blown addiction. The treatments I take made me very depressed and I had anxiety. So it was prescribed to me and I took one......so I guess I will google it....
If you look in the welcome thread at the top there are guidelines about these type of questions.  
hey girlee if you got the valum from a legitimate script tell your consular at the clinic
they dont consider it dirty urine if you have a script for it....bring in the bottle with you
they will make a copy and keep it in your records...at least thats the way it works
in phx az....dont panic till you try this...I think all will be fine after you take this rout
good luck and god bless Gnarly  
Sara is correct we don't answer questions regardless the reasons about how long drugs stay in your system .They are written in the forum guidelines I am sorry if you found this offensive . I believe our community Leader Saras message was to let you know in no way shape or form to upset you .Feel free to IM you if you would like

Avis