Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How many soma's is to many to take? My husband pulled his back ou...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How many soma's is to many to take? My husband pulled his back out

It' s really bad.  He also smokes a ton of pot all the time. It's the dank iti dank.....  Does soma interact with any other drug in a bad way?

Charlie
Hi!

If he is taking more than he is prescribed, than it is a problem.

Is he obtaining these legally or on the streets?
I personally got them off the internet..  I have them at the house but don't take them unless I have have bad cramps....  He is in pain.  He can't get up and is moaning...  He refuses to go to the doc. so I said " hey I have a muscle relaxer, do you want that"  He isn't sure so I posted...

Well hun, I don't know what to tell you.

You purchased them illegally. You offered them to him. Not good ideas.

If he has legitimate pain then he needs to see a doctor.
Duuuhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He won't go to the doctor and we can't get to a doctor right now.  I'm not here to be lectured. I want some support....  
Duuuuhhhh.that was not a lecture. It was the truth. I don't know what you want people to say. How about you hang out and see if anyone else answers your post.

Theres an old saying about Soma   "Soma Coma" and for good reason...........
and yes it is and can be very dangerous to mix Somas with other meds........

Somas are very strong  muscle relaxers...be careful.........
You're funny.  I was being sarcastic.  It's in my nature and nobody really seems to get my sense of humor.  I have Asperger's syndrome.  My three year old son has it too.  
Do you know how many a normal dose would be for a male adult?  If he would let me I would be on the phone calling the doc.
google it .. see what it says the normal dose is .. usually its one every 6-8 hrs but like beach said if he's on other meds, it could cause a serious interaction ... what's asperger's syndrome ... and don't tell me to google it ... lol...
Call the local pharmacy
Its a form of autism
It's high functioning autism.  My IQ is between 150 and 155.  Google it.  I've spent my entire life wondering why everyone was so much dumber than me.  Now we are seeking therapy.

To get back to the soma.  My husband wouldn't take one.  He is lucky in my book!  It's rough being an addict.  

Charlie
i just 'googled' it ... thanks!  
well you have a great sense of humor i might add .. i hope you don't mind me asking, what type of therapy will you be doing and how did they diagnose it? the reason i'm asking, is cuz i DID google it .. and some of what it said makes me wonder if my nephew has it, w/some of the signs i read .. hill .. peace!
It's a social disorder.  Many different people may touch to much or be to introverted.  They may make friend easily but soon are rejected because of social awkwardness.  Some may come across as a weird-o  and some may be thought of as a snob...  Most Aspi's are attractive people.   We are so missunderstood.  I was shy...  To shy...  Not looking people in the eye unless forced.  Social integration disorder is something that most cant relate to.  Loud noises, bright lights, sesitive touch were magnified.  Everything is harder.  
I was obsessed with nature.  As a child, I would disapear and my parents would find me basking in the kentucky field with over a hundred caterpillars covering my body.  It was obsessive.  
I always was a great problem solver.  However, I did it my way.  I remember in third grade figuring out a mathematic question. The teacher was amazed that I knew it so quickly!
When she asked me to explain how I got to the answer she was perplexed.  Everyone has a different view on life.  What untill you pass jugement..  That's my best advice.  
So to get back to the point, does anyone have any suggestion for getting through and alcohol detox alone?  Should I give hubby a soma for his back.  He clearly isn't going to the doc tonight..

Charlie
The only reason I knew what it was it a girl on this seasons Top Model has it..
I too got them off the net. If you read their disclosures and legalities it says it IS legal to buy them. There are of course certain drugs that arent legal to buy on the net. But 1 every 6-8 hours but personally, for me, it takes two.
oh yea and when i was drinking, soma hit me much harder. mixing those two are like mixing benzos and wine and then you end up sleeping with your neighbors cousin. ooops!
LOL.LOL. Bettie, I need that today! Sorry to post that in someone else's thread, but it made me laugh.
First of all soma is a very dangerous muscle relaxer, but should you should not be taking more than 1 tablet 3 times daily  
I do apologize if I came off a little nutty. I am a little nutty.

Seriously, I get so worried when I see people buying medications on the net, especially if they are unfamiliar with the pharmacy. I have heard horror stories of people who ended up hospitalized because the meds contained some foreign substance. If you are obtaining them from a legit pharmacy on the net, then good..and it should have instructions for dosage.

Hope all is well.
all the ones ive ever ordered (even foreign) have the instructions as well as side effects papers with them.
thanks guys.  He actually went to the doc today and they gave him flexeral.  

Charlie