Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How to deal with the emotional stuff

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How to deal with the emotional stuff

I am on day 1 of coming of hydro's in the last 2 1/2 weeks I took over 150 of them.  I just had surgery back in May and a week later my youngest daughter dropped off her two kids ages 1 and 2/1/2 for me to take care of.  I have had then non stop for the past 7 weeks I never got a chance to recover from my surgery.  Also it has taken a toll on my marriage ( they are from my first marriage).  I felt when I took the pills I could conquer anything I had energy, I could deal with the kids and all of that.  Without them I feel like I cant do anything, it is only day one and I have cried most of the day already, my mind starts wondering if I should give the kids to foster care and then I cry somemore for having those thoughts.  How long does this depression last, I started Effexor last week, I know it takes a while for it to get into your system.  I just want my life back and not with pills I know deep down they are not the answer at all buy my mind and body says they are..  I just need help...
It will get better with time.  Trust me.  I'm 5 days in and feel better.  Still have an upset stomach and super tired, but hey it could be worse.  Hang in there!  We are all here for you.
Is your daughter giving up her kids? Have you seen her? First thing, if its possible, you need to make her come help you with those kids. If not her, can someone else come help you? I just detoxed and I'm telling you, you need help for the first week or so. It's all you can handle to take care of yourself let alone 2 very small children. If I waited until a good time to detox, I would still be using right now so you did good taking that first step and quitting the pills. You're just gonna need a little help over the next week. After day 4 or 5, depending how long you were using, you will be able to start functioning again but for 3-4 days, you gotta do things that make you feel better..... drink lots of water and gatorade, take vitamins and supplements.... sit in a hot tub or a hot bath.... I went swimming because where I live it's like 115 degrees outside and sitting in the house only made me more uncomfortable. I got a massage- note- if you do this, don't tell the massage therapist unless it's someone you know and you're sure they won't judge cause I told my massage therapist and it CLEARLY made her uncomfortable. She didn't want to finish the massage. So, if you get a massage, just don't say anything and you can enjoy it without the judgement. Also, when you think you can't stand it anymore, hop on here.... the people on this forum are awesome and they will help you every step of the way. I'm on day 6!  
L tyrosine is really helpful for the tiredness/malaise.... u can get it at GNC. I start with 2 pills in the morning and in the afternoon I usually take 2 more.
Love my Ltyrosine!!
It didn't work for me. Gave me the runs. Taurine works better and is also an amino. Anyone know the difference. I take 1 a day and vit B12.
Thanks everyone for your replys.  No I dont have anyone to help me with the kids, my daughter is just out doing her thing.  I considered going into an inpatient 30 treatment place by I dont know what would happen to the kids... I can not stand the thought of them going into foster care and being seperated that would really send me over the edge.  I started Effexor last week I know it take at least 6 to 8 weeks to start working.  It is this delibitating depression that is killing me, I dont have it with the pills therefore I take the pills..but that has to stop and this is day 2.