Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
How to overcome vicodin addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How to overcome vicodin addiction

How do you grow a set and finally stop? ive been doing thid for way too long. i see the poeple i talked to a month ago on here when i started all clean for 30 days now. all ive done is got more pills. its always on my mnd where will i get my next pill? even the day i get a full bottle of 60 im worried ill be out soon..then what? i give you all credit. i was clean for a few months a year ago...since then im worse then i ever was. i used to be able to deal with going a day or 2 without my pills...now theres no way...i get them some how. im so sick of this secret life i live. life is hard enough...with an addiction like this...its like what gives!i want to stop...but i love the high...when i didnt take too many and im sick to my stomach! ughhhhhh!

what made you breakdown and stop? when you no you have everything to live for...why is this so hard?
Tags: pills
Everyone has their own breaking point. I was starting to loose my hearing and my memory was a joke. But mostly the counting pills and where to get them and fear of running out was making me crazy.

So i made a list of all the reasons i was taking them besides to not go into withdrawl (withdrawal).

Then i dealt with each of them.

My job was too hard to do without pills, so i quit it.

Got a divorce because i was not happy for years and years.

Moved to a better climate and happier place. 2,000 miles away. It helped alot with my back pain to move here.

So quitting is one thing. But sometimes we have to make changes so that we do not fall back into all the reasons we started to use in the first place.

I weaned for 1 month and quit. With the changes i had made it was actually doable this time. 10 months clean now.
hello. unfortunately everyone has a different bottom. for me (and most people i know), it had to get pretty bad. my life revolved around changing the way i felt for years. during this time i have seen things and been places that most people would think to themselves, "if it got that bad, i'd stop." but that isn't necessary for all who try. i am just as capable of returning to that life of misery as anyone. but i try to stack the odds in my favor today. i stay away from anyone or anyplace that is likely to be using, buying or selling. i try to stay close to people who are serious about recovery. i remember how bad it can get, and i haven't forgotten how to pray. oxycontin was my best friend to the tune of 600-800 mg a day as was alcohol. my best friend almost killed me and i saw it kill others, only after it took away their dreams, relationships and dignity and reduced them to empty shells of what they once were.  all of us board the runaway train of addiction the same, only to find that if we stay too long we pay with our freedom, sanity and lives. you can do this. and when you fall don't give up. get back on your feet and do it until you begin to see for yourself what's at stake. take care---gm
Oh Hunny-Bun:)  you do not need to grow a set of *****, just educate yourself and most likely the fear of what's happening to your insides will be enough motivation.  Research longterm effects of opioids, acetaminophen, and even withdrawal syndrome and you will see that you have no choice but to quit.  Another thing, If you ever have an accident or need surgery, it will be difficult for them to relieve your pain without killing you.  Try to imagine a painful injury or surgery and having only aspirin to cope.  I assume you are female which denotes even more injury to your endocrine and hormonal system.  Natural endorphins, serotonin, etc. are not working properly in your body and will take time and hard work to heal.  It is possible to exhaust your adrenal glands and then you are totally screwed and taking hormone therapy for the rest of your life.  Balls are helpful, but fear can be a great motivator.  I don't want you to panic, but I do want you to KNOW for sure what can and is happening with every synthetic narcotic (especially if it is combined with acetominaphen) you take.  Withdrawing does not have to be torturous, with a plan, a doctor, and some supportinve non-addictive meds, it is a realistic expectation that you WILL succeed.  Love and hugs to my Irish Sista:)
"all of us board the runaway train of addiction the same, only to find that if we stay too long we pay with our freedom, sanity and lives."

Now thats too the point! Excellent Boogieman, excellent.

peace
-Dez