ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
How to tell if someone is shooting up roxicodone
by richsgurl, Aug 29, 2009
What are some signs i can look for to see if my b/f is shooting up. I recently found some things that lead me to believe he might be. But what can i look at ( like hjis arm ) to see if he is. What would the arm look like? Could there be just a small pimple like scar or would there definetly be a bruise (markings?)?  Where are the major spots he might shoot up.. any info you have to help me look on him (not supplies needed cuz obviously we know what that would look like) to see if he is would help me because i need to stop this if its happening or we are done... Thank you

Member Comments (20)
by avisg, Aug 29, 2009
It would look like your skin does when you get a shot or an IV.Somebody does not have to just shoot up in there arm there many places they can shoot up .Are the any bruising on his arms ?
by worried878, Aug 30, 2009
depends on how much he shoots up/rather how often...if someone has to work there r veins all over the body to use..even in the feet etc....most ften a person will use their arms...there will be like track marks if a vein has been used alot..it will become hardened and it appears almost scar like but linear like a vein is....a person who shoots often will use the easy veins up so they have to start looking round the rest of the body..if he does it only on occasion then one vein will last a long time so u would not be able to tell unless u checked his arm within 24 hrs or so after he shot up...most common vein a junkie uses is his antecubital vein///the inner part of the elbow as it is a large vein for most/and not painful..others use their hands which are usually very noticeable cos as a rule it can blow the vein and it also hurts in the hand so most avoid the hand...the forearm is another place...also some have good veins in their tricep area..i do not shoot up LOL...but i am a nurse and have started a ton of IVs and drawn tons of blood from people so i know where to look..i also know when people have calcified their veins...they r hard as a rock and basically not functional  
by richsgurl, Aug 30, 2009
ok this might sound dumb but i think i've seen this track mark.. i really didn't get to look long since to me i feel like he's not really letting me look.. i saw something that looked strange on his arm and when i went to grab his arm he kinda played it off saying it happened at work awhile ago and kinda pulled it away.. lol.. damn it.. but what i kinda thought i got to see was like a small popped pimple kinda look (lol u know.. when you pop a pimple, small but what would look like to be where the needle went it) and then i saw a line going sorta going up from where the elbow on the inside bends and it kinda looked like a long thin scab look.. does this sound like what your saying. My stomach is turning  :(
by richsgurl, Aug 30, 2009
i didn't get a great look but i don't think so... but i saw something that looked strange on his arm and when i went to grab his arm he kinda played it off saying it happened at work awhile ago and kinda pulled it away.. lol.. damn it.. but what i kinda thought i got to see was like a small popped pimple kinda look (lol u know.. when you pop a pimple, small but what would look like to be where the needle went it) and then i saw a line going sorta going up from where the elbow on the inside bends and it kinda looked like a long thin scab look..
by sway1, Aug 30, 2009
when someone has access to fresh needles and decent veins they can shoot for a long time as long as they know what they are doing.in most cases thought, a right handed person will shoot in the crook of their left arm and vice versa. trust your instincts. good luck. sway
by daisy699, Aug 30, 2009
i can tell you from experience ( i was an IV user 88 days ago) And you sound right on : ( You described pretty much exactly what a fresh and few day old tack looks like..Good Luck
by ohshoot22, Mar 16, 2010
Tonight I was with my boyfriend and I tried to take his shirt off, but he was very hesitant.  Then after a while of him being shirtless I caught a glimpse of his arms and noticed the same thing that richsgurl was describing.  there were two dots on his veins and then one scab going along another vein and then on his right arm there was one dot.  I, stupidly, accused him of shooting up and he got really red and denied it and just kept saying 'i cant believe you would think that'.  I have no idea what to do because my gut is telling me that he is shooting up but I really do not want to ruin my relationship by pushing the matter.  And now thinking about it lately when we have had sex he turns the lights off, which he never used to do, and he sleeps in long sleeve shirts.  please help.
by Sketchy406, Apr 12, 2010
i suspect my boyfriend is shooting up...i dont know what he may be shooting...but other than track marks what are some other signs of shooting up to help me identfy this problem?
by smedvi, Oct 07, 2010
mark is shooting up
*****