Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Hunger
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hunger

my tummy is rumbling for the first time in months!  fourth day of sobriety...what a feeling to be hungry for food again and not hydro-sh*t-done!  yay!

this is a good sign, right?
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
VERY GOOD SIGN....For me, i barly ate while using...Had no appeitite...When that comes back you are doing good...Just try not to eat to many things that can upset your stomach...FOOD SMELLS SO GOOD NOW!!  ALONG WITH EVERYTHIGN ELSE...
GREAT JOB!!!
Blank
Bagel and cream cheese, BIG OJ...man!   good stuff...

on smells...did the drugs kill that for a while, I seem to smell more now...
Blank
406584_tn?1399591666
Drugs diminish everything about us... Congrats on day 4 whoo hoo ...
Blank
peace and thanks...the food today is sooooo goooooooooood....i love food...
Blank
For me it killed the smell of everything...I remember when my hubby cut the grass one day , and i was like wow!!  I have always loved that smell...Flowers, food, even my kids...I would hug them after a bath, but after i got clean i would hug them for much longer, because they just had this wonderfull smell...ARe sense come back...All the way to sex...
r2r
Blank
yer awesome...the food was good, my hands are cold!
Blank
338939_tn?1291346760
In August I weighed 83lbs. I stopped using Sept. 5th. I weighed yesterday and I now weigh 108lbs. I've gained 25lbs. I feel fat even though I'm not. But yes, drugs of all kinds curve the appetite and how food tastes and smells. Keep on keeping on and eat and eat. Drugs deplete our bodies of the nutrients we need and even if you are not skin and bones, you're probably malnourished in one way or another. Glad you're getting better. Chin up..its a great ride to the top.

Peace and Love,

Carrie
Blank
You guys are awesome, again...thanks for the good words...food is good now.  I have been taking multi vitamins and all that too...I really thing that has helped speed up recovery...
Blank
306455_tn?1288865671
Have you ever seen that Claridan commercial? Where everything is kinda foggy, then the lady says "now I'm Claridan clear" and they peel the foginess away. I think of getting clean every time I see that commercial, because evrything does get clearer. Not just sight, but smell, Taste, feel and emotions...all the senses.
I remember how good the air smelled and how blue the sky looked.
Enjoy it ! It's like coming out of a coma.
Congrats on 4 days !
Keep it up!
Blank
498385_tn?1362453004
Congrats on the 4days clean!!. Talk about hunger, I am clean for a bit and that is still my favorite subject! I wake up and eat and then already thinking what I am having for dinner lol. Take it easy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...