Hydrocodone addiction
I have been taking prescription drugs off and on for over 13  years. Some for depression some for chronic pain. Mostly pain meds. When I first found this website I was really relieved that I was not the only one with this problem. I have been on every pain med that you can think of. The last year was really bad.I was doing everything I could to get these meds. I started out with a real problem with chronic pain. Then It went alot farther than just using the pills for pain. I have been off the meds for over three weeks and I am still going through the withdrawls. I need the pain meds for a real medical reason but I dont want them to get "high" anymore. Where do I draw the line between the two?? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank's!

hi friends!  new kid on the block here. i would like to say that i am on my 3rd day of sobriety and i almost feel as though it has been too easy with the withdrawls.  i truly feel as though i wanted and needed so badly to stop my 16-20 hydrocodone a day habit that i have been involved with for the past 2 years.  i am not new to this message board.  i have been following closely for sometime now and have been given so much knowledge and strenght just from reading other peoples stories..  we are very lucky to have this refuge.  i owe alot of my WILL from all of you and i thank you.  my testamony is a long one, but my pain is real.  i plan on contacting all my doctors on Monday and telling them to never prescribe ANY type of opiate to me again, this also is going to be told to my dentist where my love for vicodin began.  

well i just wanted to say Hi and thank you from someone whos been watching from the sidelines.  this post is kinda hazy so forgive me.  very tierd.  my prayers will continue to each and everyone of you!
Hi there... I am so worried... I have been clean for 1 month now. I use to take Vicodin ES and Soma. I did go to 2 different doctors and one of them pulled out my history and saw that I kept getting those pills on a regular basis... One of the doctor sent a letter to my insurance saying that I was getting drugs illegally... (I did not know it was a felony and he is the ONE who prescribed them to me). I want to know what is going to happen? I am a single mother and I can not afford to get in trouble. Please let me know what I should be doing...
I got your post and I need more info. regarding your visits.

What were you seeing the 2 doctors for, if it's any of my business at all. Don't get me wrong, I am not a doctor, I'm just looking at the legitimacy of your visits. Only you know that.

As to the physician reporting to your insurance company about you illegally obtaining prescriptions, what did he base that on. Did he see that you were seeing another doctor simultaneously for the same complaints and getting painkillers from that doctor too. Maybe that is how he came to that conclusion.

If you can give me more details, maybe I can answer more clearly. One suggetsion that I would make is to ask a pharmacist that you feel comfortable with about your states prescription drug laws. I will almost bet that all states run along the same lines in terms of wording and meaning. Maybe just differences in penalties. Drop me a line.

JR.~
Thanks for your post... Well, my first doc was my MD. Pain killers were for endimitriosis (female stuff) and migraines. The other one was an ostheopath. He was working on my back and neck because I carry my stress there. I also had a "small" car accident (I do have the claim #) and popping my back was helping. He is the one who wrote the letter.... Now, my regular MD, who has been my doc for 7 years does not want to see me again. I am so disapointed... I am clean now. I thought that they would give me a second chance. Anyway, to get back to the subject, I am hoping that I am ok... What are your thoughts on that? Thanks again for posting. F
Interesting name. Is it because you are French?

Based on what you are telling me I don't believe anything is going to happen. I am still puzzled as to why your MD dropped you just because you were seeing a D.O.. How many scripts did you get between the 2? Were you getting multiples from one over the other? Or were you going back and forth between the 2 regularly getting scripts for pain meds. Sorry I ask so many questions but I know that you want answers and I need all of the info. Were there anymore doctors involved besides your MD and the D.O.? I am here to help if I can. I was wondering what happened to you. I am glad you're back. I am here for you.

In Christ's love, JR.~
Thank you for your post. Well, my MD was giving me about 30 vicodin es and soma every 10 days and I was going to the OD once a month to have my back popped (after a small car wreck) and he gave me 30 vicodin and 100 somas. The doctors did not know what I was doing... I first went to have my back worked on without asking for pills and he is the one who offered. Of course, I did not say no... trust me! One of the problem is that I still have back pain, headaches and have to deal with endimitriosis (female problem..already had 3 surgeries, another to come within 6 months). I beleive that ALL my doc (includind my dentist and OB) are aware of what I did which makes it really tough for me to face them. I just feel angry because they got me addicted (but I have been clean for one month today) but are not willing to face the circumstances. Also, there is a reason why I was taking those pills. Granted, I abused them. However, I am now ready to be careful and just use them as needed. I wrote a letter to my MD (and dropped it off at his office last nigth) telling him that I would not lie or abuse the pills but I did need them for what he diagnosed me with. We will see what happens. I asked him to give me a call... What do you think of all that? To answer your question, yes I am french. Use to live in Paris for over 20 years. I have been here for 7. Married an american but my husband passed away 3 years ago. I am now a single mother of a 4 year old son. Things have been pretty tough! I hope you are doing good. Thank you again for your support and your help. I look forward to your post. : )

F
Hi Lanas,

Thank you for your kind words. This draws me closer and closer to each of you. Yes, I still get cravings especially when I know the availability of the Vic's out there. There may always be the craving but at least I have something to weigh it against. I am 284 days clean and as I said before, with all of the life that is in me, I WILL NOT GO BACK. I read some of the posts about having been clean for all of those years and relapsing. I am just as prone as anyone else. It could happen. But I look at it like this. If I go into that yard and that dog bites me and does everytime that I go in eventually I hope that I get the idea not to go back in. I have no desire to go back. I have already lost my career and had to start another long trek towards a retirement. I nearly lost my family and it is only by Gods' grace that I did not. There is no doubt that I was tempting death as well. I take it one day at a time. I don't want to know about tomorrow, only that I am alive today, thanks to Gods' grace and mercy, my family, and friends like you. The education that I am getting from you all is priceless! I too, am here for you. Let me know how I can help you. I'm here.

In His Love, JR.~
Well I am certainly glad to know you Frenchee.

My Mother in Law is from Northern france, Marle to be more exact and her god-daughter still lives in Paris or right outside, in what I think is Orleans(SP?). Anyhow, I am sooo sorry to hear about your husband passing away and now it is just you and your 4 year old. I will certainly be praying for all of your needs to be met and if I can help you in anyway, please let me know.

I thought that this, your explanation of the doctors and the scripts, might have been like you explained. I can see why they did what they did. It's not only an issue of getting the scripts but it is  trust issue with them. If you stop and think about it, they did not know that you were getting the scripts from each of them, thus had they known, they surely would not have given you any more. You see, DEA will come in and audit doctors on the number of scripts that they are writing to look not only for compliance but to see if they are carlessly supplying people with scheduled drugs. I too felt that doctors were responsible for my addiction, at first, but when the one doesn't know that the other is prescribing also, what can we expect. I know that I did not have to take those pills although my mind and body were telling me I had to have them. My counselor from when I first entered rehab, did make the statement after reviewing my record, that it did appear to him that the doctors did "enable" my addiction much further than it should have gone.

Regardless, You now know that you can't see multiple doctors and get multiple scripts all in the same time frame. I am so glad that you are clean now for the past month. I hope that your sights remain on life without pain meds. If you were miserable in your addiction, then think about how you are coming out of the haze and how physically(without the pills) you now feel.

You may have to get a new physician because based on what you have told me, I don't think you'll get much response from your old one. I could be toally wrong. But in the event that you do get anotherr Doctor, establish a good rapport with him/her and tell him/her about your past. He/she will help you maintain. I am here for you and hope that I can help in any way that I possibly can. I had a good friend in the Marine Corps that married a french lady in Italy, where we were stationed, and he brought her back to the states about 20 years ago. You just reminded me of that.

In Christ's love, JR.~
Hi All. I don't know if JF is reading today, but I wanted to address the cancer thing and why I was read the riot act. I was doc. hopping BEFORE they found my cancer. I didn't know I was doc. hopping- only in retrospect do I realize that. I too had really legit pain, but the doc.s didn't know about each other. Honestly, I didn't know the problems were all related. I know now.
Why should you stop- even if you NEED 'em, because it's gotta end sometime. I am watching my mother(56) and long time AA member, see I come by it honestly, who NEEDs dope and it just gets stronger, and stronger, and you're number and number, then you're in line at the methadone clinic. Doctor's don't give a rats **s if you're suffering! It's all about CYA and I know it. While doc. hopping, not all of them gave me dope. I had OBVIOUS symptoms, and would cry in pain, and they said, "hot bath, tylenol, etc." They weren't gonna give controled Rxs. Frenchee, it's VERY DOUBTFUL he'll give you dope now. If he did- that's malpractice potential as he's enabling, & reinforcing what has been considered an addiction. He's not gonna risk his license or practice. I would tell him you're getting help, and leave it at that...Jail SUCKS and lawyers are REALLY expensive ( i know) That is just what I think, I am not you, others will have their opinion as well, I'm sure.
As far as going back to the doc.s that got THE LETTER, I've done it. I didn't say anything. If they took my appt. they must believe I've got it covered. I went back to my otolarogist (tonssil doc., that's how this **** began- tonsilectomy in 2000) I love my dentist and feel bad that I got SO MUCH dope from him, and I've been back there too. Go to whoever you value as a doc. don't see them as a source.
They'll either accept your appt. or deny it. You hold your head up high and take care of yourself.

Your story could be me... me about a year from now if I'm not careful.  I started out with lortab after surgery--knee surgery that had to be repeated three times over a year.  After the third, I literally went 6 months only taking one a day.  Then I didn't take any for quite some time--perhaps 1-2 years.  Then it just started--it was like I went from nothing to loving them.  I have no doubt that if I could find the source, I would easily be at 15 a day, but I have (fortunately) not been that "lucky."  I have a doc that was giving them to me and then my pharmacist tipped him off that I was using 30 a week; it was like my doc didn't quite realize it.  So, after 4 months of getting up to 30 a week, I have none.  Haven't since Monday.  I do have ultram, though, and it has been keeping the worst withdrawal symptoms away, though I know I've got to stop it ASAP b/c I will go through withdrawal from it as well.  (I have before).   Your story is extremely good for me to hear, though, because it truly sounds very similar to how I am "evolving" in my addictions as well.  Thanks for helping me to keep my head on straighter.  I could not agree with you more; I have silently read posts on this forum and find the compassion to be astounding, not to mention just really really helpful.
HI Frenchee!  I could not agree more with Ketta--no matter what happens with your doc--hold your head high.  We'll talk (as you know).
JR--you seem incredibly knowledgable, and forgive me, where are you in terms of the addiction?  It seems you're free of the stuff, though still fighting the "need."  You have some wonderful thoughts too.  As I said to CATUF above, the compassion is a life-saver.
Hello All.  I've been "lurking" here without saying anything since 2/13, which was my first day out. I'm now at day 23 and feeling much better than I have in some time.  No doubt part of that is that I'm eating on a regular basis (what a concept), getting 7+ hours of sleep a night (instead of 3 to 5) and hitting the gym several times a week.

On the one hand, I'm not quite sure how I got here.  On the other, it's painfully obvious.

About 5 years ago I suffered a fairly severe injury that required surgery to repair breaks in my facial structure.  I remember being driven home the next day and really enjoying the feeling from the percocet.  I just felt good all over.  Happy.  Pleased to be with everyone and enjoying the (new found) beauty in everyone and everything.  

For the next 2 years, I used lesser versions (darvocet, mainly) from time to time.  An evening here, a week end there.  Maybe a few days in a row on a script for a back pain flair up.  Wasn't a problem.

The next year there was someone supplying about 30 darvocets a month.  Still wasn't a problem.  I'd go for more than a few days at a time with them, but they'd run out after 5 or 6 days and there would be no more until the next month.  By then I'd have more than recovered from the week on that was then 3+ weeks in the past.  I remember that source dried up 100% and I just thought "well, that's too bad -- but it's probably for the best anyway," but it was no big deal.  For the next 6 months I
JF, just out of curiosity how much time clean do you have?  I am not asking this to be judgemental in anyway.  Just wondering how much sobriety your power has gotten you.  You know powerlessness is not weakness. It may be that power is. I see many recovering in 12 step programs with awesome years of sobriety - in the decades. I'm not saying there isn't more than one way to do it, it's just that whenver anyone mentions AA or NA, you come back with a post about how much power you have so maybe you can relate how that power has helped you achieve your sobriety.  I know I can relate how my powerlessness has helped me acheive mine.
Hi Ketta,

You addressed a post to me and I am not sure why - did I comment on anther thread? So, I will try and address some of the issues in this thread.  I agree with you about Dr. shopping, it is a dead end. And, although I don't know if this is related, I also agree with you about holding your head up high when you visit a doctor. If you have pain, even if you are or are not an addict, you have rights as a patient and should be treated decently. Pain requires treatment, as does addiction. And any way one gets clean is a good way as long as it does not harm anybody, no one process works for every one. Addicts also vary - many are very powerful and can recover without support groups, many are powerless and need support groups. It is important that people retain their dignity when they decide to become clean and recovery is a two way street
From reading another thread, it seems you had a career that was ruined by this stuff.  Well, I am in a similar line of work and have made myself well aware of the laws, and it IS felony convictions that await someone caught-- "dr. shopping" (which is what it is referred to where I am).  It is even more simple than that--you do not tell one doctor you are seeing another and if both are prescribing scheduled drugs, BINGO! You've committed a felony offense! Now, how often are these people caught and/or prosecuted?  I am not sure, but I do know it is happening at times.  Seems more people are caught "doctoring" scripts...  So far, I have done neither (and losing my license and therefore my job has so-far helped prevent me)... but I know the next few days are going to be maddening.  No vic since Monday and now I am out of ultram (dr. did not refill).  I'm so dreading it and I have had so many thoughts on HOW to get more!!  But you're tale hit me where my money is (and my passion) so I'm starting to rethink.  If I don't try a different dr. tomorrow, then I will HAVE to get through the weekend--scares the h*** out of me.  I am very spiritual (I must pray ten times a day) but haven't been able to turn that direction easily the past few days.  Suggestions?
Day 25 (nice to put that diagonal mark on the 5th group of tics).  Seems easy to stay away from buying a large batch, but I keep being sorely tempted to get "just a few."  It almost seems to make sense, because I never got in trouble with just a few & I know they'd make me "feel like a new man."  I also know, however, that the first thing the "new man" would want is a few more, a few more, just a few more after that, and then just a few so I could get through work on Monday without feeling bad.  I also know that the feeling of wanting the first just a few will pass fairly easily, but the feeling of wanting just a few MORE wouldn't........ Hope everyone has a good weekend.

CATUF
Hey Man,

It is good to hear that you holding on. I know what you mean about "just a few". After having been using for awhile, there is no more "just a few." I can tell you right now that if I ever go back it won't be at a 2 or 1 at a shot start. I'll go right back to 8 at a time. There is no starting over. Our brains have that memory of that euphoric feeling. I can say this though, my euphoria was gone even though I was taking 8 at a time. The only thing that I was acheiving was a sure trip to the morgue. Man, there is nothing back there and I think that you know it.

Another little tidbit of info: Doctors look for the friday evening after 4pm visits by "seekers" looking to get through the weekend. Everything that we have done as addicts was perfected long ago by our predecessors. My doctors knew about every excuse and every ending sentence after each of my visits which was "Can you give me something for pain?" You don't need it. Yeah, I could justify in my mind how much pain I was in at the time but to quote my counselor when I first entered rehab was this:" I know that you have pain whether it is real or perceived, it's real to you." Don't get me wrong. I know that there are many of you out on the forum that have REAL PAIN due to disease and various other REAL MALADIES. That seems to be the catch 22 of it all. DO I WANT PAIN OR THE MISERY OF THIS ADDICTION THAT HAS RESULTED? Man what a quandry. I wish I had the answers. I don't. I only know what I NEED for my life and what I WISH for you all out there.  

I am here to listen and help if I can. WE all are. I Thank God each day for each of you. Maybe in all of this brainstorming we do from day to day, we can eventually come up with some solutions. Or maybe we can do enough to just make it day by day. Each day holds enough to deal with. Either way, we are in it together. It took me to go outside of myself after hitting that brick wall at 100 mph. I am not strong, I just know where I want to be.(Now.) It is the strength that I draw from my faith in God and the wisdom that I gain through each of you that keeps things in perspective. I am here for you.

IN HIS LOVE, JR.
how i admire you!  you, i believe are stronger than you know.  i definitly do not want to get on a pedestal here and preach, but i have NO doubt that the last few weeks of my life have been God given.  i prayed for God to intervene, that i will accept his Will in whatever it would take to stop me from grabbing handfuls of Vicodin a day.  within a week He answered me... when i tried to get my 260 pills filled two weeks early(which i did every month) the pharmacy caught on and called my doctor which would not refill it that soon....  when the girl at the pharmacy told me that they wouldnt release the meds i almost fell to my knees with relief.... i knew without a doubt that i had been heard.  i welcomed my journey into withdrawls, and each day of being clean.  JR, i can relate to your faith, it is my each breath these days...  9 days without as of today...  even went to Disneyland...  aches and all...  was a beautiful, warm, fun day, and i wasn't screwed up! felt so so good....  God is awesome!!!!  God is so strong, and the driving force in each day for me now...  Because He lives......  stars
JR - two things about your post I appreciate, we are all in this together, those of us who have subustance abuse problems.

I also appreciate you focusing on the now. For years I considered my drug abuse too big to get my arms around. I looked down the road, how could I deal with work, friends, and a basic sense of loss due to many loved ones who died and a lack of faith in any thing in life. It was all too much to think about. Once a therapist told me something, she said you can't solve the whole future, you can only deal with today and whether or not you are going to stop abusing drugs, draining the life out of your soul and your family. It seemed so simple and so self apparent, but something clicked when she said that. All of a sudden I new the battle with the dragon was right now. And right now is more than enough to handle.

JF
hi my friend....  thank you as always for your support and kind words..  i look at everyday as a new day, but i also allow myself time alone each day to reflect on the last 3 years.  the evil that hangs among us is strong, and the demons we fight can make us very weak, but i know that GOD is the stronger running force.  talk to you soon JR.....
I am so glad to hear that you are relishing the life through sober eyes. I am so glad to hear that you are realizing that being clean can mean something in our lives. I am SOOO GLAD that your know where your strength comes from. And I say in agreement that God is AWESOME.

Please continue to look up each and every clean and sober day that we are given and remember each and everyone of them. I am really glad that you had such a wonderful day at Disneyland. At least now you are seeing through clean and clear eyes. I am certainly proud of your determination to maintain that sobriety.

Please take it one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow as there is sufficient "evil in the day thereof" I will continue to pray for your daily needs and please keep coming back to the forum and know that we are here for you.

IN HIS LOVE, JR.~
Well Hello My Friend,

It's been a few days but I am home again for the weekend. I don't have the e-mail access where my new job has taken me. I will keep in contact every few days, give or take a couple of days.

Thank you so much for your last post. I am glad to know that you do take time to reflect on things in your life. It sure beats living for the moment, by this I mean the way that we did in trying to figure out where our next batch of pills was going to come from. Whatever it took. We can also take that same philosophy and apply it to our sobriety. Whatever it takes to stay clean today, that's what I am going to do. You know, sometimes we have to "physically flee" from a situation that we are confronted with if that situation is detrimental to our lives. If we know that our sobriety is going to be challenged by the fact that we have an opportunity to get something "for the pain" then we need to RUN away. I emphasize RUN. I can say that now, after not being able to run when I needed to. I did not have it in me or maybe it was more "I did not want to run." Probably the latter one. As I said before, I now have something in my life that is greater than anything that I can be or do. God Almighty. I had to put self away and surrender. Self is destructive, for me anyhow. I thank God daily for this forum and the heart that he has given each of us to be there for one another. No, we are not experts but we do have something to offer one another and that is EXPERIENCE! I am greatful for you, Stars and all others on the forum. I look forward to reading each of the posts from day to day. I, WE are here for you. "And after having done all, STAND." See you soon.

IN HIS LOVE, JR.~
I have had many different DOC's. I was In a Auto Accident And have severe back pain. I have three Blown Disc's. And do to my age there are not as many options to correct then if I was in my mid 30's or so. I have had at least 6,7, Docs and all have even me Vicodin some have not give me as strong of a dose but that just ended up with me taking more of them. So no these are not bootlegs.
Lanas, I identify with you. I read your first post about waiting for the "authorization" from the pharmacy and you'd "be there in 20 minutes..." that's me. I've gone 15 days without too. I still have pain, but suffer. It's the mental games. If I had access to the pills, I doubt I'd be clean 15 days.

Kcaz, did your doc. give you such a Rx and for the length of time? or are these bootleg, etc.? If you had a doc. dole 'em out, they should help you now. Some jerk off said folks should assume the dope is all illegal. In my case, it was given out and taken away by the doc.s. There are a lot of pain mgmt. patients here that offer tons of knowledge on this site. Stay tunned. Ketta
I was wondering this is the first time I have ever used this site. And the only reason I have even looked into anything about Addiction's is because when I was with the mother of My son. Who I am no longer with she thought I had a problem with Vicodin I didn;t ofcorse. But I am starting to see a little problem now seeing that I got a refill 14 days ago of 180, 10/350mg Vicodin's and and they are now gone so I figured it out I have been taking somewhere around 12,13 a day. I have not always taken this many. But seeing that I have not been with my Ex for a little over a year I have prob. been taking to many for a while now. I am 22yr old male and have been taking these Vicodin's for 4 1/2 years now. Along with some muscle relaxers and anti-inflamtory's. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what kinda problems I could be looking at? I never thought is was a big deal but some of the **** I have been reading on this site of people have seizures when they went cold turkey is a little frighting.  Can anyone tell me how common that is> It is the first Time I have heard of it. The problem is I have no problem getting these vicodins that i have been taking. Any help or info would be great thx.........
Can you post a new question so that it would be closer to the top where others are more likely to see it?  You have a very good question and there are many on this site who will be able to help you and who will be more than *willing* to help you!  I too have struggled with vicoprofen and am day 15 clean; but I wasn't into the same numbers you're talking about, though MANY on this site have been (and I only say I wasn't b/c I didn't have the supply others have--believe me, if I could have gotten my hands on them, I have no doubt I would have been taking 50 a day!).  You definitely are right to want some help and to have questions answered; it's a great first step.  Try to post a question and see if you can get it where others are more likely to see it.  I'm just afraid you'll be lost down in this thread...
Yes, you're right--and at the time I made that post, the script was called in and I was there in less than 20 min!  As it is now, I could still probably get a script called in, but have refrained.  I am glad for it; though at times i literally "itch" to do so.  But I have found (through advice on this forum) that if I just wait it out even if for only short periods, it will pass and I can make it.  Then time will pass and eventually the "need" comes again... but again, if I just get through it, again, it will pass.  It does seem to work.  However, I know that there will come a time when I am in great stress and I will make the call.  I worry about that time; but I am hoping that no matter what, I will be strong.  One very good thing I have going for me (depending upon how you look at it) is that I do not have a doctor who is going to give me an unlimited supply--not even close.  I am looking at getting a script for 30 pills and then not another for 3 weeks... so unless I do something illegal, I will have to stay sane about my intake.  Anyway, forgive my rambling...   but sometimes it just feels good.  That's what I love about this forum.  How are you doing?
i too am guilty of dr. hopping - how exactly does one get caught?  do they bust you at the pharmacy, or do the cops just show up at your house?  i am very nervous now at the prospect of felony charges...i didn't know it was illegal - i just thought it was unethical.
many ways to get caught doc hopping- thing is that more and more
states are starting to categorize specific drugs and users in their great big ole databanks-  and doc hops get caught right away-
yep- it can work for awhile, but eventually there will be a price to pay--and i would bet that price is too high
hello, new here,any problems talk to me
hi, i am new here, but i've been through many withdrawls from vicoden, oxycontin and the duragesic patch,i don't know which one was worse. i was in a car accident and broke my back and needless to say i lost my parents in this car accident.suddenly i was on morphine, then to vicoden and oxycotin and to the patch.i was very very depressed and ofcourse i became addicted to these drugs.my nuerosurgeon gave me vicoden and then switched me to a pain specialist who then gave me more meds.then it was the patch, i was suposed to wear one 1-100 but i put on 2 just to fell better, after a while, my back wasn't the problem it was these drugs.i lost about 40pounds on these meds and lost my period.i was picking my skin,going crazy my sister said, i was lost without these meds.finally my family caught on,and they brought ,me to a different pain specialist who was the biggest selfish person i ever met and she said to go cold turkey and that i wouldn't have any withdrawls at all and to work a full-time job and go to school at the same time-what was she thinking!i mean i went through these withdrawls like you wouldn't believe in bed for a month and felt like i was dying.and when i called her to see if this was normal, she said "no!, you shouldn't feel anything at all!,you should be working right now i never heard of what you are feeling-GOODBYE"!!!oh and "please do not call me anymore"!-this is when i was going these terrible withdrawals-i felt even worse to not no better that i should be going through these withdrawals.i never knew that others had gone through the same thing as me, thanks to this website, i do feel alot better now that i know that i am not the only one!i again took these pills- doctors caught on, and stopped this habit of mine,by stopping my acsess to these drugs.write back , i love to hear some advice , question-why is that i know that i will get teribble withdrawls, why do i continue to try to get these drugs? i know i'm addicted but why?
I am 18 years old and i am a senior at my high school! I am addicted to hycodan (hydrocodone) cough syrup and lorcets. I all and all quit and this is my second day quitting and i feel so bad. All i want to do is lay in bed! how much longer will these withdrawal symptoms go on? I had to quit cause i got my whole life ahead of me and if i didnt quit now i wouldnt never quit! please help me!
Hi there.. I am back. I have been clean for a month and 1/2... I know I should probably be proud and happy but in all honesty, I am totally depressed, stressed, edgy etc. I have daily headaches, cramping and I CAN NOT handle it. I was doc hopping and my doc will no longer see me. Funny how they get you addicted and once you are clean and ask for help, the do not care. Anyway, what I am about to write is probably bad but I notice in one of the post that some of you got Vicodin via a doc on the internet. How do you do that? Is that Legal? I am going crazy and need some help.. Ketta, I know Vicodin is not the answer to my problem but I NEED TO FEEL BETTER.  Love you ALL.
F
Hey man, Welcome.

You know, just your looking for help and coming to this forum shows alot about yourself. Thanks for coming and keep coming back here. There is a lot of serious wisdom on this forum, wisdom learned from pain as the song says.

Give us some background on your addiction. How long have you been on the Hydro cough syrup and the Lorcets? How much a day/week? Tell us a bit about yourself if you're willing. The withdrawals are terrible at best but you will make it through it all. You will have loose bowels, cold chills, sweats, like having the flu. You will have no energy, lack of appetite, lack of sleep but your tail will be seriously dragging. This may last about 1 week. You may have depression which is Normal for the withdrawals. It may last for a week or a few. You may feel like you want to disappear from society but don't. It's all part of these horrible payments to the piper. We have all experienced these same symptoms, or at least a great majority of us. Some more, some less. You need to make a plan each day that you are not going to just lay down and waste away. You need to know that you are totally understood here. Does your family know about your addiction? what kind of support system do you have at home? Set goals each day to make yourself eat, get some sort of exercise, supplement your diet with multi-vitamins and keep yourself/mind occupied.

How did you get started on the cough syrup and lorcets? Tussionex was my choice syrup. It is bad stuff. Let me reiterate, WE are here for you. There is nothing in an addiction worth holding onto. All here can attest to the fact that it is a miserable dead end. I guess that I don't need to tell you that considering what you are experiencing right now. I will pray for your Mental/Physical/Spiritual healing.

In His Love, JR.~
First--Listen up here--YOU WILL BE OKAY; YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH.  Now, the second part is a little harder.  Getting through is not easy.  But it IS easier than hanging on and one, two or three years down the road having to go through this under some other "dire" circumstances.  Now, at 18 this won't mean a whole lot to you; that's okay; acutally, that's good.  (Best part would be if it NEVER meant anything to you!).  But point here is that if you do not stop now, you WILL be facing trying to stop AGAIN.  And the next time it will be more difficult; it will involve more poeple you love and care about.  And if you don't give it up then, well then you keep going and the next time it will be even more difficult because it will not only be more pople you know but it will directly or indirectly involove all of your family.... yes, WhiteMike.. as hard as it is, you are where you want to be under you current circumstnaces.  You're the Man!!!   I mean how many 18 year olds would have such control????? Way too cool.... I am impressed.  Use this ability to stay clean.... live through the few *days* of difficulties and go on to being all that life has for you.  Post here if you need it.  In the beginning, you might, but I would guarantee you, eventullay, you won't... you have it all in control.  It's all there for you, so start soaring......... and take off!!!!!!
hi , i'm disappionted that no one anwsered me but anyways, i am still craving for a vicodin, and i feel lost without them. i am so bored .i really depended on these pills do get me through the day, especially at work.
i saw a great doctor-a neuropyschaitrist-he gave me wellbutrin 150mg 2x a day, with one serzone at night -i believe 150mg.this combination worked well with my addiction.these are anti-depressants.hope to hear from anyone -bye-
try wellbutrin 150mg 2x a day with one serzone-150mg-i believe,at night.this combination works well with addiction, these are anti-depressants. a great neuropychiatrist prescribed them to me.goodluck -bye-
great post jess....  i am praying that will bring her one step closer to inner freedom...

peace... stars
Yes, I know 3 people who have used medicusa.com. It is a legitimate service, BUT, if you are thinking of buying the Hydro or valium, FORGET IT. It WILL be seized by US Customs upon entry to this Country. I know from personal experience. I hope that answers your question. (Sorry- I know what you're going through, and I KNOW you wanted to hear differently-- Just look at it as a sign from God.. that's what I did. stay healthy!)

Jess
I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE EVER ORDERED FROM MEDICUSA.... (ON LINE SITE). I HOPE SOMEONE WILL BE ABLE TO LET ME KNOW.
THANKS
Jess, thanks for your post. Did all three get seized? Gee! Well, I guess I will wait and see... Thanks for the post.
To answer your question, My order of vicodin was siezed by customs, and one friend of mine had the same thing happen. I also tried to purchase Ultram online from another foriegn dealer, and they had great prices, so I ordered a WHOLE lot of Ultram from them... to make a long story short, I lost about $500.00 on the deal because even though Ultram is NOT a narcotic, it is now ILLEGAL to tranport ANY drug into our borders. In other words, you can't even buy ASPIRIN online and expect it to be delivered. Don't be fooled by these companies- IT IS LEGAL for them to sell you ANYTHING (Even MORPHINE and/or HEROINE, and they WILL send it to the USA... Unfortunately, Customs / FDA will seize it, and the end result is that they will just send it back to wherever it came from, and you will be "Blacklisted" by the Customs Service. You CANNOT get your money back from any of these companies-- all they will do is give you "Store Credit" which is useless, because anything that they sell is Illegal to import into the USA. So if you want to get hold of ANY of the drugs that you REALLY want/need... you just have to find a crooked doctor, or buy them illegally on the streets... Either way, you WILL LOSE in the end. It is not worth it. Just suffer through the pain of the withdrawls-- eventually, you WILL feel better, and you won't be a slave to these chemicals!

Best of luck!
Jess
i am surprised no-one has written, where is everyone? please write, i do need you to help! ihope everything is ok respond soon
Hi there, and welcome to our forum.

In your post, you mentioned that there were no replys.... If you want to talk to MANY people about a particular issue, just post on the top or NEAR the top of this page. It's too bad to have to do it that way, but as we all know, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to start your own thread by asking a question.

I hope all is good in your life!
Jess
I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS, AND THERE IS A LOT OF THINGS YOU TOUCHED ON. IN YOUR ORIGNAL POST YOU TALKED ABOUT A CAR ACCIDENT, AND I FEEL TERRIABLE ABOUT YOU LOSING YOUR PARENTS. IF YOU HAD THE TASTE OF MORPHINE, OXY, VICS, YOUR BODY AND MIND GOT TO LIKE THE FEELING. I BELEIVE SOME PERSONS MAY BE HAVE AN ADDITIVE NATURE. THERE SEEMS TO BE A NEED IN YOUR LIFE FOR ARTIFICIAL "GOOD FEELING" WHICH FOR MOST SHOULD COME NATUALLY. I BELEIVE SOME-ONE IN YOUR FAMILY "TIPPED OFF" THE DOCTOR WHICH WAS VERY TO THE POINT. I KNOW IT SOUNDED REALLY CRUDE WHAT THE DOCTOR SAID, BUT SHE PROBABLY DID YOU A FAVOR IN THE LONG RUN. YOU MAY WANT TO SEE A DOCTOR ABOUT DRUGS SUCH AS PAXIL, OR ZOLOFT WHICH SEEMS TO EVEN OUT YOUR FEELINGS, SO THERE IS NO FLUXUATION IN MOOD SWINGS. I THINK YOU MAY HAVE TO TRY IN THIS AREA, INSTEAD OF GOING DOWN THE ROAD OF DESTRUCTION OF OPIATES. THE VERY BEST AND GOD BLESS
I am glad to hear so many people were smart enough to realize they didn't want to be addicts any more.
I am happy to hear so many people got off hydrocodone and realized they were addicts.  I had to take it to make it through work for quite a few years, but never increased.  I only took what my doctor prescribed for me but now I realize he really didn't help me with my real concerns regarding my neck pain.  I thought he would at least let me know what I was up against with my condition, that due to the rods placed in my spine, the neck would one day collapse and never get better.  I thought that is why doctors follow you, so they can advise you of what is best for you after reviewing continual x-rays of increasing problems, like when doctors tell their sports patients they need to quit.  I continued to go to my doctor because I was hurting and the pain wasn't being alleviated by the hydrocodone. I expected the doctor to help me decide what would be best for me, even if it was quitting my job, to at least let me know what would eventually happen if I continued to sit.  One doctor I went to for worker's comp after years of seeing my other doctor said I wore out my back doing my job.  That is what I expected to hear from the doctor who was prescribing me pain pills. If I were his daughter would he just prescribe pain pills too? I doubt it. It makes one realize that if you don't get answers from one doctor, you need to go to another. I like to go to doctors who tell you the real truth about pain medication and your what your condition will be in the future.  I never took more than the directions stated, but on a few occasions I did due to severe pain. I would take about 4 per day and then when I got home I would take a nap. My liver was checked but I never got any negative results. I never went to other doctors to get more pain pills. I am angry that my doctor didn't forewarn me about what could eventually happen to my neck.  IF HE DID,  I would have left my job several years earlier.  One doctor told me to move closer to work and I listened to him. So if my last doctor had told me that I needed to leave my job, I would have listened to him too. Now it's too late. Something happened to my body I don't understand.  Maybe hydrocodone was part of it as some people don't have a high tolerance for drug use.  It's like living hell every minute.
Great post, but you are posting to a thread that is 9 years old!
I realize now that some doctors enable you while others give you clear and concise warnings. I had back pain all my life. Now, I can't even walk or function very well. The reason I worked as long as I did was because I had a son to raise.  It would have been better for me to leave and be on disability.  My life is horrific now, every second. I am so sad for my son.