Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Hydrocodone Urinary Retention

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hydrocodone Urinary Retention

I was taking 5mg hydrocodone for a year.  Started feeling nausea and stomach pain.  CT scan showed
my bladder is about 3 times normal size because of urinary retention.  Anybody ever heard if hydro can cause this in men (with enlarged prostate to start with).

Thanks.
Hi Randy.  Urinary retention is a side-effect of all opiates for men and women.   Were you just taking 5mg per day for a year?   The hydros could be exacerbating an existing condition you may have.   Talk to your doctor about this in more detail.