Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Hydrocodone Withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hydrocodone Withdrawal

Rex is right - prayer does help.  I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I'm a good mom, yet still I have become dependent on hydrocodone to help me through the day.  My pastor recommended setting my morning alarm clock for an hour before the kids wake up.  This works - believe me.  He said, first pray for 5 minutes.  Then open the Bible & read for a few minutes.  "The Book" is a paraphrase Bible that is much easier to read than the King James.  Another good Bible that's easy to read is the "Holman Christian Standard Bible"  Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you shouldn't use Valium or hot baths to help with the hydrocodone withdrawal - those things help too, and so does massage therapy.  You can get a back massage for $30 to $50 at massage therapy clinics.  I agree that the physical part of it needs to be addressed, but don't ignore the spiritual part, because it really helps.  I noticed that if I get up earlier and "spend time with God" by praying and reading His words before I start my day, it makes it a lot easier to resist my temptation to take the pills that day.
Sincerely, Tita
Hi Tita67!
  Thanks for the encouragement!  God is a vital part of our healing!  I appreciate what you posted!!
  sincerely,
Kissy