Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Hydrocodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hydrocodone

Got addicted to hydrocodone due to back problem. Been taking about 6 months. What can I do to relieve withdrawal symptoms?
especially depression and sweats.
Take the pain and know that with each day you WILL FEEL BETTER!! You probably should have weened yourself off, but if you didn't just hang on and it will be worth it. I am going through the same myself and it's not the first time. I've had back pain, surgery, pain again and next time pain management will consist of acupuncture, meditation and anything but narcotics!
join the club no one in their right mind should join. It took 2 inpatient detox stays to quit. With Gods grace it will be 4 yrs this yr,I cannot imagine kicking at home..how many mgs/#of 7.5s or 10's were you taking per day? The best thing they gave me was catapress,blood pressure reducer. That with Quinine for the cramping made the physical tolerable. The depression?Time,God and knowledge that their is life after you get out of vic/lortab hell. God bless and good luck brother.
it's hard at first, your tired and very achey (achy), it's like your body needs it. just try to get as much sleep as you can and within a week you will start feeling better
To Tony, Was takin 20 7.5 per day. been completele off for about 6 days now. Don't feel like doing anything no hapiness, no joy , very irritable and depressed and weak. Girlfriend gave me Xanax for depression taking 2 a day helps a little. This **** is hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took Vicodins for about 6 mths
To Rick.  20 7.5's a day??!!  That is a lot.  By now I am sure you are feeling somewhat better.  I am going through the withdrawl (withdrawal) hell myself, right now.  It sucks really bad but I just keep telling myself that it will pass with in a week or so.  A looooong week or so.  -Cristi
Here in Australia we can get anything up to 9mg Codiene/tablet (with 500 mg Paracetamol) over the counter.

I've been doing these on and off for about 3 years now. I've quit twice. But it's SO easy to fall back into. Any excuse will do. An injury, a head cold, anything.

My new years resolution is to quit, for good. 1.5 days so far! I was taking between 6 and 8 9mg tablets a day. I feel like **** and find it hard as hell to sleep. But from memory these symptoms drop off in a week or so.

This stuff is a *****!
I'm a family practice Dr. myself, and found myself taking some Vicoprofen's that were laying around just for fun.  Now it's 2 years later and I have been writing Rx for myself under assumed names.  I did stop for a couple of weeks about 6 months ago, but got some cough medicine for a holiday weekend; and the rest is history.  I was up to #20 7.5/day and sometimes more before I stopped.  I think my body knew something I wasn't ready to admit and I slept for 18hrs., sweats and only 12 pills over 2 days.  The next day my wife found the stash of bottles (with old boyfriends names as the patient) and called me on it.  The last time I quit, we were going through some tough times and she wasn't there for me.  She told me not to be so scared to quit, that the withdrawal was all in my head.  BOY IS SHE WRONG!!!!She knew I had trouble 6 months ago but didn't know I started again.  Believe it or not, she has been very understanding!  I'm trying to continue with my life while I withdraw, i.e. going to work, caring for our son etc.  
I went cold turkey  that day.  It's now day 5 and I'm starting to feel a little better.  Intellectually, I know all the problems but it's hard to personalize.  I'm scared.  I have access of course by prescription at any time.  I WILL NOT LET ANYONE OTHER THAN MY WIFE KNOW!  I will NOT go to NA and will find a way to kick it myself (sound familiar).  Just writing this has helped me already.  I just want to know.... will the desire to have some pills leave my every waking thought any time soon?
Oh, one other thing.  I never used the Hydro for pain, other than when there WAS pain, it helped.  I have heard that if there is a true source of pain and that pain is removed (i.e. a nail in your spine) the withdrawl (withdrawal) is less.  
It bothers me when I see people justifying their use for the pain control.  First of all, there isn't much better pain relief with the Schedule III and IV Narcs than the new NSAIDS.  I.E. when I take off some moles or something, people NEVER ask for pain meds other than Motrin type stuff.
When you think of withdrawl (withdrawal) think of what it does to you when you use and reverse it (constipation-diarrhea)(sweats-chills)and the good news, the impotence goes away:-)
Obviously I've lost all credibility to you all as a physician, but with my background, I do understand some of the physical aspects.  For example, I'm more worried that my liver will not recover from the Tylenol than damage from the Hydro.  I don't have any signs, but plan on a full physical in a month or two.
Does anyone know how long before a drug test is clean? After all the physical withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms perhaps?
Hi to all of you people out there who are having trouble with hydrocodone. I also feel for the doctor (noneofyourbiz) as I have been a nurse for 23 years. I started taking tyleno #3's 15 years ago after a car wreck and was really abusing them, going to several doctors to get enough meds, also getting on Zanax for awhile. It was a nightmare, and I was full of guilt because I was a nurse and a Christian, which made me feel like I was just not trusting God to help me deal with my problems. Boy, how you can lie to yourself when faced with an addictive personality. I finally got off all that for several years until 4 years ago when I hurt my back at work and had back surgery. I have constant pain, and for awhile I was taking Lortab and Some. Again I took more than the prescribed amount and would run out before refills were allowed. It is a terrible dilema to try and tell yourself "I will only take these when I need them, and not just to feel good, so I won't run out." Well, that never has worked for me. I also take 12 or so Tylenol and 6-8 Advil a day for 3 years now in order to deal with the chronic pain in my back and leg. But I want to try and stay away from the hydrocodone because obviously I can't take it like I should. I really do pray for all of you out there who are going through this type of nightmare. God can truly help, though. And He is always there, even when we fall, He always picks us back up. I too worry about liver damage from 4 straight years of multiple Tylenol use. So far there are no real symptoms of liver damage, and I pray God has protected me. It is hard as a professional to feel like you can talk to anyone about this type of problem. Glad there is a forum like this to come to, read, and know others are dealing with a very difficult area in their lives.
                                Good luck to all and God bless!
Hi again! Just as my letter was being submitted I noticed I left the "l" off Tylenol and spelled Xanax with a Z instead of an X
Boy, how is this for compusive behavior at 3 in the morning. Just wanted the letter to be right. The computer is too fast!Bye
I really feel for the doctor and the nurse.  I managed a medical office for eight years.  Eighteen months ago, after the birth of my second child, I started using some of the samples of Vicodin for menstrual pain.  Once I discovered the energy they gave me and what a perfect employee and mother I became I was hooked.  The last six months, I was taking 20-25 Norco tablets (10 mg. hydrocodone/325 APAP per tablet) EVERY DAY!  I got another job thinking that if the temptation was removed I could stop taking them without difficulty.  Boy was I wrong!  At first, I think that every addict thinks that he/she is different from every addict that has come before.  That they will be the first to stop on their own because they are stronger...this is only the pills talking.  When you use hydrocodone, you think you are stronger than everything else.  Eventually, I was forging prescriptions.  I tried to taper and was falling asleep in the bathroom at work.  I couldn't function.  Four weeks ago today I went through rapid opiate detox and received a naltrexone pellet.  At first I thought I would feel terrible for a couple of weeks and then all of the withdrawal symptoms would disappear.  Wrong again.  But I am much better than I was a couple of weeks ago.  I am not saying this is definitely the way to go but for anyone out there who is addicted to hydrocodone, find whatever way you can and whatever reasons you can to stop.  They will ruin your life.  My personal reasons for stopping was for my kids.  My mother was a severe alcoholic and I want them to have a good, sober mother.  As for those addicts working in the medical industry, it is even more important to be honest with ourselves and others.  As soon as you start trying to hide ANYTHING, you're trapped again.  I have been attending AA meetings regularly and they have helped enormously.  Do not be afraid to attend these.  Your anonymity will be preserved and you will get more than you ever thought possible from other addicts.  I was lucky.  I quit before I was caught.  Before I lost my husband. Before I lost my children.  Before I even lost my job.  But I would have lost all of these things - maybe even the day I entered treatment if I had not summoned the courage (and the fear) to quit.  Also, my detox doctor (also an F.P.) was once addicted to cocaine, alcohol, and had a near-lethal dose of morphine.  Talk about a wake-up call! He nearly lost his life!  Anyway, his perspective is much different from most doctors.  In fact, I trust him MORE than I would other doctors who have no personal experience of addiction.  As for the F.P., maybe this is your calling.  If you can overcome your addiction, think what a service you could do for your patients and other addicts.  This could be your calling - a blessing in disguise.

Good luck and God bless.
I can't tell you how much it helps me to read these stories.  My last Vicodin ES was at 10PM last night.  I take about 15 Vicodin ES or 20 Codine 3's per day (depends on what I can get my hands on).  I started this controlled taper program given by Kaiser hospital.  The biggest problem is I am quitting because I have to, I can't handle the stress of trying to get the pills all the time.  I go to the doctor a couple times a week to score. And when I can't I have a friend who's father getts 200 a month, and I purchase those.  I have taken them for years every once in a while for the fun of them, then I got Kidney stones and that was my excuse to abuse.  I milked it so bad to continue to get the pills.  They make me feel happy, I am clinically depressed and have been since I was a child, I take nortryptaline for depression.  I am afraid to live without the euphoria the pills give me.  I wish there was something I could do to look foreward to life.  I have 2 children and that doesn't even do it.  I am so ashamed, I feel like a bad person and a bad mother and a bad wife.  I just found something that makes me feel good for once in my life, and it figures it's wrong.  Will I ever feel happiness again.  Thank you all for your experiences, they helped me get through the day.             Kim
KIMBERLY,
I CAN RELATE TO YOU SO MUCH,I TOO SEE MULTIPLE DR'S TO GET ENOUGH MEDS TO 'FEEL GOOD'.CANT FUNCTION WITHOUT EM. I DO HAVE CHRONIC, SEVERE PAIN, BUT I TAKE THEM ALL DAY NO MATTER WHAT.THE MAIN PURPOSE IS REALLY TO FEEL GOOD.I DONT EXACTLY MEAN HIGH,BUT W/O THEM I HAVE NO ENERGY AT ALL. AS FOR DEPRESSION, THEY SHOULD PRESCRIBE THEM JUST FOR THAT!I ALSO SUFFER DEPRESSION AND THESE MEDS(OXTCONTIN & LORCET 10) MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I ONLY WISH TO GOD I COULD FEEL NORMALLY. ITS A VICIOUS CYCLE, I KNOW WE ARE NOT BAD PEOPLE- ITS CALLED SURVIVAL.WE DIDNT ASK TO BE PUT IN THIS SITUATION, IT JUST EVOLVED.MY HUSBAND IS IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT AS ME-AND ACTUALLY,IT HAS HELPED. JUST IMAJINE WHAT YOU WOULD THINK OF YOUR SPOUSE IF YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND THIER SITUATION! WELL- SOME OF YOU PROBABLY HAVE BEEN THERE, IM SO SORRY.WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 19 YEARS, ADDICTED FOR ABOUT 12.I DONT LIKE THAT WORD-ADDICTED-BUT I GUESS ITS TRUE.MANY TIMES FAMILY MEMBERS , ETC JUST DONT BELIEVE THAT PAIN CAN BE SO BAD, IF THEY'VE NEVER BEEN THERE.THEY THINK YOUR JUST LAZY, A WHINER.
WLL ITS TOO BAD THEY DONT TREAT PAIN MEDICINE LIKE BLOOD PRESSURE OR HEART MEDICINE-IF YOU NEED IT,YOU NEED IT.
I've had the most horrible experiences with this drug , the reason I got hooked on it was because my doctor perscribed it for a cracked tailbone. Beleave me it hurts all of the time I drive a Taxi for a living and would like to find an alternative
so I can work and not take Hydro again....any ideas p.s. I think this is making my stomach upset. Hat's off to all of you. It's nice to find a forum to discuss this. Henry

Recently tried to quit I was only up to 4 or 5 Lortabs a day.
Have any of you experienced severe stomach problems?/
Hi, Have recently tried to stop taking Lortab and experienced severe stomach problems has anybody else had the same reaction?
Gastrointestinal problems are common when withdrawing from opiates.  If they continue for more than a week or are severe, seek medical attention.
I have been taking Vicoprofen for 6 weeks, 2 pills a day. I was having pain since a hysterectomy and have found excuses to take the pills after pain went away. I have stopped taking Vicoprofen 2 days ago and feel horrible. I called my doctor today because I feel like I have the flu. I'm achy and was contipated but started taking stool softeners and now have diahrrea (spelling). Was I addicted and are these withdrawal symptoms. Will it get better. Thanks for all of those who have written. I believe that God is definitely getting me through this.
Dear noneofyourbiz,
     First off, I'm not a regular poster here.  Just found this link on a search engine (so please reply to ***@****).  I just wanted to warn you, my best friend's mom (who was a head nurse at a local hospital) got caught writing Vicadin prescriptions for herself.  She had to go to rehab, lost her nursing job, and she'll probably never be able to use her degree again.
     I can't tell you to stop, and if you do decide to start again, please be extremly careful!  This ruined that mother-of-3's life.  Don't let it happen to you.
ive taken vics 4,s and any other PK i,d getmy hands on for 5_7 yrs i would like to know if anyone knows anything to ease the withdrawls take between 75 to150mgs. a day along with 20 somas any help or suggestions to ease diareia sleeplessnes and all the other hell! the pills are controling me cant ask dr. for fear hed cut me off cold. have great wife and a7 yr old boy which i love and want to live tosee grow up thanks and god bless you.
I AM TOO ADDICTED TO VICODIN, I TAKE BETWEEN 10 AND 20, 10MG A DAY. I STOPPED A COUPLE WEEKS AGO FOR 5 DAYS AND FELT LIKE HELL. I STAYED IN BED ALL DAY WITH NO ENERGY AND CONSTANT DIAREAH, IT WAS HORRIBLE. I HAD TO TELL MY HUSBAND AND KIDS I HAD THE FLU. FINALLY I COULDNT TAKE IT ANYMORE AND HAD TO GO BUY MORE. I MISSED A WEEK OF WORK.  SO HERE I AM BACK  IN THE SAME MESS. NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY I CANT GET OFF THESE THINGS. THEY TOTALLY CONTROL MY LIFE, AND THEY ARE MAKING ME BROKE.  IM GOING TO TRY TO WEIN MYSELF OFF THIS TIME INSTEAD OF GOING COLD TURKEY. I HOPE IT WORKS THIS TIME. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!
Wow! lots of comments here!  I love the people here!

Hi this is pre-written for new people… hope this helps:

It’s good to come clean with your doc concerning your desire to get off.  Ask him to prescribe clonidine, (not klonopin), and ativan.  These will help with sleep, RLS and anxiety.  These are best to try before formal detox and drugs like Suboxone.  I had to do formal detox because I tried everything else, including alcohol to get off and nothing worked for me.  Keep in mind that when you try… make it a good one!  Have some time off of work if you can… maybe a four day weekend or more.  Make the last day of work without any drugs, because the first day is usually the easiest.  Try your best to get clean and stay clean because the other methods require more potent drugs and you have to come off of those.  I am still on Suboxone and am a little worried about that… It does work well but the jury is out on, “At what Cost.”  I also learned while in detox, that the mind can psychosomatically create pain to “get’ the drug.  Another was that healing while using opiates greatly diminishes.  I would have sores on my hands that would take way too long to heal.
Best
Fish
I have to say this from the bottom of my heart,  Please do not keep playing around with these drugs they are very powerful ….. kinda like heroin in a pill and just as hard to get off once you attain the, "addicted" status.

If you don't get any responses this thread you posted on is from 2000... If you would like to chat with current members of the forum please repost this as a new question on the main page of the site.. You can get there by clicking on "addiction forum" or back to forum which should put you on the main page..

Welcome.. I have been off of vicodin for 46 days and off of detox meds for 36 days...
Did anyone answer the Doc's noneofyourbiz question:

I just want to know.... will the desire to have some pills leave my every waking thought any time soon?

I kind of want to know the same thing :)

any feedback?

SANDMAN
New to this area but i can not stay long, i just wanted to let everybody know to check out what its like to live with ALS .
The reason is some of you are having a hard time, just wait untill you read into what it is that will make you stop abusing the presrips today.

ALS is the worst thing you could ever live with, anyway they are putting a trach in me next month and that wil be it, they will never be able to remove it period.
I did not want to live at one time, but now i am fighting to stay alive.

Part of the reason why i was able to hold on for so long was that the narcotics that i have been on for the last 5 years has kept my energy up thank god, it has kept me from having that dam trach put in.

But now it has reach that point where i'll no longer be to breath on my own, but i'll always be thankfull for the extra 2-4years without the trach, that the narcotics gave me.  

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME- and good luck to you all.
Prayers to you todd, posts like that make my problems seem like nothing. Thanks for the perspective AND may God use your situation POSITIVELY in some way.

You know, It's said that God will NEVER test you beyond what he KNOWS your capable of. If that helps any.

Maybe by how you handle this, it will show others and they will gain strength and perhaps pass it along.

lol... reminds me of that insurance commercial where someone sees someone do a good deed and then (next scene) they are helping someone as another person watches on (next scene) then that person is shown doing a good deed for someone else as yet another person watches this, and so on........

Sandman
BEWARE OF TRAMADOL...they say this is non-narcotic but I got hooked on them after only 2 weeks. I was taking Lortab for a hurt neck. Then went to Tramadol for 2 weeks. Those things will make you feel TOO GOOD!  Thank God I was only on any pain medicine for 3mths. I quit cold turkey on Christmas Day and went through 3 days of PURE HELL! thought I was going to have to go to the hospital many times. I was climbing the walls. MY blood felt cold, I had chills, fever, sweating, pacing back and forth, sittin up rocking back and forth non stop. This went on for 3 days, I threw up several times, Could not eat for 3 days. Finally, after the 3rd day, my appetite came back. PEOPLE just get help if you are hooked on any of these drugs. Remember My symptoms were this bad only after 3 mths on pills and I was only taking about 4 to 6 tramadols a day. And only a few Lortabs before those a day. If you stop COLD TURKEY and  you have been addicted for a long time, IT CAN KILL YOU! I recommend you go to a doctor and tell them the problem you doctor will understand and lower the dosage a little at a time!!! The doctor will not tell anyone your business either! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!!
I have been off of Norco 10 10mg per day since Friday 7/20.  I have not had any withdrawals.  I also take 30 mg 3 times a day of MS Contin.  I was so afraid to go off of the Norco because of the withdrawals I expected.  Am I not having withdrawals because of the continued use of MS Contin?  I do have kegitimate pain due to a neck injury in 2003.  I took myself off of the Norco cold turkey as no matter how much I take, I find no relief.  Please advise if I might still have some withdrawal symptoms.
I have been on tramadol now for 3 yrs and I have been trying to kick the addiction for about a year now and have had no success yet, and I am getting very discouraged!!!! So I know EXACTLY how you feel!! have you gotten off of them yet? Does ANYONE know how to cope with these withdraw symptoms without having to be addmitted into a hospital? I need help ASAP, I don't know how much more of this I can physically take before I HAVE to be addmitted. I just can't stand the thought of my family and work knowing I have such a problem!!!!!!! Can anyone help???????
The ms cottin is why you are not having wd.. withdrawl (withdrawal) occurs when your pain receptors in your brain experience a change in the input they are getting.. the ms cottin is still feeding the repectors enough opiates. YOu will probably not have any symptoms unless you cut down the ms cottin drastically  or stop taking it altogether
Fladdict is correct.  While I was on the oxycontins for my pain, I also took Lortabs for breakthru pain.  Because I was worried about what the tylenol would do to my liver, I stopped taking the Lortabs cold turkey and experienced no withdrawals.  Why would I?  I was taking large amounts of oxys.  But if you weren't taking the MS Contins, you would definitely experience withdrawals.
Good luck,
Yoda  
My doctor wants to put me on a pain patch.  I hesitate because she is not alwys availbale to give me refills as needed.  I would rather be in pain than continue to be at the mercy of a physician that cannot fill my Rx's as needed.  I was hoping to try cutting down on the MS Contin by next week-end but know I cannot cut in half or crush.  If I were to go on the patch (Fentanol?) can I expect to discontinue the MS too without withdrawals?  I do not want to take pills anymore after 4 years.  My overall health is becoming affected.  I've been following this forum for about 8 months now and have watched many of you succeed. Your help and support is appreciated.
Yes a similiar thing would happen especially since Fentynl is such a strong pain medicine.. I will say to becareful the patch is very strong stuff and very hard to get off of once you are on it.. I believe that patches are changed every 2-3 days.. so refills would be easier I would imagine..
I wish the best for you... struggling with pain and not wanting to continue taking pills is a tough spot to be in...
I was an hibitual drinker for 10 years, getting drunk every weekend and sometimes a couple weekdays too. When I had neck surgery I discovered hydrocodone and found myself not caring at all about alcohol and wanting to take the pills everyday. I ordered from online sites while they were still legal and was up to 7 10mg pills a day. I know that is not a lot compared to what everyone else here has taken but I was definately hooked and felt like I NEEDED them just to feel like going to work or talking to anyone. When the internet sites were shut down a couple of years ago, I got a local doctor to prescribe 30 capsules a month. Seems minor, I know, but I would count the days between refills. A bottle lasted me about 4-5 days and then I was back to anticipating the next. From my experience I have found this stuff is very mentally addictive. It can also be worse for a person who has  fought insecurity and depression his entire life (been on welbutrin for 5 years). I have been off it for 7 weeks now (doctor finally cut me off) and just in the past week I began feeling like I can get on without it. However, I find myself looking in the medicine cabinet or kitchen of just about anybody's house I find myself in - friend's, relative's, or someone throwing a party. I still have no desire for alcohol. It seems like an "imperfect high" that is now not worth the hangover. I just know that if I were to win the lottery, that would be it for me. Probably, I would get on heroin for the rest of my life. Only my responsibilities to my family keep me from going down that road.
Trying to quit "cold turkey" is a bandaid fix for a lifelong problem. If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol, AA or NA can provide you with a new way of life. It is amazing. I know... I went from taking 10-20 Lortab 10's a day to living a happy life. Just try it. The people there have been where you are, no matter where that is. If you are honest, they can help. All you have to do is be honest and willing to try.
Ultram/Tramadol Warning:  I was introduced to Ultram about a year ago prior to having spinal fusion surgery.  I had asked my MD if there was a non-narcotic option that I could try instead of the Vicodin.  He suggested Ultram and felt that it would be a very safe alternative.  For those of you that have not taken it, it is an extremly effective pain reliever and frankly, I found it to be better then the vicodine.  It also had what I thought was a subtle mood elevevation effect.  I have never had trouble discontinuing vicodin and have never abused prescribed dosages but even at below "safe" daily dosages of Ultram, I found it almost impossible to stop.  I had to use high doses of vicodin as a substitute and taper over 5  weeks...then you have to deal with the vicodin taper.  I am extremely concerned with the medical communities lack of understanding of the addictive nature of Ultram.  For any of you that have been exposed to chronic pain, you can understand the benefits of the mood elevevation component.  IN SHORT, THE PURPOSE OF THIS NOTE IS TO MAKE SURE THAT NOBODY THINKS THAT ULTRAM WILL BE SAFER AND EASIER FOR THEM TO AVOID ADDICITION.  I am confident that once the FDA has ample evidence, they will change the classification of this drug but I feel very sad for the thousands of people that will struggle with discontinuing a medication that were told was "safe" by their physicians until that change takes place.
Im hooked
Im hooked on hydrocodone and I dont know what to do. When I was young I broke my leg and now I have back an hip pain I wont to stop takeing them but the pain hurts so bad. Can someone help me please.
I am 27 years old and I take 10-12 10/325 (vic's) pills per week - primarily for pain and relaxation.  I have pain that prevents me from sitting for long periods of time without the help of this type of medication.  I very typically lay off for the entire week and then take pills during the weekend.  I've found that Ultram is MUCH more effective for relieving my back/hip pain originating from broken hip and pelvis (traumatic car accident) in 1998.  I have developed a tolerance, however, to the hydrocodone.  I find that I need to take 2 10/325's pills to really get the full effects, and that doesn't last more than about 3 hours.  I fear that taking this regimen is harmful to my liver - especially the 325 of tylenol each pill.  I have 2 questions - how long do I have to lay off in order to lose that tolerance?  I think this is called a "drug holiday".  Question 2: if the tylenol is damaging my liver - is that damage irreperable?  
Go to the forum this is an old thread. There is a lot of help there.
Hi!!! Im sorry you are feeling down.I too am having the withdrawls.You are not alone.Try looking up the thomas reciepe.From what I can tell its helping me a little.

Good luck and dont give up!
Do ya see the forum???
what i dont understand is if you or anyone really as sever cronic (chronic) pain as mself (i have two of my discs  s1 & l5 gone ) not to mention a stright spine with that being said i need serjury..... or medication... to live a normal life so how do so many people cry about addiction and pain killers and trying to quit or figue out a way to start judging people about their pain meds because of the other people that played with the meds and claimed (pain) then thier addicted and fighting to get off and then they cry (withdraws ) these are the pathetic people who screw the people like me that need the meds. THANKS by the way just for me to enjoy a normal life i have to take about 2040 mg of oxycontin,then 800 mg to 1200 mg of percocet 10/325 , 20 mg of valium ,24 mg of delaudid, 600 mg of celebrex , and call this what you want but when i am on this program i can walk ,move anywhere with no pain,play with my 4 year old son, help my mom and grand parents, work,and also work around my house, ride my atvs ,make love to a woman . you get it live a normal life even in these hard times , so to all of you people out there cring about addiction and your bull **** pain to catch a little high then cry to get off you should stop screwing up the lives of the people like me (you people are messing up our lives in more ways than you realize or probably even care i hope that some dey alot of people do somethings to efect our lives like you all are doing to me and the 2.8 million others out there like me that you pass everyday      THANKS  STOP CRYING ADDICTION AND START BEING A REAL PERSON    
If you are a family dr, why don't you just write yourself xrips for valium? That will help you big time
Im sorry you feel the way that you do but when its all said & done you are an addict and just havent had the gutz to face the music. if you have the problems that you say that you have & surgery is an option why wont you just have the surgery because for anyone to take the amount of medicines that you have just mentioned that you take on a daily basis there is no way anyone should be able to walk around not to mention function normal.if you refuse surgery yet you will take the medicine instead then yes you are an addict & believe me you will be just like the rest crying about withdrawls not to mention trying to get some sort of help. i have a loved one that has the exact same problem that you have and yes they are addicted.if you cant see it now you will if your family hasn't noticed it.there is a problem but you are just in denial. good luck with a pain free/non narcotic life.
Thank you for your insight but do you know the difference between ADDICTION and PHYSICAL DEPENDENCE? With the medication I take, I am able to function normally, work full time and perform all daily activities with a focused a lucid mind. I would LOVE to have surgery but the type of surgery I need (complete disc replacement) has not yet been perfected and until it is, medication therapy is the right thing for me. Would you happen to know of a pain medicine doctor? My doc's wife got diagnosed with cancer and won't be able treat me. If you do have referrals, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and please respond.
I HAVE TAKEN HYDROCODONE  FOR ABOUT A YEAR. ONLY THREE A DAY AS RX ADVISED FOR A MAJOR BACK INJURY. I DO NOT GET AROUND VERY WELL WITHOUT THE MEDS. THEY DO WORK, AND I NEVER GET A HIGH FROM THEM, JUST REDUCED PAIN. LAST WEEK I SAID I WILL STOP TAKING THE TABS FOR A FEW DAY TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO PROBLEMS. LET ME TELL YOU WHAT, I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TYPE OF WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) ETC... AND AS A RETIRED 20 POLICE OFFICER VET. NEVER USED DRUGS. THE WITHDRAWLS AFTER 48 HOURS WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD. I MEAN I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK. AFTER ABOUT 60 HOURS I HAD TO START BACK ON MY TABS DUE TO WITHDRAWLS. NEXT DAY MADE A DOCTOR VIST TO SAFELY GET OFF THIS DRUG WITH MY MEDICAL PROBLEM. I TELL YOU AS A PATROL OFFICER I HAVE SEEN MANY PEOPLE TAKING THE HYDROCODONE AND DOING WHAT EVER IT TOOK TO GET IT. AS OF LAST WEEK WOW I GET IT NOW. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN MARIJUANA BE ILLEGAL AND THIS RX BE LEGAL I WILL NEVER KNOW. IF I KNOW WHAT I KNEW NOW, I WOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED TAKING THESE PILL. I CAN NOT EVEN MIND WHAT IT MUST BE LIKE IF A PERSON WAS TAKING 10 TO 15 A DAY AND STOPPED.
I don't know of a way to stop the aches, runny nose, sneezing and total feeling of crap. I have been taking Ambien to sleep and when taken it eases the cravings and puts me to sleep. At the very least I do get some sleep. I would check with a physician before taking advise over the internet but it sees to be helping me. Good luck and my dosage has been about 3, sometimes 4, 10/500 hydrocodone per day for the last 6 months. Prescription says 1 every 4 to 6 hours.
I too live on the loritab hell. I'm on day two of quitting and didn't go to work today. My boss has put up with more than any boss should. I know I will feel better in a week or so and will stop thinking about them as much. The only thing is in exactly two weeks I get a refill of 120 lortab 10's. And then I know if I pick it up it will start all over again. Please GOD give me strength to leave it at the pharmacy. I've been addicted for 6 years.
It is nice to see someone has the same reaction to these horribly addictive things as I do..  hydrocodone & tramadol are my problem. They give me energy and make me super mom! I can do anything and everything with my kids- art projects, play groups, sports, etc. etc.  And then there's cleaning, laundry, etc. etc.   I am terrified to quit because I don't want the withdrawal symptoms to make it impossible to function and be a good mother.  I don't know what to do.. I seriously can't tell any of my family, they would just die.  I've tried... even emptied a half bottle in the garbage can.. I dream about pills all the time. I've prayed to God many many times for strength and guidance and I think it's there but I keep giving myself excuses on why I NEED them.  it's pretty ******.
this stuff if not really good for me since i have adhd but ever since i broke my leg i have been taking it for 4 years now and i just cant stop but just finally i seeked help yesterday
and so far the help of my family, friends, and doctors i am making little progress so far
this ***** baddly
i am right where you are...it *****...i keep trying to quit and always go back.  did my best taper in the last two days, but I'm out now and the anxiety over what i know the withdrawals will be like is as bad as actually being there!  have a script, but use those up and buy from my friend who is getting sick of me and does actually need them more than I do...or so I think until I'm about on day 3...then i feel like i need them more than anything!  i'm also a mom who can do all i want when i have these - and cannot let on to ANYONE about my problem...tried to hint to my husband, and got just what i expected - so never brought it up again...best to you....