Hydrocone Withdrawals-----Amino Acid Protocol?
I was on lortab for the last 10 months. My use got out of control. I'm embarrassed to even say the amount I was taking each day the last few months. I have been through this before due to a injury but have never been up to this high of a amount. I took my last of them Saturday afternoon. As of know, I'm not feeling to horribly bad but I'm sure it will catch up to me as days 3 and 4 always seemed to be the worse.
I was wondering if anyone has tried the amino acid protocol? If so, does it help at all? I'm thinking it might help mentally as I would still be stuffing my face with pills. Just not the pills that will end up killing me if I continue on the track I was on. I'm about 48 hours in cold turkey and just want all this to be over. Any insight on the aminos would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for listening!
Congrats on 48 hours!!
Day 1 is always the worst for me.  Hydros are a very short acting med, it may not get any worse than it is right now.
don't know about the amino acids.....just hang in there....iwas on vicodin for almost 2 years via a pain mangement dr. & got so totally addicted.  after about 4-5 days you see the end of the tunnel, so hang in there...you can do it.  just remeber, you FEEL like you are going to die, but you won't. I basically didn't sleep for the first 5 days, shook like crazy, horrible abdominal stuff. a friend gave me some valium for 3 of the nights & that really helped, lots of hot baths etc (thomas' receipe)
I tried to follow it but got diarrhea from it all. I just ended up taking the 5HTP and L-tyrosine. They really did help with energy. Good luck and congrats on day 2. I hope that it doesn't get any worse for you. God bless, Corey
Yes....the amino acid protocol works.  Keep it simple and purchase a protein mix from GNC that contains all the aminos and then some.  I drink three of these a day and have been for almost 1.5 years.  Combined with a good diet and exercise, you'll start to feel better much faster; worked for me.

Take Care,

Guy